Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Warrior WRAP 2.
Removed by original poster on 01/27/13 - 00:35:11 (GMT).
Keef1648
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,240 posts
Armorama: 1,192 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 12:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks like it drove out of a sci-fi movie! 98%? I always find things to touch up... 105%... 110%. And, I would have stopped at 98! Looks awesome! Am I going to see this one at Nationals?

Matt, no mate, sorry.

Number 1, I don't enter contests and secondly I won't be at the show. If that changes it will be on the 'display' only table.

It will also be on display at our upcoming AMPS/IPMS show and competition in Sumter SC this June.

Keith.
SdAufKla
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 2,238 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2013 - 11:13 AM UTC
I'll really be looking forward to getting a good view of this at the next meeting, Keith.

The final slat armor on the rear corners really does "complete" the overall look.

I know you still have a few things to do on it, but this has been a great project so far, and I've enjoyed following along, both here on Armorama and in person!
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2013 - 12:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'll really be looking forward to getting a good view of this at the next meeting, Keith.

The final slat armor on the rear corners really does "complete" the overall look.

I know you still have a few things to do on it, but this has been a great project so far, and I've enjoyed following along, both here on Armorama and in person!

Thanks Mike.
As you know I will be away (Vegas) and unable to make the meeting but please feel free to unload it from the store showcase and give it the (fast) once over

Keith.
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, February 02, 2013 - 10:33 AM UTC
Thanks for the input chaps..

A couple from today.

OK. off inside for a hot cider and a sarnie..

Keith.
SdAufKla
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, February 02, 2013 - 12:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

... OK. off inside for a hot cider and a sarnie...

Keith.

You know, of course, Keith, that I had to Google sarnie!

Looking good! Hope to get a chance to stop by the store this week to see it in person.
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2013 - 09:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

... OK. off inside for a hot cider and a sarnie...

Keith.

You know, of course, Keith, that I had to Google sarnie!

Looking good! Hope to get a chance to stop by the store this week to see it in person.

Sorry Mike.

Ok. finally got my figure almost done, so here it is.

I find faces hard to do but I try.. :-[

These will be the last for a couple of weeks, off to Vegas next weekend for a week.

No time for modelling during the week

Keith.
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, May 24, 2013 - 10:36 AM UTC
The competition is upcoming, June 22 so the base has to be sorted out.

I stained a small piece of cheap wood I purchased from our local craft store and also purchased a sheet of styrofoam.

After measuring the base I made a template and cut two pieces from the sheet and hot glued them together. I then added a couple of corner pieces (third level). The following day I shaped the foam to give it a descending/ascending look...
After about 20 minutes of cutting and shaping I then mixed up some plaster of paris and covered the whole thing and left it to dry for a couple of days.

While this was drying I finished weathering the underside of the Warrior and added a front camera to the right side of the drivers hatch. At the same time detailing the figure, all he needs now is a Mic. and cable.

Here is where things stand now.

The next step will be to add a very thin layer of Celluclay over the surface and add rough groundwork while it is still wet.
The Warrior needs to be placed on the damp clay to ensure it sits 'in' the groundwork and at the correct attitude. It should not look as if it is perched on the top.

I have decided to place it pointing downhill, this way more of the model is presented towards the front.

Final steps will include painting the groundwork and the sides of the foam and joining it to the base, which will have been sealed and covered with a gloss coat.

Finally, time permitting, I will most likely add a standing soldier off to one side.

Keith.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Friday, May 24, 2013 - 11:07 AM UTC
All I can say is, that I am glad I won't have to compete, with this build. Looking forward to the base. Do you have any close-ups of the figure?
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, May 24, 2013 - 11:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

All I can say is, that I am glad I won't have to compete, with this build. Looking forward to the base. Do you have any close-ups of the figure?

He's a bit shy Matt but I will see if I can get him to pose tomorrow (Saturday).

Keith
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, May 25, 2013 - 11:43 AM UTC
I have covered the base partially with Latticrete, a rough texture tile grout (the darker color) and the rest with Celluclay.
Following that, I proceeded to wipe areas with diluted White glue and add some rocks and stones.

The Warrior has been placed and 'settled' into the ground work and removed.

The infantryman on the ground is indicating to an area to his left, possibly for the Warrior to watch over. I have left the muzzel off of his weapon purposly and will add it once I am ready to put him in place, saves knocking it off!

Some White glue is showing to the right.

