Looking great Phill!! Keep at it.

Happy Modeling, -zon
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,716 posts
Armorama: 1,638 posts
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2012 - 05:57 PM UTC
Thanks Zon mate .. its coming alone huh? which is one aspect of this dio i am loving ..its not taking yrs for things to happen .. that alone is making this one a true joy to build

Phill
Tanksami
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 1,314 posts
Armorama: 1,217 posts
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2012 - 06:05 PM UTC
Hi Phil,

It is looking great can't wait to see how she looks with all the PE chains on it, nice & mean I'm thinking!!

Mike
ophelia53
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 254 posts
Armorama: 226 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 11:26 AM UTC
Phil!!!
This is looking awesome! Sorry I have not been keeping up, life got super busy for a while, but have been getting updates and been watching. Very exciting! Your work is fantastic. How have you been?

Brandi
rodrigo_sartori
Visit this Community
Sao Paulo, Brazil
KitMaker: 160 posts
Armorama: 159 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 02:15 PM UTC
Hi Phill!

I really liked the trees. They are very realistic!

I'll keep following this.

Hug
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 05:47 PM UTC
Mike it easy has hell for you to say how good the drum will look with all of its chains .but you aint driving ya self nuts doing it is ya ,,i would call that lucky
Have to admit tho it is really going to make this thing look good , with the weather being so nice outside right now ,,ie pissing down with rain to the point my front lawn looks like a lake , i'll be paying some attention to that tonight ,wait and see matey

BRANDI!!!!! holy crap !!!damn girl i thought you had left us fellas ..damn glad to see you back and thank you lol
Ya i think life getting super busy is an understatement hell it has been ages but glad we'll hopefully get to see more of your dio soon ,,that was coming along nicely ,as for health we aint going there .. been pretty normal for me ,,ie sick but since i changed tablets things are really looking up ,,so this is the plan for tomorrow ..paint my PAK43 for the Art of the Battlefield campaign , mask up The Beast ready for painting and do more work on Crossing the gap .. not sure if you saw The Beast but the building was finished a little while ago and trust me ..its big ,bad and brutal just the way i like it

Rodrigo ,,Thank you mate thats the first tree i ever made ,,glad it turned out so good ,gives me heaps of confidence to try others now .

Phill
Tanksami
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 10:39 PM UTC
Hey Phil,

It's even easier to say this side of the Tasman lol, I can bet be as fiddle as hell & then some!!!! I await your next installment & progress report on your mental well being after doing it lol

Good luck & will continue to Bo peep !!
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 09:55 AM UTC
Mike ya it is to easy from over there matey but i did make a start on the drum last night and got all the chain mounts mounted and alined ,,today some point i'll start on the what seems like one million small pieces of PE which the chains mount too .
Oh that will drive me nuts
Tanksami
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 10:58 AM UTC
Phil mate good luck with that I'd already be pulling my hair out just thinking about it!!! And as I have none already I would wind up looking like the proverbial baby with a potato peeler!!!

WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 11:57 AM UTC
My mate karl has the same amount as you ,,none wish mine grew slower lol
Once i get into the grove i will rip this drum out in no time ,,well alot of time but you know what i mean lol
Right now tho models are slightly on hold for a couple of hours as i am making some replacement gaskets for a customers car , engine replacement ,easy stuff .
Least i did get to paint my Pak43 so thats drying now .

Phill
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 05:44 PM UTC
Welllll its update time again and this pile of pics are of the one thing which has been driving me nuts .. the frail drum .. still got aways to go yet on this part but this thing will look seriously good once its finished ..the painting will be interesting tho

Here's the pics

Phill
Tanksami
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 06:19 PM UTC
Hi Phil,

Looking really good mate can't wait to see all the chains on it!! And with some paint will look even cooler!!!

