Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Get 'er Done Mk3
iakarch
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 459 posts
Armorama: 421 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 10:55 PM UTC
Jeff T.,

It all came in the box, a really big box! I have some Aber photoetch for the exterior but all the rest is included.
iakarch
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 459 posts
Armorama: 421 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 09:55 AM UTC
Jeff, I think the only thing missing is fibers caught in the tracks from deep shag carpet! only joking, but seriously, great job for such a vintage kit, please show more about how it works mechanically. It looks interesting.

Quoted Text

What? No comments, constructive hints or help? What's needed ~ what's not needed on the M-46?

I tried to get away from the "factory fresh look" and besides the need of removing the 'extra' globs of pigment what do we see here to go the next step?

I usually don't take this step but I have some of those materials, plus 'others' here so why not try my hand at it. I usually just apply a black or gray wash and seal it but want something different.

It's a far cry from some of the magnificent work here but I need to learn and perform while I'm here or I'm just wasting my time. Anyone can build (well, almost anyone ) so what fun is it to just paint it and be below standard looking?

~ Jeff

imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
KitMaker: 1,654 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 11:16 AM UTC
Jeff S...I will help you if you would like.I'm not the best weatherer in the world but what I do makes me happy.
Lets take the first step,I know you have some pigments,and you mentioned"other stuff".Just what is that other stuff?Jeff T.
heliman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 702 posts
Armorama: 604 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 12:30 PM UTC
I 've finally made some progress on my build. The ball/chain armor is very time consuming, but the results are pretty good. I chose to scrap the PE w/ the 2D chain.

The chain is from verlinden, the balls r from straight pins.I guess they look slightly overscale, but something I can live with!

Here's a few pics

Oops one fell off during the photo shoot..

imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 10:15 PM UTC
JB... Nice work with "the old ball and chain" It was a good choice to go with real chain.
Progress is being made on the Sheridan.I had a really hard time figuring out the placment of the upper armor plate for the MG.I had to add some plastic sheet to some of the parts to make them look right and as you can see,they required a lot of filling and sanding

This is what I came up with,I think it looks alright

And got everything primed
That's all for now.Don't know how much I will get done today as I got a call last night from our Son that the exhaust pipe on His truck "just fell off,Dad" Ah the joys of youth Jeff T.
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 6,188 posts
Armorama: 5,960 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 10:20 PM UTC
Dad never fixed my cars, instead he would just hand me the tools and say "Get at it".

Best solution to that problem as I learned more that way.

~ Jeff
imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 11:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Dad never fixed my cars, instead he would just hand me the tools and say "Get at it".

Best solution to that problem as I learned more that way.

~ Jeff

I agree,He will help,oh yes,He will help He has to work today,so the least old Dad can do is round up some parts for Him so we can be ready to go later in the day.Jeff T.

FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 12:22 AM UTC
Ola Guys

Some very impressive work is shown here. I like it a lot

@ Paul
That wash and mud stuff is interesting. I know a shop here close to where I live that sells this warhammer paint might have to walk in there to see if they have these jars. It looks very good on your Jagdpanther.

@ John
What a turnaround for that Sherman. Colors look beautiful and the decals are looking the part as well. This should become a stunner when you finish weathering.

@ Alan
That is a great looking engine block this churchill is getting better and better.

@ Marc.
Pitty you still haven't found the steeringwheel. But the work so far looks very good. You certainly get the best out of this oldy from Mr T

@ Guy
I'll definately be following this built. I have bought the older version of this kit with a partially built interior from Jaguar that I plan to built as a wreck.

@ Jeff T
That Sheridan is coming together nicely man. I like it Those gunshields around the MG also look pretty cool.

@ Jeff S
Some kits are not the easiest and can drive you nuts. Had a few of those as well in the past. But the reward is so much greater when you manage to finish it in a great way. You are well on your way already.

@ Irvin
Is this the 1:16 KT? It looks pretty good so far. looking forward to seeing it finished. It is a big beast that's for sure.

@ Jeff B (lots of Jeffs in this thread)
Inventive solution to the ball and chain armor. Looks very good. Well worth all the work you put in.

Ok I have also a little update. Which very honestly does not directly belongs to the Steyr but since it is in the same dio I think it is alright.
The first figure is nearing completion. Only some detail painting and the pants need some matt coating and then it is off to the other 6 figs and the goat.

More to come. Also from the other vehicles I selected for this campaign
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 12:57 AM UTC
Robert, there are some who can paint figures and then there are those that can CREATE figures.

Yours look exceptional!

~ Jeff
erhntly
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,426 posts
Armorama: 464 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2012 - 01:07 AM UTC
Hi dear friends,

Last year, I started two T-55... PST/T-55 and ACE/Enigma..
( http://miniafv.blogspot.com/p/ace-172-t-55-enigma-pst-172-t-55.html )

PST T-55 has been completed,(for "Eastern European" campaign)
But ACE Enigma not completed. I think, complete in this campaign.

PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2012 - 01:33 AM UTC
I love the Enigma, that and the slat armored T-62.

Yours is looking good!

~ Jeff
Naseby
Visit this Community
Slovakia
KitMaker: 825 posts
Armorama: 246 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2012 - 05:00 AM UTC
Wow, a lot is going on already, I see its time for me do to some work as well. I took the Kfz.7 apart and started to clean the parts for a better alignment. Nothing realy interesting so far. Im happy that the damage made by the "demontage" is minimum.

