_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Warrior WRAP 2.
Keef1648
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,240 posts
Armorama: 1,192 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2012 - 08:10 AM UTC
Yes I know this has been covered before but I thought I might throw this in while paint dries on my other two subjects

Warrior WRAP 2 conversion.

The Warrior TES Version, WRAP 2 (Warrior Additional Protection) armour package.
This is a mixture of ERA and bar armour and provides a high level of protection through 360°.
A mine protection and anti IED package has also been fitted.

Other Warrior IFV enhancements include wire cutters, protected turret sights, lateral protection for commander and gunner, enhanced driver's vision, driver's screen, drinking water cooling and Environmental Cooling Unit (ECU) for both the driver and the whole vehicle.

As you can see above, the front end slat armor has been modified, newer sensor boxes, wire cutter repositioned and armoured glass windows added to the side of the turret.

I 'may' add the glass turret windows as it seems reletively simple.

Keith.
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2012 - 08:22 AM UTC
This is going to be good. Will subscribe to the topic.

Mario
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2012 - 11:25 PM UTC
I have wanted to build this Warrior conversion ever since it was released but until a couple of weeks ago never bought the Cromwell item.

I already had the donor Warrior kit in my stash along with two more that were partially used for other conversions.
One for the Warrior MCRV and the other, the Warrior 'enhanced armour' (slats) with a full interior conversion. All three conversions available from Accurate Armour.

I would also like to point to this wonderful build by Andy Mitchell, which I refer to often for guidance.

http://www.militarymodelling.com/forums/postings.asp?th=24856

I did purchase Barrel Depot's 30mm Rarden Cannon. But as very little of the tracks will be visible I will not purchase the very expensive Fruil Tracks.

Keith.

mattjack
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 137 posts
Armorama: 109 posts
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 - 08:51 AM UTC
nice work so far hay check my one I did some time ago I hope it will help you with your one https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/153156&ord=&page=1
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 - 11:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

nice work so far hay check my one I did some time ago I hope it will help you with your one https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/153156&ord=&page=1

Yes Matt thanks for the reminder, I did add a couple of comments... Not the quality of your excellent work but to the fact that the Bowman exterior items don't match with the Clansmen Radio suite in the conversion.

AA still don't have that in their product listing.

As you can see, things are still being updated on the Warrior

Keith.
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2012 - 08:15 AM UTC
Sprockets and wheels in place for testing the suspension height.

The majority of the engine and transmission hatch handles are glued in and after shortening the tracks by one link they are test fitted.

Next step is to add the new additional armor supports and then remove the wheels and track for priming and painting along with the lower hull and inside of the armor...

Once that is done they (tracks and wheels) will be put back on and then I can start adding the lower armor, slat support arms and slats.

Keith.
dvarettoni
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 778 posts
Armorama: 763 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2012 - 05:34 PM UTC
Keith looking good are you going to bring it to the weeking this week ?? can;t wait to see this
dave
flugwuzzi
Visit this Community
Lower Austria, Austria
KitMaker: 633 posts
Armorama: 599 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 - 12:08 AM UTC
Very nice work so far.
Good luck with the slats.

cheers
Walter
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 - 12:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Keith looking good are you going to bring it to the weeking this week ?? can;t wait to see this
dave

What so Mike can tear into it? You've gotta be kidding!

Oh OK I guess I can

Keith.
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 - 12:36 AM UTC
I found this link for referencing the WRAP Armor, some great pictures.

It also confirms that various differences can be found on the vehicles as they update them at home and out in the field.

http://s144.photobucket.com/albums/r183/plainmilitary/Warrior%20with%20WRAP2%20Armour/

Keith.
SdAufKla
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 2,238 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 - 07:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

dave

Oh OK I guess I can

Keith.

LOL! Oh you funny man!

Keith, I think the guys who haven't seen the resin (!) slat armor are going to do Cheeta Flips when they get a good looksie!

(BTW: Very impressive mastering work and production standards by your friend form the northern part of the UK.)

It's almost enough to get me to build something made after the discovery of the transistor!

See ya at the meeting!
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, October 08, 2012 - 12:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

dave

Oh OK I guess I can

Keith.

LOL! Oh you funny man!

Keith, I think the guys who haven't seen the resin (!) slat armor are going to do Cheeta Flips when they get a good looksie!

(BTW: Very impressive mastering work and production standards by your friend form the northern part of the UK.)

It's almost enough to get me to build something made after the discovery of the transistor!

See ya at the meeting!

Nice one Mike.

Your correct, the Cromwell stuff has amazing detail, I will bring this as well as the 432 Bulldog Mk.3 with Remote Weapons Station......

Supports for additional armor in place at the front (L and R) and ECM support arms and antennas in place.

Wiring and connectors added under the ECM tables.

I had to remove the guard deflector from the front grills as this seems to be the norm now.

I used some left over photo etched grill mesh to help with detail.

Keith.
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 - 12:00 AM UTC
All primed for painting and as you can see more cable and duct work fitted at the rear of the roof.

The sights now have armored protectors in front of them (measurements supplied in the instructions and cut from clear plastic), the commanders guard is clear and the gunners has a wire mesh front, both have a clear top and wire cutters.
The mesh will be leaned out using an Xacto No.11 blade and pin.

Gentle warming allowed me to contour fit the cable ducts at the rear.

Once I have fitted a few more smaller items and primed them it will be time to give it the first shade of the final color and add the remaining armor, both hard and slats and the tracks..

The sight guards are just placed for the photos and will have to be hand painted and then added later.

All of the tracks, wheels and sprockets have been done and are drying.

Keith.
SdAufKla
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 2,238 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 - 03:00 AM UTC
Amazingly fast progress, Keith!

