Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Desperate Times at LeGleize.
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2017 - 04:21 AM UTC
Did lot of painting on the tanker NCO today.

Still have to put mud and dirt on him but the basic painting is done.
J
ahandykindaguy
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,295 posts
Armorama: 1,191 posts
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2017 - 05:43 AM UTC
Jerry, this is yet again an absolutely fantastic figure!

Well done. Is the armband a decal, or did you paint it? It's very hard to tell from the angles, but I think you painted it. It looks very good!

justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2017 - 07:10 AM UTC
Hi Jerry, I’m guessing Hornet Head? Is the blemish on his nose a part of the sculpt or a dust fleck? Either way, you should leave it there — adds character to this guy. And did you paint his right eyebrow (raised) intentionally? Again … it works very effectively. And I did notice that upward-curled shoulder board ... nice!

Cheers🍺
—mike
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2017 - 07:10 AM UTC
Thanks for looking Dave ! Yes,that was painted on. I haven't had much luck with armband decals so far.
J
Stickframe
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,661 posts
Armorama: 1,202 posts
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2017 - 07:28 AM UTC
Hi Jerry - excellent work as always. You've really got the tonal variations on face colors under control - including blending of colors - wow!! I haven't posted in a while - more than a bit burned out on the current project, but, like you're doing here, I'm working on another sub-project too!! I was craving some painfully tedious and frustrating PE work...I've found it!...?..!

Take care bubba - oh, and keep up the great work!

Nick
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2017 - 07:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Jerry, I’m guessing Hornet Head? Is the blemish on his nose a part of the sculpt or a dust fleck? Either way, you should leave it there — adds character to this guy. And did you paint his right eyebrow (raised) intentionally? Again … it works very effectively. And I did notice that upward-curled shoulder board ... nice!

Cheers🍺
—mike

Your eyes are way better than mine Mike ! I can't even see that wart ! I may or may not have painted the eyebrows like that,I can't remember !
Thanks for the kind words though,
J
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2017 - 07:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Jerry - excellent work as always. You've really got the tonal variations on face colors under control - including blending of colors - wow!! I haven't posted in a while - more than a bit burned out on the current project, but, like you're doing here, I'm working on another sub-project too!! I was craving some painfully tedious and frustrating PE work...I've found it!...?..!

Take care bubba - oh, and keep up the great work!

Nick

Thanks buddy,nice to see you back. I was wondering. Yes,a sense of completion is great once in a while,isn't it ? I don't think that doing a PE heavy project would calm me down though! LoL.
Can't wait to see what you're cooking up,
J
ahandykindaguy
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2017 - 09:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Cheers🍺
—mike

Your eyes are way better than mine Mike ! I can't even see that wart ! I may or may not have painted the eyebrows like that,I can't remember !
Thanks for the kind words though,
J

J. Always take the credit. Even if it's unplanned, the pimple is a wonderful singular effect that adds to the complexity of your work!

Dave.

JGphins
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 249 posts
Armorama: 249 posts
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2017 - 01:37 PM UTC
Hi Jerry, that's awesome painting on that tiny figure my friend. Wondering if you wouldn't mind painting the 36 plus that I have on my to do list? LOL! Great job! Maybe by the time I complete my 30 something figure I can make them half as good as yours. Amazing! Thanks for sharing & keep up the great work.

JGphins
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2017 - 08:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Jerry, that's awesome painting on that tiny figure my friend. Wondering if you wouldn't mind painting the 36 plus that I have on my to do list? LOL! Great job! Maybe by the time I complete my 30 something figure I can make them half as good as yours. Amazing! Thanks for sharing & keep up the great work.

JGphins

And to think this project is actually a break from my larger dio with 50 figs completed already ! The good thing is,I may actually get kind of good at figure painting if I keep all of this practice going.
I don't envy you getting ready to paint modern cammo uniforms though. The only thing harder than WSS cammo.
J
strongarden
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 730 posts
Armorama: 624 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2017 - 11:04 PM UTC
Jerry wow
Finally stumbled back over here and you've got another stunner up and rolling!
Simply put, my comments can only echo what these fine gents -Tim Mike Tom Joaquin Pascal Dave and Karl Conor- have already stated.

Naturally will be following this one Jer, yet again! woo-hoo

Cheers
Dave
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2017 - 11:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Jerry wow
Finally stumbled back over here and you've got another stunner up and rolling!
Simply put, my comments can only echo what these fine gents -Tim Mike Tom Joaquin Pascal Dave and Karl Conor- have already stated.