Dragon164
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,909 posts
Armorama: 1,066 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2012 - 10:03 AM UTC
Guys,
No matter how many times I subscribe to this thread I don`t get any updates.

Anyway should get some work done on mine this weekend.

Cheers Rob.
shorty53
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 175 posts
Armorama: 72 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2012 - 06:56 PM UTC
An update on my MiniArt T-70 M. Have almost completed the figures & have started on a small base.

PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2012 - 08:15 PM UTC
Looks great John!

Now I want a T-70. What paint plans do you have?

~ Jeff
shorty53
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 175 posts
Armorama: 72 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2012 - 11:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks great John!

Now I want a T-70. What paint plans do you have?

Thanks Jeff. It will just boring old green sorry.
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2012 - 12:12 AM UTC
@ Jeff
Thanks for the compliment on the figure. Too much honor really. Just dabbling along as good as I can. Wish I was a bit faster as a modeler/painter. I tend to do everything extremely slow. Went a bit further on this figure again but I think I will post a new update once he is finished the differences between updates are not that impressive otherwise I think.

@ Erhan
Cool vehicles. Looking forward to the endresult. Modern normally not my cup of tea but a few years back when i visited Bovington Tank Museum I saw an Enigma in real and it is quite an impressive beast.

@ Naseby
Is that a 1:72 vehicle? Sometimes starting all over is the best thing. Looking forward to the endresult.

@ John
That is a cool kit. Built that a few years back when it was just released. I love it. Your figures look pretty good. Looking forward to your work on the tank. Nice green is not ugly

FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2012 - 10:05 PM UTC
Ok update time

Figure is pretty much finished. Only thing needed is some parts to be matt lacquered but that's about it. Onto the next 6 figs

And some details

Looking forward to any feedback.

With friendly greetz

Robert Blokker
imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - 10:22 AM UTC
Erhan... Nice choice to bring out of the stash.Like Jeff S.,I have always liked the Enigma.
Naseby... Great work on the "demo" job.When I try to do that everything breaks
John... Great figures.I hope those guys are good friends,cause that tank is REAL small
Robert... Thanks for the detail shots of your figure.They only show what a truly fine job you did.Jeff T.
imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - 10:36 AM UTC
And here's My update on the Sheridan.
Got the roadwheels painted
Friul sprockets and idlers assembled and painted,also assembled the roadwheels
And got some color on the lower hull
Doesn't look like much but,the wheels and sprockets have three colors on them.Starting the tracks tomorrow.My first set of Friuls,should be interesting.Jeff T.
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - 11:20 AM UTC
Looks good Jeff.

The Sheridan... one of my favorite AFV's!

~ Jeff
majjanelson
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,355 posts
Armorama: 979 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - 03:40 PM UTC
This is my entry. It's one of the Initial Production Tiger Ia in the DML Panzer Korps #40, this one is specifically for s. Pz. Abt. 501 "243", which was near Tunis in the fall of '41.

I've painted and stripped this little guys a couple times already, so hopefully three-times will be the charm. I've added details with brass tubing and extra PE fret, copper wire for hatch handles, along with stretched styrene tubing to make the hull & coax MGs plus the smoke dischargers. I sawed a groove to replicate the double roadwheels that wre molded as double thick. I also cut some PE mesh from a NASCAR detail set into engine deck screens.

This is how the parts looked over a year ago when I started:

zontar
Visit this Community
Hawaii, United States
KitMaker: 1,646 posts
Armorama: 1,557 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - 03:53 PM UTC
Jeff T: Nice work on the Sheridan. Gun shields came out well. How has the kit been? I've been thinking about that one.

Jeff: Nice work on the Tiger? What scale is it?

Happy Modeling, -zon
Charlie-66
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 771 posts
Armorama: 750 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - 05:00 PM UTC
Lots of great work showing up here!
Rob; I wish I could paint figures like that.
John; I really need to get that T-70, looks like a great kit!

I finished assembly on my JagdTiger and shot the base coat of dark yellow. The tracks are also painted with their base coat. I'm hoping to get them on this weekend.

Forgive the crummy photography. I had to take them quickly at lunch today.
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - 07:22 PM UTC
@ Jeff T
Thanks for the compliments. Actually it is easier then it looks. Once you get the hang of it. Spend nearly a week painting this figure trying out a lot of things. Second figure is already half finished with 2 evenings of painting time. Check out update Below.

Your sheridan starts to look good as well. Nice solid base to continue working on. I like it. Looking forward to the next installments.

@ Jeff ( another Jeff in this thread to make matters easier )
Is that one of those 1:144 tanks? I have never seen pictures of those let alone in real life but that thing must be tiny. Better built it with the windows closed.

@ Guy
Thanks for the kind words. But believe me you can do this too. It is not that hard. But you have to take your time. Built up the colors, thin your paint good and use very small brushes. I'm still lucky enough I can do this by eyesight but even with stuff like optivisors it is very doable.

Bit of update on figure 2. The Machine gunner. 2 evenings into the job and he is pretty much half finished. Some personal kit, his pants and the boots need to be painted.

As usual looking forward to any feedback.

Robert