Hosted by Darren Baker
Armata
Sgt_Pickle
Visit this Community
Kaunas, Lithuania
KitMaker: 105 posts
Armorama: 103 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 03:57 PM UTC
The amount of [auto-censored]posting in this thread is amazing. Armata hasn't been officially released yet and people are already arguing about it's capabilities.

http://gyazo.com/8f3b99dcca81547263c73172617a5733
The picture is not working for some reason.
Krokogen
Visit this Community
St. Petersburg, Russia
KitMaker: 137 posts
Armorama: 135 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 04:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The picture is not working for some reason.

I help you
vettejack
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,277 posts
Armorama: 1,254 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 05:15 PM UTC
Since I'm retired Air Force...who happens to build 1/35 armor (don't ask ), I have a soft spot for all things airplane. Knowing what I know, and if I was a 'ground pounder', I'd want fixed wing and 'fling wing' thingy's flying around and protecting my 'six'. My choice? Give me the F-35, the Apache, the Cobra, and most of all...the A-10! No better a$$ kicking combo than these four messing up your weekend and/or anything 'Ivan' could throw at ya!!
Sgt_Pickle
Visit this Community
Kaunas, Lithuania
KitMaker: 105 posts
Armorama: 103 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 07:28 PM UTC
Thanks. Does it look like it has anti- slip surface on the front of the hull? Is this the first time anti-slip is applied on a Russian tank?
Krokogen
Visit this Community
St. Petersburg, Russia
Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 07:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks. Does it look like it has anti- slip surface on the front of the hull? Is this the first time anti-slip is applied on a Russian tank?

Not first. Terminator:
AndreasBeck
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 24 posts
Armorama: 6 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 04, 2015 - 12:40 AM UTC
No "T-14" (Armata MBT) at the latest Alabino rehearsal-
ppawlak1
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 1,973 posts
Armorama: 1,843 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 04, 2015 - 01:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

they want to retire the A-10 so they can buy the way over priced and over rated F-35 joint strike fighter

We are here with Russian tanks, does not prevent you discuss prehistoric plane?

Sounds like you are trolling.

Perhaps You should take that to the other Forums you frequent ?
Krokogen
Visit this Community
St. Petersburg, Russia
Posted: Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 01:45 AM UTC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA0A1A0IHbs
Krokogen
Visit this Community
St. Petersburg, Russia
Posted: Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 02:10 PM UTC
joepanzer
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 803 posts
Armorama: 740 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 03:19 PM UTC
Back when I was in the Army, the scuttlebutt was that Soviet tankers couldn't be taller than 5 ft 5 inches. Does that still hold for today and with the advent of the Armatas higher profile, would that be eliminated? (noticed how I slipped Armata in there to satisfy the "let's stay on topic" requirement)
JmeDubya
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 124 posts
Armorama: 124 posts
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2015 - 05:43 AM UTC
New pics

Youngun
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 587 posts
Armorama: 550 posts
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2015 - 05:51 AM UTC
Is it just me or does the Armata look like a T-90 and a Leopard 2 had a love child...
IrishGreek
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 627 posts
Armorama: 571 posts
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2015 - 05:39 PM UTC
Alex, I was just thinking almost the same thing. I was more generic though, I was thinking Western tanks. Seems like its got some Leopard and Chally too.
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2015 - 07:42 PM UTC
I thought about the Leclerc but still it's the same idea.
It's strange to have two crewmen in the hull. Would the turret be "unmanned"?

Olivier
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2015 - 11:15 PM UTC
Hi;

I thought it was suppose to have three crew members,
Driver, Commander, Weapons Operator and was to be A OHWS with A 125mm Gun, another Enigma for Russian Vehicles.

CHEERS; MIKE.
IrishGreek
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 627 posts
Armorama: 571 posts
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2015 - 11:17 PM UTC
What Mike says is what I have read so far too. The following link shows a layout diagram. Who knows for sure how accurate...

http://tankandafvnews.com/2015/03/31/oe-watch-releases-details-on-russian-armata-tank/
sauron
KitMaker: 134 posts
Armorama: 132 posts
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2015 - 11:25 PM UTC
Another link with a little more info:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/russia-just-unveiled-armata-battle-150000347.html

jwest21
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 3,374 posts
Armorama: 3,126 posts
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2015 - 11:56 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi;

I thought it was suppose to have three crew members,
Driver, Commander, Weapons Operator and was to be A OHWS with A 125mm Gun, another Enigma for Russian Vehicles.

