Hosted by Darren Baker
In the cold morning of December 19, 1944
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 31, 2014 - 08:47 PM UTC
Nice progress Kurt!!! Yes,I am awaken early and feeling GOOD on this first day of the new year. I am taking antibiotics so I couldn't drink!!! Hahaha
Nothing so serious as our dear buddy Romain though. My fervent prayers for your complete and rapid recovery bubba.
Don't mean to hyjack the thread but this is us old geezers' form of facebook I suppose?
J
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 31, 2014 - 09:01 PM UTC
Happy new Year Kurt

And great progress on this diorama mate. That's a nice group of figures that will walk along that road. Looking forward to see them in full color.
kurnuy
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 1,491 posts
Armorama: 997 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 31, 2014 - 10:59 PM UTC
Hi guys ,

thanks mike , Jerry and Robert for the reply .

A very Happy New Year buddies ! ( Yes Jerry you to again )

-mike , don't worry i will keep it up !

- Jerry , i hope the illness gets over very soon ! I have no problems with your comments by the way even if it's not about the diorama.
- Robert ,thanks for your possitive comments really appreciated my friend from over the Moerdijk !!!!

No updates today unfortunately, that's for tomorrow !

Kurt
kurnuy
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2015 - 04:17 AM UTC
Hi folks ,

here i am with an update . The figures are finished but their camo patterns are not hundred percent accurate , i guess i need a lot more practice

Here are the photos and may i have the results of the voting Jury please ???

Thanks for looking anyway !

Kurt
ahandykindaguy
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,295 posts
Armorama: 1,191 posts
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2015 - 04:49 AM UTC
Looking very cold Kurt! Very cold indeed. I like your progress and think it's turning out to be a great diorama sir.

Dave
Stickframe
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,661 posts
Armorama: 1,202 posts
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2015 - 06:04 AM UTC
Hi Kurt,

Your build is looking cold, serious, and very good! I like your add of the German soldier keeping an eye on the wounded tanker - he's clearly not their priority, but equally, they know he's there and they haven't forgotten or overlooked him.

Hope you enjoyed the holidays and happy new year!

Cheers
Nick
kurnuy
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2015 - 10:52 PM UTC
Happy New Year to you too guys ,

- Dave , thanks for the visit and the kind words . With the lamp shining on the diorama the cold effect is more present .

- Nick , also thanks for looking in . You have the right scenario in mind . You always do by the way

I'm pretty satisfied with the result so far and i'll hope that the build of the Panther tank don't cause me too much troubles.

Kurt
Motives
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 444 posts
Armorama: 428 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 04:22 AM UTC
Looks awesome! The figures all look very nicely embedded in the terrain.
I'm still not sold on the US tanker though. In my mind it does not really read and he feels a bit disconnected.
A question: Does he have a lower body?
An idea that crossed my mind was to move him out of the tank and make him sit on his knees with his back to the german in the great coat. I think that could add some urgency to the scene. "is he a prisoner?" "Will he be executed etc."

FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 04:44 AM UTC
Ola Kurt

Great choice of figures. They really fit in with the cold atmosphere you want to show. They look well painted.

I have a question about your photography as I noticed for a while now that your pics are very grainy. Do you do any adjustments in photoshop or something?
kurnuy
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
Posted: Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 05:38 AM UTC
Hi guys ,

thanks for looking in and the nice comments.

- Johan , the figure does not have a lower body , it's an item of Alpine Miniatures . So all what you see is the upper body sticking out of the hatch and that's the ''complete'' figure. I understand your point of view and frankly it's not a bad idea at all... but sometimes i don't want to give a straight answer to the question. That's just my style....i show a very badly wounded tanker who is trying to climb out his hatch . What's going to happen with the tanker is up to your thoughts

- Robert , you're right after i took pictures i increase the scharpness of the photos and then sometimes i'm zooming in on the subject. The sharpness of the recent photos is a little bit too high to be honest but i don't use photoshop because in my humble opinion that's a little bit cheating. It's all done with Windows Live Photo Gallery a standard program from Windows.

Kurt
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 06:08 AM UTC
Ola Kurt
Being a graphic designer by trade I almost feel offended by your comment that using photoshop is cheating.
It is if you use it to retouch it and hide areas you missed. But if you use it right. Adjusting levels to get the color to what it is originally, Sharpening it, cropping it etc. etc. it is not all that different from what you did with Windows live photo gallery without committing the crime of completely killing the quality of your pictures.
kurnuy
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
Posted: Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 06:23 AM UTC
Hi Robert ,

i'm sorry my dear friend to upset you with my shameless comment about using photoshop..... . Therefore i apoligize to you hoping that you will forgive my little ''akkefietje'' (small thing) .