I still have to add the Microphone to the crew member before fixing him in place..

A closer look at the infantryman.

Once the surface has dried I can then take to painting the ground and sides, then attach it to the base.

Keith.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Saturday, May 25, 2013 - 11:51 AM UTC
I see the crewman has overcome being camera shy.
majjanelson
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,355 posts
Armorama: 979 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 25, 2013 - 01:40 PM UTC
Keith,

Really great work, my friend! The Warrior, the soldier & crewman, and the base are all looking superb.

I know you are from across the pond, but please allow me to wish you a happy and SAFE Memorial Day, you old tanker you.
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, May 26, 2013 - 12:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Keith,

Really great work, my friend! The Warrior, the soldier & crewman, and the base are all looking superb.

I know you are from across the pond, but please allow me to wish you a happy and SAFE Memorial Day, you old tanker you.

Thanks Jeff.

And may I wish you and all the members of this wonderful site a very happy Memorial Day.

My (American) flag is up and proudly flying!

Keith.
dvarettoni
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 778 posts
Armorama: 763 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 26, 2013 - 02:58 AM UTC
Keith looking great are you going to bring it to the next meeting ???
dave
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Sunday, May 26, 2013 - 06:13 AM UTC
Here's to all of the veterans, past and present. Both of my grandfathers served, one in two wars. My stepfather, a chopper pilot in Nam. My uncle, who can't tell stories of what he did. And, my father(two tours in EOD and one he can't talk about).
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, May 26, 2013 - 12:34 PM UTC
Dave, yes I will bring it with me.

I managed to get some more work done on the base, using some desert sand colored Acrylic paste and airbrushed Tamiya Buff.

Most of the base sides are painted Black or Brown etc. I decided to use a texture paint that I purchased from our local craft store, this gives it a bit of a different look.

From the front, you can see the forward/downhill slant.

The barrel has been attched to the infantrymans weapon, Mic. and cord added to the crewman and both are temporarily in place (not glued) along with the Warrior.

A different angle with a better view of the infantryman.

And one from overhead. The rocks and groundwork will continue to have color added as it dries.

That's it for this weekend.

Keith.
SdAufKla
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 27, 2013 - 01:56 AM UTC
Keith,

The base is looking great, and the texture paint on the sides does add a nice touch and a unique appearance.

I also like the interaction between the commander and infantryman. The eye-to-eye contact ties them together quite nicely.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing it in person soon.

Happy Modeling!
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Monday, May 27, 2013 - 02:24 AM UTC
Just found this one and I am mightily impressed for sure. Ground fig and APC all are in top order and well made sir! I am continuingly in awe of the guys that build these modern vehicles as they are so complicated.
J
hliu24
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 798 posts
Armorama: 797 posts
Posted: Monday, May 27, 2013 - 03:51 AM UTC
Again keith,

One of my favorites! fantastic paint job

Jay
aristeidis
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 621 posts
Armorama: 592 posts
Posted: Monday, May 27, 2013 - 06:47 AM UTC
Amazing built and paint job Keith! Many congratulations! Lucky having in your hands the conversion! Keep up the good work. Looking forward to your next model!
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 27, 2013 - 11:16 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Amazing built and paint job Keith! Many congratulations! Lucky having in your hands the conversion! Keep up the good work. Looking forward to your next model!

Aristeidis, thanks for your comments.
May I suggest you contact Gordon ref. a kit!

Keith.
aristeidis
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 621 posts
Armorama: 592 posts
Posted: Monday, May 27, 2013 - 11:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Keith.

I already have but i took no response! Never mind maybe sometime i will try again! But let's talk about some details of your beautiful kit: What color did you use for the camo? The figures are from accurate armor brand? Congratulations again for the magnificent result you have there!!!!
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 12:06 AM UTC
Gordon quoted me $85, for the conversion. This did not include shipping.
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 02:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Keith.

I already have but i took no response! Never mind maybe sometime i will try again! But let's talk about some details of your beautiful kit: What color did you use for the camo? The figures are from accurate armor brand? Congratulations again for the magnificent result you have there!!!!

Send him another email and ensure his reply doesn't hit your junk/spam mail box.

He is mailing out a WRAP 2 conversion this week, to another member of this site.

The painting details of the Warrior is contained within the earlier pages of this build. The infatryman on the ground is AA. the turret figure is not, I will look at his box when I get home this evening.

Keith.