Campaigns: Completed Campaigns
Campaigns that are completed should be grouped here.
Hosted by Richard S.
Tank Hunters Campaign
Chaman911
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 319 posts
Armorama: 308 posts
Posted: Friday, September 02, 2016 - 08:24 PM UTC
Hi everyone. I'm in with the Tamiya Jagdpanther late. I have the Tamiya Panther G PE grill set that I will be using and may pick up an AM barrel to save some time. Besides that the build will be OOB. I'm busy with the Fighting Frogs campaign at the moment but will get started here as soon as I finish. Thank you for starting what is going to be a great campaign! A lot of really great kits being built already. I can't wait to see progress pics!
Starting pic:
TheDiggs
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 338 posts
Armorama: 75 posts
Posted: Friday, September 02, 2016 - 09:30 PM UTC
Can someone post a link to the gallery for me? I could not find it
HK_AFV
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 454 posts
Armorama: 431 posts
Posted: Friday, September 02, 2016 - 09:31 PM UTC
It is at top banner of this page. The second button from the right side. See it there?

In case you cannot find it

http://photos.kitmaker.net/

Paul
GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 4,648 posts
Armorama: 2,248 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 02:56 AM UTC
Kevin,
Yes, the picture works! Thank you! Great box art.

Bryan,
Thank you for entering your Jagdpanther. I think that it and the Su-85 have the cleanest lines of all of the non-turreted tank hunters.

Gaz
Chaman911
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 319 posts
Armorama: 308 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 06:54 AM UTC
No prob Gary. Thanks for the campaign.
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,386 posts
Armorama: 4,727 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 09:52 PM UTC
Here's the KitMaker Campaign Gallery for your finished model photos :

HERE !!
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,275 posts
Armorama: 2,233 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 10:59 PM UTC
Progress Update:
Ok, so I started slapping my kit together. I will be priming with a very thin enamel white.

Pringles are very good modeling snack food..yummy

I really enjoy this AFV Club Nashorn, so much more relaxing then the Dragon kits I've done. So much detail to the interior with this kit...I like it. No real problems.

I will be working on this kit plus the AFV Club 251 D , Dragon Tiger I & a Dragon 251 D this weekend.

The kit comes with a metal barrel which is nice.
There will be alot of putty work around the barrel components.

GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 11:09 PM UTC
Bryan,
It's my pleasure!

David,
Of all the kits that might need a metal barrel, I reckon the Nashorn needs it most.

John,
Thanks for setting up the gallery!

Gaz
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 04:29 AM UTC

My entry...Industria Mechanika's 1/35 "Pawn Brigade." I'm building all three figures. The kneeling figure carries an Anti-Armor missile launcher.
GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 11:05 AM UTC
Peter,
Thank you for your entry!

Everyone, the front page has been edited. Also the link to our gallery has been added to that first post.

Happy creating!

Gaz
ComradeMP
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 472 posts
Armorama: 453 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 07:38 PM UTC
Looking in the stash I found that I have few tank destroyers, but I did find this guy....

Hobby Boss PTL02

A modern wheeled tank destroyer, also had the Trumpeter Type 89 120mm tank destroyer in mind but chose this one.
ClaytonFromEllijay
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 1,273 posts
Armorama: 1,138 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 07:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Peter,
Thank you for your entry!

Everyone, the front page has been edited. Also the link to our gallery has been added to that first post.

Happy creating!

Gaz

Gary, you can put me down for the Tamiya M-10 Wolverine!
zontar
Visit this Community
Hawaii, United States
KitMaker: 1,646 posts
Armorama: 1,557 posts
Posted: Monday, September 05, 2016 - 10:12 AM UTC
Gaz: Thanks for the encouragement.

I was able to get some building in over the past few days. The kit comes with several extra sprues, mostly with various weaponry,

but the instructions are silent on how any of this might go together.

My first thought was to use some of these pieces to "back date" the model to an earlier version, without the giant resin nose piece.

However, the design seemed not too intelligent as the smoke dischargers would hit the commander in the back of the head, and the periscopes are blocked by the roll cage, not to mention the hatch didn't seem like it could open.

So, I decided to stay with the heavy nose piece.

And here is the start for the cannons, with the shields in place.

Not fully decided on the finish yet, but I am intrigued by this camo scheme with the triangles. Seems like it might be a winter urban scheme.

Happy Modeling,
-Zon
GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Monday, September 05, 2016 - 11:21 AM UTC
HI Everyone,
The front page has been updated.

ComradeMP,
Thanks for your entry. I'm glad to see the PLA represented.

Clayton,
I put you down for it, but we still nee a pre-build picture. Nothing much, just a box-shot with some complete sprues laying around. Remember, visual media is all we've got here.

