Stickframe
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,661 posts
Armorama: 1,202 posts
Posted: Friday, May 16, 2014 - 12:35 PM UTC
Hi guys - thanks for checking it out

amoz02t - thanks for the note - it's getting there

Hi Romain - thanks(!) while not too fancy, I like the truck!

Matt - yeah, I suppose I built the truck to put off finishing the building - I still need to finish a few walls etc (the walls go pretty slowly...) and some fun stuff too - essentially ground cover and rusty old parts

Who knows - this might be done next weekend

Ok - thanks again

Nick
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 17, 2014 - 02:24 AM UTC
I had some computor issues so it has taken a while to respond. I love the new truck. Specially the way you used the missmatched hood. The weathering is as usual,awesome. I am envious as I have not been able to get to the workbench lately.
J
ahandykindaguy
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,295 posts
Armorama: 1,191 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 17, 2014 - 05:32 AM UTC
It all looks awesome Nick. I'm glad you have taken your time to get things just right in your own mind. The end drawing near can sometimes lead to cutting corners and lowering standards, which ultimately leads to regrets after you move on to the next project.

But I know you won't let that happen as you are the consummate professional. And I can't wait I see what you will do next. Thanks for the updates!

Dave
Stickframe
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2014 - 01:36 PM UTC
Hello - today I'm glad to be posting final pics!!

yes, I could probably keep going - but, come on! It's time to start getting serious about some new work - but first, finish the truck fab shop!!

Thanks to everyone who had a part in this build - you're thoughts and comments are really appreciated! OK - here we go:

ok half way there!

ok - that wraps it up! This was the first forum associated build I've done - and it was really great getting feedback along the way! - thanks again guys - see you with the next build!

cheers

Nick
ahandykindaguy
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2014 - 01:45 PM UTC
Absolutely stunning work Nick.
ahandykindaguy
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2014 - 02:05 PM UTC
Nick, sorry my comment was so short, but I had to go lay down the law for a minute. Three year olds hey? They try to get away with everything at this age.
My girl is the best daughter ever, but sometimes she pushes the limits a little too far and gets the "I'm not happy" face from her beloved daddy. And the threat of a more direct form of discipline. Fortunately I rarely even have to get to the "I'm going to count to five" stage, and very very seldom does it reach time out or loss of privileges stages. Happy Fathers Day to me!!

I also wanted to say that this build is an absolute marvel to take in. It's totality and the massive amount I detail and it's volume of work makes my head spin! And not just sheer volume but volume of such a high calibre. I will be studying this thread for as long as it is here on Armorama and will probably always find something new and exciting and cool that I hadn't noticed before.

I can't wait to start following your next build.

kurnuy
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 1,491 posts
Armorama: 997 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2014 - 04:12 PM UTC
Hi Nick ,

you have done a marvelous job ! This is really a fantastic diorama and it was a pleasure to see you create the figures , vehicles, the garage.....etc....

You have my deepest respect and i'm looking forward to see your new project.

Cheers

Kurt
panzerconor
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,271 posts
Armorama: 1,253 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2014 - 04:56 PM UTC
I don't think I commented on this nearly enough times. Maybe twice over the whole build? But it's simply a marvel as Dave said, like a whole world on it's own. I love, LOVE the trucks though, as they're just some of the coolest thing's I've seen on the internet recently. Can't get over how realistic every aspect of this thing looks.

Well done sir, job well done.

-Conor
Stickframe
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2014 - 07:21 PM UTC
Hi guys -

Dave - Thanks!! nice words from you -you're model building machine!! hope to see you posting soon - but, clearly, family is first- and I suspect the golfers are keeping you busy!

Kurt - the modeling mad scientist! thanks for following along and the positive support! appreciate it!

Conor - no worries, just glad you've enjoyed this build - its been a real handful! btw - I've paid attention to your work too - nice figures! btw - - I really like building those trucks - glad you like 'em too!!

SO, I just realized, that well, images over 125 kb can be posted....who knows why (REALLY a bummer for this post...) I thought they had to be smaller...oh well - anyway, here are a few more - but a bit bigger image size, take a look:

ok - there you have it - I didn't want to add doubles - but, in the future - I'll use bigger images!!

thanks for having a look

cheers
Nick
1stjaeger
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,727 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2014 - 08:23 PM UTC
Hi Nick,

what can I say....I ran out of superlatives ages ago!

