Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Panzershop SS-15
Teaker11
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 962 posts
Armorama: 786 posts
Posted: Monday, December 24, 2012 - 01:02 PM UTC
Took a nap today so not much done, My mistake , the first tube on the hydrolic ram should have been brass to ssolder thehigh preasure tubeing. with that corrected now comes the cabeling. Ther is no picture on how this is supposed to be done, so I cut them togo into thr tank. now I am short 6 pieces. Luckley I had fiber optic the same size. so here is the oicures for today:

Merry Christmas all, and take a minute and pray for all the soldiers in harms way and not at home with their families.

Thank you all that have been watching and giveing input I really thank you.

Merry Christms and I hope next year is better than last.
James
Dzhaks
Visit this Community
Voronezh, Russia
KitMaker: 87 posts
Armorama: 87 posts
Posted: Monday, December 24, 2012 - 07:18 PM UTC
Hi, Jim, I tryed to stude information about cabels these days and could not find the place where thet went from container... Maybe they were only during parades like a fiction for our american guests... Still continue findings...
Teaker11
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, December 25, 2012 - 02:47 AM UTC
there is a part that goes on the top of the body, mid way but I don't know if it is pulled into the tractor, of does it just pile up on the deck. my guess is that the kit was made to be into the travel mode only. I can not get an answer from Libor. He does not give any answers.
Jim
Imek46
Visit this Community
Gdańsk, Poland
KitMaker: 16 posts
Armorama: 8 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 25, 2012 - 05:20 AM UTC
Hallo

Beautiful and large model, but I can not see how he just stands on the edge of the table. What is the prince of this model. Im starting to like it, but for me, probably not achivable.
Dzhaks
Visit this Community
Voronezh, Russia
Posted: Tuesday, December 25, 2012 - 05:37 AM UTC
It costs about 300$...
Imek46
Visit this Community
Gdańsk, Poland
KitMaker: 16 posts
Armorama: 8 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 25, 2012 - 05:43 AM UTC
Thank you aleready cured.
Teaker11
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 02:51 AM UTC
Hi all
I have haad a bit of bad luck, I fell in the garage and broke a toe, then I realized I made a mistake on the launch tube and had to reemove everything and realign. I will see if I can get some pictures up today or tomorrow. the tube is made with gelcoat and glues really dont want to stick, I have tried epoxy 5 min and 30 nin , and CA and later you can take a razor blade and pop the part off. so it helps in fixing a mistake. I have gone back to epoxy.
Jim
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 07:37 AM UTC
1. Sorry about your toe Jim. Stop falling.

2. My concern is how well is it going to take paint?

Quoted Text

Hi all
I have haad a bit of bad luck, I fell in the garage and broke a toe, then I realized I made a mistake on the launch tube and had to reemove everything and realign. I will see if I can get some pictures up today or tomorrow. the tube is made with gelcoat and glues really dont want to stick, I have tried epoxy 5 min and 30 nin , and CA and later you can take a razor blade and pop the part off. so it helps in fixing a mistake. I have gone back to epoxy.
Jim

The3rdPlacer
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 430 posts
Armorama: 407 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 08:12 AM UTC
Sorry about your toe Jim, maybe sanding the tube with some 320 grit could help part and paint adhesion?

Ryan
Teaker11
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 08:22 AM UTC
Didn't have my glasses on and missed the little step 4 inches high. lucky laundry was there and fell on or i would have been in hosipital. my toe ia a pretty color of purple, as for the paint , i shot the seams with tamiya flat gray to see the seans and it seems to have taken pretty good, i cleaned with Acitone. and I have tried sanding with 400 grit. its just a slick surface.

