Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Get 'er Done Mk3
Dragon164
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,909 posts
Armorama: 1,066 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 23, 2012 - 01:05 PM UTC
These are the kits I would like to finish for the campaign.

Cheers Rob.

Tamiya Verlinden M163

Italeri Verlinden M110A2

Italeri Marder III

Dragon M1A1 with Mine Plough

PS these have all been sitting for over 20 years.
heliman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 702 posts
Armorama: 604 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 23, 2012 - 01:45 PM UTC
welcome aboard Rob- be sure to enlist! I really like the M110, always wanted one for the shelf!

Jeff
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 6,188 posts
Armorama: 5,960 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 24, 2012 - 09:10 AM UTC
Now I know why I bailed on this particular build. The instructions, the parts marking and identification, and all that flashing ...

... it all came flooding back into my memory banks as I re-started working on this unusual kit. Yes, it is motorized but that's not why I selected it by no means.

But I will install all the garbage just the same as no batteries will be hooked up to it. I just thought the novelty would be fun but it's not all that. I do think the AURORA kits are miles ahead of what Lindberg had to offer.

So, Friends don't let Friends buy or build Lindberg kits.

~ Jeff
Dragon164
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,909 posts
Armorama: 1,066 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 24, 2012 - 12:22 PM UTC
Thanks Jeff B!
I had already enlisted.

Jeff S,
I have good memories of a Lindberg Flower Class Corvette I built many moons ago so they are not all bad.

Cheers Rob.
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Sunday, June 24, 2012 - 12:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Jeff S,
I have good memories of a Lindberg Flower Class Corvette I built many moons ago so they are not all bad.

Cheers Rob.

Oh sure, roger that too!

I don't mind eating at Work-Au-Rants either but I'd rather be waited on instead. I'm just glad I'm making progress!

~ Jeff
imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
KitMaker: 1,654 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 24, 2012 - 01:19 PM UTC
Gonna rain all day tomorrow,should be able to get some work done on my build.
Jeff S. Good luck with your build.Looks like we have about the same amount of work to do. J.T.
markchis
Visit this Community
Kuwait / لعربية
KitMaker: 467 posts
Armorama: 392 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 24, 2012 - 06:59 PM UTC

how does it go again.. oh yeah

eeny meeny miny mo...

hmmm really want to finish my stummel and the t-62
Apistofreak
Visit this Community
Tasmania, Australia
KitMaker: 34 posts
Armorama: 17 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 24, 2012 - 10:12 PM UTC
Wow, an interesting array of kits on the go. Love the dinos (an area I've always wanted to model into).

After clicking the enlist button here's my 2 entries
First is a Tasca Firefly, been sitting on my shelf for nearly 18 months. As you can see hull is mostly done.

Second a not quite so old Dragon Panzerjager I (early) only been shelf queening about 6 months (Havn't touched since I moved in early December)

Again hull is mostley done on this kit as well.

PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Sunday, June 24, 2012 - 10:43 PM UTC
Those are 2 very nice kits Ash, especially the Sherman.

I have a Sherman sitting/waiting to be finished as well but have never built a Firefly before.

~ Jeff
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2012 - 09:57 AM UTC
@ Mark
Hope you decide to finish that Stummel. Always like the look of that vehicle.

@ Ash
Nice selection I especially like the panzerjager I. I like all the PZ variants and this seems to be a very complete kit. Looking forward to seeing that one finished.

I have a little update as well. As I said earlier I became very annoyed by the lame tarp thing on the back of the vehicle that Wespe provided. So I decided to scratchbuilt something to replace it. This is what I came up with. It will not win beautycontests as it will be covered but it will look a gazzillion times better.

And here it is on the model. I also worked on the leather seats to make them look old and used. With a lot of scuffing and damages to the edges.

A lot of pictures for an update in which not so much happened but I like to make enough pics. Next up will finally be the flinging of pigments. So the next update will also be the last for this vehicle.

Looking forward to any feedback.
SaxonTheShiba
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,233 posts
Armorama: 557 posts
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2012 - 11:19 AM UTC
Did some more work on the Leopard 2A6. Got the Hobbyboss 120mm installed since the Revell of Germany 120mm is nowhere to be found. Also scratchbuilt new smoke discharger mounts and configured them in the newer six-over-two set up for a late model -2A6. Once I get the second turret bustle built I should be ready to primer. Looks like everyone is making great progress on their projects............great looking models so far. Plus we all can get our stacks thinned down to make room for some more models. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best wishes, Ian

PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 - 08:31 PM UTC
Getting there.

~ Jeff
imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 - 12:01 PM UTC
Jeff S. nice work Buddy,How did you manage to down load your pics?I can't get any new pics into my gallery.Jeff T.
SaxonTheShiba
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 - 01:10 PM UTC
Jeff S..............looks good!!

Regards, Ian

PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 - 07:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Regards, Ian

Well, thanks Ian! I'm glad someone recognized it. It ain't pretty but it sure is a lot of work, cleaning off all the flash and sanding.

