Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Desperate Times at LeGleize.
ColinEdm
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,355 posts
Armorama: 1,229 posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2017 - 11:03 AM UTC
Beautiful work as always Jerry!
Sean50
Visit this Community
Manche, France
KitMaker: 340 posts
Armorama: 328 posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2017 - 03:13 PM UTC
Hello Jerry

Once again you've managed to capture a moment in miniature...
It's really good.
Well thought out and well executed.

Brilliant stuff

Cheers

Sean
cheyenne
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,185 posts
Armorama: 1,813 posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2017 - 04:16 PM UTC
Nice Jerry , very cool build !!!
Well thought out scene .
BUTA46
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
KitMaker: 117 posts
Armorama: 113 posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2017 - 04:30 PM UTC
Your little diddy is indeed inspiring. You capture the mood exquisitely with your ever improving facial tonage and your plastic bending has again imparted the physicality of the situation. "Finest kind" in the words of the literary Hawkeyes Pierce
maartenboersma
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 764 posts
Armorama: 742 posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2017 - 05:51 PM UTC
Action packed as always i can almost hear the thirty-aught-six's buzzing past them .....excellent !!
Dioramartin
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,476 posts
Armorama: 1,463 posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2017 - 06:48 PM UTC
Bravo Jerry a real beauty – the way the drag marks emphasise the weight along with the inclination of the draggers, speed, urgency, & I love the wiggle in the carried rifle strap. And btw, perfect photos.

Cheers, Tim
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2017 - 09:42 PM UTC
Jerry, I got my answer regarding the canister scribblings from your opening historical notes. I always like those inclusions and your vignette ties in perfectly with the story. Once again ... brilliant!🍺

—mike
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2017 - 09:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Yes!! Nailed it! This came out even better than I thought it would. The groundwork and figures blend very well. What did you use for grass? The impact and drag marks are a great adddition. A sensible on too. And of course the parachute.

Great work and way to keep busy dude!

Conor

Thanks ol buddy. I used the light green packet from Woodland scenics but cut the strands into short pieces and scrubbed them into white glue on the base. Added tones with a brush. Slow work but low tech,just like I like it.
J
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2017 - 09:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Truly an original and brilliantly executed piece! I can't seem to take my eye off the impact and drag marks!🍺🍺🍺

Q: Is that "KRAFTSTOFF" (fuel) scribbled on the canister? My eyesight along with my tongue is getting twisted.

Cheers!🍺
—mike

Thanks Mikey!
Yes,that is kraftstoff. I saw an original canister in color that had a crudely painted label on it in red.
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2017 - 09:58 PM UTC
Clin,Sean and Cheyenne!
Thanks so much guys for taking time on the weekend to type some nice words,
J
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2017 - 09:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Your little diddy is indeed inspiring. You capture the mood exquisitely with your ever improving facial tonage and your plastic bending has again imparted the physicality of the situation. "Finest kind" in the words of the literary Hawkeyes Pierce

Thanks as always Phil. You get high marks for the originality of your congratulatory prose.
J
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2017 - 10:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Action packed as always i can almost hear the thirty-aught-six's buzzing past them .....excellent !!

Maarten,
Thanks man. I was actually trying ways of showing tracers whizing by but didn't solve that one.
J
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2017 - 10:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Bravo Jerry a real beauty – the way the drag marks emphasise the weight along with the inclination of the draggers, speed, urgency, & I love the wiggle in the carried rifle strap. And btw, perfect photos.

Cheers, Tim

Thanks so much Tim,for the very generous words. I always appreciate it.
J
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2017 - 10:03 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Jerry, I got my answer regarding the canister scribblings from your opening historical notes. I always like those inclusions and your vignette ties in perfectly with the story. Once again ... brilliant!🍺

—mike

Thanks again buddy!
J
ahandykindaguy
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,295 posts
Armorama: 1,191 posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2017 - 11:22 PM UTC
Another masterpiece from the master of pieces! Well done sir Jerry! Well done!

jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 12:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Another masterpiece from the master of pieces! Well done sir Jerry! Well done!

Thank you my fellow traveler.
J
BUTA46
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 12:06 AM UTC

Thanks as always Phil. You get high marks for the originality of your congratulatory prose.
J[/quote]

"WOW" just doesn't say enough...
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 12:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

J

"WOW" just doesn't say enough...[/quote]

I very much appreciate the effort that you put into your comments buddy. I have been discouraged in the past after writing a lot of fairly long responses online to other folks projects and get a one word answer in return. I won't give up but it does get discouraging after a bit. I am wondering right now where my old friend Karl from Ireland is. He never failed to pick out that tiny little thing I labored over and never thought anyone would notice except me. It is the same feeling I used to get as a musician when you would get great applause but the more special applause would be from the "knowing " members of the audience during a part that was very difficult to play. Something only other music heads would know about.
So...thanks for the very kind words buddy,it means a lot to me.
J
BUTA46
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 04:44 PM UTC
Yep.
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 06:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Yep.

Hahahaha,I don't know wether to laugh or cry !

Reading my last post though,I must apologize if I gave th impression that I don't appreciate the comments here because I really do appreciate all of them,just to be very clear.
J
ahandykindaguy
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,295 posts
Armorama: 1,191 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 08:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Yep.

Reading my last post though,I must apologize if I gave th impression that I don't appreciate the comments here because I really do appreciate all of them,just to be very clear.
J

Jerry, dear Jerry. You are a true gentleman in every sense of the word. You never seem to loose grasp of the pulse of the masses when you post your builds. You put as much thought in your backstory and pre-build setup, as you do in the intricate precision of your sculpting and painting. You evoke all the emotion and excitement of the moment you capture in time and space. Your eagerness to attempt these things is a quality many of us enviously covet. You venture into the realm of accuracy that few of us feel comfortable stepping close to, much less accomplish at the frequency or scale that you do. Your work, as has been described by myself and others on numerous occasions, is and has been, top notch, in a class with the masters of our art form. Well done, good and faithful servant!

How's that for praiseful prose...

callmehobbes
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 751 posts
Armorama: 740 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 10:03 PM UTC
Your painting of the camo is particularly well done. The tanker is my favourite. One day I'll finally finish something and get the pics posted up here. You're giving me modellers guilt Jerry.
callmehobbes
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 751 posts
Armorama: 740 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 10:18 PM UTC
Just to check -the figures that are dragging the cannister - are they ICM? They look like the Tristar wounded figure set.
HansBouwmeester
Visit this Community
Namibia
KitMaker: 346 posts
Armorama: 343 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 10:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

How is this for a winter hedge ? Bear in mind the grass will be tinted and filled in at the front.

Great work as ever. What did you use to make the hedge?
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 12:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Yep.

J

Jerry, dear Jerry. You are a true gentleman in every sense of the word. You never seem to loose grasp of the pulse of the masses when you post your builds. You put as much thought in your backstory and pre-build setup, as you do in the intricate precision of your sculpting and painting. You evoke all the emotion and excitement of the moment you capture in time and space. Your eagerness to attempt these things is a quality many of us enviously covet. You venture into the realm of accuracy that few of us feel comfortable stepping close to, much less accomplish at the frequency or scale that you do. Your work, as has been described by myself and others on numerous occasions, is and has been, top notch, in a class with the masters of our art form. Well done, good and faithful servant!

How's that for praiseful prose...

Hahahahaha that is actually extremely good prose as a matter of fact brother.
My desk is kind of melting from the heat off of my face right now though. The last sentence is what I yearn to hear one day. But not from you,sorry to say,
Thanks for humoring me bubba,
J