Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
OBG - The Official Thread
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 02:04 AM UTC
Chris - great job on finishing up your "Slick '60". It came out nice, and I love the photo of your lineup of Patton Tanks.

I'm not too far behind you - putting the dry-transfers on mine this afternoon...

Gunnie
MonkeyGun
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 943 posts
Armorama: 825 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 02:20 AM UTC
Great work guys , almost got my Pershing done , just needs a little weathering and its done , will post some pics soon

Ian
jcneel
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 135 posts
Armorama: 124 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 03:07 AM UTC
Dang - just noticed today that the little tube on the front of the glacis to the right of the driver's hatch isn't supposed to be mounted on the early M60's (apparently only goes on the M60A3 models). Now debating if I should try and remove it and touch up or just say the heck with it.....

Wonder what else I missed? oh well....

cn
Elad
Visit this Community
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
KitMaker: 458 posts
Armorama: 269 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 04:59 AM UTC
great choice Christiane, I love those MERDC Pattons!

Andreas,
your 6B Gal Batash is beautiful, keep up the good work and thanks again for the tip about the M48 suspension.
it took some surgery but I corrected the arms that got broken off yesterday when I tried to remove them and now the model is nearly ready for painting.
I'll post some pics on thursday when I get back home.
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 3,581 posts
Armorama: 2,782 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 07:00 AM UTC
Wait Chris
I was on a plain 60 in 1975,it was built in 1962.
The pipe to the right of the driver's hatch,is the crew heater exhaust.It will be there.
I would carve 2 small grooves to allow rain water out from around the drivers hatch.Between the center periscope and the side periscopes.
If you can get an Academy M-48 kit or something,scarf the searchlight.It is better than the Tamiya one as used in the Tamiya A1 and A2
Trust me.
(++) (++) (++) (++)
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 07:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Dang - just noticed today that the little tube on the front of the glacis to the right of the driver's hatch isn't supposed to be mounted on the early M60's (apparently only goes on the M60A3 models). Now debating if I should try and remove it and touch up or just say the heck with it.....

Wonder what else I missed? oh well....

I wouldn't worry about it too much - you finished the model and that's what counts. I would worry if you're modeling a particular unit or time period - the area is capped off in the early vehicles, and remained so for many years. Just as with other small fittings, some get added or deleted over time.

Gunnie
ahueger
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 217 posts
Armorama: 214 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2006 - 04:33 PM UTC
Hiyam
finished my Magach 6B Gal Batash today, as I said the Goffy model conversion for the Acedemy kit plus the "all steel" roadwheel from the Trump M60A1 kit and bits and pieces : more pics in our campaign folder and of course I'd really appreciate any comments from you guys !
- Andreas -
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 08:23 AM UTC
Here is the first of 2 things I will be doing.

A range target M-26A1.So many well detailed functional tanks.But what happens to the oldsters when they are superceded?

eMan
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 1,182 posts
Armorama: 665 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 02:27 PM UTC
Here is my entry for OBG, Tamiya M48-A3 + AFV Club M48 track set:-H

Erik67
Visit this Community
Buskerud, Norway
KitMaker: 1,871 posts
Armorama: 1,423 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 05, 2006 - 04:14 AM UTC
Things have been a little slow lately, but here is my progress pics so far. I have finally finished the AFV M-48/M-60 tracks. Nice fit and easy to build, but it takes time. The kit has the chevron patterned tracks so I had to change them. The sprocketts had to be rebuilt to fit, and luckily I had some spare M-60 sprocketts in the spare box. Combined with the original sprocketts they turned out ok with a nice fit. Except for the sprocketts the main modifications are scratch tow wires, mesh added to the turret basket, a scratch fire extinguisher, scratch smoke dischargers and some miner details. Now I just have to wait for some pictures of the real thing. By a weird incident I met the last platoon leader to command a M-48 plt in Norway, and he will get me some nice reference pics for the paint job and the loaders MG. Norwegian M-48 A5s did not have a search light, except for two vehicles which got search lights from a Leopard 1. Due to different voltage this was about as sucsessfull as a candle light :-)
Well, here are the progress pics:

Cheers
Erik
ahueger
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 02:13 AM UTC
Hey Carl,
cool idea, but very difficult subject ... I'd really like to see any update (once the gallery works again )

Lap Man,
that's one very nice OOTB, I can imagine the junge around that, any dio planned or detail shots ?

Erik,
that's coming on very nicely now. So you slowed down a little, finally I am really curios to see that one colored, what colors are you going to use?

cheers - Andreas -
vanize
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,954 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 03:55 AM UTC
here is what I'll be working on:

i'll do it OOB unless i change my mind. i've had this kit FOREVER, and am glad to have this campaign to get me off my rear and get to building it!
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 04:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

One question - did you change the Driver's Hatch yet? The AMT/ESCI/ERTL/Italeri (gee that's a lot of typing) M60A1 upper Hull has the correct detail for the 'A1 through 'A3 variants - but the M60 had an IR Periscope mounted there instead of the later Passive Sight. I haven't come across a "Slick '60" with the Passive Sight on the Driver's Hatch.