It's ready for some paint and maybe some special markings? I don't know yet. This Campaign fell together rather quickly so I'd like to put a little extra effort into it.

~ Jeff
GaryKato
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,694 posts
Armorama: 2,693 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2012 - 01:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Jeff S. nice work Buddy,How did you manage to down load your pics?I can't get any new pics into my gallery.Jeff T.

The gallery does seem to be having troubles. I couldn't upload just now.
SaxonTheShiba
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2012 - 11:44 AM UTC
Jeff S.------------I bet you got your hands full with that one. It's progressing well though. You gonna do the Tiger paint scheme from the Korean War?

Ian

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Regards, Ian

Well, thanks Ian! I'm glad someone recognized it. It ain't pretty but it sure is a lot of work, cleaning off all the flash and sanding.

It's ready for some paint and maybe some special markings? I don't know yet. This Campaign fell together rather quickly so I'd like to put a little extra effort into it.

~ Jeff

Bluestab
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,160 posts
Armorama: 1,906 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2012 - 04:04 PM UTC
Okay when I last left off I had put the tracks on. The next logical step is to mount the fenders. Pretty straight forward.

I turned my attentions to the rear. I used some styrene strips to make a simple stowage rack. I mounted three Jerry Cans on the armored smoke dispensor box. Though not pictured, I used strips of styrene for the can holder and attached it to the rack.

I played around with a few ideas for hanging extra track. I decided to mount a run on the front. Instead of using the kit's leftover Magic Track Links, I dug out some unused tracks from Dragon's old StuG III Ausf. A. They have the hollowed out guide teeth like the Magic Tracks. Between the leftovers here and two other StuG kits, I have a whole set of Magic Tracks to use. The bar to hold the track to the front is our friend...a strip of styrene.

I zoomed forward a bit. Tools are on the fenders and racks have been painted. The kit is basically done. I may mess with it some more before uploading a finished picture in the campaign gallery.

There's still room for more work. And I left it open to allow for some changes or additions later on. My main goal was to get it out of the stash and up on the shelf.

Anyway, that's one off the finish-it list.
imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2012 - 08:33 PM UTC
Alex,Looks great,man.I like the tracks on the front.Jeff T.
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2012 - 08:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Jeff S.------------I bet you got your hands full with that one. It's progressing well though. You gonna do the Tiger paint scheme from the Korean War?

Regards, Ian

I don't know yet Ian, one of the decal versions in the instruction sheet (which I didn't get) was this wimpy looking Tiger Teeth type of generic image I may attempt to paint on. Haven't decided yet but this is much larger at 1/32nd than our regular scale is.

But, in the meantime I shot a quick coat of cover paint, then some black then the final color.

We'll see what it looks with the final paint on it first.

~ Jeff
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2012 - 11:17 PM UTC
Hi Robert,

Another excellent finish and a good range of projects to work on.

Lots of interesting stuff going on here guys.

My progress so far.

Al

FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, July 01, 2012 - 04:43 AM UTC
@ Alex
Nice job on the Stug. Bit clean but a very nice paintjob. Great job

@ Jeff
Nice looking basecoat. Looking forward to the weathering.

@ Alan.
Not yet finished in that last run of pics but getting there. Check out the update below. Now she is finished.
Awesome work on that Churchill. Lots of paintwork with that interior but it will looks stunning once everything got their own color.

Okeydokey. I finished the mongrel. The first vehicle for me for this campaign. The Steyr 250. All the pigments have been flung and I started on a bit of groundwork (no pics of that yet). Here are the final vehicle pics.

Well That is it for no concerning this vehicle. The dio will come later in another topic. Up to the next vehicle. The Panhard 187

With friendly greetz

Robert Blokker
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Sunday, July 01, 2012 - 05:14 AM UTC
I love that Steyr 250! Where in the heck do you find all these "charming" little vehicles at? Are they all 1/72 for I would love to have a few of the kits you seem to be deep into!

Oh, and nice work too. That's what makes it look so good too! I recently have discovered I like some wheeled vehicles and a few of these cars are just a gotta have model.

~ Jeff
imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
Posted: Sunday, July 01, 2012 - 07:10 AM UTC
Robert...Looks fantastic,a big change for the better.The seats came out really nicely Jeff T.
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, July 01, 2012 - 08:29 AM UTC
@ Jeff
I'm glad you like the endresult. I love the obscure vehicles that you don't see built very often. And I spend a lot of time tracking down kits of these vehicles. This means I often end up with the exotic brands. I have a lot of vehicles like this in my stash. All in the scale 1:35. 1:72 is too small for me. If you want to built vehicles like this... jumpstart Ebay and go hunting. The chase is always fun and you can score some pretty good deals. And with that some challenges as not all kits are equally brilliant.

@ Jeff T.
Thanks for the compliments. I have to tell you that I like the seats as well. I have searched long for the right techniques for replicating old leather and I think I have landed on quite a good recipe.

Well that's that for now... Off to model 2. The Panhard. Update will follow soon.