Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Unfinished Business 2016
Thirian24
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 2,493 posts
Armorama: 2,344 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 03:26 AM UTC
If you're talking about the very back of the road wheels, I don't pay much attention to that because its underneath the vehicle and will never be seen.

If you're talking the fronts of the wheels, that are behind that others, they don't get completely painted. But you can not tell unless you just go in there and move the model around to look to see if they've been painted.
TheDiggs
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 338 posts
Armorama: 75 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 12:18 PM UTC
Joining up with this little guy, A cardassian galor in 1/2500.

35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
KitMaker: 3,212 posts
Armorama: 2,807 posts
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2016 - 10:32 PM UTC
Oh good, some sci-fi, a genre sadly under represented here. Welcome to the campaign
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2016 - 10:35 PM UTC
Lovely job Dustin. So what's No 3 going to be?
LikesTanks
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 242 posts
Armorama: 234 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 03:48 AM UTC
I am determined this year not to be scrambling to finish off just 1 shelf-sitter on 31.12, so here's the entry

Dragon's Sd.Kfz.250/8 and 250/9.
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
Posted: Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 04:55 AM UTC
7 months, should be fine 😀
Thirian24
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 2,493 posts
Armorama: 2,344 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 04:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Lovely job Dustin. So what's No 3 going to be?

Thank you!

No. 3? I guess I'm lost here lol.
Robbd01
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 791 posts
Armorama: 344 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 04:46 AM UTC
A little update for this campaign. I was spending some time working on my Hanger Queen 6 campaign projects and thought this one needed an update. Halfway through the year (no pressure) and wanted to post some progress. My almost 10 year old T-34 build is slowly moving along. I have been linking the tracks together a little at a time. I picked up some AM wheels since from almost all the stuff I have seen on this particular mod of the T-34 that the first and last wheels were the rubber rimmed wheels. While I was at it I broke out the pencil(s) and rubbed the all steel wheel's rims to get that metal on metal look.

Cheers

35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 07:27 PM UTC
10 year old? About time you finished alright!
casualmodeler
Visit this Community
Hame, Finland
KitMaker: 702 posts
Armorama: 665 posts
Posted: Friday, June 17, 2016 - 01:50 AM UTC
Hi all fellow campaigners. Although I wasn't far away from finishline with my project, it took this long to make it ready. Luckily I'm on vacation right now, so I got the extra time from work and familylife to finish this. I have plans to build some halftrack to tow this but we will see....

I won't promise other kit into this campaign but you never know. Otherwise I'll start to wait UB2017.
Petro
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 984 posts
Armorama: 846 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 09:01 PM UTC
I guess i should do an update. maybe some photos later. Haven"t done any building in 30 days. but i do look at the kit almost every day.
casualmodeler
Visit this Community
Hame, Finland
Posted: Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 10:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi all fellow campaigners. Although I wasn't far away from finishline with my project, it took this long to make it ready. Luckily I'm on vacation right now, so I got the extra time from work and familylife to finish this. I have plans to build some halftrack to tow this but we will see....

I won't promise other kit into this campaign but you never know. Otherwise I'll start to wait UB2017.

Pic added into campaign gallery.
Martinvidas
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 322 posts
Armorama: 300 posts
Posted: Friday, July 01, 2016 - 07:25 PM UTC
My entry here is a 1/72 Dragon Hammer with a TOW. I started the build maybe 2 years ago. This the today status of the model:

Robbd01
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
Posted: Friday, July 01, 2016 - 09:19 PM UTC
Mid-year update. Going slow for this campaign. This year I seem to be focusing on the 'Hanger Queen Campaign' since I failed to get anything done in time with last year's campaign. Spending time with this veteran of the 'shelf of procrastination'. Working on assembling the tracks one link at a time. The carpet monster has been behaving itself, a few lost pins but no track links - so far. My AM cable came in to replace the rigid plastic tow cables. I also ordered some AM boogie wheels to replace the first and last bogie. I see a lot of references with those bogies having a rubber rim. Last but not least to keep me motivated I spontaneously ordered a Ushanka direct from Russia (did not find a made in China label so hoping it is original). I look odd wearing that outside when it is 115F down here in the desert southwest.

Cheers

tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 02, 2016 - 08:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice one Kimmo. What shade of yellow did you use? Cheers, Tat
TheDiggs
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 338 posts
Armorama: 75 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 02, 2016 - 05:19 PM UTC
Touched up the top of the main hull and bridge and painted the bottom of both. I have had to get three coats of bright yellow on the nacelles for it to show up enough, but I think it will work now.