Mike
ophelia53
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 01:44 AM UTC
Phill,
That looks like it took a very long time to do! It will be great once it's painted. Looking good, sir!
hofpig
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,330 posts
Armorama: 1,017 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 02:21 AM UTC
Phil,

that all looks great. You must have the patience of a saint to even attempt that flail drum. LOL

paul
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 05:04 PM UTC
Hey ya Mike ..ya finally its moving again and with more speed too .. hell wont be long before all the figures start getting worked on and trust me ,,theres heaps of the little buggers

Brandi ... well thank ya mam and your dead right ..took bloody ages to do but the end product is gonna look brilliant and well worth the effort

Paul ,, well patience yes ,,but saint ..oh not sure i would go there but ya you right mate ..steady hand and good music to listen too and it goes pretty well ,the music of choice was System of a down .greatest hits

Next is the chains ..i think some trance will work best for that

Phill
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 09:58 PM UTC
Well guys i'm back again and with progress too .. the frail drum is done .. well putting the thing together is done ..painting is still gonna be fun ,,all i can say is thank god for air brushes .
So here's the pics of the thing which drove me nuts ,,,

First off tho i had to come up with and idea to make it easier to work with the balls and chains ,, double sided tape on a stainless steel ruler and its sorted

Then the mounting began ..ok this part sucked ..so slow and boring but i got there in the end .

Only a few more things to do on the frail and it will be ready for painting , just got to build the crew for it at the same time as banging on the little bits

The next series of pics will the the frail building totally done .

Phill
ophelia53
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
Posted: Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 01:12 AM UTC
Phill! That looks amazing! Gonna be super fun to paint, huh?
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2012 - 08:09 AM UTC
Brandi ... already came up with an idea on how to paint those chains so its gonna be dead easy
Doing an engine replacement on a car today so theres not much chance of doing any model work today and tomorrow i finally got to mount a tow bar on my car ,,no choice now bugger ,this aint no 5 minute job ,bloody wish it was

Phill
zontar
Visit this Community
Hawaii, United States
KitMaker: 1,646 posts
Armorama: 1,557 posts
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2012 - 08:14 AM UTC
Phill: great work on the frail! Enjoy shooting paint on that thing.

Happy Modeling, -zon
kiweed420
Visit this Community
Hamilton, New Zealand
KitMaker: 21 posts
Armorama: 19 posts
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2012 - 10:06 AM UTC
Hi Phill, I echo Zon and great work on the frail...my wife saw a pic and asked "whats that" to which i replied "its a flail" Yeah so nice fRail lol
p.s go kiwis =p
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2012 - 03:02 PM UTC
Aaron ,, LOL ohh crap man ,,now that you showed it i have been calling this bloody thing a frail ,,should be flail ..doing to much these days ..damn i need a holiday
So to fix this problem from now on its a crab lol

Phill
VLADPANZER
Visit this Community
Lebanon
KitMaker: 568 posts
Armorama: 549 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 31, 2012 - 07:05 AM UTC

Hi,

Great progress you have been doing, can’t wait to see the mine clearing Sherman (don’t know the name) finished.

Regards,
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2012 - 08:21 PM UTC
Hey guys ,, Well i have a small update for ya but no pics .. my net is slower than a snail going backwards so i can't upload anything but i will be soon ..so keep an eye out there's gonna be more .

Vlad ,, thanks man the Flail is what its called and for ages i have been calling it a Frail bloody hands working faster than my brain again ,,thats age for ya .

Phill
ahandykindaguy
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,295 posts
Armorama: 1,191 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 07:51 AM UTC
Hey Phil great job on the flail! Now that you have it together you may wish you had painted the flails prior to assembly. I sure that they won't flail around too much when you airbrush them. I feel like flailing around right now after reading my message! That's a lot of flail! Have you ever tried a flail fish sandwich?

Lol

Great concentration was needed to do that work, and for that I commend you.

Dave
Tanksami
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 11:12 AM UTC
G'day Phil,

How go things back home?? The flail is looking cool be great to see her under some paint. Keep up the great work

Cheers Mike