Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Tank Destroyers - progress reports please!
Martinnnn
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 5,435 posts
Armorama: 2,762 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 09:53 AM UTC
Tank Destroyers,

It is two weeks ago when we first started hunting enemy tanks. Time for a progress report. How far have you pushed back the enemy and how far is your project?

I've started on both the Valentine Archer and Sdkfz 251/22 and decided to finish the last one first.

Post your progress reports in this thread A.S.A.P. men, and don't forget to keep your fellow Tank Destroyers updated on your progress by posting pics in the CCC forum!

That's all men, return to your posts.
Martin
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 3,581 posts
Armorama: 2,782 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 10:19 AM UTC

mmhmm.
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3,172 posts
Armorama: 2,495 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 10:46 AM UTC
Comrades
I am gathering reference material for my Romanian Panzerjaeger 35(t) R-2 Tacam The instructions call for khaki for the body color I am doubtful of that I did find an interior for it I will be ordering that on monday
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Armorama: 504 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 10:49 AM UTC
Well my Achilles is coming along nicely. Lower hull completed upper hull attached, one aplique armour mounting bolt taken by the carpet monster
Turret progressing well.

Took delivery today of the crew, five figures from 'Ultracast' three in Pixie suits. Planning my FIRST diorama for this TD and crew.

Also took delivery of the 'Osprey' M10 and M36 TD book, to late found some details in the book but have already attached the upper and lower hulls together.

Photo will be posted soon.

Ciao
Luciano
popaddy
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 202 posts
Armorama: 170 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 11:35 AM UTC
Fruilmodel tracks are holding up ELEFANT. 1st time try and boy are they a bugger!
Got a JagdPanther on the table. This is confirmed after reading about Hermann Bix and his "mule" in Panzer Aces. I'v e worked for Rudolph von Ribbentrops' younger brother, speaking of Panzer Aces.
Hetzer is being held up on Ebay! I have an email from paypal saying payment sent and an email from vendor saying "send payment",damn partisans! Hope it's settled before deadline. Would like to bring all 3 "hunters" to the front! I'm pinching pennies for a camera but I will have one before deadline. When things seem most dire, I'll be there. can't say anything about the condition of my "hunters" but I'll be there. HA!
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 01:08 PM UTC
Martin, you are an excellent campaign leader, keeping everyone on their toes as to their progress..... so here's where I'm at:

DutchBird
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,144 posts
Armorama: 526 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 05:38 PM UTC
Progress report on the Marder I:

Dear Kommandant,

Unfortunately do have to report that the basic parts are still in the box; the R&D department is holding us back. Their lousy excuse is that some of their references have not arrived yet so they can not finaize their drawings for the upgrades.

Even if these bubling fools could get their job done (a BIG "if") then we only have place in the wearhouse for the parts for this vehicle, and only barely. It is almost stocked to the rim and the manager is requesting permission to do an overall inventory.
In the assembly hall things have gone forward. Unfortunately most of the time the workers are doing paperwork. When urged to start assembling they answered that these were exams and papers they had to make, otherwise they would not be allowed to continue assembly. According to them this should be finished by mid-june.
Last but not least, the paintshop got some new equipment. Though usefull, their need to practice with this new equipment might cause further delays.

Overall the things have progressed though. One of the projects is now finally in its base-coat. The Jagdpanther is progressing as well, though the zimmerit boys have screwed up again. Maybe tonight or tomorrows more work can get done. Still, it might be a bit hopefull, but planning is to send that one to the paintshop next weekend. If done assembl of the basic part of the vehicle might actually start.

My apologoes for these further delays,

Heinrich Ichweissesnichtmehr.
Martinnnn
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 08:35 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Comrades
I am gathering reference material for my Romanian Panzerjaeger 35(t) R-2 Tacam The instructions call for khaki for the body color I am doubtful of that I did find an interior for it I will be ordering that on monday

Hey Chad, you've got this kit?

Here are some examples of Romanian tank colour, if these modellers were correct that is:

Romanian Tacam T60, by Steve Zaloga - image from Missing-Lynx.com

Panzer 35(t) in Romanian Service, by Miguel Jimenez - image from Missing-Lynx.com

I think modellers like Steve Zagola and Miguel Jimenez use good reference material before building a model so I think you can assume these colours are correct. Kahki green....could just be correct!

Quoted Text

Well my Achilles is coming along nicely. Lower hull completed upper hull attached, one aplique armour mounting bolt taken by the carpet monster
Turret progressing well.

Took delivery today of the crew, five figures from 'Ultracast' three in Pixie suits. Planning my FIRST diorama for this TD and crew.

Also took delivery of the 'Osprey' M10 and M36 TD book, to late found some details in the book but have already attached the upper and lower hulls together.

Photo will be posted soon.

Ciao
Luciano

Sounds like you've got some excellent models.....the Achilles is a wonderfull kit and the Ultracast figures are very very cool. How about a Holland 1944/45 setting? I always like Holland diorama's.....wondering why

Quoted Text

Fruilmodel tracks are holding up ELEFANT. 1st time try and boy are they a bugger!
Got a JagdPanther on the table. This is confirmed after reading about Hermann Bix and his "mule" in Panzer Aces. I'v e worked for Rudolph von Ribbentrops' younger brother, speaking of Panzer Aces.
Hetzer is being held up on Ebay! I have an email from paypal saying payment sent and an email from vendor saying "send payment",damn partisans! Hope it's settled before deadline. Would like to bring all 3 "hunters" to the front! I'm pinching pennies for a camera but I will have one before deadline. When things seem most dire, I'll be there. can't say anything about the condition of my "hunters" but I'll be there. HA!

