_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Red Cross campaign?
Stormbringer
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
Armorama: 1,116 posts
Posted: Monday, October 18, 2004 - 03:57 PM UTC
Hi Guys
Just thought I'd put out some feelers about above campaign to see who would be interested?Anything to do with ambulances,hospitals, casevac etc.Possible start date mid 05.
Pete
TsunamiBomb
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,447 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, October 18, 2004 - 04:07 PM UTC
Well, maybe like medics helping wounded soldiers, ambulances on the field. Since we are talking about ambulances, if a plane were to accidently strafe an ambulance on a road surrounded by regular army cars would it be against the gineava convention? if so would the pilot be court marshalled? He would get caught from the gun camaras if you wondering. The gunsight camaras took pictures of every 1 of 3 shots fired. If you were to shoot down a plane and the plane going down wasnt shown on the camara, it wouldnt be a confirmed kill.
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Monday, October 18, 2004 - 05:50 PM UTC
Pete as I told you privately I am all for a campaign of this type but not until about mid next year.

The name I had in mind was blood and guts.
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Monday, October 18, 2004 - 06:10 PM UTC
very nice Campaing idea and i will be glad to be a part of it but i agree to Cliff on the date..mid 2005 would be good
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,595 posts
Armorama: 1,209 posts
Posted: Monday, October 18, 2004 - 10:24 PM UTC
I'll join in on this one should be good for everyone, hospital ships, armoured medical wagons 432/IDF stuff/dragon/MB models Pz1 ambulances/ Academy's hummer ambulance&helo's tamiya's/Revell's rover
italeri's dodge......the list is endless
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 - 12:42 AM UTC
Mid 05 sounds like a good time to me also.
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Armorama: 2,956 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 - 06:54 AM UTC
sounds good!!
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 2,606 posts
Armorama: 1,721 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 - 07:08 AM UTC
Count me in!!!
Ciao
mondo
Visit this Community
Mindanao, Philippines
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
Armorama: 465 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 - 07:31 AM UTC
Count me in. I'd like to use those red cross decals I have lying around.
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
KitMaker: 1,796 posts
Armorama: 1,207 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 - 08:35 AM UTC
As a Medic for 23 years, I gotta be in this one.
Good idea.
chuck
Gaucho
Visit this Community
Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
KitMaker: 416 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 - 08:55 AM UTC
Sure, I'll participate too. One more volunteer, Sir.
You can add my name.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 - 10:06 AM UTC
Howdy fellas,

I've been wanting to do a 'Medic' based build for quite a long time. I didn't feel there would be enough interest in it, so I never mentioned anything about it. So I am very happy to see that our good member Stormbringer (the same bloke who brought us the Rec/Eng. Campaign idea) is creating some decent interest. Good on ya Peter!
I have already incorporated my own 'Medic' or M.A.S.H. based build into one of my T2K project's so I'll be committed to that. But if there's anyway I can swing something else, I will.

Tread.

Oh, and does anyone else notice that the Campaign schedule is slowly beginning to be pushed just a little further out every time?..........

Another "Oh".....well Chuck, ya had to go an open yer trap right?
"...As a Medic for 23 years, I gotta be in this one.
Good idea.
chuck
...."

I'll be knockin' on your door for some 'accuracy' input when the time comes my friend.........
jRatz
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,171 posts
Armorama: 541 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 - 11:49 AM UTC
Just out of curiosity, would a diorama of the falling shower tent scene from MASH be OK ??
TreeCat
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 187 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 - 12:13 PM UTC
I could get into that I am allways looking for a reason to build a model I just wish the cats would stop flight testing them
PLMP110
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,318 posts
Armorama: 837 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 - 12:54 PM UTC
I've hoped that we would eventually have a medical campaign. I've been a paramedic for 15 years and would love to take part of this one..............

Patrick
Tiger101
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 902 posts
Armorama: 628 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 - 01:33 PM UTC
I'll second PLMP110, Being in the Emergency Medical field I would love to joing the campaign. I have a few Military Ambulances I needed a reason to start. Count me in!
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 - 02:15 PM UTC

...cool, two more medico's to add to my list of 'badger the heck out of' when the time comes......

Tread.
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 - 02:24 PM UTC
I suggest you all read the following thread.

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/17154&page=1

thanks
Cliff
Stormbringer
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
Armorama: 1,116 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 - 02:25 PM UTC
Guys
I'm pleasantly surprised by the reaction to my initial post.It looks like I've talked myself into another campaign lol. I will admit to having scenes from M.A.S.H in mind to a certain extent..
I would go Braille scale for this one and do the JB models Land Rover Fxc 101 Ambulance seen here

FXC101 ambulance

Pete
Paul
Visit this Community
Kharkiv, Ukraine / Україна
KitMaker: 705 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 - 04:08 PM UTC
If this one comes through, I'm in, 2 choises come to mind right now, but if I think a little harder, there's probably tons of stuff I could build.