Zon,
I much prefer the heavier front piece. It looks a lot meaner. Definitely an interesting concept. I like the the camo. Bet it would look good on anything.

Best Wishes,

Gaz

zontar
Visit this Community
Hawaii, United States
KitMaker: 1,646 posts
Armorama: 1,557 posts
Posted: Monday, September 05, 2016 - 12:13 PM UTC
Gaz,
I agree the heavier front piece does look more mean. Very glad I'm sticking with that version. Would also be interesting to scale that camo up to a Jagdtiger or King Tiger. Could see that in my future...

-zon
c4willy
Visit this Community
Christchurch, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,673 posts
Armorama: 120 posts
Posted: Monday, September 05, 2016 - 12:51 PM UTC
Hey Gaz forgot about this one just signed on. Kinda spoiled for choice in both aircraft and armor just not sure which way to jump as of yet. I have a couple of Sturmoviks as well as he Ju88-P 75mm tank buster, Jagdpanzer IV's, Hetzers, Nashorn/Hornisse, I even have a Sturer Emil 128mm tank destroyer sitting in the Stash. Kinda leaning towards something winged as they aren't well represented so far.
GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Monday, September 05, 2016 - 01:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey Gaz forgot about this one just signed on. Kinda spoiled for choice in both aircraft and armor just not sure which way to jump as of yet. I have a couple of Sturmoviks as well as he Ju88-P 75mm tank buster, Jagdpanzer IV's, Hetzers, Nashorn/Hornisse, I even have a Sturer Emil 128mm tank destroyer sitting in the Stash. Kinda leaning towards something winged as they aren't well represented so far.

Chris,
You have some great options there. All of them need to find their way on to my bench in the future. I'll be keen to see what you decide!

Gaz
Removed by original poster on 09/06/16 - 09:10:45 (GMT).
c4willy
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, September 05, 2016 - 02:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

All of them need to find their way on to my bench in the future

Sure thing Gaz pick one and I'll send it your way.
c4willy
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, September 05, 2016 - 02:29 PM UTC
Uhmmmmm hey Gaz what about tank busting choppers? I've got a 1/48 scale Mil Mi 24 Hind and a 1/32 scale AH-64 Apache!
supaderpa
Visit this Community
Malaysia
KitMaker: 157 posts
Armorama: 140 posts
Posted: Monday, September 05, 2016 - 03:43 PM UTC
Got quite a bit done over the weekend. This isn't a very complicated kit, rather bare actually. I decided to spruce things up with a bit of my own add-ons. After all, this is a fantasy panzer so the skies the limit to your insani....err I mean creativity.

Started by scratchbuilding some mufflers for the exhaust like the ones on the Panther. Made it with strips of soda can and held together with super glue and putty.

The end result turned out quite well against my expectations. Encased the thing in more putty to finalize the form then after dry, slather on Mr. Surfacer to create texture.

Now we come to the mini turret. Didn't quite like the one in the kit so I decided to convert it into a revolving observation cupola with built in IR vision devices and a better defined mg34 from my spares. Also added the aerial/cleaning rod storage cylinder.

A few tools and stuff shuffled about. I'm not too pleased with the kit supplied periscopes and I'll probably replace them with more scratchbuilt items.

That's all for now. I'm figuring out how to go about with side skirts - Hetzer style, Stug style or Panther style?

GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 09:52 AM UTC
Chris,
Tank busting Helo's would be very welcome to the campaign. I put some photographs of some in the thread a few days (maybe weeks) back. My friend, that is a very kind and generous offer. Since I have none of them, anything you wanted to part with would be gratefully received.

Bryan,
I really like those modifications you made. The IR scopes bring a touch of modernization, and the other add-ons add texture to a pretty simple exterior shape.

Re: Schurzen: I'm not really sure which I'd choose. Panther-sleek, maybe. With big roadwheels, it wouldn't need to reach as low as say the PzIV schurzen do.

Best Wishes,

Gaz

Bluestab
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,160 posts
Armorama: 1,906 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 10:26 AM UTC
Bryan, nice start and I see we're thinking along similar lines.
I'm using the kit's exhaust but hope to dress it up a bit. I was thinking about cutting down the front and rear fenders. Seeing them mounted I probably won't. I'm doing IR equipment as well. I plan on using skirts based on the Hetzer's
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 11:53 AM UTC
Nice progress on your E25s Alex and Bryan. Indeed one can be creative with these paper panzers. A shameless plug: what I did for my E25 exhaust (ala T34):

Also gives me reason to do another E25, but following the instructions next time round.

Cheers,

Tat
GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 11:59 AM UTC
Tat,
Elegant solution!

Gaz