Campaigns: Completed Campaigns
Campaigns that are completed should be grouped here.
Hosted by Richard S.
Tank Hunters Campaign
TimReynaga
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,500 posts
Armorama: 297 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 01:32 AM UTC
Master Box’s Volksstrum Tank Hunter kit comes with a single-part injection molded rear stowage rack for the bicycle. It is a reasonable representation, but the more complex 8-part photoetched brass assembly also provided as an alternative just blows it away!

The tiny brass stowage rack, held together with tiny dabs of super glue, looks cool – but is also pretty fragile.

ClaytonFromEllijay
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 1,273 posts
Armorama: 1,138 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 02:08 AM UTC
That is some crazy attention to detail!
GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 4,648 posts
Armorama: 2,248 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 03:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Gary,

I would like to change my project and go with a Marder 1 A5 from Revell. As this vehicle has a Missile MILAN launcher, I think it is right for this campaign. What do you think ?

I'm working for another campaign at the moment so I can't participe to this one right now.

Alex,
Thank you for writing! That would be a great choice for the campaign once you are ready.

Gaz
GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 03:42 AM UTC
Thomas,
Thank you for joining our campaign with your Marder IIIM. I'll be glad to see how your Ausf.M compares with my Ausf.H from a Dragon vs. Tamiya standpoint.

Gaz
GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 03:45 AM UTC
Clayton,
you're making great progress with your M-10. Your picture makes me wonder how much grease they keep on the turret bezel ring.

Tim,
Impressive seems like weak word when I see what you are doing with tiny PE. Your Volkssturm is going to be a show-stopper!

Good stuff, comrades!

Gaz
terminators
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 1,932 posts
Armorama: 1,907 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 04:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Gary,

I would like to change my project and go with a Marder 1 A5 from Revell. As this vehicle has a Missile MILAN launcher, I think it is right for this campaign. What do you think ?

I'm working for another campaign at the moment so I can't participe to this one right now.

Alex,
Thank you for writing! That would be a great choice for the campaign once you are ready.

Gaz

OK Gary thank you.
c4willy
Visit this Community
Christchurch, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,673 posts
Armorama: 120 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 05:58 AM UTC
I echo Gaz's sentiments regarding the level of skill and work being shown simply amazing work gents!
fhvn4d
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 803 posts
Armorama: 564 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 06:22 AM UTC
As they say better late than never! I have started a vintage 1971 manufactured M-56 Scorpion.

ClaytonFromEllijay
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 06:31 PM UTC
Brian, thank you for the trip down Memory Lane! I bought this kit from the local drugstore when it first came out for like $1.99 or something...(a lot of money for a 10-year-old)...I was a pretty sloppy modeler (Still am, in fact), but had a blast building it! I'm looking forward to seeing yours!
fhvn4d
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 07:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Brian, thank you for the trip down Memory Lane! I bought this kit from the local drugstore when it first came out for like $1.99 or something...(a lot of money for a 10-year-old)...I was a pretty sloppy modeler (Still am, in fact), but had a blast building it! I'm looking forward to seeing yours!

Clayton, I have been looking for alot of these kind of kits lately! This specific kit was popped one year before I was born, but I also remember having fun as a 10 or something year old doing the same kit, along with Monogram UH-1B, PT-6 Stearman, USS Arizona, and the little bottles of Testor paint and glue. Got them from my neighborhood liquor/grocery store/ pharmacy just like you said!! Heck I can remember walking from my house with not a penny in my pocket, cutting someones lawn for 5 dollars on the way, and walking out of the store with a model kit, paint, glue, and some candy and a soda! Priceless memories that Ill treasure and ones I wish my son could enjoy! He will just have to settle for his dads stash (when hes old enough to dig into it)
TimReynaga
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,500 posts
Armorama: 297 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 07:36 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Clayton, I have been looking for alot of these kind of kits lately! This specific kit was popped one year before I was born, but I also remember having fun as a 10 or something year old doing the same kit, along with Monogram UH-1B, PT-6 Stearman, USS Arizona, and the little bottles of Testor paint and glue. Got them from my neighborhood liquor/grocery store/ pharmacy just like you said!! Heck I can remember walking from my house with not a penny in my pocket, cutting someones lawn for 5 dollars on the way, and walking out of the store with a model kit, paint, glue, and some candy and a soda! Priceless memories that Ill treasure and ones I wish my son could enjoy! He will just have to settle for his dads stash (when hes old enough to dig into it)

Brian and Clayton,

I had similar thoughts when I saw you were doing the old Revell M-56! As a kid in the 1970s I thought it (and Revell's 155mm howitzer, T-34, and Sherman) were so cool. I built only the Sherman myself, so it will be fun to see the M-56 come to life!

SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 04:25 AM UTC
Well after waiting for the barrel, then away for Armorcon, back at the desk, and paint has been applied.

GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 05:22 AM UTC
Brian,
Thanks for your very interesting submission. That's one I've never seen before in a scale I didn't know existed.

Kevin,
That coat of green definitely says "Russian!" Did that come from a bottle, or did you mix it yourself?

