Hosted by Darren Baker
Crossing the gap
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,716 posts
Armorama: 1,638 posts
Posted: Friday, October 07, 2011 - 09:10 AM UTC
LOL ,, that got my mind going into all sorts or places Vlad hell i am 43 now and i shouldn't be doing stupid things .with the amount of damage this body of mine has taken doing things like that really is stupid but hell i'm a male and we never learn freaking learning now tho lol .
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Friday, October 07, 2011 - 09:49 AM UTC
Hi Phil. Ambitious scene. Huge scale ... my one attempt at anything close to this size failed miserably .... its still .. em in progress you could say ;.(
Kudos for anybody who takes on this size and actually completes it, but with the speed you seem to be advancing at, it might be actually happen? Good luck with it ... Will pop in later!
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Friday, October 07, 2011 - 10:03 AM UTC
Hey ya Frank ... Oh trust me matey this bugger is going to be finished ,,i love me WW2 dio's and in fact if this thing was 3 times the size it would still get done ,,theres many things in this one i am liking alot and stories all over the place with it .the way its being built is that no matter where you look there;s a story ..wasn't as hard to do as i thought ..things fell into place so to speck .
If ya wanna give this size dio a blast again at some point do what i do ..work on one section at a time .falls into place nicely then and things get done lol

Phill
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Friday, October 07, 2011 - 10:52 AM UTC
Ok even tho its not been at that long since i added pics to this thread i have more decided to add something to this dio ,,, totally hand painted and will a little spice to a pretty bland area ,, check it out

and no i'm not gonna tell ya where its going ..ya all a gonna have to wait and see

Phill
zontar
Visit this Community
Hawaii, United States
KitMaker: 1,646 posts
Armorama: 1,557 posts
Posted: Friday, October 07, 2011 - 11:33 AM UTC
Phill: nice work on the dio. Your "chew" on the bridge is really successful
The cart is a gem too!! Looking forward to seeing more.

Happy Modelling, -zon
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Friday, October 07, 2011 - 12:30 PM UTC
Howdy Zon mate thanks man ,,this is a pleasure to build but you aint seen nothing yet ,there's some seriously cool things to hit this yet and i wish the bloody tracks would turn up ,there's one machine i can't wait to build .. Sherman Crab ,,this is going to be kick ass

Phill
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Friday, October 07, 2011 - 03:29 PM UTC
And here we go again ..since i have been up for so long today i've gotten a heap of stuff done ..now its time for the Panther ..its 99% done ..just got to colour the crap all over the tracks so its matching the ground ,,which needs painting to ..so here it is in all its glory ;;;

Better pics to follow when it gets dark ,which is many hours away ,,like 8pm tonight
The next pics will be the bridge and this Panther ..which will be tomorrow if this not sleeping keeps up

Phill
tommy1drop
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 131 posts
Armorama: 116 posts
Posted: Friday, October 07, 2011 - 10:06 PM UTC
I really like the way this is coming along, looking forward to seeing more and i love the way that Panther is looking.

Tom
VLADPANZER
Visit this Community
Lebanon
KitMaker: 568 posts
Armorama: 549 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 09, 2011 - 04:05 AM UTC

Looks like that beast has been through hell!!
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2011 - 07:59 PM UTC
Thanks Tom mate ,,soon theres going to be lots more to look at ,..been nuts for me this week and its not over yet lol ,,, bugger!

Vladimir ,, thanks man ,,i didnt want to make it look to knackered ,,wanted it well used but looked after by its crew ..then that day came ..stuckeded still got to paint the grass and the crap on the tracks to match it all and tone it in ,,once done it will look more natural

Phill
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Friday, October 14, 2011 - 10:57 AM UTC
Hey guys ,,update time .. well the customer i am building this dio for asked me to add a couple more vehicles to this dio and boy they are beauties,, but for all the wrong reasons .. this will test my talent for bringing models back from the dead
The first one is a old Italeri Sherman Kangaroo ..its not pretty at all and it was very badly built ,,i've made a start on it ..cleaning and stripping the hell out of it and now the rebuilding is starting .. i've replaced the gear box cover with a spear from my parts boxes because the original was pocked ,not glued on square so it had to go bye bye ,,heres some pics to show what i'm playing with ..

