Campaigns: Completed Campaigns
Campaigns that are completed should be grouped here.
Hosted by Richard S.
Steel Wheels Campaign
KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
KitMaker: 4,011 posts
Armorama: 1,498 posts
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2014 - 01:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks.
Railtrucks made by Mercedes were put on transport to the Ukraine in 1941/42 to serve the Reichsbahn. Combination with the crane, I'm not sure about that.

Regards,

Robert Jan

It does now

and the base is looking great and all battle damaged

SpeedyJ
Visit this Community
Bangkok, Thailand / ไทย
KitMaker: 1,617 posts
Armorama: 1,150 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 04:40 AM UTC
Some more work done on the base.
Still have to do some little things on the truck to call this done.

The bombing caused some severe damage to the little signalhouse, roof and part of the wall were blown away and landed on the track.

Regards,

Robert Jan
Bluestab
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,160 posts
Armorama: 1,906 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 05:13 AM UTC
Wow Jan. Nice work.
SpeedyJ
Visit this Community
Bangkok, Thailand / ไทย
Posted: Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 02:25 AM UTC
Thanks Alex.
I'm having a modellers brake now. Recharging the battery and cleaning my desk. The FLAK is next to get to the finish line after some little works on the railtruck are finished.

Regards,

Robert Jan
Bluestab
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 05:08 AM UTC
No problem. I'm taking a break from my offering as well. I'm probably going to pick up a AFV spotlight and mount it...or maybe a V1 rocket and use the armored railcar as a mobile launcher.
ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,662 posts
Armorama: 3,078 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 01:24 AM UTC
Robert I love the bomb damage, how big is your diorama going to be
I have made little progress on my build but I did finish 3 of the figures so far as soon as I get some time and nice weather I will start working on my ground work and tracks
SpeedyJ
Visit this Community
Bangkok, Thailand / ไทย
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 01:48 AM UTC
Hi.
I had some nice days with a friend of mine, as I'm preparing to leave the Netherlands and move to Bangkok-Thailand.
All I'll build will stay here. My brother will get them as a present to remember.
Dio I'm building right now: 43x33x25cm.
FLAK and train will be on a second base, still to build.
Focus is on the railtruck, to finish part one of the campaign.

Regards,

Robert Jan
Bluestab
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 06:49 AM UTC
I'm back on this one for a bit. I'm still unsure what I am going to do with the top. I like the spotlight idea but I think it's asking too much to use the resources of an armoured self-propelled railcar to just lug around a spotlight. I was thinking maybe they'd also use something like this to patrol a city, using the city's tram rails. Anyway, I've got the kit's original MG turret and I've got the crane boom as well. I might go with the crane idea.

So I started back by finishing up the bits for the vehicle's front. I'm not sure what the round things are. I'm assuming armored ventilation ducts for the motor.

Side with the details added.

Other side. As mentioned, the plastic is really brittle. I've managed to shatter a few parts during the build and now those shortages are starting to catch up to me. I've lost a couple of MGs and the drip shield strips for the side. I'll have to fab up something for the drip strips and just not put a MG in every MG port.

And the other end. For some reason I had removed the molded on splash strips for the armored hatches. I'll have to fab those. You'll also notice the MG is snapped off. Yep, a casualty of the brittle plastic issue. I should be able to fix it.

Anyway, that's it for now. I'm kind of weighing my options before proceeding any further. I also have to make a rail base. If I go with the city patrol angle I'll go with a brick based tram line. If I go with the crane, I might get fancy with a bridge.
ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 02:08 PM UTC
Looking good Alex, looks like your almost ready for some primer
I have finished up some of my figures for the Boots on the ground Campaign
 photo P1080780.jpg
 photo P1080782.jpg
 photo P1080783.jpg
Now that the weather is starting to get nice I really need to get moving on my base
Bluestab
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 06:47 AM UTC
Update. I've decided to build the kit as is with the MG turret. I'm going to use the crane boom I have for a forestry based M113. The boom fits better on the M113 than the train car.

Assembled and mounted the jack. I have to locate the kit's pioneer tools and spotlight.

Turret time. As mentioned, the turret was partially assembled to be used as the mount for my Panzer Katyusha for the last What-If Campaign. I fixed the boo-boos I made using it for that and then finished construction.

And with that construction is basically done. Next stop paint...which will have to wait for a bit.

I'm looking to build some sort of track base for this one. I don't have the kit track. I may just scratch something up.
Panzerace
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 459 posts
Armorama: 109 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 06:16 AM UTC
I have used green as primer for Russian Draisine.

turtle65
Visit this Community
Dunedin, New Zealand
KitMaker: 266 posts
Armorama: 70 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 10:19 PM UTC
Hi all,
I'm a late joiner so hopefully my little project won't have too many problems (fingers and toes crossed).
Although it should be a Caterpillar D8R, I have a spare D8T so L.A.F.D are getting an upgrade :

well thats the starting point, zero AM parts, any alterations will be done in the good old fashioned modelling methods.
And here is the little ground grubber I hope it will look something like at the end :

More to follow soon, cheers for looking in.
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 22, 2014 - 01:43 AM UTC
@ Sal;

I recently came across that Vision Models kit of (one of 2 or 3 alternative designs tried) the factory prototype for an RR - conversion version of the WWII Russian (Soviet) BA-64B armored car - The kit represents that trials version where the factory attached small framed sets of tiny RR wheels front and rear to enable an otherwise normal rubber-tired AC to ride the rails as a sort of RR patrol vehicle. It's pretty cool and it actually happened (as a prototype, anyway), and I'm thinking this one coulbe "be ME" for this build....