Gaz

P.S. Page one is currently updated. As usual, please drop me a line if I've messed it up or forgotten something.
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 05:30 AM UTC
Gary

That is Ammo by Mig Russian Base applied thin over Ammo Dark Yellow primer pre-shaded with Ammo Black primer.

Kevin
fhvn4d
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 06:00 AM UTC
Hey Kevin!!!! I see you made it back over the border... that big box raise any eyebrows at the crossing ?? LOL!!!

Spent a couple days working on the M-56, some paint and some wheels and track work.

Black_sheep
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 823 posts
Armorama: 170 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 06:54 PM UTC
So far this is my first situation report to you: I was able to use up the first add-on set (BRACH Model Marder III M interior set BM-013) and did finished the drivers compartment - well almost finished as I still need to intall to parts of the clutch shift but I can only install it at the very end when all walls are glued together. The turned barrel inside this set was sold before because I already got one turned Barrel with the BLAST Models add-on set. I´m not sure about the padded side protection which is in BRACH´s set included as I didn´t saw it in the few inside few pictures I do have from Nuts & Bolts but I decided to use it. But I was trying to give some more wiring to the vehicle, it is not 100 % like the real one but a bit closer. The missing (tiny) crew compartment heater was done by scratch parts. Later there will not much left about it to be seen through the open hatches and flaps anyway.

These are the results of my work of this weekend - there is no way back now anymore

Selfmade Crew compartment heater

wiring at the sidewall

gear (the small Tension spring for the clutch was done with flower wire rolled around a 0,4 mm drill)

Drivers cupola

Brach´s complete interior

Thanks for watching

Cheers

Thomas
ClaytonFromEllijay
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 07:11 PM UTC
Very fine work there, Thomas!
fhvn4d
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 08:07 PM UTC
OUTSTANDING WORK Thomas!!!! the details are quite exquisite!!! cant wait to see paint on it !
GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Monday, October 03, 2016 - 12:20 PM UTC
Thomas,
Wow! That is some great starting work on your Marder. I'm afraid that now mine will have to go hide in a dark corner.

Keep it up!

Gaz
GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Monday, October 03, 2016 - 12:22 PM UTC
Brian,
That Scorpion is an interesting looking machine. Has anyone of the big companies ever done a detailed version of it?

Gaz
Klaus-Adler
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,505 posts
Armorama: 840 posts
Posted: Monday, October 03, 2016 - 04:24 PM UTC
Hi all,

I plan to be building Verlinden's British Para's PIAT Team and what's the first rule of PIAT Team.... DON'T MISS!

fhvn4d
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, October 03, 2016 - 05:07 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Brian,
That Scorpion is an interesting looking machine. Has anyone of the big companies ever done a detailed version of it?

Gaz

I have only ever seen or heard of ONE other company who did the M-56 in anything but braille scale, and that was a resin offering by Hobby Fan. I have not personally built it purely because even on Evilbay, they are going for 125$ USD. The few outlets I ever saw that had it were retailing in the 200 dollar range and for me thats just not an investment I wanted to make! Besides, this little gem actually does a pretty nice job of representing. I am hoping in the future that it will come out as one of the "World of Tanks" offerings. It would be fun to build another and detail it up with some more accurate bits and scratchbuilding. For now, Im thrilled by the fit and all of this kit, just some flash to clean off and some ejector pin marks that hopefully will hide under the tires!
Scipio2010
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 323 posts
Armorama: 221 posts
Posted: Monday, October 03, 2016 - 07:39 PM UTC
Update on the Jagd-100. The tracks and running gear are done and I replaced the kits exhausts with the resin set from PPP. Overall its coming along pretty easily. Im debating on adding some anti-air armor over the engine deck.

Northern_Lad
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 462 posts
Armorama: 417 posts
Posted: Monday, October 03, 2016 - 10:31 PM UTC
Some progress with the Dragon Stug IV early…

All the wheels are prepped…

Engine deck on, and a bit of photo etch too…

And on the other side…

Have added some very fine copper mesh to enhance the fighting compartment floor. It may not be accurate but its an improvement on the smooth surface that was there before…

Getting the track links in the right order so the pegs locate with the holes was an effort no thanks to the Dragon instructions…

I may add a motley crew of sub-zero tankers too…

Cheers

Matthew
GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 02:10 AM UTC
Congratulations everyone! We now have 70 members, many of whom have started their builds already.

David,
Thank you for your submission! The gallant British Paras are always a fascinating subject, and I'm really looking forward to how you get on with them.

Brian,
That is a hefty price tag, I'll agree. Hopefully WoT will bring it to life as much as they have the paper Panzers.

Shawn,
Your PE work looks great on the engine deck! I hafta say that the slab of armor at the front of your Jgd-100 is impressively thick. I haven't studied the PP's much, and it would be interesting to see what kind of loads they were expected to bear.

Matthew,
I always find that getting past the road wheels on any PzKw-IV variant the most daunting part. I really like the mesh you added to the inner deck. Once painted and weathered it will add some nice texture. Makes me wonder what kind of surface they had inside those things.

Good stuff, everyone!

Gaz