The new gear box cover in place and drying

Its not pretty but wait and see ,,its gonna turn into a prince instead of a frog
Oh number two i will post some more pics later today .its a little truck ,,old Italeri Chev ,,British one ..don't know the model but i'll find out

Phill
ophelia53
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 254 posts
Armorama: 226 posts
Posted: Friday, October 14, 2011 - 01:33 PM UTC
Hi Phil,
Lookin awesome!!!!
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Friday, October 14, 2011 - 01:54 PM UTC
Hey hey hey .. its the school girl lol ..hope ya tests are going sweet .. and thank you thank you lol ..I know i am that good ..and totally up myself ..i am going to be working on this Kangaroo alot so hope to have some good progress shot of it soon ..not sure why but i enjoy working on models like this even tho it drives me nuts
Decided to put the little truck on hold for a little while .want to work on this thing more ,its cooler ,,cause its got tracks lol

:)
VLADPANZER
Visit this Community
Lebanon
Posted: Saturday, October 15, 2011 - 12:52 AM UTC
More vehicles … u just heightened my interest in this dio!! It already had quite a few so now it has become even more of a challenge! Looking forward to some more …

WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Saturday, October 15, 2011 - 11:33 AM UTC
Hey Vlad ... I got to thinking about the amount of vehicles in this dio ,,happened that my customer had that Kangaroo too , and what i was thinking is that there wasn't enough of them ..to think i have never seen a war time pic of a Bailey bridge thats freshly built without a heap of vehicles waiting to or crossing it with a heap of men following along .
Since this bridge was like only just finished then it makes sense there should be more ..and now there is

Phill
VLADPANZER
Visit this Community
Lebanon
Posted: Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 02:58 AM UTC
That is true, I remember a movie that had such a scene … might have been a bridge too far!!
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 01:58 PM UTC
Ya don't know about the movie Vlad ,,all i remember about that movie was some pretty good special F/X and a stupid mission to start with ..can't remember any movie with bailey bridges being used other than Kelly's Hero's but even then you didnt see much of it ..i've seen plenty in real WW2 footage and i've got plenty of DVD's showing it but hell theres plenty of pics out there so i am working off those for this dio ,,hell just remember the beaches where they landed .now that was a busy place lol

Phill
Magpie
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 653 posts
Armorama: 273 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 10:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Ya don't know about the movie Vlad ,,all i remember about that movie was some pretty good special F/X and a stupid mission to start with

The mission itself, tho ambitious could well have made for a very different outcome form the war had it succeeded and it only narrowly failed to do so.

A large part of the movie does focus around the construction of a Bailey Bridge to replace the one blown up in the face of the 101 Abn at Son. There are several scenes of the fevered activity to build the bridge in the first place and then the massive line of armour et al waiting to cross and then of course the flood gates open once the bridge is complete.
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Monday, October 17, 2011 - 10:21 AM UTC
Scott ... I'll go with that even tho i don't remember it at all ,,been a very long time since i saw that movie .. might have to get my hands on it again and refresh the ol brain box ,,its got me thinking now ..so yep i'll get a copy this week .

Now its update time ..been slowly working on the Kangaroo with a driver and passenger ,,
Started with some dude from my parts box

And after some cutting and sorting it turned into this

Threw some paint at it and now it looks like this ..its not fantastic mainly cause you can't see much of him once he's in place .

After a huge amount of test fitting he's now in place with his mate .

The young American chap sitting beside him is catching a lift .
But thats it for now ..more to follow soon

Phill
zontar
Visit this Community
Hawaii, United States
KitMaker: 1,646 posts
Armorama: 1,557 posts
Posted: Monday, October 17, 2011 - 11:48 AM UTC
Phill: Looking good. The driver looks really angry. Maybe the other guy has just told him he's dating his sister...

Happy Modelling, -zon
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Monday, October 17, 2011 - 04:09 PM UTC
Hey ya Zon .. ya dont know why he's pissed lol ..could be something his passenger said or the vehicle he's driving or he's just having one of those days .. either way he's bloody near invisible anyway ,,hell that might be reason lol

Phill
VLADPANZER
Visit this Community
Lebanon
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2011 - 03:37 AM UTC
Nice job on the figs. Maybe the guy in front of him cut the queue, that’s why he is pissed!

Keep the updates coming!
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 07:14 PM UTC
Hey Vlad .. ya could be one of many things as to why he's pissed off but that lets the mind fly with ideas as to why
Have done some pretty major changes to the Kangaroo ..like replaced the entire upper hull with a new one ..the old one was to knackered .needs a heap of work to look clean and well built ..save it for a wrecked vehicle or abandoned ..either way nasty as it is it will work for these ideas .. pics to follow once i've done some more to it ,,so couple of days and then you'll see what i've been up to. also some updates with the dio .

Phill
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 - 04:58 PM UTC
Righto then its update time .. ok ,,there's gonna be alot of pics in this post ,,been busy let the pics begin .. heres what i have been up to with the Kangaroo .oh you'll notice its got new tracks ..AFV Club T-48 track .. very nice ..bugger thing is they come apart very easy .. handle with care

Didnt like the stowage bins on the rear so i replaced them

And the mount for the machine gun too

Now for the machine gun ..used some good stuff here .. the pics speck for themselves

Now for the dio base ..haven't done a huge amount on that but thats gonna change ,,been cutting and building the track marks on the ground ,,this is not dry yet so forgive the wet look .

Many more to follow

Phill
rodrigo_sartori
Visit this Community
Sao Paulo, Brazil
KitMaker: 160 posts
Armorama: 159 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 04:34 AM UTC
Very nice work, I'll keep watching.

Regards,
Rodrigo