It's a steel-wheel RR-conversion. But it will still also have its rubber-tires... Will this kit work for THIS campaign?

Bob
ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 22, 2014 - 02:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

@ Sal;

I recently came across that Vision Models kit of (one of 2 or 3 alternative designs tried) the factory prototype for an RR - conversion version of the WWII Russian (Soviet) BA-64B armored car - The kit represents that trials version where the factory attached small framed sets of tiny RR wheels front and rear to enable an otherwise normal rubber-tired AC to ride the rails as a sort of RR patrol vehicle. It's pretty cool and it actually happened (as a prototype, anyway), and I'm thinking this one coulbe "be ME" for this build....

It's a steel-wheel RR-conversion. But it will still also have its rubber-tires... Will this kit work for THIS campaign?

Bob

Yes Bob that will work here

Quoted Text

I'm a late joiner so hopefully my little project won't have too many problems (fingers and toes crossed).
Although it should be a Caterpillar D8R, I have a spare D8T so L.A.F.D are getting an upgrade

@ Rodger that build wont work here this is a Steel Wheels only Campaign but that will work in the Emergency Service Campaign here
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/206557
But it does look like and interesting project
turtle65
Visit this Community
Dunedin, New Zealand
KitMaker: 266 posts
Armorama: 70 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 22, 2014 - 08:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

@ Rodger that build wont work here this is a Steel Wheels only Campaign

Sal,
Just wondering why the Cat D8 doesn't fit in this Campaign ?, as steel-wheeled Tigers and T-34's etc are permitted !, and there is no mention that civilian vehicles are excluded.
Cheers.
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 22, 2014 - 08:46 AM UTC
@ Sal;

I think Roger has a valid point about that dozer.... those "road wheels" look to me to all be steel rollers - there are no rubber tires on anything I could find in the pics. So... seems to me that this would certainly be a steel-wheel kinda thing! Certainly as much as a Panther or Tiger with "gummi-gedampfenstahlaufrollen" - "rubber-dampened steel wheels"!

Just my opinion, of course!

Bob
ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 22, 2014 - 10:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Sal,
Just wondering why the Cat D8 doesn't fit in this Campaign ?, as steel-wheeled Tigers and T-34's etc are permitted !, and there is no mention that civilian vehicles are excluded.
Cheers.

Ok I was under the impression that those rollers were rubber coated but it they are steel rollers then it's good to go
SpeedyJ
Visit this Community
Bangkok, Thailand / ไทย
Posted: Sunday, June 01, 2014 - 06:37 PM UTC
Hi all.
Later today I will post pictures. I will complete one build.
Railtruck with crane conversion kit.
Other builds will be packed. Start to empty my shelves today.

Cheers,

RJ
Bluestab
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, June 03, 2014 - 07:08 AM UTC
Base paint on the armored train car.

I kind of jumped ahead. The progress pictures were pretty bad. Added the pioneer tools. Many of the kit's tools were missing so I raided the spares. I'm also missing the spotlight for the turret and the track.
I gave the vehicle a dark wash, heavy on the joints and bolts. I followed it with a drybrushing of dark-dark gray and a drybrushing of lightened dark yellow. Another dark wash followed by a light drybrushing of Olive Drab. Decals came from the spares because I have no idea where the kit's decals are.

And with that it is done. Sal, I don't have the track for it...is that an issue? I'll wait a bit before uploading pictures to the gallery.
ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 03, 2014 - 02:20 PM UTC
Alex nicely done , you are only the 2nd finisher Don't remember anything in the rules stating that you needed tracks just Steel Wheels
I have been making some slow progress on my base. I hope to get some more work done on it tomorrow
Bluestab
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, June 03, 2014 - 02:47 PM UTC
Thanks Sal. This is one of those kits that looked better on the hobby shop shelf than when I opened it. The kit had a short length of track but I used it for a pair of flatcars. One of those was missing the tracks.

I may go ahead and upload the finished pictures tomorrow. Since there is still a few months to go on this one I might start back work on rail related project I have gathering dust and post some of the pictures.
ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 03, 2014 - 11:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I may go ahead and upload the finished pictures tomorrow. Since there is still a few months to go on this one I might start back work on rail related project I have gathering dust and post some of the pictures.

By all means post that progress as well this tread can use the help and maybe motivate some others to get moving on their builds
Bluestab
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2014 - 05:23 AM UTC
Alright Sal. I'll get the other project out tonight and give it a proper look-over.

As is, it's a length of track to hold two flatcars. There's a elevated platform. The idea was to have a loading area for German tanks and other armored vehicles. I even had the light flatcars to mount a couple different flak guns. I figure I'll either continue with the load/offload idea or dismantle it and go with a train derailment scene. I'll probably save the latter for another time.
SpeedyJ
Visit this Community
Bangkok, Thailand / ไทย
Posted: Sunday, June 08, 2014 - 02:39 AM UTC
Hi all.

I call this one done.
The 2 other projects, Train & FLAK wagon will travel with me to Thailand. When there is time left, I try to finish them overthere.

Photos from my Railtruck - Mercedes L 4500 L with crane.

Hope you all enjoy.

It was a real pleasure to build this L 4500 A.
Nice kit from Zvezda. Together with the conversion from PlusModel & Calibre35 it makes a unique model I think.

Where can I find the campaign gallery?

cheers,

RJ
ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Sunday, June 08, 2014 - 03:34 AM UTC
Robert Great Job Love the whole project dont forget to post a shot in the Campaign gallery and good luck on your relocation