Teaker11
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, December 31, 2012 - 01:40 PM UTC
Hi Guys
To be honest I am haveing problrms lineing up the nylon cable, so I am changeing it out to brass wire, which I had to order today and will have on Tuesday. I just couldnt get matching bends. that I liked to the junction box on the launch tube . So Have a Happy New Year
jim
Teaker11
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, January 01, 2013 - 09:45 AM UTC
Today I had some time to try some brass rod and I am a lot happyer with the results. try to form 20 piecies of fishing line and you will have an idea of what I was running into. so back to the old Model railroad modeling, Brass wire , I will be able to make the turns with out the others moveing.
Remember this was just a test and I had to drill out the other lines so I made a new plug:

The wire will arive tomorrow and back to Modeling, also Happy 2013, I hope it is better for you than 2012.
Jim
Teaker11
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 2013 - 10:06 AM UTC
My object is to make a workable model, raseing of the launch tubes,lowering of the stands, and makeingg of a rocker that will leave the launch tube. the hardest problem is the cableing, as there are no pictures of the launch tube raised, I am going to have to wing it. if you want to build a lowered model, you can use the piastic line, but with brass you have more streight to make the curve
jim
Teaker11
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2013 - 10:59 AM UTC
Sorry for no updates , bad week but here we are with brass

I know there are some rough spots, but I will cut them out and sould look all right weathered. Now its my Idea to finish the bottom, as there are no pictures of the back of the tube raised. also want to cut the round hatch in 1/2 it is way to tall and want to open it to the rocket. I think this os where the rocket was fueled from the pictures I have found. I have watched every November parade looking for details and was surprised how old some of the systems are, Maz trucks, Sheika, frog. I think next project may be a MAZ-537 towing a big missle. Have a good week all
Jim
Dzhaks
Visit this Community
Voronezh, Russia
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2013 - 07:53 PM UTC
Hi, Jim! In my opinion brass looks much better!

There is no more new information still about this machine... So, I can't help you for some time...

But I have a good news! Last week I have ordered my kit from Ebay! If you allow, I will show my building in your forum.
Teaker11
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2013 - 02:26 AM UTC
Thanks, I put the whole thing toghter and the brass folds fine with the launch tube, so now I can procede, Evgeny it would be nice to see another kit being built, I hope you are able to tackel the inside.
Jim
Dzhaks
Visit this Community
Voronezh, Russia
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2013 - 02:33 AM UTC
Thanks, I hope too! Also hope, it will not take more, than 1 month to receive a parcel.
Teaker11
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2013 - 02:47 AM UTC
Yes you arre closer, To your knowalage is there a launcher sitting in a field or musume , or in storage incase of a war. The Soviet union is a large State...
Jim
Dzhaks
Visit this Community
Voronezh, Russia
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2013 - 03:24 AM UTC
Do you mean a man who is able to launch this rocket? They are sitting inside during the launch...
Teaker11
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2013 - 03:40 AM UTC
No no , the translator is off again, I was asking if a launch transporter was still around or were they all destroyed when the program ended.
Jim
Dzhaks
Visit this Community
Voronezh, Russia
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2013 - 04:03 AM UTC
We decided that wheel transporter much better and didn't produce any more Scrooges, only few... They used to study new operators and drivers.
Production of SS-15 mobile launcher was fast decision to protect from new NATO missles. USA made rockets Minitman, which were able to destroy our stationary launch systems and rocket tunnels. So we decided to create a mobile system. Those times it couldn't be found and destroyed. And didn't have one place of launch...
Teaker11
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 10:31 AM UTC
Sorry been a little busy, primed tube and need some more sanding and finish the hydrolic line on the back rams and should be about done..
And then the Rocket.
The launcher will go up and down, and rams will work, a lot of work for a couple of pictures, but I like the finish.
Jim
Dzhaks
Visit this Community
Voronezh, Russia
Posted: Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 07:59 PM UTC
It looks great! I am tired to wait for my kit)))
Teaker11
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2013 - 03:32 AM UTC
Out of paint shop and back to body shop missed a nasty seam and I have some areas of the launch tube with fingerprints, but you get the idea. The Hydrolic cylinders I added and there is one under the front of the launch viechle plus other details not included in the kit

and I just noticed there are no headlights and tail lights so I am getting close get the clean up done then one more coat of paint and into the model case till I get the rocket done
Jim