Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
APC's/AFV's Campaign
gamodelmaker
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 186 posts
Armorama: 129 posts
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2008 - 05:22 AM UTC
hey mike dont ues any super glue they will melt the track. this is what i have been using and its great. get you some of this glue gators grip hobby glue thats how i over come the bad fitting of those awful testors tracks.
gamodelmaker
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2008 - 02:56 PM UTC
welli had a great day at the bench today it got paint on it. all i have to do is the pioneer tools and paint and trim the windows and weather it and its done.

Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 04:50 AM UTC
After a recent spade of more involved builds (interiors, camouflage and heavy weathering etc.) I wanted a 'simple' project to just have some fun. An M1130 Stryker (the AFV Club kit) was calling my name today in the LHS (actually, it's been calling ever since it arrived..lol), so I decided to join you here for some light relief.

this is a complete OOB build, all hatches will be closed, no added gear or slat armour... (have you seen that slat armour? Insane, I tell you... ) just a cleanish vehicle as it would appear in Barracks (Garrison).

Some great work here already, I'll have a closer look later tonight.

Cheers
Henk
vindicare_assassin
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 31 posts
Armorama: 25 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 05:49 AM UTC
I just bought a Bronco Staghound on a bit of a whim, mainly cuz my grandfather served in Italy dureing the later stages of the war in one. So I thought I might as well join you lot as there is plenty of time running on this and I've got a load of other campaigns to complete to

Like Henk mine will be stricktly 'out the box' as the only photo I have of the vehicle I want to build is of my grandfather and the rest of his crew sitting atop his staghound just after they were issued it so is fairly clean with only a few tarps, gerry cans and helmets hanging off the sides
gamodelmaker
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Sunday, November 30, 2008 - 06:59 AM UTC
this gb is done also. the lav-150 mecar gun was a really fun build to do . thier was no decals in the kit so thier wont be any put on also no weathering done to it. i may do that later in the year but not now. the only thing that has to go on is the 2 machine guns and the mirrors and its done but to me i am done with it, so here are just a few pics of the lav 150. 90mm mecar gun.

SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 30, 2008 - 09:05 AM UTC
I have now made progress on the suspension and the interior of the Puma. The level of detail on the suspension and interior is fastastic. The fit is perfect and this kit is a joy so far. Highly recommended so far!

tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 08:40 AM UTC
Hello all!

Now that I've finished my Stryker build it was time to find a subject to help reduce the size of my stash. I've signed up for this campaign and will be entering with the Revell SpPz-2 Luchs.

I noted that there is some discrepancy in the scales permitted on the sign up page. I read in an earlier post in this forum that 1/72 is permitted. I have another kit that I'd like to enter but it's an old JB models 1/76 scale Saladin armoured car. My question to the Campaign leader is could a 1/76 scale build be permitted? Please!

Regards,
Jan

SteveW
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 48 posts
Armorama: 44 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 11:27 AM UTC
Hello all!
I'm in! This is my first campaign,luckily I am already working on a subject that fit. I am working on the good old Tamiya SdKfz 222. Its the new rebox w/metal barrel and photoetch screens, I am also throwing in an Eduard photoetch set. Pics will follow soon .
muttley
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 251 posts
Armorama: 202 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 03:35 AM UTC
Hey guys

Heres my submission for the campaign, its an old BMP1 kit which Im not really sure if its made by Revell or Italerie cause it wasnt in any box when I won the kit in Ebay

All I remember is that it actually came with a squad of Russian Spetznaz toy soldiers, the kit itself was in bad shape, the main hull was bented and twisted and I was just thankful most of the parts were still connected to the sprue tree

The model was overall painted in green and lightly sprayed with light green stripes for a faded camo effect. I used the decals that came with it and I dont even know what unit it is supposed to be with and where was the vehicle stationed. It was a good campaign and I enjoyed it

skeletondude
Visit this Community
Jogeva, Estonia
KitMaker: 129 posts
Armorama: 125 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 03:42 AM UTC
Very nice work, everyone!