Now on to the decals, they will practically cover the entire ship so I will have to see if they will work on the paint colors that I have chosen or if I will have to go on without them. They look like they have clear spots in them so the painted surface should show through in some spots. We will see...
165thspc
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 9,465 posts
Armorama: 8,695 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 02, 2016 - 09:48 PM UTC
Some meager progress on my CCKW Locomotive conversion these days.
The local stone cutter donated some old damaged gate posts he had in his boneyard for ballast weight. The center hopper will eventually be filled with gravel and scrap metal.

Sorry, No further progress on the big 8x8 MAZ Pusher Tractor.
Martinvidas
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 322 posts
Armorama: 300 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 02, 2016 - 10:33 PM UTC
A color update:

spongya
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 2,365 posts
Armorama: 1,709 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 03:03 AM UTC
My entry: Tamiya's sd.kfz 250 Neu with Royal models sets.

Original state (since 2007 I think)

Some work has been started

Hudson29
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,156 posts
Armorama: 1,024 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 01:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Last but not least to keep me motivated I spontaneously ordered a Ushanka direct from Russia (did not find a made in China label so hoping it is original). I look odd wearing that outside when it is 115F down here in the desert southwest.

Cheers

You gave me a chuckle with that one! It looks like your T-34 even has a winter scheme on it – hoping for cooler weather I guess . . .

My own long stalled North Korean T-34/85 project is finally back on a front burner. The pic below shows the project as it was when it was dug out Sunday night. Since then the mine damage to the road wheel has been repaired and some additional detail painting & dry brushing has been done. Next it will be time to try fitting the somewhat fragile Model Kasten tracks.

Hudson29
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, July 15, 2016 - 12:05 AM UTC
This North Korean T-34/85 project hit another snag last night. I went to fit the ModelKasten tracks built two years ago and repaired in many places with metal wire a few months ago. Even with the most gentle handling the tracks started to come apart including some of my recent wire repairs.

After fuming a bit, I thought about more extensive repairs and decided to cut my losses. These plastic tracks will never make a sturdy enough assembly to survive my fat fingers & thumbs struggling to finish this tank.

I ordered a set of Fruils and will use the ModelKastens as cargo in a future Soviet truck build.

So – another delay on this already long delayed project!
Robbd01
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
Posted: Friday, July 15, 2016 - 03:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

This North Korean T-34/85 project hit another snag last night. I went to fit the ModelKasten tracks built two years ago and repaired in many places with metal wire a few months ago. Even with the most gentle handling the tracks started to come apart including some of my recent wire repairs.

After fuming a bit, I thought about more extensive repairs and decided to cut my losses. These plastic tracks will never make a sturdy enough assembly to survive my fat fingers & thumbs struggling to finish this tank.

I ordered a set of Fruils and will use the ModelKastens as cargo in a future Soviet truck build.

So – another delay on this already long delayed project!

I feel your pain. Years ago when I started my T-34 the kit's vinyl tracks must of shrunk and shriveled up they were unusable. I spent some time searching for replacements but there was not much out there back then. Later I did find some Maquette separate track links (plastic) which would of been fine but much work if you wanted to remove the ejector pin marks on each track link which I was happy to just leave them. However a few years ago I found a company called MasterClub that had a set of metal track links and you can get them already drilled for the pins or not, with a price difference of course. I chose the drilled ones. At the time I bought them, the Fruils were much more expensive. So that is where I am at, enjoying my little ole T-34 one link (and two tiny resin pins) at a time.

Cheers

Hudson29
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, July 15, 2016 - 04:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

a few years ago I found a company called MasterClub that had a set of metal track links and you can get them already drilled for the pins or not, with a price difference of course. I chose the drilled ones. At the time I bought them, the Fruils were much more expensive. So that is where I am at, enjoying my little ole T-34 one link (and two tiny resin pins) at a time.

Cheers

How are your MasterClub tracks working out? Just yesterday I ordered a set for a Hobby Boss T-50 I'm hot to build. I know and love the Fruils which have proven very sturdy even when I have dropped them on the floor. I'm a little concerned about the resin pins. That seems too close to the ModelKasten plastic pins . . .
Robbd01
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
Posted: Friday, July 15, 2016 - 07:39 PM UTC

Quoted Text

How are your MasterClub tracks working out? Just yesterday I ordered a set for a Hobby Boss T-50 I'm hot to build. I know and love the Fruils which have proven very sturdy even when I have dropped them on the floor. I'm a little concerned about the resin pins. That seems too close to the ModelKasten plastic pins . . .

This is my first set of non-plastic AM tracks so I don't have any experience with them. I can say so far I have not had any links break off. I have not dropped them on the floor (yet) but they have been bounced around in the box. I guess you could replace the resin pins with wire since the holes go all the way through the link(s).

Cheers

casualmodeler
Visit this Community
Hame, Finland
Posted: Friday, July 15, 2016 - 09:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Nice one Kimmo. What shade of yellow did you use? Cheers, Tat

Hi Tat. It's my old faithful Humbrol 63.