Jim, your right about the Slick 60, M60A0, but that's not quite true about the M60A1. Yes the M60A1 RISE/Passive did have the later passive driver's periscope, but that was an upgrade to th M60A1 fleet. The M60A1 originaly had the IR drivers periscope. A lot of M60A1's were fielded with IR in the late `60's, early `70's. I'll be doing a M60A1 from H Co. 2/11 ACR from the 1975 time range. It has IR.

Thanks for joining in Gary! Looking forward to seeing your 'A1.

Gunnie
jcneel
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 135 posts
Armorama: 124 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 07:25 AM UTC
Ok - finally able to get back into action with the gallery.

Well - looking at some of the other builds here, I decided to go back and work some more on my M60 (A-nuthin'). Added some putty behind the shield to give it that canvased look (as per Erik' and "Lapman's" builds) - I guess it came out ok looking. And also added some other markings to give it that 3ID (Mechanized) in Germany look from June 1966 as shown in the Squadron Signal M60s in Action book (and also inspired by Gunnie's build - again). I just used some Archer dry transfer for some German type numbers - so not really correct with the blocked style numbers shown in the book - but close enough for me....

Also went back and modified that small pipe tube found on the front glasis - trimmed it back and tried to make a cover piece for it but didn't work out as well as I hoped.

Had some fun with it.

More pics (if you can stand it):

betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
Armorama: 510 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 18, 2006 - 12:44 AM UTC
This is my finished entry for the OBG campaign. It is Trumpeters ex motorised M60 A3. Painted in Tamiya acrylics and built OOB. Dio was made using MIG pigments mud and acrylic resin, Verlinden grass and some mixed herbs for the scatter. Tree was made using grass and parsley and sprayed lightly with Tamiya deep green.

Thanks, Andy (++)
bf443
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 895 posts
Armorama: 283 posts
Posted: Monday, April 03, 2006 - 02:41 AM UTC
Hi everyone,

Here is my entry progress so far. The Tamiya M247 SGT. York, I have had it for years. I'm glad this campaign gave me the drive to assemble it. Construction so far has been nice but I think I should have primed the parts while still on the sprues, It was kind of difficult with the running gear in place. Plus its been very humid today and even with a moisture trap I had some sputtering.
Oh well, I'll do what I can. I plan on painting this in Nato Three tone, a sort of "What if" had it gone into service.

Hope you enjoy.......
Brian

generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3,172 posts
Armorama: 2,495 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 16, 2006 - 12:28 AM UTC
Here's a photo of the M48A5 painted in the base color of sand I used Testors MM enamel sand FS 30277 I will add some field drab and flat black for camo Now to find out what unit used this type of camo

TankCarl
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 16, 2006 - 01:34 AM UTC
Here is my M26A1 "range target"
The ultimte end to many tanks.

(++) (++) (++) (++)
ahueger
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 16, 2006 - 07:00 PM UTC
Hi Chad,
I really like the sand colored Pattons, this one's gonna be nice for sure. Not sure, but could it be that you glued the drivers periscopes upside down? You may want to check them again?

Carl,
that's goint to be a real nice one, how about some more damages, like flanked off rounds that bounced of the armor at an angle and leave those large scale scratches?

Andreas
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 16, 2006 - 07:35 PM UTC
Working on the painting/markings for my M60A1...looks real good in dark drab. I added the Xenon Searchlight, had to scratchbuild/modify the mounting area as the Italeri kit only comes with the newer style searchlight. And I almost cut my darn thumb off last night getting the Xenon ready for final assembly...grr.

pictures will be up soon.

Oh, and 1500 posts!
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 16, 2006 - 09:37 PM UTC
Andreas,
Yes I have a few of those in place ; on the top of the mantlet,rear deck (it snapped the travel lock loose) ,and over the TC's hatch. (++) (++) (++) (++)
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 05:42 AM UTC
Rusty rustbucket:

(++) (++)
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3,172 posts
Armorama: 2,495 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 05:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Chad,
I really like the sand colored Pattons, this one's gonna be nice for sure. Not sure, but could it be that you glued the drivers periscopes upside down? You may want to check them again?

Carl,
that's goint to be a real nice one, how about some more damages, like flanked off rounds that bounced of the armor at an angle and leave those large scale scratches?

Andreas

Andreas

Thanks I checked them via the directions They look right Before I get any further along I will check some real M48 tanks to make sure
vanize
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,954 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 09:49 AM UTC
Hello everyone,

So it seems that i am going to have to pull out of this campaign (and all the other's i was in that end before june or so), as i managed to break a bone in my left hand yesterday and will be in a full forearm cast for the next 6 or 7 weeks!

I don't think i am going to have much luck with one handed modelling.

anyway, I'll be looking in on the campaigns with envy, so everyone keep up the good work!

-vance-