Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
MEOW Campaign
Sensei
Visit this Community
Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 799 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 01, 2006 - 07:40 AM UTC
and an update,

kit is fully built OTB except the tracks, im gonna airbrush it sometime next week while im waiting for a set of tamiya rubber tracks mailed to me by a friend. I guess they are at least a little better than the one provided by Italeri.

will post some pics after weekend or on sunday

cheers
Mirko
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
Armorama: 510 posts
Posted: Friday, June 02, 2006 - 04:56 PM UTC
Dragons Panther A late type with an Eduard P.E set, metal barrel and a set of Atak zimmerit is my chosen kit.
I am really looking forward to building this kit, i have been looking at it for the last 6 months waiting for the campaign to start.
BTW, is there any special way to glue the zimmerit on, i have never used it before.
Andy (++)
War_Machine
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 702 posts
Armorama: 385 posts
Posted: Friday, June 02, 2006 - 06:03 PM UTC
Entering campaigns is pretty easy. Just go to the campaigns page and select the campaign you're interested in. Each campaign page has an "enlist" button. One click and you're in.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Friday, June 02, 2006 - 06:20 PM UTC
I wont be starting my campaign just yet. I’m finishing up the "wheels" and "bend me/shape me" campaigns first.
I’ll be entering with Dragons late Panther "A", Aber PE and barrel, Attak zimmerit and Friuls. Hopefully the "Achtung Jabo" figure set as well, if time permits.

Its great to see so much enthusiasm though ... will Mirko set a new record for fastest ever campaign build? :-) :-) :-)
Hopefully you guys will show plenty of in-progress and keep the spirit alive over the 6 months. It’s needed on a long campaign.
emroglan
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,163 posts
Armorama: 842 posts
Posted: Friday, June 02, 2006 - 06:38 PM UTC
I originally proposed an italeri Puma in the other topic for this campaign... But this morning I found myself building a Revell 1/72 Kingtiger frantically. Think this means that my entry will be a King Tiger and I'm already done with the roadwheels, should start painting tomorrow.
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
Armorama: 510 posts
Posted: Friday, June 02, 2006 - 10:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Andy,

I've never used the Atak Zim, I'm guessing its resin ?
Either way, resin or PE, I would think CA would be the best bet, but I could be wrong.
Ken

Thanks Ken, it is resin and very thin at that. Hopefully i won't break it much :-) .
Andy (++)
Blade48mrd
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,185 posts
Armorama: 810 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 03, 2006 - 12:11 PM UTC
Andy -

I've ordered the Atak zimmerit for my Tamiya Tiger I (Mid) and haven't used it before. I have used the Cavalier "Zim" and found that a thinned coat of 5-minute epoxy worked great. It gave a little 'maneuver' time for the pieces. Worked great on my Dragon JagdPanther (Early). Look forward to seeing your entry when done.

Blade48mrd
Diablo
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,699 posts
Armorama: 433 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 03, 2006 - 05:51 PM UTC
I am going to start also with my Italeri jagdpanther Mirko let's see what we can do,to make a nice pair of them

greetings jeroen,.
Sensei
Visit this Community
Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 799 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 03, 2006 - 06:07 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Its great to see so much enthusiasm though ... will Mirko set a new record for fastest ever campaign build? :-) :-) :-)
Hopefully you guys will show plenty of in-progress and keep the spirit alive over the 6 months. It’s needed on a long campaign.

Hehehe, im trying but since im moving into another apartment with my fioncee and still havent set up a "modeling corner" i think it will take a week or two before i finish this one, but hey... i can always do another later

Quoted Text

I am going to start also with my Italeri jagdpanther Mirko let's see what we can do,to make a nice pair of them

greetings jeroen,.

Jeroen, why not

Im building mine in overall green with yellow cammo (a bit unusual but some folks here gave me that info), no zimm since its late model (gonna place mine in winter 1944/45), im leaving the option to move the engin deck and see the engine and will place one figgie on an open hull hatch. but basicaly, except the figgie its all OTB

cheers
Mirko

P.S. im gonna try take some pics of the unpainted model and post them in next few days!

lavgnr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 338 posts
Armorama: 216 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 03, 2006 - 09:53 PM UTC
Mirko, it's nice to be able to commandeer a little room for the hobby, but I had to fight to keep dolls and stuff out of mine!

In four days, I think I've made some nice progress on my Canadian Leopard C1. I'm waiting for an engine grill from Plasticbodelbouw, who mailed it almost a month ago, so I know it's sitting in Customs somewhere. Otherwise ready for paint, then I can add all the other necessary touches. This will end up on a common base with my Leo C2, for which I am waiting for a grill as well (from last year's Op Canuck Steel campaign) and I have permission to put them in my living room. Next to the dolls.
emroglan
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,163 posts
Armorama: 842 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 12:15 AM UTC
Hi everyone!

