Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
German WWII railway depot dio part I
GregCloseCombat
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,408 posts
Armorama: 2,394 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 03, 2010 - 07:44 AM UTC
Hi, It's coming together nicely and I think the railway station will look great with those added items
grave_digger
Visit this Community
Clare, Ireland
KitMaker: 952 posts
Armorama: 834 posts
Posted: Monday, January 04, 2010 - 07:42 AM UTC
Thank you guys for your kind words
Cheers
Libor
monkybutt
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 381 posts
Armorama: 321 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 - 08:21 AM UTC
I'm sorry if you already posted this and if I missed it, but are you putting any railway vehicles on the rails?
This is so cool!
-Andrew
panzerIV
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 781 posts
Armorama: 676 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 - 11:37 AM UTC
this is a great dio! im not 1 for trains but this dio is so big and shaping up so well!

the staff car you have in the dio which company make that?

the howitzer looks good from what can be seen lol and its a great idea to place it on the flat bed. have you thought about maybe a flakveirling? or would you say thats a common piece of equipment on german flatbeds

will keep an eye on this
keep modelling

tony
grave_digger
Visit this Community
Clare, Ireland
Posted: Thursday, January 07, 2010 - 03:48 AM UTC
Thank you guys
Andrew, I will get some one for my next update
Anthony, the Opel is from Bronco, with some details fixed. I have many pictures with various guns or flaks or flakvierlings mounted on the cars, mainly for armored trains, but also commonly to defend trains loaded with tanks, planes or supplies. It seems they used any suitable hardware to protect their trains
grave_digger
Visit this Community
Clare, Ireland
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2010 - 12:13 AM UTC
Dio is not finished yet, many more to be added sooner or later, figures, other vehicles, loco etc. But I have to leave my dio until my BR86 loco is done. Here are some pictures I have taken for ending SLL campaign.

Cheers
Libor

AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2010 - 01:40 AM UTC
Hi Libor,

This is looking really excellent. Sorry i haven't dropped in for a while. I really like the randomness of the lay out, the different levels and the workmanship.

Excvellent stuff, coming along in leaps and bounds.

Looks liek you need a bigger table One suggestion for when it's done, would be to get some large plain backing paper you can sip under and behine it to block out the bikes/curtains etc. Just a though.

Cheers

Al
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
Armorama: 1,468 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2010 - 08:26 AM UTC
Libor, thought the train had left the station without you. Nice to see you and your dio again. Looking better each time you update. Wish mine was going on as nicely.
jba
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 1,845 posts
Armorama: 777 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2010 - 09:19 PM UTC
Libor you amaze me, I think the whole has got really something, I can't wait to see yet further progresses
Take care the dio seems to take as much place as your bicycle
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2010 - 10:00 PM UTC
Hi Libor. You´ve made some great progress since I last dropped in. The vegetation around the different elements is amazing. The varity makes it very natural. The sheer size of this project is very inspiring. Keep her cuttin.
grave_digger
Visit this Community
Clare, Ireland
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2010 - 08:50 PM UTC
Thank you all guys for your kind comments, they are much appreciated.
Cheers
Libor
TREEMENDUS
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 86 posts
Armorama: 82 posts
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2010 - 10:15 PM UTC
Hi Libor

I first came across this a long time ago and have not seen it for ages. What progress! your groundwork is looking great mate as is the whole build in general. I must say your latest photos do your work the justice it deserves. Great stuff, keep it up.

Ant - TREEMENDUS
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,116 posts
Armorama: 1,080 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 07, 2010 - 08:40 AM UTC
Libor, I have said it before, AWESOME ! I am learning so much from following your work here. Regards, milvehfan
Sveamore
KitMaker: 59 posts
Armorama: 19 posts
Posted: Monday, March 08, 2010 - 10:16 PM UTC
Hello Libor,
I have been following this thread for quite some time as I am currently working on a 200 x 60 cm diorama myself depicting a withdrawl by train and an advance by armour all on the one display in Normandy 44. I am quietly impressed with your mold making pieces I have to say:-) Keep up the good work and I look forward to more photo's in the not too distant future. I have a question for you though. I will soon be thinking about adding ballast for the tracks and am unsure what to use for this in 1/35 scale? Can I ask what you used or think is appropiate? Any help greatly appreciated of course. Thank you.
grave_digger
Visit this Community
Clare, Ireland
Posted: Thursday, March 11, 2010 - 12:24 AM UTC
Thank you guys, you are very kind. Sven, I am afraid that will take some time until next update. I am looking forward to see more of your work shown up soon. For the balast, I ordered some here ballast Everything else I could have found at the market was too fine for this scale. But I had to shatter it a bit. Hope that can help
Cheers
Libor
Sveamore
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2010 - 04:46 PM UTC
Hi Libor,
Thank you for the link, I should have seen it earlier when you were at that particular stage of the dio. As for seeing pictures of my dio all I can say is it is divided into 3 sections. A foreground, centre and background. I have only been working on the foreground but when I get to a presentable stage I will be happy to upload so photo's. In the meantime I look forward to your next installment. with your even bigger undertaking. Thanks again.
Regards
Sven.
Sveamore
Posted: Saturday, March 27, 2010 - 12:00 AM UTC
Hi Libor,
Hope I'm doing this right. OK, you asked to see some of my progress on my own insanely large diorama. Enjoy:-) Keep up the good work.
Regards
Sven

http://gallery.kitmaker.net/showphoto.php/photo/335749/ppuser/28215
grave_digger
Visit this Community
Clare, Ireland
Posted: Saturday, March 27, 2010 - 02:35 AM UTC
Hi Sven,
those show outstanding work mate, look really great. Nice Job.
Cheers
Libor
Sveamore
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 - 11:20 PM UTC
Hi Libor,
Thanks for the nice comments, as you know yourself with large scale dioramas there is just so much work involved. I thought my project was big...well, it is, but your diorama actually makes mine look average in scale. I pity you if you ever have to move house:-) As always, I'm looking forward to the next installment:-)
Regards
Sven.
velotrain
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 384 posts
Armorama: 320 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2012 - 10:14 PM UTC
Libor – The railway crane (and everything else you do – I just ordered the water crane kit) is amazing, but I’ll make a couple of detail comments on the worm and spur gears at the base of the crane – used to turn it. I do realize that this is a MIG kit and that the design faults are with them, but these things could be corrected during the build – for anyone else doing it. Maybe you can produce a corrected spur gear for it.

First is that the worm gear shaft is mounted too low, such that only a minor portion of the gear engages with the spur gear. I don’t know why they did this, but it would create early and uneven wear and possibly cause the gears to be ineffective at turning the crane – especially under load. Second the teeth on the spur gear should not be vertical, as they are theoretically meshing with the angled worm gear.

Look at any web site describing types of gears. I wouldn’t mention something so relatively small – and not of your own authoring, but from what I have read in your own comments, thought that you would want to know this for the future.

Charles