Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Warrior WRAP 2.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 05:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Your works looks great.

I also hope to build a WRAP2 but I didn't received ordered goods during 19months.

I ordered to Cromwell this WRAP2 and other resin kit on April, Last year.
After payment, Mr. Gordon Brown didn't email or dispatch good so I emailed and email but Mr. Gordon Brown replied he still working it.

I still waiting but his last reply was on March, this year.

DId you all guys really received this goods from Mr. Gordon Brown?

My Name is Stephen Seungdong Baek (S.D. Baek on Email) and lives in South Korea.

Anybody who advise me, please email me to [email protected]
size=1 color=#353535>

Gordon contacted me, shortly after my last post.
Keef1648
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,240 posts
Armorama: 1,192 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 05:35 AM UTC
While I understand your frustrations I don't appreciate the airing of your issues with Gordon Brown on my thread.

I QUOTE from earlier in this thread >
Gents.
I don't want to turn this into Cromwell for or against so I will add a couple of comments here and leave it at that, any further information required, please e.mail me or use the personal IM here. UNQUOTE

Yes I DID get my items directly from him, 3 different items all within the last two months.

I suggest you email him again with your details and proof of monies taken from your account (dates etc.)

This thread is not the forum for a continuing discussion about the issue!

Thanks for understanding!

Keith.
pattesmaq
Visit this Community
Haute-Alpes, France
KitMaker: 80 posts
Armorama: 80 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 06:05 AM UTC
hello
it's very nice !!!
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 - 10:37 AM UTC
A little forward movement and one backwards....

Wired up the front detector boxes located on the front corner slats...

Broke off one of the rear main anti IED table supports along with the antennas, so time was spent fixing that
problem

Added and painted the slat armor along the left side and over the rear door..

Decals placed on the fire extinguishers..

Drilled out a small rod for the 8 smoke grenade launchers (dropped one).. I like the look of them without the usual rubber caps...

Ran out of time so I will take some pictures tomorrow and add them here.

Keith..
Blucop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 279 posts
Armorama: 262 posts
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 - 11:56 AM UTC
Nice work Keith. If you don;t mind could you PM me the cost of this conversion and Cromwell contact information?

Thanks
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 - 01:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice work Keith. If you don;t mind could you PM me the cost of this conversion and Cromwell contact information?

Thanks

No problem, check your IM.

Keith.
SdAufKla
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 2,238 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 - 02:16 AM UTC
Progressing along very nicely Keith. I'll be looking forward to seeing what comes along next.
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 - 10:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Progressing along very nicely Keith. I'll be looking forward to seeing what comes along next.

Just checking to see if I fixed my problem eh?

OK. here we are, a general view of the left side, almost complete, Fire Ext. decal on and you can see the power cable for the front sensors.

A clearer shot of the front power cables for the sensors.

Right side general view.
Antenna table and support re fixed. And two frequency jammers repainted in the lighter Yellow Sand. Taller antenna in position.

Rear view.
Mud flaps and corner slats still to add, weathering of track and pads will be done last. Door slats in place.
The Fire Ext. was moved from the door for better crew access.

My open mouth smoke discharger barrels in place and power cable added.. I also added the 'MISSING' cable connector box, on the sides of the turret, below and slightly rear of the antenna mount supports.

Keith.
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 953 posts
Armorama: 705 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 - 12:41 PM UTC
Looks great...
SdAufKla
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 - 04:31 PM UTC
It just get's better and better, Keith!

(BTW: Problems? What problems?! I don't remember you telling me about any problems... )

I might just have to plan a pilgrimage down to the hobby shop this week to get a first hand look-see.

Later,

RotorHead67
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,174 posts
Armorama: 772 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2012 - 12:26 AM UTC
Keith
It's Coming along great!!! The little details make the difference. Nice job on the painting & weathering. She looks
finished to me. Cheers
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2012 - 01:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Keith
It's Coming along great!!! The little details make the difference. Nice job on the painting & weathering. She looks
finished to me. Cheers

Thank's for all the input chaps.

Still a ways to go yet though, turret hatches and positions to be chosen, (possible figures in situ or closed up, you know how some high powered commentaters hate open top stuff, especialy IPMS ones)....

Not 100% happy with the wavy turret slats, I may warm them up and do some reshaping or replace them completely....

Turret antennas needed. Details to be touch painted and the whole thing weathered...

I can honestly say I have enjoyed this beastie.

Point to note, looking through the mass of available color pictures and having spoken to some serving members at Bovington, it is possible to see many small differences and variations of anti IED armour, both slats and reactive, sensors, positions and different antennas (rear), cameras (front and rear) on individual vehicles as they are updated and upgraded. Also reactive armor packages and lower slats removed and replaced.

No doubt the Warrior will look much different when the turret and 30mm RARDEN is replaced in the near future... Looking forward to seeing an updated/replacement model from the cottage industry

It is my 29th wedding anniversary today so I may not make it out to my model shed today... Oh well, priorities..

Mike I will take the beast to work if you like.

Keith.
SdAufKla
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2012 - 04:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

... It is my 29th wedding anniversary today so I may not make it out to my model shed today... Oh well, priorities..

Mike I will take the beast to work if you like.

Keith.

Keith, congrats on your anniversary!

I'll give you a call tomorrow (Monday) and coordinate a day and time. I've got some automotive maint. issues that have to be worked out tomorrow, so I'll be restricted to the local area. Maybe Tuesday or Wednesday?

'Til then,
youngtiger1
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 534 posts
Armorama: 344 posts
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2012 - 06:44 PM UTC
Keith,

Just found this thread and glad I did. This is wonderful project and looks like your almost end result is looking awesome. I really like look of this Warrior. It sure is different. Different as in good

Mike
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 12:19 AM UTC
I would like to add a photo here of Her Majesty the Queen visiting my old regiment in Combermere Barracks, Windsor.

