Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
What if Campaign?
Klinker
Visit this Community
Tasmania, Australia
KitMaker: 369 posts
Armorama: 352 posts
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2011 - 08:14 PM UTC
I think a SturmPanther would be brilliant !
Klinker
Visit this Community
Tasmania, Australia
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2011 - 08:24 PM UTC

Quoted Text

If it starts in the second half of the year I would participate. Maybe one of the "unbuild" variants of the Marder 1 Family like the 110mm Artillery Missile on Marder Chassis (based on the tests done with a Block-2 Prototype) or a Jagdleopard.

Never heard of a JagdLeopard (sounds good) I know the British Army built a prototype JagdCheiftan (Ugly looking thing) so looking forward to this one!
mmeier
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,280 posts
Armorama: 1,015 posts
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2011 - 11:19 PM UTC
No "Jagdleopard" was ever designed. Using the 105mm gun on the KaJaPa chassis was given thoughts but deemed borderline doabel (and the 105mm vs. next gen Iwan was in doubt). OTOH work on casemat tanks continued using Leopard 1 and 2 parts. The idea for the "Jagdleopard" is a bit like the Jagdpanther of WWII using a 120mm gun in a casemat mount. I would most likely build this using spare parts of a KaJaPa (That will get the Perfect Scale Hull) for the mount. Maybe with the AFV "Stryker Weapon Station" as an extra.

Marder/110mm would be easier. A prototype from the 2. batch (similar in size etc. to the KaJaPa) was actually build. "Sonderfahrzeuge der Bundeswehr" (ISBN 3613023822) and the two follow-ups have a lot of "Bundeswehr Specials" like the "Hells Angels Special" (A trike with a rear-mounted 20mm canon) or "Paparazies Delight" (Cherrypicker Style missile platform on Leo 1)
Empire95
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 78 posts
Armorama: 75 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 03:41 AM UTC
I'm still not sure that I want to make a Sturmpanther,
maybe I'll combine a Panther and a Leopard into a Panther 1A5 or something
I'll see.

A jagdleopard sounds very interesting
Shift911
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 192 posts
Armorama: 185 posts
Posted: Friday, March 18, 2011 - 12:54 PM UTC
Any info on start/finish? I'm good to get to work, maybe within the next month or two to give the others some time? Some good ideas floating around, I'm looking forward to seeing these creations.
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Friday, March 18, 2011 - 06:24 PM UTC
If you all want a closer start date I can accommodate that, but you need to let me know.

It is my understanding that several who are interested in this campaign won't be able to start until late Summer. The most prominent reason being that there are many active campaigns that members are involved in, myself included, and this puts undesirable time constraints on us.

Again, I project this campaign to run for a minimum of 9 months. There is going to be a constant stream of brainstorming, brain farts, changes of plan, and scratchbuilding which will necessitate a fair amount of run time.

If it is desirable for this campaign to start sooner, then I will consider running it for 12 months in order to accommodate everyone's needs. In this case I would consider a May 2011 start date.

Again, I need everyone's input here so that I can make the most appropriate decision. So speak up gents
Klinker
Visit this Community
Tasmania, Australia
Posted: Friday, March 18, 2011 - 08:46 PM UTC
I can do May 2011 but I would have to do a different 'What If' possibly my IDF Panther (still upstarted) and I nearly have all the bit's and bob's for that! where as I have'nt even started on the Hetzer!
I get all my stuff from ebay as it's way cheaper than the local stores (they charge like wounded bulls) but most of it takes quite a while to roll up down here!!
Whiskey_1
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 279 posts
Armorama: 272 posts
Posted: Friday, March 18, 2011 - 09:47 PM UTC
Hi Jeremy,

I'll be joining this one too, as long as partial builts can join. I have an E10 sitting somewhere that has been on and off the bench a few times, but it needs a lot of PE and some scratchbuilding to get done. Have a great idea for it too: standing in some ruin (perhaps factory) with a blackboard hanging off one side and a mix of tankers and para's planning an assault. Second assault on Warsaw, some time, some place blah blah blah.

You get the idea
mmeier
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,280 posts
Armorama: 1,015 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 02:31 AM UTC
May/2011 and 12 month sound good. This would have the benefit of leaving enough time till 21/December/2012 for handing out the ribbons. Just in case the Maja are right
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 02:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I can do May 2011 but I would have to do a different 'What If' possibly my IDF Panther (still upstarted) and I nearly have all the bit's and bob's for that! where as I have'nt even started on the Hetzer!
I get all my stuff from ebay as it's way cheaper than the local stores (they charge like wounded bulls) but most of it takes quite a while to roll up down here!!

