Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
German WWII railway depot dio part I
grave_digger
Visit this Community
Clare, Ireland
KitMaker: 952 posts
Armorama: 834 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 - 07:14 AM UTC
Thank you, Pat, for the kind comment and welcome advice, I´ll give it a try
I have finished the poles, but truly here Plus Model did not do a good job. I could have made rather the insulators by myself, but once I had spent money for this, I wanted to use it. Anyway, that will look better in mess of wires later.

Libor
Gorizont
Visit this Community
Sachsen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,462 posts
Armorama: 1,289 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 - 08:28 AM UTC
I like the toilet-house!!! Something to smile about it.

Also the poles with its isolators are an interesting thing! Would be interesting so see them with the cables on.

greetings...
Soeren
grave_digger
Visit this Community
Clare, Ireland
Posted: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 - 09:51 AM UTC
Thanks, soeren, I agree with you, and actually I have a few ideas in my mind to show in my dios sooner or latter. They can call out a smile, but the sad feeling as well, if we imagine, how stupid and senseless wars are
I will stick the poles on their places soon, and in no time they will get their wires on.
I have finished the coaling boxes and more work done on the ties, so fresh pictures will appear soon.
Libor
grave_digger
Visit this Community
Clare, Ireland
Posted: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 - 10:35 PM UTC
Now, the coaling boxes are finished and ties painted, ready for oils and painting of the metal parts after that

Thanks for looking
Libor
grave_digger
Visit this Community
Clare, Ireland
Posted: Sunday, September 06, 2009 - 03:48 AM UTC
I have taken a short break from my dio, and I am working on a few small vehicles, BMW R75 or Zündapp KS750 with sidecar motorcycles and more, which will be a part of the dio anyway. My current progress can be found at my website, some details also in a topic overhere at Armorama, in Constructive feedback section. But the dio will be updated as well soon.

Cheers
Libor
grave_digger
Visit this Community
Clare, Ireland
Posted: Tuesday, September 08, 2009 - 02:57 AM UTC
Ordered plastics arrived yesterday at last, so I have returned to the water crane. The base is finished, and lettering is the only thing to be done. I have made mould to get resin letters, and if everything goes well, first castings should be obtained tomorrow, otherwise I will have to use Aber´s PE lettering.

Cheers
Libor
grave_digger
Visit this Community
Clare, Ireland
Posted: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 - 02:00 AM UTC
Actually I was wrong with the nuts on the base, thank to my colleague Ondrej I have it corrected now to the right appearance. Also lettering castings are made, first time I lost pressure in the tank and letters were a bit flat, but second time they came out very well. The letters are 1mm high

Cheers
Libor
jba
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 1,845 posts
Armorama: 777 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 - 02:26 AM UTC
I must say I am absolutely not into toilet humour in dioramas, so now i breathe again in your SBS and can just marvel at the precision and symmetry of your work, you are really a hell of a good scratchbuilding machine to get all this regularity in rivets and other things
grave_digger
Visit this Community
Clare, Ireland
Posted: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 - 03:54 AM UTC
Thank you, JBA, I really appreciate that
With the toilet I have got an idea (to be explained later), so there was need to have one.
Now, the single letters to be glued on their place. I will clean everything better, when whole thing is primed.

Libor
grave_digger
Visit this Community
Clare, Ireland
Posted: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 - 09:05 AM UTC
And now, all the parts got surfacer coat and they are ready to get feeders. I will make the moulds in next days.

Thanks for looking
Libor
Occam
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 190 posts
Armorama: 129 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 - 08:27 PM UTC
Absolutely beautiful work! Thanks for all the updates...
Tiger314
Visit this Community
Baden-Württemberg, Germany
KitMaker: 16 posts
Armorama: 16 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 - 11:19 PM UTC
Great work, as always dude!