Jan, sure you can, I'll edit the rules later so that 1/76 would also be allowed.
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 07:15 PM UTC
Rei,

Subtle effect but nicely done BMP.

Marek,

Thank you very much for permitting 1/76. Had that kit for a while and am anxious to see what it will look like.

Regards,
Jan
mikado
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 329 posts
Armorama: 254 posts
Posted: Monday, December 08, 2008 - 03:13 PM UTC
Over the weekend, I was able to applied a few coat of "white" into the interior of the M113.
Instead of using white, I used Tamiya Sky color which gives a diffrerent hue of white...it actually looks a litte greenish white...

I then mask out the opening to protect the interior paint...

As luck would have it...due to wear and tear, after airbrushing the interior, my trusted airbrush hose which I have been using for more than 3 years punctured itself and I could not get any reliable pressure from the compressor to airbrush the exterior...

Well...have to make a trip to the LHS to get the replacement this coming weekend..

D_J_W
Visit this Community
Hamilton, New Zealand
KitMaker: 436 posts
Armorama: 367 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 - 08:33 PM UTC
Hello all

Here is my submission to the Campaign. Mr T's 36 year old Dingo with a simple conversion into one of four Daimler Dingos used by D Coy, 1st Btn NZ Regt, Tana Hitam, Northern Malaya 1958.

I used Jeffrey Plowman's Peace-Keeping Armour of New Zealand as my prime reference along with "Armour Car" No.13 and various pics from the net.

A fun little build, hope you enjoy

cheers
David
Removed by original poster on 12/12/08 - 02:13:57 (GMT).
Removed by original poster on 12/12/08 - 04:34:15 (GMT).
SteveW
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 04:55 PM UTC
Third Times a charm!! Heres some pics of my S dKfz 222. I couldn't justify spending $60+ on a AM interior so I'm just scratching one out!!

Thats All for now,
Steve
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 08:04 PM UTC
Good looking interior, Steve. It is pretty convincing even if it is scratchbuild.

Looking forward to see more
SteveW
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 10:21 AM UTC
Thanks!! I have done some more work ...suspension, gun,and turret bits. This is my first AM photo etch set, and I was wondering what kind of CA anyone could suggest , I am useing a thin type made by ExtremePower. I picked it up at Hobby Lobby, I am kinda frustrated I keep getting these big ridges or globs around the part and having to clean them up, or remove completely and redo. More pics soon!!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 10:08 PM UTC
I have now made more progress on my Puma. This is probably one of the most detailed plastic kit I have made. It is great value from money from Dragon. The interior is very detailed and looks great when finished.

More to follow...

tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 - 08:31 AM UTC
Greetings all! Some nice builds appearing in this campaign. I think that I chose a rather more involved subject than I anticipated. The 1/72 Revell Luchs is quite the kit after my recent return to the hobby. Anyway, here below are some progress shots.

Main three piece hull. That top of the hull was somewhat warped and had to be forcefully coaxed into position.

The next two shots are of the first (main) axle parts and completed.

The axle and the four part tire.

Axle support components and the first wheel on the front axle. Axle is dry fitted on the supports.

I've been working on the myriad of tie bars and other suspension components and will try to get more pictures up either later today or tomorrow. That is if I don't go cross-eyed or insane during the building process.

Cheers,
Jan
SteveW
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 - 10:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I couldn't justify spending $60+ on a AM interior so I'm just scratching one out!!

That's what real building is about, thought I learned you better. You going to post these up over at home base?

Of course you "learned"me well, Gary

The pics are up at base in my folder marked Steve Woodard sub folder SdKfz222.

Any way still working on the turret and such should get some new pics up in the next few days!
marsiascout
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,247 posts
Armorama: 913 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 - 10:12 PM UTC
Finally the final photo's. It's finished for a while now.

A lot of things went wrong. Even though those problems, I´m pretty happy with the result.

Lars
CombatKrieg
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 517 posts
Armorama: 382 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 24, 2008 - 03:53 AM UTC
The LAV-AD reminds me of the vehicles in MechWarrior 4 somehow... Nice build!