Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 1,491 posts
Armorama: 997 posts
Posted: Monday, December 08, 2014 - 10:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

It's OK KUrt,
I don't think any one wanted to be mean. Just expressing viewpoints and opinions.
I think everyone thinks your work is very good,they may disagree with the scenerio?
No haters here,
J

Hey Kurt,

Jerry is right. I don't think anyone intended to be mean. At least I didn't, but I'm sorry if my choice of words seemed too harsh. Sometimes, when I'm really into a build (whether it's mine or someone else's), I can become obsessed with little details...
Anyway, keep up the good work!

It's okay Nicolas , please don't apologise !It was a good and interesting reply .

Thanks again for the reply,

Kurt
1stjaeger
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,727 posts
Posted: Monday, December 08, 2014 - 10:11 PM UTC

Hi Kurt,

just trying to help avoiding flaws or mistakes m8! Never any bad intentions, truly!!

Cheers

Romain

kurnuy
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
Posted: Monday, December 08, 2014 - 10:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Kurt,

just trying to help avoiding flaws or mistakes m8! Never any bad intentions, truly!!

Cheers

Romain

It's okay Romain , you're always welcome m8 !

Kurt

jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Monday, December 08, 2014 - 10:31 PM UTC
Koom-buy-ah my Lord koom-bye-ahhh
See...all is in order with the universe.
J
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Monday, December 08, 2014 - 11:27 PM UTC
Hi Kurt,

You have a great many followers here whom wish you only much success. It's like we're all at the workbench with you.

Keep up the good work, buddy!

—mike
kurnuy
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
Posted: Monday, December 08, 2014 - 11:55 PM UTC
Okay ! No more gluhwein for you Jerry ....

Thanks mike !

What a nice compliment buddy , really appreciated ! I won't let them down . (i hope )

well let's see what i can do with the tracks of the Sherman , i have to keep other people happy ! Oh boy !

Kurt
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2014 - 01:35 AM UTC
Zu spate!! Ich bin schon pesofen!
kurnuy
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2014 - 02:58 AM UTC
Schade , gehen Sie sofort schlafen Jerry !

Okay , back to English now ...

This is what i've changed on one of the tracks on the Sherman tank,please have a look on the pictures

I have to paint the track on the inside though ....

Kurt
Stickframe
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,661 posts
Armorama: 1,202 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2014 - 10:50 AM UTC
Hi Kurt,

Unhappily, I just don't know as much as our friends here in regard to the dilemma your tank crew has found themselves in!!! I guess I'll need to watch and learn! That said, the dio looks great! I enjoy watching your builds - you're always going for it and exploring new concepts! I appreciate the relative risk you take in doing so - you (or, I should say "I") never know just how it will play out - good show!

Cheers

Nick
Paulinsibculo
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,322 posts
Armorama: 1,239 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2014 - 01:27 PM UTC
First of all: no intention to hurt.

So, now it seems that the sherman rolled backwards, leaving the left track that way.
But than the vegetation shoulds show marks from the right track......

Just a consideration.
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2014 - 07:27 PM UTC
For what it's worth,I liked it the way it used to be with the track spooled up in the front. I have seen pics of tanks like this in the war.
J
jhoenig
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 343 posts
Armorama: 313 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2014 - 09:09 PM UTC
Kurt
There will always be a few technical glitches to work out and everyone will have a different view, just take it as constructive criticism, everything that gets posted on this forum will have different views as well as good advice from those that have a little more knowledge. (other then pics about 80% of my posts are questions out to the guys that know a little more then me) But its all good.
I wanted to say the whole "Monochromatic Aura" is great, it just instantly gives a feeling of gloom and cold and the tree on the tank adds to it - Great Job!! and the little things will work themselves out.
- John
kurnuy
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2014 - 09:14 PM UTC
Thanks guys for looking in ,

* Nick , thank you so much for the kind words it is always a pleasure to read your analysis about my stuff. Indeed, i think that we share the same way of making a diorama ...meaning a very large part is pure knowledge but the other part is experimenting and see where it leads ....sometimes it's like searching for a needle inside a haystack and get out with the farmer's daughter
Thanks again !

*Paul , no problem ! You are right again , the Sherman was hit on the dirt road and because the crew didn't see where the shot came from and apparantly thought they were sitting ducks , the tank commander ordered the driver to get in to the trees hoping for a better shooting position . Unfortunately , the tank was hit in the left track and by the time they reached the trees they were completely immobile. So indeed i have to make some tracks in the forrest ground.

