Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Tank Destroyers - progress reports please!
Frag
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 437 posts
Armorama: 292 posts
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2005 - 04:48 AM UTC
I'm about 75% done with my Hetzer. Still have one side tracks to do and final weathering.
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2005 - 05:13 AM UTC
My TD is still a figment of my imagination. Gotta make a decision soon if I want to sign up or not with all the other campaigns going
Blade48mrd
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,185 posts
Armorama: 810 posts
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2005 - 08:25 AM UTC
Well, my Dragon JagdPanther with Cavalier "Zim" set, Model Point barrel, and various AM is all gathered together. Lower hull primed and ready to add zimmerit. Fallschirmjager "Tank Hunter" team (JAgdPanther's "Clean up Crew") gathered (Alpine's new figures, Warriors, and Dragon) and ready to be primed for painting. Diorama will be a "treeline" ambush scene, France late 1944. However, everything will be on temporary "Hold" til I finish up "Ardennes" Campaign. Then it is full time on "Tank Destroyer".

Blade48mrd
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Armorama: 1,867 posts
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2005 - 11:10 AM UTC
Tamiya M10 is complete minus some stowage on the hull sides to cover those stupid mouting points. Pics to follow soon. ASU-57 is underway as well. Lots of scratch building here. Pics also to follow soon. "Q"
War_Machine
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 702 posts
Armorama: 385 posts
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2005 - 12:20 PM UTC
I'll be starting my 251/22 shortly. I've been busting my hump the last couple of weeks finishing up my Ardennes Offensive entry. Since that's now done (pics of which will be posted soon) I can get going on my entry here. If things go well, I may even jump into that Academy M-36 I have sitting in my stash as well. We'll see.
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3,172 posts
Armorama: 2,495 posts
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2005 - 01:18 PM UTC
Martin
Thanks for those Romanian armor pics Now I gotta figure out what shade of green Also gonna get some 76mm ammo rounds
Martinnnn
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 5,435 posts
Armorama: 2,762 posts
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2005 - 05:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Martin
Thanks for those Romanian armor pics Now I gotta figure out what shade of green Also gonna get some 76mm ammo rounds

Well both Mig and Steve Zagola are members here I believe, maybe you can send them an email if they have their email in their profile and ask how they did it....

If not I'd just mix some olive drab and green paints till you get a similiar colour!

Good luck,
Martin
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 3,581 posts
Armorama: 2,782 posts
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2005 - 10:48 PM UTC
Well,last night during a spirited chat session,I did more work.I "dressed the fenders" on my squeezebore.This consists of putting all the tools in place.I also will find some spare tool clips in the spares box to add to them.
I have determined where the fit problem is which causes a gap at the rear.The right armor side,even when properly located,seems to stick out to the rear a bit.so the rear armor panel will be kept away from meeting the lower rear section. By shaving the offending bit,I seem to have a good dry fit.
(++) (++)
Diablo
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,699 posts
Armorama: 433 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 06:11 AM UTC

yeah it works.........................at last......lol
Diablo
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,699 posts
Armorama: 433 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 06:12 AM UTC

my good old mate robbie showed me the way to post the pics.i made the same camo sceme on the king tiger.so i can try the next steps on the king first.
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 07:11 AM UTC
I got the body of the 251/22 assembled and the road wheels installed. So far I have not found any problems with this build. Photos to follow soon. I will be starting on the gun next.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 08:21 AM UTC
My Modeling Gnomes are keeping the enemy's heads down while I clean up plastic parts. Didn't want to bore anyone with useless photos of bare naked plastic (BNP) - so I'll post pics when I have something useful to show.

All is proceeding according to schedule...

