Armor/AFV: Modern Armor
Modern armor in general.
Hosted by Darren Baker
3D printed kits SPM. Modern/futuristic armor.
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 4,342 posts
Armorama: 3,938 posts
Posted: Monday, January 18, 2016 - 06:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Peter
You can do a test by me (Reedoak) as I do also printing service.
Machine is not made for large surfaces, but much more for tiny details as it is originaly dedicated to jewelry and luxury watches parts. I originaly printed by Shapeways but was not happy with the frosted look, and also by the fact that cement did not hold firm on it (I printed there my 1/35 Mi-6 helicopter)
Norbert

Oh yes, Peter's parts printed in Reedoak quality would be great!
sgtsauer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 2,605 posts
Armorama: 1,814 posts
Posted: Monday, January 18, 2016 - 06:50 PM UTC
Guess I had better wait to order to see if there is a new manufacturer for Peter.
rogerjo1
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 950 posts
Armorama: 905 posts
Posted: Monday, January 18, 2016 - 09:37 PM UTC
Yes Peter, test Reedoak as your things are so good, even if they should cost a little more from him...
But the things i have bought from your shop at shapeways have been good, it's always nice if you can get them much better as his figures (Reedoak) looks very fine...
Btw any new releases you planning you can tell us about?
samofptr
Visit this Community
Moscow, Russia
KitMaker: 130 posts
Armorama: 130 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 12:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Peter
You can do a test by me (Reedoak) as I do also printing service.
Machine is not made for large surfaces, but much more for tiny details as it is originaly dedicated to jewelry and luxury watches parts. I originaly printed by Shapeways but was not happy with the frosted look, and also by the fact that cement did not hold firm on it (I printed there my 1/35 Mi-6 helicopter)
Norbert

Norbert, thank you for your invitation! And I see a positive feedback from the modelers
Of course, let's try to do the experiment and see what it be.
I sent you message.

Peter.
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 1,092 posts
Posted: Monday, February 08, 2016 - 09:55 AM UTC

Sets m2 1/16, 1/18 scales on Shapeways:
spm_m2mk93m3_L_2
spm_m2mk93m3_L_1
spm_m2mk93m3_L_3[/quote]

Anyone have good photographs of these in use, please? I'm thinking of purchasing one, and am hoping the Peter may make a figure to go with it.

cheers,

Kylie
samofptr
Visit this Community
Moscow, Russia
Posted: Friday, February 12, 2016 - 08:22 PM UTC
We have had a dialogue with Norbert, my models can be printed by Reedoak, but the production cost is too high for retail sales.
Any way, thank you Norbert

Nevertheless, I have another idea. If the quality of the Shapeways is far from ideal, and prices are high, that if I sell directly to the 3D models. Any manufacturer can make the master model is based on my 3D model and to organize the production of high-quality scale models.
Or any scale modeler can order 3D prints of models for own needs, at any scale and in any quantity. There are many 3D printing services and low prices. For large scales can be used even home used 3D printers, they are becoming cheaper and very widespread lately. Just select the best option for you.
I started this experiment, and the first models can be seen here:
https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-print-models?author=samofptr

spm_german_helmet_M42_maskmesh

If the project is successful, I can prepare the figures too. For example, the gunner for the M2 machine gun, how Kylie asks it.
amoz02t
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 1,383 posts
Armorama: 1,281 posts
Posted: Friday, February 12, 2016 - 09:05 PM UTC

Quoted Text

We have had a dialogue with Norbert, my models can be printed by Reedoak, but the production cost is too high for retail sales.
Any way, thank you Norbert

Nevertheless, I have another idea. If the quality of the Shapeways is far from ideal, and prices are high, that if I sell directly to the 3D models. Any manufacturer can make the master model is based on my 3D model and to organize the production of high-quality scale models.
Or any scale modeler can order 3D prints of models for own needs, at any scale and in any quantity. There are many 3D printing services and low prices. For large scales can be used even home used 3D printers, they are becoming cheaper and very widespread lately. Just select the best option for you.
I started this experiment, and the first models can be seen here:
https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-print-models?author=samofptr

spm_german_helmet_M42_maskmesh

If the project is successful, I can prepare the figures too. For example, the gunner for the M2 machine gun, how Kylie asks it.

Hi Peter. Really sorry that it was not cost effective to work with Norbert for direct 3D parts. I have high hopes for some other arrangement, All the best
sgtsauer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 2,605 posts
Armorama: 1,814 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 12:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Sets m2 1/16, 1/18 scales on Shapeways:
spm_m2mk93m3_L_2
spm_m2mk93m3_L_1
spm_m2mk93m3_L_3

Anyone have good photographs of these in use, please? I'm thinking of purchasing one, and am hoping the Peter may make a figure to go with it.

cheers,

Kylie[/quote]

This set-up is actually part of the equipment for my section in my Infantry unit. I may have it out in March. I am unsure at the moment. If I don't get it out in March, I will have it out in June.
youngtiger1
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 534 posts
Armorama: 344 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 02:57 PM UTC
I just found this thread after I placed my first order with Shapeway. I hope my items will not be grainy as some of the examplies I see post here. Peter, I saw your stuff there as well and wanted to purchase it, but I will wait to see if you find a better vendor for your cool stuff.

