Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Meow Official Posting Thread
emroglan
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,163 posts
Armorama: 842 posts
Posted: Monday, July 24, 2006 - 01:49 AM UTC
Will we move our cats into a separate gallery for the campaign, or will this topic do? (Hope I didn't miss any announcement, I can't check regularly nowadays)
WingTzun
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 853 posts
Armorama: 515 posts
Posted: Monday, July 24, 2006 - 02:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

So far, I've got 13 folks down as having completed their projects. What's up with the other 100+ of you? We are almost 2 months into the campaign

I have mine started and since the campaign runs through December< "What is the rush?"

If I'ld have known that I was expected to finish 2 months into the campaign I wouldnoot have bothered to enlist.
WildCard
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 945 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, July 24, 2006 - 03:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

If I'ld have known that I was expected to finish 2 months into the campaign I wouldnoot have bothered to enlist.

:-) :-) :-) Dave! No rush... I havent finish mine either. Hell I haven't even start the Tiger Ace campaign yet! I think Steve is just super excited about this campaign.

The last person who finish before the deadline... WINS!

WC
WildCard
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 - 07:23 AM UTC
Yo Stevo!

Got my kitty cat here for ya! Although it's not finished but it's certainly gettin' ready!

WC
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Armorama: 3,034 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 26, 2006 - 04:02 PM UTC
I'm not trying to rush anybody. The campaigne does run until the end of December. It's just that there are a number of folks out there I know who have forgotten. And this is official post site. I am able to monitor it daily and I have a list Iam keeping so that I can make sure everyone gets their ribbon in January.
bilko
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 584 posts
Armorama: 241 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 26, 2006 - 06:33 PM UTC
Steve
I am going to have to withdraw from this campaign. I joined this and Duel in the Sky and have nearly completed my wingy thingy which would have allowed me plenty of time to complete the Cyber Hobby DAK Tiger.

Then work stepped in. I have today been transferred and this will be the start of about 6 months of upheaval for the family etc. I honestly don't think the 1/32 Tomahawk is going to be finished by 31 December let alone the Tiger.

Maybe there will be a similar campaign next year when I have my life sorted out again.

Brian
JimF
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 717 posts
Armorama: 621 posts
Posted: Friday, July 28, 2006 - 09:35 AM UTC
Here is my first cat out of the bag, so to speak... an M-18 Hellcat

This was the AFV Club version, and having done the Academy version and this one, all I can say is I'm going to build a lot of Tigers and Panthers and Jadgtigers and Jadgpanthers before I get around to doing another one of these... it wasn't a bad build until it was time to put the tracks on...even had a nice set of Fruils... which turned out to be pretty much out of scale for this one, so I ended up using the kit rubber bands...

As soon as I can resuse the antenna and headlight from the carpet monster, they will be glued back on.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, July 29, 2006 - 05:04 AM UTC
Got to see JIMF's Hellcat up close and personal. The PIX don't do it justice. Moe also showed up with his iitial Tiger build and we all got him straigtened out on the magic tracks. He only thought he was goofing them, he actually was doing great with them. Wildcard, Keith Magee, and Moxnix were also in attendence. Keith is going ahead with his hobby shop, so when he gets it up and runnig, ya'll will HAVE to do business with him.
swingbowler
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 162 posts
Armorama: 52 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 05, 2006 - 02:02 PM UTC
Just completed the Pink Panther. enjoy the pics.

silentsteel
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 153 posts
Armorama: 143 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 05, 2006 - 09:07 PM UTC
Hi everyone,

I'm interested in joining your campaign, but I have acouple of questions for anyone who can answer them.
First question is I've already started a DML's 3 in 1 Tiger 1, and I've combined the interier from the Academy Mid Production Tiger 1 with it, The turret is 3/4's way done, I started the project in July, can i still enter the champaign.
Second question, I'm constructing this model in another campaign, is it ok to use one model in two campaigns, I don't want to be double dipping if u know what I mean
If anyone can answer these questions i would appreciate it. I'll post pics of my project as soon as i can.( if I'm allowed to enter the campaign), Thanks
Mike
thedutchie
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,299 posts
Armorama: 919 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 05, 2006 - 09:45 PM UTC
Im roughly about half way through building my Dragon Intial Tiger. This kit is a beast. Lots of detail. Cant wait to get working on it again.

I will post pics when I get further along.