Actually you wouldn't have to change any of your plans. If we start in May and run for 12 months, it will run during the same 9 month time period that we would have if we started in August and ran for 9 months.

05/01/2011 - 05/01/2012 (12 months)
vs.
08/01/2011 - 04/01/2012 (9 months)

Quoted Text

Hi Jeremy,

I'll be joining this one too, as long as partial builts can join. I have an E10 sitting somewhere that has been on and off the bench a few times, but it needs a lot of PE and some scratchbuilding to get done. Have a great idea for it too: standing in some ruin (perhaps factory) with a blackboard hanging off one side and a mix of tankers and para's planning an assault. Second assault on Warsaw, some time, some place blah blah blah.

You get the idea

Benjamin, I will be keeping standard policy as per my other campaigns. Your partial build will be allowed since you are still going to perform a large amount of work and are going to create a diorama for it.

Quoted Text

May/2011 and 12 month sound good. This would have the benefit of leaving enough time till 21/December/2012 for handing out the ribbons. Just in case the Maja are right

Precisely
ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,662 posts
Armorama: 3,078 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 03:11 AM UTC
Jeremy, As far as time goes I don,t see a difference between 12 months May to May or 9 months August to April. My .02 cents.
Currently working on 4 campaigns, 1 due to start @ the end of April and 3 set to start in June
Someone was looking to due a Command Vehicle and an Allied Armor Campaign that was to start in May but I don't know what happened there
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 03:29 AM UTC
Sal: Only difference is that it would allow for those itching to get started to not have to wait so long

I don't know what is happening with the Command Vehicle campaign, I have my kit and PE all ready to go for that one. As for the Allied Armor campaign, I'm not sure that I even remember seeing it.
Sudzonic
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,096 posts
Armorama: 1,983 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 03:31 AM UTC
I have had an idea for this one, but you will have to wait and see what it is??
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 03:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I have had an idea for this one, but you will have to wait and see what it is??

Hmm, shall I take this as a subtle suggestion to start the campaign at the earlier date?
Look forward to it Scott
windysean
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,917 posts
Armorama: 735 posts
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2011 - 07:32 AM UTC
Still many ideas rolling around the empty space in my head...
Wouldn't a Morris Quad gun tractor make a cool London double-decker bus? On the other hand, I'm trying to keep myself current by building onto a humvee chassis-- I've got some schemes there too! Don't worry.
-Sean.
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 - 04:30 PM UTC
How about a stretch double decker Humvee?

Is everyone good on the time frame? I need to know before I submit the form.
windysean
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,917 posts
Armorama: 735 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2011 - 01:14 AM UTC
I'm good on the timeframe-- whatever you go with. I'll fit it in. Let's get this one into the system.
Whiskey_1
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2011 - 09:44 AM UTC
I'm good for starting in May too. Have most of the stuff on hand and 12 months should leave enough time for slowpokes like myself...

Rock 'n roll, People! Rock 'n roll!
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, March 27, 2011 - 09:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

HI Jeremy, here is the rules and regs for the previous what if campaign for you to use if you want?

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Campaigns&file=index&req=showcontent&id=318

Scott, I have based the rules on your previous campaign and will consider this a follow up to your What If campaign. It has been modified to better accommodate the needs of the members for this year.

Campaign submission form sent!
GaryKato
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,694 posts
Armorama: 2,693 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 27, 2011 - 07:18 PM UTC
You need to specify whether partial builds will be accepted and whether builds from other campaigns will be allowed.
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, March 27, 2011 - 07:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

You need to specify whether partial builds will be accepted and whether builds from other campaigns will be allowed.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention Gary. I will follow my standard approach regarding these.

Partial builds and builds from other campaigns will be allowed provided that they are either used as part of a diorama constructed for this campaign or are significantly altered/modified for the purposes of this campaign.

Let me know if you have any more questions Gary
GaryKato
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,694 posts
Armorama: 2,693 posts
Posted: Monday, March 28, 2011 - 11:33 PM UTC
Campaign approved. Here's where to enlist:
What If 2
ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,662 posts
Armorama: 3,078 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 - 12:15 AM UTC
I'm all signed up, this 1 is starting to grow on me. The wheels in my tiny brain are spinning
Whiskey_1
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 - 12:39 AM UTC
As have I... Time to go through the box and make a list of "chores".
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 - 04:15 AM UTC
Yes, time to start exercising those thinking muscles everyone!