I will never say that again !

Kurt
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2015 - 07:33 PM UTC
What...no update?

J
CombatInScale
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 58 posts
Armorama: 57 posts
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2015 - 07:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

What...no update?

J

I've been eager to see an update as well! Great build so far, looking forward to seeing the completed project.
kurnuy
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2015 - 10:23 PM UTC
Hi guys ,

Quoted Text

What...no update?

hey....in the United States you have , Superman , Tarzan , Batman , Spiderman , Rambo , Rocky , the Terminator , Captain America....etc

In Belgium we have only Manneke P ( you know the little guy in Brussels)....so please be patient !

Kidding aside , i am hoping to give you an update this weekend (at last). It's a bit busy this week .

Thanks Jerry and Mike for your support . Stay tuned !

Kurt
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2015 - 10:40 PM UTC
Belgium has:

Drum Roll........................................

And:

Really how many superheroes do you need?
1stjaeger
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,727 posts
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2015 - 11:30 PM UTC
Belgium has a lot of great personalities and things, no doubt!

But..wow!!...who is that lady????? I'd accept her in my team anytime!!

In the meantime (and waiting for an update ) I reiterate my previous comment regarding the absolute low temperature of the scene!! Brrr, I think I better get a coat!!!

The group of figures is consistent, so full marks here!

I don't know about camo smocks in "maffia-pattern"....that was more conspicuous on pants I think, but as I said, I'm no expert!

Great show so far m8!! Keep them coming!!!

Cheers

Romain

kurnuy
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
Posted: Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 12:01 AM UTC
Okay ,

first of all , thanks to Robert.....(no comment) oh boy , i really have to get some rest now with a nice cold (Belgian of course )to swallow this through !.....tssss

- Thanks Romain for the nice words !
The lady is called ''Mega Mindy'' she's like superman (same character)and it's a television series for the youngsters . The series is broadcast in Flanders and in the Netherlands.

Quoted Text

I don't know about camo smocks in "maffia-pattern"....that was more conspicuous on pants I think, but as I said, I'm no expert!

i'll see to it !

Thanks for the support

Stay tuned !
kurnuy
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
Posted: Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 03:08 AM UTC
Hi everyone ,

i have a small update . I couldn't do much this weekend so i've started assembling two wss panzergrenadiere . These guys are the opponents of the sergeant. The bodies are from the Dragon kit ''ambush at Poteau'' but fitted with conversion heads from Alpine miniatures like the other German figures.

I've cancelled the motorcycle and its driver by the way to spare room for the Panther tank.

Kurt
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 07:34 PM UTC
Good choice of figures. They will fit in nicely. But where can I get a 1/1 scale figure of the red suit girl?
J
kurnuy
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2015 - 01:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Good choice of figures. They will fit in nicely. But where can I get a 1/1 scale figure of the red suit girl?
J

I'm sorry buddy for this late reply but things were a little bit busy for me this week. No there's no such scale on the market only dolls for little children about one foot tall and smaller....but i guess that's not exactly what you are looking for...

To everyone !Yes i have an update although it's a small one.
One of the two wss panzergrenadiere is finished but with an other conversion head (also from Alpine ). I had a little accident with the first one ,but the figure is done.The soldier wears a U.S poncho and an M1943 type of trouser probably because he wants more protection against the cold weather and there was enough American garments to find when they were advancing.

Okay , the pictures here we go

Thanks for looking !

Kurt
panzerconor
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,271 posts
Armorama: 1,253 posts
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2015 - 06:36 AM UTC
Awesome! That little vignette within the big diorama is fantastic. I love that kind of interaction in dioramas, especially between combatants. The painting also looks better already!

-Conor
Stickframe
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,661 posts
Armorama: 1,202 posts
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2015 - 12:46 PM UTC
Hi Kurt - yes, another epic build by you! I agree with Conor - really nice how much you weave into each build - awesome!

Cheers
Nick
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2015 - 08:29 PM UTC
All the prep work you did with the groundwork,etc is now paying off by the clever placement of the figures that you wisely selected. The is a great pic of the guys' interaction as well.
J
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2015 - 10:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

... I love that kind of interaction in dioramas ...

Quoted Text

... really nice how much you weave into each build ...

Quoted Text

... clever placement of the figures ...

What they said. Coolness!

—mike