Btw, is your interest in armor only? There's a great number of modelers in aviation and there are a lot of things not available in either resin or plastic. Food for the thought.

Mike
samofptr
Visit this Community
Moscow, Russia
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 07:09 PM UTC
Mike, thanks for comment
Now I am in contact with famous models manufacturers. Some of my sets, which are represented on the Shapeways, is already in the work of the manufacturers.
Also, I hope to provide additional information in some near time.
And of course, I am open to any wishes of the modelers. I can not promise, but sure I'll to take note of. Please tell me what models of aviation would be interesting?
rogerjo1
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 08:21 PM UTC
Great news Peter looking forward to see what things they will make for you, and new things from you
amoz02t
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
Posted: Friday, March 11, 2016 - 10:05 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Mike, thanks for comment
Now I am in contact with famous models manufacturers. Some of my sets, which are represented on the Shapeways, is already in the work of the manufacturers.
Also, I hope to provide additional information in some near time.
And of course, I am open to any wishes of the modelers. I can not promise, but sure I'll to take note of. Please tell me what models of aviation would be interesting?

Great news Peter! Always looking forward to more of your modern armor stuff. Wonderful work! So no one has done the FGM-148 Javelin CLU or an RPG-29 yet right?
samofptr
Visit this Community
Moscow, Russia
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 03:57 PM UTC
Something, soon...
ACH3helmet_fastmags
rogerjo1
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 07:00 PM UTC
Looking very interesting Peter, scale?
samofptr
Visit this Community
Moscow, Russia
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 07:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Looking very interesting Peter, scale?

1/35, 1/16, resin.
rogerjo1
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 08:17 PM UTC
Thanks Peter, so they will not be sold on Shapeways.. Resin will be perfect. Do you sell more things in resin?
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 08:25 PM UTC

Quoted Text

1/35, 1/16, resin.

Hell yeah! I wanted to hear "resin" ever since you started showing your work here. Thanks Peter!

Mario
amoz02t
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 10:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

1/35, 1/16, resin.

Hell yeah! I wanted to hear "resin" ever since you started showing your work here. Thanks Peter!

Mario

Interesting stuff! Dittos to Mario's remarks
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 10:45 PM UTC
Looks great, Peter! I too am looking forward to your new releases.
newtonk
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 90 posts
Armorama: 73 posts
Posted: Friday, May 20, 2016 - 01:09 AM UTC
What those guys said, looking forward to anything new!

thank you,

Kylie
samofptr
Visit this Community
Moscow, Russia
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 03:06 PM UTC
Thank you for your positive feedback, my friends!
I have a lot of interesting projects in the work for release in the resin.
hk416xm320_ach3_fmags
railbuilderdhd
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 113 posts
Armorama: 91 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 05:37 PM UTC
Peter,
have you ever thought of doing your military items in 1:25 or 1:24 scale? I have been interested in making some "Mad Max" like kitbash models and the biggest problem I have is getting the guns and other military items in the scale of the model cars I was thinking of starting with. So far it looks like I may have to work in 1:35 scale. As we know there are not many automobile options in 1:35.

Dave
samofptr
Visit this Community
Moscow, Russia
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 12:57 AM UTC
Dave,
Post apocalypse theme in the style of Mad Max is one of my favorite directions. This is a large scope for design. And the scale of 1/24 provides a lot of experiments with car models.
I will recommend the scale of 1/24 for the production of the resin. A lot of models of weapons, equipment and vehicle tunning details can be used to upgrade civilian vehicles in a scale 1/24.

LOWA-Zephyr_1
LOWA-Zephyr_2
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,210 posts
Armorama: 1,712 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 01:42 AM UTC
I just purchased your Boomerang III set off Shapeways. I'm excited to see how it turns out but unfortunately the payment hasn't gone through yet and I added it to one of my existing orders which has yet to finish. If I'm lucky it'll be here by December.
samofptr
Visit this Community
Moscow, Russia
Posted: Monday, June 06, 2016 - 05:13 PM UTC
Michael,
I saw your project on Shapeways, I like it Your have very professional 3D modeling skills.
I'm not sure about the quality of the printing on the Shapeways, they are not enough responsibly in performance of customer orders. However, always ready to return payment. The price is too high and the low quality for modeling purposes. Perhaps in a few years the situation will change with the development of technology. Also, my Boomerang model will be released soon in resin too.
opscore_uniform