Gunnie
Bud1
Visit this Community
Wexford, Ireland
KitMaker: 73 posts
Armorama: 67 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 09:44 AM UTC
I started work on the Italeri Elefant at the weekend. I'm combining it with an Atak zimmerit set, which is meant for the Dragon kit, but the Atak stuff is very nice and fits pretty well so far. If only the major kit parts fitted as nicely! Atak provide a complete zimmed glacis so Italeri's upside-down one can be replaced. It's my first attempt at zimmerit so I'm taking my time on this part. I'll try to get some progess pics up but it takes a while (still using 35mm ...).
SgtWilhite
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 470 posts
Armorama: 362 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 10:12 AM UTC
I've got a Academy M10 Kit on the work bench. It's still in the box waiting to be built. I've been working on a couple of other projects for other campaigns and things keep breaking around the house. Gonna get going this week as long as long as everything else will keep working.
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 01:48 PM UTC

Moving right along
(++) (++)
Black_Water
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 94 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 02:16 PM UTC
I just put down the base coat on my 1/48 Hetzer last night. This kit has been an absolute dream to build! Such great fit! Today was the first day out of school, so it should move right along from here on out. That is, at least until I find a summer job...

Chris
DutchBird
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,144 posts
Armorama: 526 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 05:15 PM UTC
Carl,

that is very nice looking Sd.Kfz you have going there... Any problems yet?

I have the 250/1 (originally started as a try-out PE vehicle). It is somewhere stowed away, might restart it this summer again. The little I have done with it so far it is a nice kit. I hope I am not too late concerning the hull fitting technicalities... But then, I still do have a 250/1 and 3 reboxed by Revell 250/3's to get it right :-)
Martinnnn
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 5,435 posts
Armorama: 2,762 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 06:24 PM UTC
I'm still working on some other campaigns now....MSG, VE day and DDD, but I've almost finished my entries for those campaigns. I'll continue Tank Destroyers after I've finished those campaigns. For now I've done a little bit of work on the lower hull. (251/22)

Martin
BigBrother
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 88 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 12:03 AM UTC
Iam kinda in the same "boat" as Martin :-) Trying to finish DDD entry. So with that in mind I'll probably drop the 1/35 DML Elephant and switch to the 1/72 early jagpanther from DML
Steve
KitMaker: 4,303 posts
Armorama: 1,051 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 02:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I've been working on a couple of other projects for other campaigns and things keep breaking around the house.

That could have been my post... Whole arround the world, things are all the same...
Hope to start my Marder this week...

PAUL
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 09:20 AM UTC
Harm,
No I havent had any problems.There are some alignment/fit issues,but with dry fitting,I can see if anything needs reshaping or sanding down.I have both fenders attached,and have a few more steps before I attach the upper and lower hull parts.The roadwheels and sprockets all get spray painted on the sprue,then removed and assembled.
You'll see.
(++) (++)
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Armorama: 504 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 09:56 AM UTC
Update,
my Achiles is now about 85% complete just minor items to add, finish painting.
Then I will start on the crew and diorama.

Ciao
Luciano
fanai
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 2,654 posts
Armorama: 208 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 10:16 AM UTC
#:-) I finnish mine -only 1/72 for a wargame project - just wanted to show what you could do in 1 day
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Friday, May 20, 2005 - 05:59 AM UTC
My RSO is finished, too, Dave. At least it will be when the garbage man gets here next Thursday. I must have gotten a Monday or Friday production version of the kit because mine just sucks. I thought the chassis parts were bad enough but the gun parts are even worse. Even the part numbers are missing from the that parts sprue.

I may not actually toss it but it is definatelty going into the "fight with it later" pile.

Life it too short and the stash too big to keep messing with that thing.

On the the Jadgpanther Early version by DML...

Shaun
popaddy
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 202 posts
Armorama: 170 posts
Posted: Friday, May 20, 2005 - 06:43 AM UTC
I just finished ELEFANT! Took me a week on the fruils!! Things sped up considerably when I substituted guitar strings for the wire provided. I would've had to drill several tracks with the Fruil wire but I'm pretty sure the guitar string was able to punch through. No drilling! I might have to get another set of these tracksfor my Hetzer. of course, there's the added expense of guitar strings But I'm a guitar player :-)