Posted: Saturday, November 12, 2011 - 03:44 PM UTC
Ah! Ok. Thanks
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,716 posts
Armorama: 1,638 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2011 - 07:30 PM UTC
Allo guys ,,, been very little work on the dio as of late ..been pretty damn sick and sleeping alot .. but i did manage to do some more work on the kangaroo and now its pretty much ready for some paint and then more detailing ..its turning out pretty good so far ,,heres some pics of it .

The next update will be on the M4A3 Calliope which i now have to slightly pull to bits but its for a good cause lol

Phill

ophelia53
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 254 posts
Armorama: 226 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2011 - 02:17 AM UTC
Hi Phil, sorry to hear you're not feeling well, but at least you're getting some rest. The little dudes look amazing, you have mad skills! Also, the PE parts on that gun look like they were fun to work with...came out really, really nicely. This is shaping up beautifully!!!!
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2011 - 05:56 PM UTC
Thanks Brandi .. feeling a whole heap better now ..still no idea what it was but i know theres a nasty virus going around ..might have been that ..but never mind ..did some work today on the Calliope ..many many many thanks to Frenchy for the pics he found ..the info was exactly what i needed ..now the firing cables of the tubes are done and looking sweet .theres still a heap to go on this puppy but the end result is gonna be more than worth it .it shows just how much detail is missing from many models when you see this one . more pics to follow soon

Phill
zontar
Visit this Community
Hawaii, United States
KitMaker: 1,646 posts
Armorama: 1,557 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2011 - 02:08 PM UTC
Phill: glad you're back at it. Looking good.

Happy Modelling, -zon
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Monday, December 05, 2011 - 10:37 AM UTC
Hey Zon .. Ya mate been either sick or damn busy but slowly takin care of this dio and heres some more pics of what i have been up to lately ,The work so far on the M4 Calliope .man this has been some long drawn out boring work on this thing so far but hell its been worth it .

The top off a Milo tin

Then cut into a 1mm wide strip

And then stuck onto the rocket tubes to made then look like steel strapping

The new ariel mount

The RB Barrel to replace the terrible kit one ..this is so nice

Now for the wiring harness to the rocket tubes ..god there was alot of wire work here and its not over yet

Thats it for now ...

Phill

zontar
Visit this Community
Hawaii, United States
Posted: Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 03:19 AM UTC
Phill: great work!! How do you keep your sanity, or do you

Happy Modelling, -zon
ophelia53
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 254 posts
Armorama: 226 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 08:03 AM UTC
hey Phill...sheez a lot of little annoying crap to make you need a few beers!!! totally looks awesome, though. Good thinking with the metal straps from the tin...really good idea.lookin good!!
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 12:27 PM UTC
Zon ,,Sanity ???? what the hell is that ???? oh i lost that yrs ago and thanks man ,,least this one is starting to look pretty sweet

Brandi .. I couldn't agree with you more and as for beers ,, well i gave up drinking yrs ago but a nice ice cold mango and orange works realllll nice and annoying crap is the prefect way to describe this ..,,ok think this over ... 60 tubes .. 120 small 1mm wide pieces of plastic . wire pieces .. i lost count lol .. and i have only one person to thank for all this annoying crap ,,my mate Frenchy he found me a brilliant build this chap was doing and if it wasn't for that this model would look nasty as hell lol ..

Will be more to follow soon

Phill
KissMeKate
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 19 posts
Armorama: 14 posts
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2011 - 08:18 AM UTC
love the creek bed. looks spot on.
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2011 - 03:47 PM UTC
Thank ya Kathy first time i have built a creek that size . normally much narrower ,,still some work to do on it yet .. got to add some waves ,,well ripples where the water is hitting the wagon and trunks and the rest .. this will be the very first time i have done this tho .. oh well first time for everything

Phill
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 06:42 AM UTC
Hey guys .. Well with xmas now being over and the craziness heading south time is now getting to be more mine so its back to the dio in a little bit ..i have done a fare bit more work on the M4 Calliope ..more pics to follow soon .once i find where my camera went
Been building more men for this dio as well .. there's going to be a few in this one but every one is needed and will tie in very nicely . right the next update will include pics .promise

Phill
BLACKWATER
Visit this Community
Yunnan, China / 简体
KitMaker: 449 posts
Armorama: 441 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 11:05 PM UTC
Hi Phill
Beautiful work, is impressive. Look forward to more progress.