Naturally will be following this one Jer, yet again! woo-hoo

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Dave for the much needed words of encouragement ! I will do my best to kep you interested here.
J
strongarden
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 730 posts
Armorama: 624 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2017 - 11:33 PM UTC
Hey Jer no worries, I just haven't been able to visit as much as I would like. Your work here is not just interesting, but inspiring to us all.

Sincerely
Dave
Sean50
Visit this Community
Manche, France
KitMaker: 340 posts
Armorama: 328 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 12:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

What Dave said.

Excellent, as ever.

Sean
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 03:42 AM UTC
Well Dave and Sean,
Thanks for the kudos my friends ! This puts me in a good mood getting ready for the "game of games" tonight ! May the best team win and I hope everybody behaves themselves during the halftime show.
J
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 05:15 AM UTC
How is this for a winter hedge ? Bear in mind the grass will be tinted and filled in at the front.

pgb3476
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 977 posts
Armorama: 976 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 05:27 AM UTC
Looks great and I'm sure when you blend the two materials together it will even look better. What are the bigger items/bushes?
ahandykindaguy
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 07:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

How is this for a winter hedge ? Bear in mind the grass will be tinted and filled in at the front.

Don't hurt yourself working on this Jerry, it looks like it would be very painful. It looks awesome, btw. I wouldn't expect anything less, coming from you..

Dioramartin
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,476 posts
Armorama: 1,463 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 07:46 AM UTC
Nice hedge Jerry,

like Greg I'd like to know its origin, could use some of that myself! btw suggest the NCO's MP needs a strap?

Rock on,

Tim
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 07:27 PM UTC
Greg,Dave and Tim,
Thanks all,for the nice words of encouragement ! I usually do put a sling on the weapons but I have seen plenty of pics showing the armor guys not having a sling because these MPs were mounted on the interior walls of the tanks or APCs. I knew I was taking a risk because not many know this tidbit.
The hedges were made with natural roots for the bottom part. This were chosen for size and shape and then placed in drilled out holes in the groundwork. The upper thinner parts are made from seafoam. Both excellent products bought from an awesome vendor that haunts this website! Better known as the "Scenic Factory".
J
ReconTL3-1
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 726 posts
Armorama: 687 posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2017 - 03:45 AM UTC
Damn. How did I almost miss this one, Jerry?

This is going to be a nice vignette/diorama. I am sure you can really use the break from your larger project and this looks like it is working. I like the concept and I especially like the way you posed the guys recovering the canister. They really look like they are trying to carry away something that is heavy. The NCO looks good, too. As a tanker for a short period of my career, I can attest to slings on weapons in the tank is a bad idea...can get caught on too much stuff and hinder you from getting out if you need to.

Great work.
Cheers,
James
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2017 - 07:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Damn. How did I almost miss this one, Jerry?

This is going to be a nice vignette/diorama. I am sure you can really use the break from your larger project and this looks like it is working. I like the concept and I especially like the way you posed the guys recovering the canister. They really look like they are trying to carry away something that is heavy. The NCO looks good, too. As a tanker for a short period of my career, I can attest to slings on weapons in the tank is a bad idea...can get caught on too much stuff and hinder you from getting out if you need to.

Great work.
Cheers,
James

Thanks brutha ! You caught up just in time because this bad boy got completed tonight !
J
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2017 - 07:46 AM UTC
OK sports fans.here we go.

And there we have it. A nice diversion from the big show for me. The canister was a good little challenge to scratch for me and I found some good drawings and color pics to help out finally. Be happy to answer any queries of course.
J
panzerconor
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,271 posts
Armorama: 1,253 posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2017 - 09:19 AM UTC
Yes!! Nailed it! This came out even better than I thought it would. The groundwork and figures blend very well. What did you use for grass? The impact and drag marks are a great adddition. A sensible on too. And of course the parachute.

Great work and way to keep busy dude!

Conor
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2017 - 10:45 AM UTC
Truly an original and brilliantly executed piece! I can't seem to take my eye off the impact and drag marks!🍺🍺🍺

Q: Is that "KRAFTSTOFF" (fuel) scribbled on the canister? My eyesight along with my tongue is getting twisted.

Cheers!🍺
—mike