Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
MP
GaryKato
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,694 posts
Armorama: 2,693 posts
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 - 08:16 PM UTC
There should now be a photo gallery for this campaign.
http://gallery.kitmaker.net/showgallery.php/cat/24973
RKinsella
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 603 posts
Armorama: 575 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 24, 2009 - 12:14 AM UTC
Bruce - Thanks for your comments, they are very much appreciated.
Enjoy your build, there is no rush of course, I just had some extra time on my hand and my dio was only small so got it finished early
..I'm prob going to start my M1117 Guardian. I love this vehicle so I'll prob go with a dio of a checkpoint or something like that. I'm, playing around with a few figures pieces for the dio at the moment.. I'll post when I get started

Gary - Great work with the photos gallery, thanks man
grayghost666
KitMaker: 2,458 posts
Armorama: 656 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 25, 2009 - 11:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

There should now be a photo gallery for this campaign.
http://gallery.kitmaker.net/showgallery.php/cat/24973

Hello Gary,
Thank you for the gallery and making this a "sticky" thread. Any ideas about the ribbon. It was sent to me via E-Mail and I cannot get it to post(?) on the campaign page.
Do you know how MarkM is doing? I have had a few heart attacks and know how long it takes to get back to normal. Not that I was ever normal.
Thanks again,
Cheers,
Bruce
GaryKato
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, October 25, 2009 - 05:35 PM UTC
On the campaign page, click on the Admin:Create Award link. This takes you to a page with 2 text fields that you MUST fill out: Award name and award description. A name example would be "MP Campaign" or "Military Police Campaign". The description is usually "This award signifies this person completed the MP Campaign". Once filled out, click the "Add Award" button. At this point the system allocates a specific name for the file you are to upload. Rename the ribbon picture file on your computer to this name. Click the "Choose file" button and choose the file. Then click the "Add Award" button and that should be it.

I'm afraid I have no idea how Mark is doing.
grayghost666
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2009 - 08:57 AM UTC
Hello Gary,
DUH!!!
I usually send it to MarkM and he did the rest. I need how to do it, So I will give it a shot. If I run into any problems, I will send a PM to you.
Got your PM and send a reply.
Thanks,
Cheers,
Bruce
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
KitMaker: 3,098 posts
Armorama: 1,236 posts
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2009 - 10:24 AM UTC
Here is my first in-progress photo of the Tamiya U.S. Military Police Set that I am using for this campaign.

I have most of the construction done. I just need to add the windscreen and the lens to the headlight which I will do after I finish the painting. I just need to wash everything and apply a base coat of paint.

I decided not to use the rider figure that comes with the set. I just want to have the MP standing next to the motorcycle as he directs traffic.

The blue item in the background is a lid from a mayonnaise jar that I am going to use for my base.

Hopefully I will have another photo to share soon.

HARV
Fazer1006
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 234 posts
Armorama: 68 posts
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2009 - 07:52 PM UTC
Hey Harv,
Nice build up! (I've got that one in my stash somewhere )
After a big push over the weekend (& the wife was working ) I have got the figure painted with a face only a mother could love. (ran out of Hornet US heads & have to stock up again at IPMS show)

The tamiya Kettenkraftrad is a quick & painless build with a few cable & gear levers added from strecthed sprue & looking a bit toylike at the moment but some oil dot weathering & dusting with light buff should tone things down a bit.

I will post a few more pics in the campaign gallery.
Anyway, the push goes on for IPMS show in 2 weeks

Mark
grayghost666
Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 - 11:29 AM UTC
Hello All,
@ Harv,
Looking great, Love the jar lid base. I would not have thought about using them.

@Mark,
Looking good, Too bad there is not a ME-262 to go with it. Hint, Hint.

Me, I have the figures and the snow for the setting. Now I just have to make them, Paint them and make the base.
Thanks for the updates,
Cheers,
Bruce
grayghost666
Posted: Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 04:29 PM UTC
Hello All,
I hope all is well with all of you. It has been a few days since an update, So I figure everyone is busy working on your MP Build.
I will be gone for 10+ days, I have to have heart surgery Monday. Jim McIntosh (JimMrr) will keep an eye on this campaign while I am gone. If you have any problems or questions, Please ask him.
I have full confidence in Jim, He is a great modeler and great Friend.
See you in a few days/weeks,
Cheers,
Bruce
GaryKato
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 04:34 PM UTC
I hope the operation is a success. Maybe someone could sneak a compressor and airbrush into the recovery ward.
JimMrr
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,505 posts
Armorama: 382 posts
Posted: Monday, November 09, 2009 - 02:34 AM UTC
hoping and praying for ya Bruce! ..Youre a tough old bird and youll get the best of this thing ..no worries!...theres beer waiting for ya when you get back!
RKinsella
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
Posted: Monday, November 09, 2009 - 08:02 AM UTC
Yea best of Luck Bruce, see you back soon!
JimMrr
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2009 - 12:57 AM UTC
I just recieved word that Bruce is doing well and is recovering in the hospital ....Get well soon Bruceman!
JimMrr
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Sunday, November 15, 2009 - 02:36 AM UTC
How is everyones builds going?
RKinsella
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
Posted: Sunday, November 15, 2009 - 06:49 AM UTC
Well Jim I'm just begining work on my second entry, a 1/35 M1117 Guardian.
I'll be doing a large dio with the Guardian on a main road in Bagdad, it will involve a civilian car too, perhaps a taxi, I'm working with that car now..

