Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Korean War Campaign
GregCloseCombat
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,408 posts
Armorama: 2,394 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 03:18 PM UTC
I'm calling my Korean Sherman done. It's getting a retro?-fit with WWII sand-bag armor. Going to be a WWII sherman in its next life - here's the plans

Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 1,656 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 07:23 PM UTC
Greg, you're painting the tiger face over? Why? You don't like it? Sorry to hear... So the pics you posted before are your final pics?

What are the sandbags made of?

Cheers!
Stefan
GregCloseCombat
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 03, 2011 - 04:47 PM UTC
Hi Stefan, I think it was turning out all right, and I got a picture out of it. But, I have limited space and just want to recycle it into a new build. The sandbag armor is from Kiwi Resin on e-bay. Thanks for another interesting campaign!
muddyfields
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 884 posts
Armorama: 622 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 09:47 PM UTC
Hi
I'm going to be very unlikely to finish this build in time. Due to the Moving very soon.
I've had to pack everything into boxes for the move. Going to be at least a couple of month's before I'm modelling again.
Will be watching to see how the campaign's are doing though.
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
Posted: Saturday, August 06, 2011 - 09:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi
I'm going to be very unlikely to finish this build in time. Due to the Moving very soon.
I've had to pack everything into boxes for the move. Going to be at least a couple of month's before I'm modelling again.
Will be watching to see how the campaign's are doing though.

Aw, c'mon Shaun! There's still lots of time! I'm moving too and still planning to finish. Well, good luck in any case with the move, maybe you'll find the time to finish anyway.

Cheers!
Stefan
VLADPANZER
Visit this Community
Lebanon
KitMaker: 568 posts
Armorama: 549 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 14, 2011 - 06:55 AM UTC
Hi all,

It’s been a while since I have worked on this project, so last night I decided to work on it and now I think it is done …

Thanx for the campaign all …
Regards,
eoinryan
Visit this Community
Cork, Ireland
KitMaker: 232 posts
Armorama: 134 posts
Posted: Monday, August 22, 2011 - 02:41 AM UTC

Hey folks,

There's some great armor builds going on there! Great to see.

Anywho, it feels like I've just crawled out of a cave and we've only got three months to finish!

I've been building this MiG-15 on the slow burn, between other builds, or a bit here and there. It's time to get the thumb out now, though!

Here's some progress pics:

It's 1/32 scale which allows me to put a shedload of detail into the cockpit. Now it's a case of building up the wings and rear fuselage and tail section and start filling filing and eventually painting!

Later folks,

Eoin
Warsawpact
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 321 posts
Armorama: 273 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2011 - 07:23 AM UTC
Hi all !

There's some very nice stuff that's being built on this thread since i last had alook at it.
So, after my vaccation coming to an end i think i'll join you guys whit my Sherman 105mm HVSS kit.

Guess i'll start of by building the turret first.

The kit

The turret.
There were actually two different turrets included in the kit, and after posting a question early on this thread, on which one to use, this one was the propper one...

And since it's a Dragon kit, metal barrel mandatory!
GregCloseCombat
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2011 - 03:28 PM UTC
Great work going on....

@ Vladimir - I love how your MG cover turned out - what did you use to make it?

Thx
VLADPANZER
Visit this Community
Lebanon
Posted: Friday, August 26, 2011 - 07:59 AM UTC
Hi Greg,

Thanx! The tarp is very smile, it was made using wet tissue.

Regards,
muttley
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 251 posts
Armorama: 202 posts
Posted: Friday, August 26, 2011 - 11:10 AM UTC
Here's my campaign entry guys Finally got this circa 1970's kit done! I didn't do much on conversion except for the real obvious ones like the .30 cal machine guns. The tracks were hopeless as my budget only allowed me to use what originally came with the kit and it is terribly horrible and I am really sorry about that. I'm just hoping the paint and weathering job would be enough to satisfy everyone It was a fun campaign for me, enjoy my LVT(A)5, ugly ugly model

Ruffus
Visit this Community
Guatemala
KitMaker: 343 posts
Armorama: 223 posts
Posted: Friday, August 26, 2011 - 01:55 PM UTC
Hi! I'm going to do a Dragon 1/35 M4A3E8 Sherman, If I get some information on the tiger face version that will be the one, if not, a summer camouflage version. or maybe a M-16 quad; decisions!!, decisions!!