I'll be looking forward to the next installment.
dvarettoni
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 778 posts
Armorama: 763 posts
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 - 03:21 AM UTC
looking great keith i have a questing dose Cromwell have a website ???
dave
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 - 07:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Amazingly fast progress, Keith!

I'll be looking forward to the next installment.

Slather the parts wiv glue, put them together, dip it in primer and your almost done

But when your left alone in the model haven things can get done Mike.

Keith.

Boris1991
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 307 posts
Armorama: 278 posts
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 - 07:49 AM UTC
Very nice build! you dont see those builds much.
Whats your overall impression of the Cromwell set?
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 - 07:52 AM UTC
Wish I had caught this one from the beginning. Certainly is a mean looking beast. I have heard mixed opinions on Cromwell's customer service. Is this conversion even still available?
r2d2
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 424 posts
Armorama: 419 posts
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 - 09:42 AM UTC
Outstanding keith! I would love to do one also though ive never been a victim of cromwell i have stopped ordering years ago when the red flag was raised.

I wanted to get hold of this set for a long time. I guess i will do it the hard way. Post more detailed close up as i will use you wips for my reference if its ok with you.
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 - 11:07 AM UTC
Gents.
I don't want to turn this into Cromwell for or against so I will add a couple of comments here and leave it at that, any further information required, please e.mail me or use the personal IM here.

I ordered this item and the 432 Bulldog full kit with remote weapons station by contacting Gordon on his e.mail a couple of months back.....

I heard from him within a day or two and got a price quote and I accepted the price, which was 'very reasonable' based on his listed prices that were attached to his e.mail

The items were dispached within a week of ordering with a tracking number, signature required and an invoice on PayPal..

It took quite a long time to get here (23 days) as the items are put through special Post Office handling so as to enable you to locate the parcel at any given time within reason. ie, handed over by Royal mail for international carriage, arrived at Newark and out for dispatch, arrived in Atlanta and processed for delivery etc.

I paid when it hit my door and the wife had signed for it..

To my surprise I also received a free set of 'open' Centurion Mk3. hull bins.

Am I lucky, maybe, all I am saying is, with precautions and common sense you should be able to get what you want.

I believe most of his items are available (28 days lead time before mailing, according to his notation)..

I am now waiting for the arrival of the Leopard 2A6 Canadian conversion with Barracuda camo for the Trumpeter kit and have no reason to believe it won't show up.....

Keith.

Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 - 11:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Very nice build! you dont see those builds much.
Whats your overall impression of the Cromwell set?

Very crisp detail and easy to work with. The parts carriers are minor in size and simple to remove.

Excellent direct fit to kit and or replacement items for kit parts.

Keith.
mattjack
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 137 posts
Armorama: 109 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 06:41 AM UTC
looking good
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 - 09:00 AM UTC
OK here we are again and trying to play catchup and start putting things in order.

Time to put the wheels and tracks on but the tracks will have to be retouched and weathered later.

Horrible plastic stuff and paint doesn't stick well, even after washing the oils off and priming...

The color is far to Yellow in this picture but that is the cameras fault, as you can see later, it really isn't Budgie Yellow.

Lower Armor in place and now starting to add the slats. I decided the front would be the logical place to begin as it is easier to make adjustments on the sides and rear corners.

I learned my lesson with the Accurate Armour Brass Slats.

I have managed to knock the wire cutter blade off three times, oh well plenty of scrap plasic around...

Rarden cannon in and painted, a nice Brass rendition by 'Barrel Depot'.

Starting to look a litte bit better but a long way to go yet.
That's a shadow on the left rear bin, not camo.

And a couple more shots to finish the day.
More next weekend (I hope).

Got ya! (No it isn't going on this base, far to small, just thought I would use it and the captured terrorist for a photo op ).

I will start working a little more on the turret and lights next but no need for speed here, slow but steady does it for me...

Thank's for looking in.

Keith.
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 11:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Gents.
I don't want to turn this into Cromwell for or against so I will add a couple of comments here and leave it at that, any further information required, please e.mail me or use the personal IM here.

I ordered this item and the 432 Bulldog full kit with remote weapons station by contacting Gordon on his e.mail a couple of months back.....

I heard from him within a day or two and got a price quote and I accepted the price, which was 'very reasonable' based on his listed prices that were attached to his e.mail

The items were dispached within a week of ordering with a tracking number, signature required and an invoice on PayPal..

It took quite a long time to get here (23 days) as the items are put through special Post Office handling so as to enable you to locate the parcel at any given time within reason. ie, handed over by Royal mail for international carriage, arrived at Newark and out for dispatch, arrived in Atlanta and processed for delivery etc.

I paid when it hit my door and the wife had signed for it..

To my surprise I also received a free set of 'open' Centurion Mk3. hull bins.

Am I lucky, maybe, all I am saying is, with precautions and common sense you should be able to get what you want.

I believe most of his items are available (28 days lead time before mailing, according to his notation)..

I am now waiting for the arrival of the Leopard 2A6 Canadian conversion with Barracuda camo for the Trumpeter kit and have no reason to believe it won't show up.....

Keith.

My Cromwell Leopard 2A6 Barracuda conversion kit showed up yesterday, as promised.

It is now sitting on top of the Trumpeter Leopard kit box, waiting its turn.

My decisions are, do I build it before the 432 Bulldog and finishing my Ferret (Swingfire) and Austin Champ?

So much weight on my poor shoulders.

Well I will finish the Warrior first of course

Keith.
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2012 - 12:06 AM UTC
A little more painting and detail work done, long way to go yet though.

Sorry, this one is a bit fuzzy...

Keith.
 _GOTOTOP