Cheers

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 - 01:45 AM UTC
So far, I have 15 folks who have reported being finished. I'll wait until mid-September before I post a list as to who I show as being done, that way if someone compleed and I missed it I can get it caught up early in the campaign. Hope everyone is having fun with this. I am still working on my entry for Tank aces, then I'll be doing the greastest tank campaign. My biggie this year will be the Leyte Gulf where I plan to do a backdate of the Yamato in 350 scale. Having to cast some parts for it.
DutchBird
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,144 posts
Armorama: 526 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2006 - 09:05 PM UTC
I just enlisted two days ago. Model is going to be a DML King Tiger (Porsche turret) with Voyager PE. I have no idea how fast the build will go. At the moment things are going allright. Painting and applying the zimmerit should be a lot of fun...

Harm.

PS I hope to post in progress pics somewhere in the next week...
Hawkeye
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 701 posts
Armorama: 640 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2006 - 10:19 PM UTC
Hey Steve,

my Luchs is well under way, all construction completed and painting started. Just wanted you to know i had not forgotten about this, but things go slower during the summer months.

Carlton, very nice Tiger B, congrats!

Regards from the Swamp

Eth
Joker
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 813 posts
Armorama: 522 posts
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2006 - 12:45 AM UTC
My Cougar is awaiting some PE and then it'll be full bore, I'd love to get it finished by our local show in October
Regards
Joker
WingTzun
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 853 posts
Armorama: 515 posts
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2006 - 02:54 AM UTC
I have my Panther II started but I stopped when I ran into some pit falls that Wildcard was kind enough to warn me about. Have Panzer Tracts new book on the way that I wanna check out before I get going again. Also been trying to reclaim my basement from the "Clutter Monster" so I actually have a permanet space to work.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2006 - 07:53 AM UTC
That book is "killer" !! Wildcard let me borrow his for a month or so (he lives just north of of me 5 or 6 miles) and I definitely put the time to good use. Stuff scans real good heh heh. I only did a few pages that showed nice detail drawings on certain vehicles not the whole book or even a quarter of it.so no one jump on me about copywright.. I know those lawas fairly well in my profession.

Sounds like everyoe is progressing nicely and having fun. You too MOe. Hope by now you've gotten those pesky magic tracks on and have progressed to the fun stuff.
Erik67
Visit this Community
Buskerud, Norway
KitMaker: 1,871 posts
Armorama: 1,423 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2006 - 10:45 PM UTC
Well, I have finally started my project for this campaign.

In time this...

will become this...

... a Norwegian Leopard 2A4.

Erik
WildCard
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, August 18, 2006 - 08:07 AM UTC
Yo Stevo!

Where is our photo section? I got my new Panther 2 photo ready!!

WC
rebelsoldier
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,336 posts
Armorama: 757 posts
Posted: Friday, August 18, 2006 - 04:41 PM UTC
hi guys,

not started yet, but will after i get onto new shift in septmenber, and will be leting you know when its done, and then someone can tell me how to post da pic here or in a gallery

nite owl reb
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,161 posts
Armorama: 542 posts
Posted: Monday, August 28, 2006 - 07:46 AM UTC
Well after many headaches with the Magic Tracks, I've finally completed my Dragon Initial Tiger. Not bad for my 5th tank although there are some areas I wished I had done better and some mistakes I made due to me overlooking things. Have a couple of little things to clean up still, evening out the weathering of the tracks and add another steel drybrush to them etc. Still enjoyed the build and am looking forward to my next one, which one I'm not sure just yet. lol

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, August 28, 2006 - 01:35 PM UTC
great job MOe. I know how hard you worked on this one. It came out really fine. I like the weathering, You have conveyed the dusty environment quite well.
Johnston_RCR
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 470 posts
Armorama: 367 posts
Posted: Monday, August 28, 2006 - 10:40 PM UTC
Give me a day or so to finish up the painting, decals, and get some dullcote on it, and my pics will be in for my completed Leo 2A5 test vehicle.
dexter059
Visit this Community
Region de Valparaiso, Chile
KitMaker: 1,569 posts
Armorama: 1,385 posts
Posted: Monday, August 28, 2006 - 10:47 PM UTC
I have started my 2nd entry, Chilean Leopard 1V ......the amount of scratch it´s driving me crazy, but I guess it will turn into something close to the real thing.....I hope...... :-) :-)

Cheers
Blade48mrd
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,185 posts
Armorama: 810 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 01:54 AM UTC
Yo Moe -

Excellent job on the Tiger. You've done yourself proud. Nicely detailed and weathered (don't forget your antenna). Many thanks again for picking up the Dragon Marder for me at Hobby Lobby. You da man!

With Fall Baseball about over, I'll now be able to focus more on getting my Tamiya Tiger I (Mid) really going for the "MEOW". Hoping to get Atak 'Zim' on this weekend and some good progress toward completion. I'll get there eventually.

Blade48mrd