_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns: Completed Campaigns
Campaigns that are completed should be grouped here.
Hosted by Richard S.
DOG Campaign
spoons
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 527 posts
Armorama: 500 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 04:11 AM UTC
Would there be any interest with members on a build a Dog Campaign??
By this i mean the least accurate kit in your stash so all those 70'80'90s kits that have been replaced by more accurate model kits, as an example it could be Dragons old Panther F kit or italeri's Tiger 1 instead of getting rid of it on auction site(for lot less than you paid originally).Updates and corrections designed for the kit would be allowed and i think it would be nice if each member used a paint/wash technique or product they don't normally use seeing as the kits a bit of a dog anyway!
md72
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 4,950 posts
Armorama: 289 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 06:54 AM UTC
Well, the DOG intrigued me, I had to see if it some class of AFV I'd never heard of, or a judgment on old kits.

I've got plenty of the old kits, but most are airplanes...With Airfix retooling and all the new Chinese kits, this could be a rich vein. you might want to share the campaign with the other sites.
Armored76
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 1,615 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 10:47 AM UTC
I've been actually eyeing some of the old SKIF kits. Interesting subjects but a pain to build. This campaign might be a good incentive to get to those.

Count me in!
Bluestab
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,160 posts
Armorama: 1,906 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 10:59 AM UTC
I'd be interested. I'm keeping my own stash pretty much under control these days, but I have a friend with a few old relics that should qualify. He's been wanting to offload a few of them I'll see if I can work a trade or two. I'm thinking maybe an older Trumpy or Lindberg T-55 or maybe even Tamiya's T62A. I actually have an old Revell UDT Boat in the stash I might go with.
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 05:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Would there be any interest with members on a build a Dog Campaign??
By this i mean the least accurate kit in your stash so all those 70'80'90s kits that have been replaced by more accurate model kits, as an example it could be Dragons old Panther F kit or italeri's Tiger 1 instead of getting rid of it on auction site(for lot less than you paid originally).Updates and corrections designed for the kit would be allowed and i think it would be nice if each member used a paint/wash technique or product they don't normally use seeing as the kits a bit of a dog anyway!

What's the objective of the campaign -- build an old, inaccurate kit as is or build it with upgrades to make it accurate?
phantom_phanatic309
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,568 posts
Armorama: 423 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 08:20 PM UTC
Finally, a chance to build that Italeri M32 OOB!
kapoybana
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 53 posts
Armorama: 49 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 09:17 PM UTC
sounds fun I have an old Tamiya kit or two.
spoons
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 03:40 AM UTC
Well there seems an interest in this idea..
[/quote]
What's the objective of the campaign -- build an old, inaccurate kit as is or build it with upgrades to make it accurate?[/quote]
Hi Tat Baqui The idea is to get those old kits lacking in accuracy built, if you have updates for the kit that's fine as it would be a waste not to use them but its not essential to this campaign we can also open it up to our sister sites if there enough interest.
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 03:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Well there seems an interest in this idea..

What's the objective of the campaign -- build an old, inaccurate kit as is or build it with upgrades to make it accurate?[/quote]
Hi Tat Baqui The idea is to get those old kits lacking in accuracy built, if you have updates for the kit that's fine as it would be a waste not to use them but its not essential to this campaign we can also open it up to our sister sites if there enough interest. [/quote]

Thanks for the clarification Stephen. Count me in then! Cheers, Tat
joepanzer
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 803 posts
Armorama: 740 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 04:14 AM UTC
Interesting!
I have just bought a Lindbergh Line 1/40th Sd.Kfz 7. I had seen it on Amazon and thought it might have been the first military model I had ever built, when I was about 6. My original idea was to propose a campaign-"my First Kit", where members picked up their first kit or resonable facsimile and complete it. But this kit isn't exactly what I remember, but it is a POS and would DEFINITELY qualify for this campaign!!
Thirian24
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 2,493 posts
Armorama: 2,344 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 06:01 AM UTC
Count me in also, I started the old Tamiya Panther A. I'm probably 10% started. Is that ok?
spoons
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 09, 2015 - 01:06 AM UTC
Hi Everybody
Well looks like we may have 10 committed members so there's enough interest in a campaign! Now a start time, to give everyone time to get ready and finish any part-built projects already on the way i was thinking a start date of 1st Jan??
We will also need someone to design an award!
Dustin part-builds would be OK as long as the majority of the build is still to be done.
This will be my first time i hold a campaign so any suggestions or pointers are most welcome
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Monday, November 09, 2015 - 01:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I've been actually eyeing some of the old SKIF kits. Interesting subjects but a pain to build. This campaign might be a good incentive to get to those.