Cheer
blackwater
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2012 - 11:54 AM UTC
Blackwater ,, Thanks for that mate ,, feel honored to have coming from you seen your work and dude its amazing .can't wait to see more of your work .

Now its a update time .. got some pics of what i have been up too,, there will be more later tonight ..now for some of the fiddly things ,

Had to make two ramp supports as the kit didn't have them .all the pics of the real bridge had these and nothing like what the kit used .

Now this part annoyed me ,,never liked it ..its the shock ( i think ) from the support of the rocket racks . so i changed it

and now with a new spring

,thats ir for now ..there is gonna be a few more tonight

Phill

WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2012 - 09:44 PM UTC
Well tonight is here and here's the other pics i said i would put up ,, shows what i got up to later today ,,
First off I finished the ramp supports and mounted them ,, will tie them into the base tomorrow at some point .easy stuff there

Now these frames help to keep the bridges feet in place ..again something else the kit didn't include , easy as hell to make .

And now some pics of the bridge reading for its final weathering and washes ..oil stains and the life , again will do some for that tomorrow

Oh one other thing ,, a pile of wood left behind by the bridge builders .again its gonna be weathered and washed tomorrow

Phill
zontar
Visit this Community
Hawaii, United States
Posted: Monday, January 09, 2012 - 03:37 PM UTC
Very nice Phill! Good to see some updates on this. On a couple of shots I had to do a double-take. Couldn't believe some of that big white plastic mixed in with a real bridge!

Happy Modelling, -zon
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 09:39 AM UTC
Zon .. ya its coming along nicely ..still waiting on a set of tracks for tank no 3 which will be the center piece for the dio .. a Sherman frail has a habit of doing that i think lol .
keep watching ..more to follow soon .

Phill
VLADPANZER
Visit this Community
Lebanon
KitMaker: 568 posts
Armorama: 549 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 10:31 PM UTC
Glad to see some progress on this one, the extras you are adding are fantastic!
keep em comin …

Regards,
C[ ]
Removed by original poster on 01/14/12 - 01:55:00 (GMT).
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2012 - 09:48 AM UTC
Vlad mate , thanks for that ,,its starting to come along again .there's gonna be more pics soon .just having a little break at the mo .thinking of a couple of ideas for this dio .
Of course you know me so not telling
Can tell you one thing tho ..will be using ModelKasten tracks for the Sherman crab ..this will be a first for me lol .

More updates soon

Phill
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2012 - 01:45 PM UTC
Been a little while so here's what i have been up to lately .
First off a tree .. well the beginnings of one anyway ..first one i have ever made by hand .
Started with 25mm balsa rod . then cut it to shape with a knife and then filed it with a rasp file to make the bark .

The weapon of choice

Now i still have to wash it and dry brush it to darken it up abit but thats next .
Now for the second thing i have been working on for the AA pit .. 2cm flak model ST5 . don't now of any kits out there for this gun so having to build pretty much the entire thing .
This is what the real thing looks like ..

And what i am building ,,

Will be more coming soon ..work on this gun is moving along nicely now and ya never know it might be totally built tonight .

Phill
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2012 - 08:19 AM UTC
Been at it a bit more and now the gun is ready for painting , turned out pretty good , couldn't get any really good pics of this gun so just made do with what i had , so here's the pics ,,,

Next will be the tree .. this could be good or bad

Phill
zontar
Visit this Community
Hawaii, United States
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2012 - 10:00 AM UTC
Some sweet looking AA there, Phill!!

Happy Modelling, -zon
gremlinz
Visit this Community
Hamilton, New Zealand
KitMaker: 795 posts
Armorama: 743 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 01:39 AM UTC
Looks good Phill. Pity I didn't see this update a bit sooner, I have around two dozen or so photos of that piece including some quite good close shots that probably would have helped you out. But came out pretty damn good.
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 01:27 PM UTC
Hey ya Dean mate .. thanks for the nice nice dude ,,I'm pretty happy with how this turned out ,, If ya wouldn't mind i wouldn't say no to copies of those pics you have ,ya never know i might build another one just cause these look pretty damn cool .
As i bet you have, i have seen many many 2cm flak guns in dios but when i saw this one in a static mount instead of on a ship ,,that got the ol mind working ., ya pretty chuffed with the result

Phill