..I'd love to hear how everyonle else is getting on too
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
KitMaker: 3,212 posts
Armorama: 2,807 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 15, 2009 - 09:58 AM UTC
Hi Roy, did you get the turret with yours? I'm working on the 1117 at present, but the sprue with all the turret parts was missing. (But I've 2 spare A sprues if you lose/break any bits....) I still started! This kit went together so easily despite the many tiny parts. It's beautifully engineered. I'll try post some pics in the coming days.

Cheers,
Sean
JimMrr
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Sunday, November 15, 2009 - 01:13 PM UTC
Sounds good guys ! ..I cant wait to check out your progress shots
I just heard from Bruce and hes back home now .....but he sounds very very tired...he says hell be back on the boards soon ...welcome back Bruceman!
big_jim1976
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
KitMaker: 25 posts
Armorama: 16 posts
Posted: Monday, November 16, 2009 - 02:16 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello All,
I am going to do a Figure Dio of MP's during WW2. Wish me luck on painting the figures. The last one I tried made Mr. Potato Head look like a work of art.
cheers,
Bruce

i ran into the same problm you have , i use card stock like a idex card or modeling tape to do details maybe that will help you
grayghost666
Posted: Monday, November 16, 2009 - 10:46 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hello All,
I am going to do a Figure Dio of MP's during WW2. Wish me luck on painting the figures. The last one I tried made Mr. Potato Head look like a work of art.
cheers,
Bruce

i ran into the same problm you have , i use card stock like a idex card or modeling tape to do details maybe that will help you

Hello Jim,
I bought a very good and expensive book on figure painting and they use the same tricks to help you paint the figures better. I just wished I knew that before I spent so much money on the book.
Thanks for the info and tricks.
Cheers,
Bruce
I have asked Jim McIntosh to say on and help me with this campaign till I get better. I hope that is OK with all of you.
Fazer1006
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 234 posts
Armorama: 68 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 01:41 AM UTC
Good to see you feeling a bit better Bruce
Lay off the wine, women & song for a bit... does you no good burning the candle from both ends...
mark
grayghost666
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 09:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Good to see you feeling a bit better Bruce
Lay off the wine, women & song for a bit... does you no good burning the candle from both ends...
mark

Hello Mark,
The women and song are easy, I live about 10 miles from my nearest neighbor and I cannot drive for a while to get any of them.
The wine is harder, I do love my 15 or 30 year old scotch to much. Plus my non filtered smokes to go with it.
How is your build going? Well I hope. I am going to have to take it easy for a while, Only a few hours at the work bench each day and Only a few hours on-line each day.
Thanks for your kind words,
Cheers,
Bruce
kamikaze
Visit this Community
Romania
KitMaker: 102 posts
Armorama: 60 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 07:07 PM UTC
Hello all. I finished my figure and sentry box , just a little bit more work at the base ( 90% ready). i'll post some pics today. good luck to all, congrats to all who finished already and get well Bruce, we need you around.
kamikaze
Visit this Community
Romania
KitMaker: 102 posts
Armorama: 60 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 01:50 AM UTC
As I said, i'm back with some pictures of my "Kettenhunde" ( chained dog - as all other soldiers called the feldgendarmes).
The begining

And this is how it looks now

Just a little more work at the base ( i made the street smaller than the base and i had a small gap i needed to fill - dough ). The signs are scratch ( the ones in the kit were too "plastic") and the writing is hand made as i suppose that's the way they did it also. The street is made from telephone cards, i had to cut every "stone" and then sand it to round the corners. .
JimMrr
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 03:12 AM UTC
looks very good Dragos..I really like the stripes on the wee guardshed.....well painted and lined up perfectly...impressive work..
grayghost666
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 10:36 AM UTC
Hello Dragos,
Great looking Dio, The Base, Figure, Guard post and Stone Work looks great. I think that you might want to enter your build in a model contest, It looks that good.
Make sure you post a photo in the gallery, So you get your ribbon at the end of the build.
Thanks for the Photo's, Update and tips,
Cheers,
Bruce