Campaigns: Completed Campaigns
Campaigns that are completed should be grouped here.
Hosted by Richard S.
Tank Hunters Campaign
ClaytonFromEllijay
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 1,273 posts
Armorama: 1,138 posts
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2016 - 06:42 PM UTC
Gary- very cool table, great idea! Plus, happy wife= happy quiet life, lol...
Rory- The Zim looks great!
Ramanathan
Visit this Community
Pest, Hungary
KitMaker: 133 posts
Armorama: 131 posts
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2016 - 07:14 PM UTC
Hello folks,
Rory, that zimmerit looks cool. Regarding the PE fenders: the same with me on the Jagdpanzer IV. The kit one looks just fine and I don't feel that too much would be added to the look of the model if I upgrade it to PE...

BTW guys, after a longer pause in my modelling past, it is really motivating and inspiring to see others to progress - I'm happy to be the part of it, thanks!

cheers,
Zsolt
johhar
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 476 posts
Armorama: 447 posts
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2016 - 10:44 PM UTC
I just enlisted, so how do I upload photos, starting with the untouched kit?
Hudson29
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,156 posts
Armorama: 1,024 posts
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2016 - 11:13 PM UTC
Rory - What is Atak Zimm? Is it PE or resin or something else? It sure looks great!

Gaz - I too like the idea of a mobile workbench with a higher build surface. I'm currently using the dinning room table, far from perfect . . .
Chapman
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 203 posts
Armorama: 198 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 06:02 AM UTC
Joining up with the SU-85M and the tank hunting PanzerJagers. The hunter becomes the hunted.

johhar
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 07:08 AM UTC
[img]https://gallery.kitmaker.net/showphoto.php/photo/444754/ppuser/35090

[img]https://gallery.kitmaker.net/showphoto.php/photo/444753/ppuser/35090

I hope this shows the photos.
johhar
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 07:10 AM UTC

I hope this shows the photos.
Removed by original poster on 09/28/16 - 06:11:52 (GMT).
GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 4,648 posts
Armorama: 2,248 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 11:13 AM UTC
Johhar,
Welcome to the campaign!

Johhar,
I find that photobucket is much easier to use. It's free and has lots of storage. I found your image because Tat put up the link to your photos. So, your upload worked ok.

Don't worry, you're not the first to be bamboozled by the photo upload system.

Best Wishes,

Gaz
GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 11:20 AM UTC
Chris,
Welcome to campaign, thank you for your submission. Looking forwards to seeing your build.

Gaz
McRunty
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 602 posts
Armorama: 191 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 06:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Rory - What is Atak Zimm? Is it PE or resin or something else? It sure looks great!

Gaz - I too like the idea of a mobile workbench with a higher build surface. I'm currently using the dinning room table, far from perfect . . .

Paul, its a resin zimmerit. very easy to work with.
johhar
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 07:28 PM UTC
It's good to be "visible". I guess I'll have to look at PhotoBucket for shots of progress. At least now the proof of the unstarted kit is there. Thanks.
Northern_Lad
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 462 posts
Armorama: 417 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 11:04 PM UTC
Inspiring stuff going on in this thread!

Slow progres with the Dragon Stug IV… About 8 hours later, I’m half way through step 5 of 15. Here are a few progress pictures.

I smeared the exhaust with CA glue and dropped a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda on it. The idea is for it to be well rusted up.

cheers

Matthew
GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 11:11 PM UTC
Matthew,
That muffler will undoubtedly look very rusted. Is that a do-it-yourself zimmerit application I see?

Gaz
Northern_Lad
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 462 posts
Armorama: 417 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 11:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Matthew,
That muffler will undoubtedly look very rusted. Is that a do-it-yourself zimmerit application I see?

Gaz

Gaz, It's Dragon's moulded-on zim. It's nice. This will be a care-worn Stug, I hope.
Cheers
Matthew
steve-o
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 545 posts
Armorama: 295 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 11:30 PM UTC
Johhar, Great. Now I want one. Wish they actually came with driver/operations in the SS Parkas. Looking forward to how it turns out!