Byron
andyman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 142 posts
Posted: Friday, August 26, 2011 - 03:08 PM UTC
Rei,
Great job on your LVT it came out real nice and I like the camo paint.
Andy
GregCloseCombat
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2011 - 06:27 PM UTC
Nice builds everyone. Ruffus, this one's for you

Removed by original poster on 08/30/11 - 16:29:30 (GMT).
Charlie-66
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 771 posts
Armorama: 750 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 - 05:34 AM UTC
Greg, that picture is awesome! Where in the world did you get it? Now the greedy question....do you have any more you can share?

In any case thanks for posting it!
ElCapitan
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 219 posts
Armorama: 217 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 - 05:41 AM UTC
Here is my first attempt at publishing photos to a forum so I hope this works.

These photos start with the model in the box and end with the model in it's basecoat.

thanks.

Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 - 08:01 AM UTC
Well now! I go offline for two weeks and you guys have all the fun without me! Been moving the household so I've got a lot of catching up to do. The cave is back in business as of yesterday and my M46 is back on the bench.

Vlad looking good, and very "prototypey" with that unmarked finish. Approved!

Eoin looking good so far. Good to see some dark side aircraft...

Christian welcome to the campaign, glad to have you on board. We can always use more artillery support. Looking good so far.

Rei nice finish on the LVT, though I must admit that the kit seems to have little in common with the real thing... Diehl tracks?!? But I know it's fun to fix one of these oldies once in a while.

Byron go for the tiger face! We can never have enough of those and when do you ever get to use bright yellow on a tank?!

Greg great pic, never seen that one before.

Kevin good to have a halftrack, and welcome to the campaign! Looking great so far! What figure are you using?

Cheers!
Stefan
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 - 08:26 AM UTC
Chart time!

As you can see we now have 77 participants and 12 finishers. Please tell me if there is anything wrong.

Warren (warreni), please reenlist or I can't award the ribbon (for technical reasons, not because I don't want to).

Vlad, please post your pics in the campaign gallery.

Cheers!
Stefan
VLADPANZER
Visit this Community
Lebanon
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 - 08:51 AM UTC
@ Stefan: Congratulations on your new house, thanx for the approval! I too, have just moved to a new house. That is the reason for such a rushed finish (no background and no proper lights), it’s also the reason I forgot to upload it to the gallery!

Thanx a lot for the campaign it was really fun! And I have uploaded the picture to the gallery!

Regards,
ElCapitan
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 - 09:10 AM UTC
Stefan,

The figure is a mixture of two dragon kits with a Hornet head.

I used the legs from the 1st US Army at Remagen kit; the torso and arms are from the US Army tank rider kit. I just had to cut and reposition the right arm, but I think it will work.

thanks

Kevin
eoinryan
Visit this Community
Cork, Ireland
KitMaker: 232 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 - 11:22 PM UTC

Hi Kevin,

Great to see the M16- I assume that the Dragon kit is pretty good. I like the touch with the front mounted 30 cal. Your pre-shading is impressive too. Good look with the rest of the painting and weathering!

Eoin
ElCapitan
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 - 06:00 AM UTC
Eoin,

Thanks. The Dragon kit was pretty good when compared to the old Tamyia kit, which I built many years ago, but there are still small issues that would make the Dragon kit into a great kit. Simple things like including a multiple part hood to expose the included engine or molding the drainage holes in the running gear. Oh well, there is always the next iteration of the M16.

thanks

Kevin
GregCloseCombat
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 - 05:10 PM UTC
Sorry Guy - I have no more pics and I someone on the Track48.com discussion group named David gave me the pic.

A very nice Halftrack Potts!
mecanix
Visit this Community
Kerry, Ireland
KitMaker: 201 posts
Armorama: 189 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 03, 2011 - 06:45 AM UTC
Taking the "Buy an old model for charity "M24 I stripped the paint,broke it back down into its major sub-assemblies then I added a fourth return roller and new rear and front plates to give it the slight lip on the glacis plate evident in the M24 family.

I then reshaped to glacis plate removing the bow gunners position.I may have overdone the re-shapeig a bit but I can "bodge" it to get the correct shape when I bring the gun assembly,pulpit and glacis together at a later stage.
Next the drivers compartment.This is only close'ish as little should be visible through the fighting compartment appetures and the, hopefully open drivers hatch. Just enough for effect otherwise I could get sucked into over-detailing.

I admit to rushing this build and as a result it's a bit sloppy and inaccurate in places but it will look like an M37 at the end and importantly, it's been fun so far.
regards