Count me in!

I'm pretty sure that Skif is a Ukrainian acronym for 'more easily carved from frozen dog droppings'..

I've got load of old doggies on the stash as well. Count me in.
Mike
Thirian24
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 2,493 posts
Armorama: 2,344 posts
Posted: Monday, November 09, 2015 - 02:09 AM UTC
Sounds good. I'll hold off on building it any further.

This is all that's done.

Cheers,
Dustin
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Monday, November 09, 2015 - 02:28 AM UTC
I'm sure that I have more than a few nasty old kits lurking in the back of the closet somewhere! Stuff from the styrene Jurassic, relics from the medieval age of plastic armor modeling, simply poor junk shipped here from the east-bloc companies, etc. Lots of old bow-wow kits I can choose from! I'll get into this with something...

An ugly little kit of a tiny Polish tankette, maybe, or something that appears to vaguely resemble one of those pre-WWII amphibious tanks the Sovs did...

This could be.... fun ! At least one of these old doggies may actually get built and even painted!

Add me into a list for players in this game for 2016.

Bob

tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 09, 2015 - 04:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Everybody
Well looks like we may have 10 committed members so there's enough interest in a campaign! Now a start time, to give everyone time to get ready and finish any part-built projects already on the way i was thinking a start date of 1st Jan??
Dustin part-builds would be OK as long as the majority of the build is still to be done.
This will be my first time i hold a campaign so any suggestions or pointers are most welcome

Am ok with 1 Jan start. How long will this go for?
spoons
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 09, 2015 - 04:52 AM UTC
Hi Tat Forgot that bit hows 12 months sound this should give members time to join halfway through and still complete.
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 09, 2015 - 06:25 AM UTC
Sounds good Stephen. I think all would agree to that! Cheers, Tat
Darkonar
Visit this Community
Region de Coguimbo, Chile
KitMaker: 60 posts
Armorama: 49 posts
Posted: Monday, November 09, 2015 - 07:09 AM UTC
I think I have a Heller AMX 13 105 from 1975 somewhere.
ComradeMP
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 472 posts
Armorama: 453 posts
Posted: Monday, November 09, 2015 - 07:40 AM UTC
Sounds like fun. I've got a few skif and old tamiya kits on hand. Good opportunity to build that MTLB/Strela-10.
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, November 20, 2015 - 04:23 AM UTC
Hello, is this pushing through?
Lakota
Visit this Community
New Mexico, United States
KitMaker: 1,202 posts
Armorama: 635 posts
Posted: Friday, November 20, 2015 - 06:38 AM UTC
Howdy Y'all
Does any old kit qualify, say 25+ years old? Or does it truly need to be a "DOG"? I'm thinking about the old 1/72 Hasegawa armor and 1/48 Bandai armor kits. Both are pretty old but I remember enjoying the build and they didn't look bad at all once they were finished. Just a thought...
Take care,
Don "Lakota"
ironelf
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 235 posts
Armorama: 174 posts
Posted: Friday, November 20, 2015 - 09:30 AM UTC
At the rate I build my kits start out cutting edge and wind up obsolete by the time I finish them I have a pound's worth of dogs in my stash so I'm in.
BMCTomcat
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 73 posts
Armorama: 56 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 05:33 AM UTC
I'm in , with Tamiya Hanomag ...
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,386 posts
Armorama: 4,727 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 06:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hi Everybody

Am ok with 1 Jan start. How long will this go for?

But I don't have this one on "Waiting Approval" status, nobody sent the submission request
(button on the Campaigns Tab ... )

_GOTOTOP