So...you've done it.... I remain...speechless!!!

From a mere dio builder to the master: WOW!!!!

Cheers

Romain
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Armorama: 2,956 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2014 - 11:25 PM UTC
Where's the eyes bugging out emoticon???? I'm out of words here. I really need to hope for rain to get bench time in!!! It's been a constant battle with kids/outdoor projects as well as keeping up with the garden the last 2 months. I think I've managed maybe 4 or 5 hours of bench time in that.
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, June 16, 2014 - 01:39 AM UTC
Ummmm....well.....ummmm.....This has got to be one of the top five dios that I have seen in my whole life. No BS.
J
Stickframe
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, June 16, 2014 - 06:59 AM UTC
Hi guys - -

Come on Romain! -I try - -but, only study under the master! thank you tho for the support

Matt - you've been with this all the while - certainly the ideas guy! thanks for sharing a few of them - glad you like it! thanks

Hi Jerry - thanks a lot for the compliment! especially coming from you! I follow much of your work too - who knows, maybe someday I'll be doing figures even close to yours!

thanks for checking it out - happy model building!
ahandykindaguy
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, June 16, 2014 - 11:45 AM UTC
Nick I must surely plan my next holiday ( like I get a holiday) around a trip to sunny California and offer to buy dinner for one of the best master modellers I've ever had the pleasure of following for the chance to see this magnificent diorama in real life...

PolishBrigade12
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 380 posts
Armorama: 366 posts
Posted: Monday, June 16, 2014 - 12:29 PM UTC
Nick, I'm gonna have to agree with Dave, a cold one coming your way!! This is crazy nuts incredible work buddy, museum quality build and detail. Congrats on one heck of a beautiful piece of work!!

Cheers, Ski.
Stickframe
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 - 12:01 PM UTC
Hi Dave, hi Ski - - I guess that sums it up! thanks to each of you!

Cheers

Nick
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
Armorama: 2,447 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 24, 2014 - 04:47 PM UTC
Superb!
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2014 - 09:03 PM UTC
I thought it would be nice to have a Nick day,
J
mvaiano
Visit this Community
Sao Paulo, Brazil
KitMaker: 1,054 posts
Armorama: 1,050 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2014 - 09:32 PM UTC
Hi!

Another master piece! Just it.

Cheers!

Marco
Stickframe
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 11:19 AM UTC
Hi guys - I've spent this evening on a long conference call - coming up on 2.5 hrs....as it's now about 11:15 pm and the call is still going...so, while listening, for fun, I took a look at this old build of mine....looking back, it was a fun build. Also when I had the chance to meet many of you! The call grinds on, and I'll keep looking back on fun projects! I hope you all don't mind me bringing this old news up...

Cheers

Nick
Blaubar
Visit this Community
Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
KitMaker: 261 posts
Armorama: 246 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 11:29 AM UTC
I stopped midway trying to figure out which is the real one and which is the model. This is a fantastic piece of modelling. I am glad someone posted to this old topic, else I would have missed out on this mind-blowing work.
All praise to you!
/Stefan
edklingon
Visit this Community
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
KitMaker: 194 posts
Armorama: 173 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 05:25 PM UTC
Can't find the propper words to praise your work!

But what about a mine-damaged ATV in this shop?
WXerock
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 672 posts
Armorama: 668 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 07:54 PM UTC
Nick, I am so glad you brought this build forward. It is an amazing piece of work. You put more vehicles in this one diorama than I've built in my entire life. Just beautiful.

Regards,

Eric
m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,808 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 08:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi guys - I've spent this evening on a long conference call - coming up on 2.5 hrs....as it's now about 11:15 pm and the call is still going...so, while listening, for fun, I took a look at this old build of mine....looking back, it was a fun build. Also when I had the chance to meet many of you! The call grinds on, and I'll keep looking back on fun projects! I hope you all don't mind me bringing this old news up...

Cheers

Nick

Thank you for raising this from the depths.

Incredible! I really like the old worn out Dodge WC-62. I trust they upgraded the engine. Those trucks were under powered, and those big tires would have slowed the poor thing down even more. I heard a 383 would spin all 6 tires, but never saw it happen, another urban legend.