Here's my huge(!) King Tiger completely assembled and ready for painting. I will try my Gunze Sangyo Panzer Colors Set II on it, let's see what happens.

The Revell kit in 1/72 scale is very easy to assemble, the kit has no flash or any deficient pieces. The only thing that came as a surprise was that the barrel didn't have a hole at the end. The muzzle brake was all clear, but the barrel tip didn't have a hole and it wasn't simple flash either, had to drill a new a hole with my dremel. The tracks are plastic, not vinyl and come at separate pieces which are easy to assemble. The overall plastic material for the kit is somewhat soft and enables you to bend and shape it.

To show its size(I found it to be terribly small after 1/35 scale):

Will start painting within the hour, should be an early product in the campaign if there are no major problems.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Armorama: 3,034 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 01:10 AM UTC
WOW---some of you guys have really taken off here. I'm feeling like one of the "Slowskis" here. In three days I haven't even finished putting on the road wheels of my Dragon initial Tiger yet. Glad ya'll are having fun. I see we've had 6 more folks show up since the Campaign started. Well there is plenty of time for more. And build as many as want this is a nice long build. Some of you may want to take a go at doing some Modern armor like a Leopard or a wheeled vehicle if you haven't done any of those yet. Above all----HAVE FUN !!!!!!!
rtvmodeler
Visit this Community
Distrito Federal, Mexico
KitMaker: 437 posts
Armorama: 391 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 11:38 AM UTC
Nice works friends!. Today I will start with my Panzerbeobachtungswagen - Panther from Gunze Sangyo 1/35. I will add some pics soon.

Regards,
Rodolfo
swingbowler
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 162 posts
Armorama: 52 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 01:49 PM UTC
i have to admit i'm one of the slowskis here, take a look at what i've done so far: the MG on the Pink Panther. the rest of the famous feline is lying unassembled in the background (++)
redneck
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,602 posts
Armorama: 384 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 06:52 PM UTC
I’m building Hasegawa’s 1/72 Tiger I last model.

This is my first attempt at 1/72 armor so I don’t know how much extra I’ll try to do on it.

So far I’m working on it while the paint drys on my carrier so its not coming along at any great speed. I’ve built the gun and the main parts of the turret. Still have to clean it up and add the smaller pieces.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 07:03 PM UTC
I got out my AMC models Bergepanzer Tiger 1 and found it to be a subpar kit. I've decided to change my entry to the PIOModels PzKpfw VI Ausf.H1 Tiger with concrete turret. This kit is the Revell Tiger 1 with the turret removed and a resin concrete turret ring added.
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,161 posts
Armorama: 542 posts
Posted: Monday, June 05, 2006 - 08:38 AM UTC
Ok Steve, I joined so now you have some competition for the 'slowski' award. lol My Tiger 1 Initial is sitting here, I've looked over the instructions and the whole kit in better detail and have an idea for a dio I'm trying to work out. Not going to start until I get my Panther finished that I just have never gotten back around to, an M60 (that will probably get shelved again for a later time) and my priority is finishing my floaty campaign.

Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 2,412 posts
Armorama: 1,174 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 07:25 AM UTC

Finaly an image! What a beautiful sight Seeing how i only recently finished the aber radio, i might have to hurry up! Il probably try to steel a few thing from the dragon initial like hte torsion bars.... need to get that interior going!

Francois
Rockfall
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 884 posts
Armorama: 602 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 08:13 AM UTC
Well since there won't be any babies being born during this campaign I should be alright to get my 1/48 Tamiya Panther built.

rtvmodeler
Visit this Community
Distrito Federal, Mexico
KitMaker: 437 posts
Armorama: 391 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 12:08 PM UTC
Hello friends.

Well, here are the first pics.

For the exhaust pipes I used Mr. Surfaced of Gunze Sangyo, with the second application I will delete the lines - this liquid putty is very useful and easy to use!

Here I applied the same putty. The rear part have a 2 guides for add into two holes

Soon more pics

Regards,
Rodolfo
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 3,377 posts
Armorama: 1,088 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 12:26 PM UTC
Just a quick question, Many years ago when I reentered this hobby, I built the Tamiya Tiger I (The Otto Carius kit). For a long time I have been planning to redo this kit, as I didn´t ad zimmerite and the paintjob stinks.

I plan to do it as a funklenk tiger and pair it with a Borgward mk. IV - would a rebuilt be accepteble for this campain ?

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Armorama: 3,034 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 12:56 AM UTC
Sorry Jan:

I know in the long run that a rebuild is more difficult and time consumng, but it would still classify as having been worked on because a lot of the sections have been completed prior to the start. There is a 7 month time frame here, so I am sure you can find another subject later on that will meet the criteria.