Ah like the Eolingas/Rohan cavalery saves Gondor.....oh wait, that's another subject :-)

Quoted Text

Martin, you are an excellent campaign leader, keeping everyone on their toes as to their progress..... so here's where I'm at:

Thanks Dave You're RSO looks great! How about the tracks? From the reviews etc I've read they aren't any good. What's your opinion on this?

Time to find yourself a nice ambush position

Quoted Text

Heinrich Ichweissesnichtmehr.

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Well, I'm gonna do some school work. Maybe I finish it all a bit in time so I can continue on my 251/22.

Martin
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,933 posts
Armorama: 985 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 09:06 PM UTC
I havent finishedmy Ardennes campaign entry yet, new job more hours less modelling
Littorio
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Armorama: 504 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 09:54 PM UTC
Martin, a photo of the assembly line, hand painted with Tamiya Olive Drab XF-62 requires another coat of paint. Still alot of work to do all small items require painting and fitting, tools, handles etc. Gun being constructed ready for paint.
I will be using the kit tracks.

As for the diorama I will be keeping it as simple as possible for my first one, crew break at the side of the road.

Ciao
Luciano
Martinnnn
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 09:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Martin, a photo of the assembly line, hand painted with Tamiya Olive Drab XF-62 requires another coat of paint. Still alot of work to do all small items require painting and fitting, tools, handles etc. Gun being constructed ready for paint.
I will be using the kit tracks.

As for the diorama I will be keeping it as simple as possible for my first one, crew break at the side of the road.

Ciao
Luciano

Ok cool. I'm sure you get all the help you need for the diorama if you post your questions in the diorama's forum!

Thanks for posting your pics!

Martin
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 12:45 AM UTC
My Hetzer is in a holding pattern, I've been working on the Heavy Haulers fuel truck this past week. I still think I can finish that one by the deadline.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 02:51 AM UTC
Martin, the tracks are typical Italeri.... These seem to be extremely stiff.
Since this is a completely out of the box, except the filler needed....LOL, I needed to use a few plastic strips to fill a few major gaps, I'll struggle with the kit items.
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 05:25 AM UTC
Dave,if you can dare spring for Model kasten or Fruili track,I would recommend those.The sag will be perfect for that vehicle. (++) (++)
sonnyboy
Visit this Community
Denmark
KitMaker: 473 posts
Armorama: 252 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 08:43 AM UTC
i have ordered acadamys m18 hellcat! and i have also planned ordering the exterior update from verlinden! looks mighty good! and i have a verlinden tank crew waiting for me!

eh i have almost made my achilles, now i need to finish the real achilles from elite minatures!
Tiger101
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 902 posts
Armorama: 628 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 09:04 AM UTC
Well, my DML Jagdpanzer 4 A-O is getting together some little bits to be added here and there before painting. I am holding off with the tools and I will paint them by hand and add them later. I do have a gripe with this kit (although it is a small one) The PE Schurtzen have bolt heads for the outer face. DML came up short by over half!!!!!! Thank goodness for impulse buys! I used my punch and die set to make up the missing bolt heads.

Just a note the upper and lower hulls are just mated for photos. They are not ready to be glued just yet.
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 09:13 AM UTC

Now the crew has some seats. (++) (++)
warthog
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 1,460 posts
Armorama: 1,080 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 11:05 AM UTC
I'm still in the process of doing the ground works for the Elefant dio....I'll post pics as soon as possible, BTW, below is the link to my last update..

ELEFANT - TD Entry pt.2

Cheers
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,870 posts
Armorama: 1,458 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 12:57 PM UTC
So far,so good.MR dished roadwheels were primed and painted for the M36B1.Verlinden gun breech fitted to 90mm assy flawlessly Idler wheel axels headed for carpet God Valhallah,but were retrieved after some major urban renewal. .Dio buildings were re-painted in a sober frame of mind. :-) :-) .Progress satisfactory.Almost like Lima Locomotive! :-) :-) :-)
Cheers!*clink*
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 2,412 posts
Armorama: 1,174 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 01:06 PM UTC
hey martin, iam still in the building prosses. ive been away for 4 days so i havnt worked on it. give me a week and the building is complete.

Frank
Orffer
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
KitMaker: 44 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 05:33 PM UTC
I would say that I'm about 80% complete with my Jagdpanzer IV/70 assembly. Still filling the ejector pin marks on the support struts. Hoping to post some pictures SOON!

The only time that I can built on models are within the weekends, and the weekend that passed had to be split between my Minature Magic campaign and the wife.

Dieter
dogload
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 585 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 08:05 PM UTC
My M10 or Achilles (still not sure which one it will be!) is still at the stage of having had it's suspension started.
However, at the weekend as a quick diversion, I began building a 1/72 Italeri Elefant that I was given recently, so if time and circumstances conspire against me, I will have at least one TD to offer!
Will post pics when I get the chance (it's exam time in UK, so I'm being kept busy at work- not that I use the internet during my work time of course :-)
Diablo
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,699 posts
Armorama: 433 posts
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2005 - 12:37 AM UTC
the update is in my gallery.pics posting still not working.i am just a total idiot with these things
Martinnnn
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2005 - 12:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

the update is in my gallery.pics posting still not working.i am just a total idiot with these things

Nice camo!
Diablo
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,699 posts
Armorama: 433 posts
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2005 - 12:56 AM UTC
thank you my great campaign leader the camo will be toned down a lot, after wash and weathering.and have to attend those wheels a bit more.i am working on the tools right now,will get them on tonight,and start with the groundwork on thursday if all goes well.have to figure out what dio setting i want too.

greetz .jeroen...