Chapman, Can't wait to se how that turns out! I have those Dragon figs. built and laying around waiting for a dio to be built for them. They are top notch.

Steve
ClaytonFromEllijay
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 1,273 posts
Armorama: 1,138 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 10:29 PM UTC
The bottom hull pretty well finished...

...now prepping the upper hull for what promises to be a very unusual camouflage paint job...

...there will also be some good opportunities to detail the interior open turret!
Hudson29
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 - 01:03 AM UTC
I squirted some paint and added dry transfers to the KV-5 over the last few days but find I am running low on storage space for the pictures on the Kitmaker site to show the work off. Is there a way to delete some of the older pictures from long dead threads on that site? I tried everything I could think of to do this without result.
GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 - 03:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I squirted some paint and added dry transfers to the KV-5 over the last few days but find I am running low on storage space for the pictures on the Kitmaker site to show the work off. Is there a way to delete some of the older pictures from long dead threads on that site? I tried everything I could think of to do this without result.

Paul,
Have you considered photobucket or other free image-hosting sites? I imagine it would be againt Armorama's interest to have uploaded images deleted.

Best wishes,

Gaz
Hudson29
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 - 03:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Paul,
Have you considered photobucket or other free image-hosting sites? I imagine it would be againt Armorama's interest to have uploaded images deleted.

Best wishes,

Gaz

I had a Photobucket account a decade or so ago but have long since forgotten password/login and other things about it. I have no way of understanding what Armorama might think of such a thing. They are the ones who have limited the amount of material that can be posted. I can only guess they need to limit participation for some reason. Cost of storage?

Can you recommend an EASY photo hosting site?
GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 - 04:32 AM UTC
Paul,
I've only ever used Photobucket. I know there are a lot of free sites out there, but I don't have any experience with them. Imgur. Tinypic. Maybe another of our campaigners has an 'easier' one.

Gaz
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 - 07:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Paul, you can delete pictures.

Go to your gallery. Select the pic you want to delete. When displayed, look below and there is a heading "Additional Info". Click the icon of a computer screen with a pencil across it and it will take you to a screen with the delete option. A bit tedious as you go thru it one by one. If in an album I think you can delete the album itself in one go.

Last I checked: all site members get 10MB of space each. Paying subscribers get 500MB of space as one of the benefits. A non-paying Photobucket member gets 10GB. Not sure if this goes higher as a paying subscriber, but it takes out the ads from what I read.

Cheers,

Tat
c4willy
Visit this Community
Christchurch, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,673 posts
Armorama: 120 posts
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 - 07:34 AM UTC
Ah I see Tat beat me too it! LOL

I'd also like to take this opportunity to point out that as a subscriber that you get a generous amount of space to post photo's in. (I should know I am one lol) It's around 5 dollars US a month (I think??) to subscribe.

I'd also like to say that I personally use photobucket and find it a great tool. You can get up to 20 gigs of space if you put their app on your smartphone.
terminators
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 1,932 posts
Armorama: 1,907 posts
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 - 06:04 PM UTC
Gary,

I would like to change my project and go with a Marder 1 A5 from Revell. As this vehicle has a Missile MILAN launcher, I think it is right for this campaign. What do you think ?

I'm working for another campaign at the moment so I can't participe to this one right now.
Black_sheep
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 823 posts
Armorama: 170 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 12:10 AM UTC
Hello everyone

after finishing an airplane and a submarine recently it would be time to finally jump into a dirty puddle again and build something with tracks which I do like the most. As I do own a lot of different tank destroyers it was a tough choice for me but now the decision is made for a PANZERJÄGER 38 (t) Sd.Kfz. 138 Marder III Ausf. M (quite a mouthful eh?), here we are with our Circus:

ok lets uncork the glue bottle *burp*

Cheers

Thomas