What I want to point out is the 'NEW' sand and soil deflector that is hooked from the hull to the side slats just above wheel level.(Looks Grey and has Black attachment hooks and straps.. The vehicle is the newish Scimitar (FV107) CVR(T) Mk.2.

This keeps the sand and soil from spiraling upwards and pushes it down and away from the vehicle, helping with vision.

Thank's for visiting Maam.

Anybody out their working on producing a Scimitar Mk. 2 perhaps?
AFV Club? or aftermarket update kits?

Keith.
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
Armorama: 1,143 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 02:22 AM UTC
Keith,
Every update is just that much better then the last one. Just a outstanding modeling effort. Your weathering looks incredible.

Enjoy your 29 wedding anniversary. We just had our 30th back in July, and never did find any free time that weekend.

Joel
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2012 - 12:51 AM UTC
I have come to a unanimous decision, after a long debate with myself, to remove the slats from the turret and redo them.

Although not really evident in the pictures, they are not vertical and horizontal and in one area distorted (wavy) and I cannot straighten them enough to satisfy myself.

It distracts from the rest of the build and has to be sorted.

Replacements are on the way from Scotland and I will tackle the issue when they arrive.

Meanwhile I will carry on with the rest of the build today and tomorrow.

Keith.
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 - 01:26 AM UTC
I have decided (I think) to have one turret hatch closed and one open with a yet to be decided figure in situ.

Point to note here, is the hatch piston, as provided in the kit, it needs modifiying.

The two small piston arms with bolt heads should (need) to be removed and a piston rod added. The rod needs to meet the rod (arm) located to the rear, it goes between the hatch supports.

Then glue the two tiny arms on the top and bottom of that cross bar, the piston rod is fitted 'inside' the bar and secured by the bolts!

Why the kit makers just molded them as part of the piston and located them on the top of the hatch is beyond me, they have to attach to something, right?

A quick look at the Warrior pictures confirm my findings and I will add a photo of my update over the weekend at some point!......

Keith.
SdAufKla
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 - 02:43 AM UTC
Keith,

The exposed piston rod on the closed hatch should add a nice "sparkly" bare metal highlight to the turret top, and the opened hatch with the retracted rod should tell the "story" of what the mechanisms are for and how they function quite nicely.

Nice catch with your research!
dvarettoni
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 778 posts
Armorama: 763 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 - 03:44 AM UTC
Keith are you going to bring this masterpice to the meeting next week please i would love to see this up close
thanks dave
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 - 01:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I have decided (I think) to have one turret hatch closed and one open with a yet to be decided figure in situ.

Point to note here, is the hatch piston, as provided in the kit, it needs modifiying.

The two small piston arms with bolt heads should (need) to be removed and a piston rod added. The rod needs to meet the rod (arm) located to the rear, it goes between the hatch supports.

Then glue the two tiny arms on the top and bottom of that cross bar, the piston rod is fitted 'inside' the bar and secured by the bolts!

Why the kit makers just molded them as part of the piston and located them on the top of the hatch is beyond me, they have to attach to something, right?

A quick look at the Warrior pictures confirm my findings and I will add a photo of my update over the weekend at some point!......

Keith.

Here is a picture of the hatch without the rod and as the kit instructions show it.

And closed hatch in place with rod and bolt head.

I may bring it to the Christmas meet Dave.

Point to note.
If anyone does this project or uses any Warrior updates/conversions, the many many bolt heads of different sizes adorning the kit supplied side and nose armor can be shaved off and used on other projects requiring them.

Keith.
RotorHead67
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,174 posts
Armorama: 772 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 - 03:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

And closed hatch in place with rod and bolt head.

Keith;
Ok, so call me stupid. And this rod does what, seeing that it's attached to the hatch and shaft which the hatch pivots on. Mechanically impossible to aid in hatch movement!!
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, December 09, 2012 - 02:27 AM UTC
Sorry but I may have not spelt it out correctly.

The rod (piston) does connect to the cross member but at the top and not though the bar as I stated..

The two middle supports also contain the notched hatch position detents.

I will also have to go back to my books and also modify what I have done so far (I ain't happy either) but that's part of the fun eh...

Basically a quick cut off and turn things around!
Look closely >

Keith.
SdAufKla
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, December 09, 2012 - 03:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

... Ok, so call me stupid. And this rod does what, seeing that it's attached to the hatch and shaft which the hatch pivots on. Mechanically impossible to aid in hatch movement!!...

The piston pulls, not pushes.

Because it's located on top of the hatch and hinge, its action is eccentric to the hatch-hinge line. As the piston gets shorter, it pulls the hatch upward and the hinge forces the hatch to swing to the rear.

It works exactly the opposite of the common pistons found on your car's rear hatch back (or maybe under the hood), only those pistons push the hatch open (lift gate action) instead of pulling the hatch open. This is because those pistons are INSIDE the hatch not OUTSIDE, as on the Warrior turret hatch.

I think what must not be apparent in the photos is that the tube (hinge barrel) that the end of the piston rod is attached to must be stationary with the actual hing pin/rod rotating inside of it. This would give the leverage and travel needed for the piston mechanism to do its work.

HTH,
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, December 10, 2012 - 12:49 PM UTC
Thanks for that Mike.

A couple more shots from yesterday.

And a possible figure.

Mud flaps made from heavy foil with brass bolt heads.
The left one is a full flap and the right one a bit chewed at the bottom.

The crews are constantly replacing them during maintinance periods...

You might be able to pick out the hold up hooks that can be used when the flaps are rolled up and hooked.

I will be modifying the rear door slats to help unblock the vision of rear view camera, this was done in field and later at the installation stage.

Keith.