But just a thought, might we be getting a little too far ahead of ourselves? This is still at least a half a year in the future, what with the multitude of campaigns going on right now, but we're already planning what we're going to build...
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, October 22, 2004 - 09:18 AM UTC
Howdy Paul, fellas,

"...But just a thought, might we be getting a little too far ahead of ourselves? This is still at least a half a year in the future, what with the multitude of campaigns going on right now, but we're already planning what we're going to build..."

As I pointed out, and as (I think) our good 'Roo-tabaga gently pointed out as well with his kindly supplied link, is that we all should make sure we are not getting caught up in the emotional 'moment' of a Campaign suggestion. If you do read thru the entire thread that 'Roo supplied, there is a decent amount of pro and con going on throughout. Cases to surely be made for all the congregated points of view that are voiced.

Planning out ahead is (at least for those of us with a life outside of modeling) a very good idea. It gives us a decent chance to begin researching our proposed project (and also gives us a chance to decide whether or not to actually DO it). To assemble the reference material we think we need, to order/secure our physical (kit.AM parts, etc) ingredients of the build. And to also layout a strategy addressing the proper depiction of said project.
These are all important parts of the recipe that are necessary to ensure both an accurate and honourable build, as well as an enjoyable experience.

Within that same thread it was also proposed that we strongly limit, or put a 'cap', on the amount of Campaigns that Armorama would embrace in a year's time. Sound thinking if Armorama's membership hailed in at something like a couple of hundred 'official' members, and only focused on Tanks, period. But, as you all know, that is not the case in this rapidly growing community known as 'Armorama'.

In an attempt to not pull out the soapbox and bore you all to the point of tears I will just simply state my 'take' on it all.

The recently concluded "Incoming!!" Campaign, of which I was the incredibly proud 'Papa' of, raked in a grand total of approx. 155 (one hundred and fifty five) 'signed-in' participant's, generating a record-setting point of interest on the site. Of those, an unofficial total of approx. 76 (seventy six) participants crossed the finish line.
Now, I say this not to brag (at least not entirely ), but to point out that those numbers also reveal a fallout ratio of approx. 50%. It needs to be said that this percentage is strongly affected by those stoic members who entered two or more entries, but still for the most part illustrates that a decent amount of the originally commited enlistee's either fell away because of lack of interest, or the opposite example of over-commitment to too many things...........

Creating new and interesting Campaign's here at Armorama that 'whet' our appetite, or spark a new personal interest in heretofore unknown subject matter is the 'beating heart' of enlarging our own realms of interest, and of reaching out to each other for moral/technical support, info-interchange, and down-home comaraderie! Limiting this expansion of each other's ability to share, would be an entirely unpleasant edict that I have no desire to be governed by. Personally speaking, I have grown to value much more the friend's I have been fortunate enough to throw an arm around here at Armorama than the knowledge I have been able to garner in that time.
As a couple of small examples of what I'm trying to say. I will be building a Bluetank packaging of an M8A1 cargo tank kit for the upcoming Recovery / Engineering Campaign along with (happily) our good member Plasticbattle. Now, does he need my help to build his entry?......I think not. Have you seen his work? Bloody fantastic. But!.....he has (gratefully, for me) humbly offered to build alongside me.............for this, I am the humbled one.
At the same time I am building a Radio / Command Bodied Duece-and-a-half for my good mate 'Roo's "Move It!!" Campaign complete with a hard-to-find hardtop-bodied cab version of the WW II GMC truck. Could I have chosen a simpler entry? Probably. But, I wanted to find something that would be built in honour of the man. A man who I have grown to admire. And, a man who packaged up, shipped out, and provided for me, the above mentioned Radio / Command Body conversion simply out of the goodness of his heart.
THESE are but a few of the reasons I would not want the Campaign offerings limited in any way. We all just need to weigh our choices and our commitments on the balance plate opposite the one where our biggest return, or our most enriching time lies.

Tread.
ModlrMike
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 714 posts
Armorama: 360 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 23, 2004 - 12:48 AM UTC
I'll sign up if this one gets off the ground. I have 3 ambulances on my "to build" shelf, and could be convinced to try my hand at a conversion. Having the start date this far out lets everyone do some research and get themselves sorted out before the campaign starts.
Gaucho
Visit this Community
Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
KitMaker: 416 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 23, 2004 - 06:53 AM UTC
Hi all,
This campaign came in the exact moment that I got the kit below.

lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 2,832 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 23, 2004 - 06:46 PM UTC
Sounds like a great idea Peter.
just an idea for the campaign name
Forgotten Heroes
cheers
penpen
Visit this Community
Hauts-de-Seine, France
KitMaker: 1,757 posts
Armorama: 929 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 24, 2004 - 07:18 AM UTC
I'm in !
I've got a Pz1 ambulance in the "to build" pile, and I'll be very glad to use that occasion to build it !
 _GOTOTOP