When i made my first diorama and showed the progress on the net , a Dutch modeller gave me the advice to place everything in an other angle in comparison with the sides of the base board . It would give the scene a better impact and it would look more interesting to the spectator. That was a Golden tip !
So from then on i always take the advice of a modeller from Holland in serious consideration

*Jerry , yes i liked it too, but it's better for the story that way !

Kurt
kurnuy
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2014 - 09:39 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Kurt
There will always be a few technical glitches to work out and everyone will have a different view, just take it as constructive criticism, everything that gets posted on this forum will have different views as well as good advice from those that have a little more knowledge. (other then pics about 80% of my posts are questions out to the guys that know a little more then me) But its all good.
I wanted to say the whole "Monochromatic Aura" is great, it just instantly gives a feeling of gloom and cold and the tree on the tank adds to it - Great Job!! and the little things will work themselves out.
- John

Thanks John ,

that's some good advice WOW! I'm really overwhelmed this time ...donno what to say anymore !

I'm very curious about your project The Hurtgen Forest , that will be an eyecatcher for sure , knowing your skills to make a forest...

Thanks again for the good advice and the great compliments coming from you that means a lot to me !

Kurt
kurnuy
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2014 - 02:36 AM UTC
Hi guys ,

back with an update ....OH NO ! Ow yes !

I have started to create a trace in the soil from the right track on the Sherman . It is not done yet because as you can see there are no print marks in the soil. That's for later when the panther tank is done then i can finish the dirty road , track marks included .

This is a snap shot from the front of the tank....just looking for a great pic..

Then further i have begun with the assembling of two WSS figures from Dragon ( German Combat team ) both of them are equipped with Alpine Miniatures heads.

Okay now.....this is getting serious .....the camo patterns..haiaiaiaiaiai.....the paint job on the faces...haiaiaiaiai.... the moment of truth has arrived ! Will it be a GO or a NO ??? Wish me luck !

Kurt
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2014 - 09:04 PM UTC
Nice choice of figgies but I feel I must say that I have yet seen no pics of any WSS troops in the Ardennes wearing the cammo padded winter combat suit, They were not issued until later,before Hungary.
J
kurnuy
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 01:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice choice of figgies but I feel I must say that I have yet seen no pics of any WSS troops in the Ardennes wearing the cammo padded winter combat suit, They were not issued until later,before Hungary.
J

You must be right J (sorry for the late reply), so it is a little flaw on the box art . The other 4 figures + commander of the Panther tank are completely from Alpine Miniatures. There are 9 WSS figures .

I hope this weekend i'll find some time to paint at least two of them. Thanks for keeping the interest bro .

Kurt
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 08:10 PM UTC
No problem buddy!! I am trying to keep the interest going on this forum in general. The place has almost been like a ghost town lately,
J
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 03:47 AM UTC
Just fell on this. VERY impressive groundwork.
1stjaeger
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
Posted: Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 06:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

No problem buddy!! I am trying to keep the interest going on this forum in general. The place has almost been like a ghost town lately,
J

You are right m8! Nothing much happening!! Spent my time in the M.A.S.H. again where I couldn't really post anything! But there was little to enjoy either, so I had to spend my time reading (can you believe it!)

Cheers

Romain

1stjaeger
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
Posted: Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 06:04 AM UTC

Kurt, you've found an elegant solution to the track thingy! Well done that!!!

And the whole scene looks so cold and unpleasant....like one of those days you should have stayed in bed!

Great show my friend!

Cheers

Romain

kurnuy
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
Posted: Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 09:36 PM UTC
Hi guys ,

* Jerry , fortunately we always have you looking in all the topics and to give us reply. You are a true gentleman sir !

* Bill , thanks for the visit and the great compliment ! Appreciated !

* Romain , i'm glad you like it and yes now it seems more likely that the tank was in motion before it got destroyed .Thanks for the kind words m8 !

Kurt
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2014 - 12:46 AM UTC
I still liked the track the first way!! Heeheehee,
J
kurnuy
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2014 - 01:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

J

You mean like it was in the box when i opened it ????

Kurt
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2014 - 07:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

J

You mean like it was in the box when i opened it ????

Kurt

There you go again!
J