CHEERS; MIKE.

I also heard three. This article says 2, but it may be a misprint. http://rt.com/news/251641-armata-first-tank-photo/
JmeDubya
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 04:11 AM UTC

Armata and APC gain pro-separatist St. George ribbons. There's also new armor/armor modules on a few of the T-15 AFVs, more angular and not flat verticle panels. Think we'll see that turret during the parade or is that going to stay obscured?
Krokogen
Visit this Community
St. Petersburg, Russia
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 11:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Armata and APC gain pro-separatist St. George ribbons.

A you crazy? Or any russian man - separatist?
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ribbon_of_Saint_George

David1988
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 91 posts
Armorama: 91 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 12:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Armata and APC gain pro-separatist St. George ribbons.

A you crazy? Or any russian man - separatist?
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ribbon_of_Saint_George

I second and support Gennadiy's post. The St. George ribbon dates back to the 18th century and has been used on Victory Day in the Russian Federation for years. You can look back at the old parades on YouTube going back years and variations of these markings are present in all the ones I've watched.
JmeDubya
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 09:30 PM UTC
Gennadiy is there anything that doesn't piss you off, or that you don't know more about? The link you posted talks about the very thing I mentioned, please see the roll in the Ukrainian Crisis section...

Relax mate, I have no side in the Ukraine vs Russia proxy war, and despite your continued uninformed rants about how dumb us Americans must be you'd be surprised by what I know about both sides.

From the Russian side, I do see NATO as threateningly Russia's near-abroad when they aren't currently threatening its members, why expand it to piss off Putin? Nor would I allow my only navy base to be taken in a uprising, popular or not. (in Crimea or Syria) I also understand historically and culturally the role Ukraine has played in Russian/Soviet/Russian history, and seeing skin head jackasses marching around with swastikas in a land my nation fought to free would set me off too. (it does set me off, Obama is training these morons!)

But from the Ukrainian side I also know that no country is just going to let their idustrial region suceed from their nation. That's what our civil war was about too. And you and I both know the pro-Russian side loses any NATIONAL election in Ukraine, south eastern referendums or not. I would fight "russian vacationers" who brought their tanks to my home too, And I'll be damned if I'm paying pensions and feeding people who don't want to be part of my nation.

As for my opinion of what America is doing, I think we're throwing gas on a fire. This administration is so out of touch with the real world it is mind blowing. Whining about Russia training Seperatists while we train Nationalists is just brilliant.(sarcasm) Nothing we've been doing since the start of this conflict has been productive, period, and I would not be surprised at all to find our roles in starting the whole thing was far more then anyone will admit. I was on the side of the police when they were catching molotovs on the maiden.

Denying that the St George ribbon is as a symbol represents the pro- Russian side in the current situation is like denying the right sector, or Azov is neo-nazi, and I couldn't agree more it's been a long time Soviet/Russian histoic symbol, I didn't say it was the first time it was used. We have a similar symbol in the U.S. with the Gadsden flag. Yes it was a revolutionary symbol during our history but flying it today sends an entirely different message than "#%^@ you King George."

Please try and read posts like they aren't a personal slap at you. Anyone who reads this forum knows you're a Russian patriot, but you hardly need to explode at anyone who mentions your Rodina.

End of rant.

So Gennadiy, do you think we'll see the turret during the victory day parade? What do you think the crew of Armata will be? Just two in the hull, or will there actually be a third in the turret?

vettejack
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,277 posts
Armorama: 1,254 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 10:04 PM UTC
The secretly released, non secret messages of the secretly designed Armata has been expressively and exclusively told to me to be paraded just in time for the May Day parade in Mokba...
barra733
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 282 posts
Armorama: 255 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 02, 2015 - 01:38 PM UTC
'Official' pictures provided by Russian Defence Ministry:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32478937?SThisFB&fb_ref=Default
David1988
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 91 posts
Armorama: 91 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 02, 2015 - 01:56 PM UTC
There were high definition versions of the officially released photographs of Armata and BMP-T-15 in a post on this blog:

http://gurkhan.blogspot.ru/2015/04/high-resolution.html

My understanding was they would be taking the canvas off the turret for 9th May.