Greetz from Mannheim (I live close to the old bopp und reuther facility )
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2009 - 01:10 AM UTC
More great details. The reality you are getting in small scale is great.
grave_digger
Visit this Community
Clare, Ireland
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2009 - 06:15 AM UTC
Thank you all for the nice comments. This is still just a master to be used for making moulds, and I hope that resin water crane will be out in a week time and as good as this one. I wanted to use another company make, but I could not get any more details about their symbols, so I had to switch into this one. They had manufactured whole lot of different cranes that time, so I hope I am not too far from the real thing. These cranes were very similar anyway, but Bopp ones I have seen had the turning mechanism without the weight, which I also left out from my build. Here are some pictures how it should look like when finished.

Cheers
Libor
Gorizont
Visit this Community
Sachsen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,462 posts
Armorama: 1,289 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2009 - 10:10 AM UTC
I´ve searched on the net for this shown logo, but didn´t found it. (if you planned to scratch that too)
The water-crane-model looks very nice at this stage! WOW!

greetings...
Soeren
grave_digger
Visit this Community
Clare, Ireland
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2009 - 11:01 AM UTC
Thank you, Soeren, I took that picture in steam locomotive museum in Neuenmarkt, but I did not know, I´d build it later. Otherwise I would get more and closer shot. Nevermind, Bopp is allright too.
I have ready 3 of 5 masters for making the moulds. The rest will be done soon as well, and after surfacer coat they are ready to be put in silicone.

Cheers
Libor
grave_digger
Visit this Community
Clare, Ireland
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 - 12:54 AM UTC
I have started the moulds today, and before they get cured, I am finishing the motorcycle for painting. Just one more coat of surfacer now, then all will be cleaned gently, because there are some spots to be improved, usually the glue scraps - although the inaccuracies can be only spoted on zoomed images - and finally I will start painting.

Cheers
Libor
grave_digger
Visit this Community
Clare, Ireland
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 - 08:46 AM UTC
My moulds are getting cured, 3 more to go tomorrow.

Meanwhile I turned back to things I should have done already. I built gutter pipe for ruined building, fixed the roof and finally put on the upper window frames. There are still things to be painted, after that I will start the ground work and weathering at the end.

Thanks for looking
Libor
jba
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 1,845 posts
Armorama: 777 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 - 09:24 PM UTC
Good bit of intricate detailing and weathering on the roof
grave_digger
Visit this Community
Clare, Ireland
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 - 05:47 AM UTC
Thank you, jba, I am just painting the gutter pipe and the tracks, after lot of filling and sanding, so nothing exciting today. Actually yeah, have finished first two moulds for the water crane, look great.
Cheers
Libor
grave_digger
Visit this Community
Clare, Ireland
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 - 10:46 AM UTC
The gutter things mounted and painted, and a test shot made with unfinished bike at the front More weathering letter. The channel has been left a bit crooked after building damage like. The details inside can be seen nicely through the window

Thanks for looking
Libor
SimonW
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 72 posts
Armorama: 59 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 17, 2009 - 03:10 AM UTC
As others have said before this is a wonderful diorama and I'm learning so much from it. Thanks for taking such good photos of your amazing work. Can't think how I missed seeing it earlier.
grave_digger
Visit this Community
Clare, Ireland
Posted: Thursday, September 17, 2009 - 12:59 PM UTC
Thank you Simon, it always brings good feelings to read words like this. Much appreciated, mate.
Not much done today, all the mouds for water crane finished and fresh castings will be shown soon. In between I am still fighting the kick off marks on the tracks, filling and sanding hardly again and again
Cheers
Libor
guygantic
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
KitMaker: 7,084 posts
Armorama: 970 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 17, 2009 - 07:39 PM UTC
Oh man I like the roof of this building ! In fact, I love it all ! This is something !
grave_digger
Visit this Community
Clare, Ireland
Posted: Friday, September 18, 2009 - 05:02 AM UTC
Thank you, Guy, there are still many things to be done on this building, powerline and light, some painting and weathering as well, then all the groung work, well lots....
Cheers
Libor