Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Korean War Campaign
Wolfsangel
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 221 posts
Armorama: 91 posts
Posted: Monday, January 02, 2012 - 08:52 AM UTC
Hey Stefan, Thanks for that! My back is against the wall with too many campaigns ending at the worst time of the year.
I did the Italeri Jeep Ambulance for something a little different (Saw it in a book I have about Korea). Assembly is done, detailing is starting.
Thanks,
Charlie
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Monday, January 02, 2012 - 09:37 AM UTC
Hey Stefan and fellow campaigners. Had some productive time and I can see a light at the end of the tunnel. First images are of the upper hull dry fit to the lower. I use the term "fit" loosely.

Before I could complete the back half of the tank I had to cut, sand and cut and sand some more as there were gaps when I put the two halves together. With that finally accomplished I could move on to putting the last dozen pieces or so on.

The only thing left is the .50 cal. and perhaps a bit of extras on the turret. If I wasn't distracted by all the fit issues I definitely would have seen about scratching some more appropriate turnbuckles for the fender supports. Should I ever be nuts enough to build another one of these, that's one thing that I would replace.

Cheers,
Jan
gcdavidson
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,698 posts
Armorama: 1,563 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 03, 2012 - 04:47 AM UTC
Got a bit of OD laid down. Added some turret stowage and a tow cable. The plates on the front and rear at for the red & white 1-star identifier.

Still not sure how I'm going to paint that cam net.

eoinryan
Visit this Community
Cork, Ireland
KitMaker: 232 posts
Armorama: 134 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 - 11:51 AM UTC

@ Mark: Your Banshee is looking sweet! Great finish.

Eoin
gcdavidson
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 09:58 AM UTC
A bit of colour added. SPent a couple hours searching for decals and I'm in luck! With a combinations of Archer dry-rub, some ancient tamiya and monogram water decals, and some eduard vinyl masks, I'll be able to mark it as per the Generals vehicle.

md72
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 4,950 posts
Armorama: 289 posts
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2012 - 05:08 PM UTC
OK, Now what?

I can get to the gallery with out the server busy message, but I can post pictures to my gallery or to the campaign gallery. My gallery claims it uploaded OK, but the photos don't show up. The campaign gallery claims it can't up load the file type...
GaryKato
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,694 posts
Armorama: 2,693 posts
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2012 - 05:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

OK, Now what?

I can get to the gallery with out the server busy message, but I can post pictures to my gallery or to the campaign gallery. My gallery claims it uploaded OK, but the photos don't show up. The campaign gallery claims it can't up load the file type...

What is the type of file you are trying to upload? Our gallery takes GIF, JPEG, PNG, of PDF. If it some other type like TIFF, then you will have to use a graphics program to convert it. Many systems come with some sort of free graphics program which can do the conversion. You should be able to load it in the program then use "Save As" to change it to one of the types that the gallery takes (preferably JPEG). The issue might also be file size; 3MB is the limit. You can also use a graphics program to scale the image down if it is too big.
md72
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2012 - 06:59 PM UTC
File type is JPEG. I reduced it to 2.12Mb. Don't get file type error, claims it uploaded successfully, but no pic in the gallery.
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 1,656 posts
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2012 - 07:51 PM UTC
Mark, I've had the same problem. Your file is too big, you have to reduce it to e.g. 700x500 or something (whatever the relations are).

Cheers!
Stefan
md72
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, January 07, 2012 - 03:03 AM UTC
Well that nearly worked. Got one resized to 640 x 480 and uploaded before the server got busy.

>EDIT<

Ha ha, out smarted the software and got them both posted.
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 04:48 AM UTC
Final lap, gentlemen! 5 days to go! I really hope some of you will finish you ongoing projects by then? I'm already looking forward to writing the feature!

Cheers!
Stefan
gcdavidson
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 09:56 AM UTC
my decals are still in the mail! gaack!
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 08:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Final lap, gentlemen! 5 days to go! I really hope some of you will finish you ongoing projects by then? I'm already looking forward to writing the feature!

Cheers!

Stefan,

I am keeping my fingers crossed. Actually, progress hasn't been too bad on my build. All parts except those making up the .50 cal are on and necessary areas have already been painted the base colour. Future, decals and more Future were applied. Some initial detail painting and weathering is under way at the moment. Here's where it stands.

I'd like to be pretty much finished by either tomorrow or Friday at the latest.

Cheers and good luck to all those that are close,
Jan
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Friday, January 13, 2012 - 09:29 AM UTC
Well, I am pretty much satisfied with my build, all things considered. Should I be crazy enough to ever attempt another Trumpeter kit, I'll know to leave plenty of time to get things right.

Here's the basic build on the stand/base that it will reside on.

With a couple of proof of concept shots with some crude foliage. I Envisage it "breaking through" some undercover with part of a dirt track towards the front.

I have been trying all day to upload images to the campaign gallery with no luck. It seemed like things were back to normal two days ago but I wasn't ready with the Pershing. Anyway, finally got a few up while typing this.

Thanks for hosting/leading a great campaign, Stefan. Can't wait to see the Feature and I hope it doesn't take as long as my last campaign's feature is taking. Good luck to you and everyone else in their future builds.

Cheers,
Jan
Braille
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,501 posts
Armorama: 1,485 posts
Posted: Friday, January 13, 2012 - 11:43 AM UTC
@tread_geek – Jan,

I glad to see one of us tackle and complete the tracks! Build looks really good especially with that 50 cal. on top of the turret and I like your proof of concept setup, looking forward to seeing it all come together somewhere here in the forums. Will you be adding the antennas or any stowage?

~ Eddy
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Friday, January 13, 2012 - 01:45 PM UTC
@Braille -thanks for the comments, Eddy. While a long time (longer than I anticipated) in coming this build was meant to eventually be a build review or perhaps a feature. As you might recall, bases are still new to me so there will defintely be a continuance of this build in the "AFV/Braille" forum on the site. As for storage, I am not too sure. I have little on hand and it just isn't available in my area within 100 miles (160 km) or more, if then.

As for antennas, that depends on the final base and other factors. I'll leave this and other specifics for a more dedicated thread. 

Cheers,
Jan
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2012 - 12:50 AM UTC
Jan, nice work on the M26, like the weathering. Also looking forward to the base and all.

Graeme, decals arrive yet? I am willing to grant individual extensions to those who are close to finish and only need a few more days. It would be a pity not to have some of the builds in the campaign just because of a few days.

As for the campaign gallery, just send them to me and I'll use them for the feature and post them to the gallery later on. Ribbons will be granted in any case of course. The gallery issue really is a nuisance and I hope this will be resolved soon.

Now go for the final few hours!

Cheers!
Stefan
eoinryan
Visit this Community
Cork, Ireland
KitMaker: 232 posts
Armorama: 134 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2012 - 02:22 AM UTC

@Greame: Decals in the post? D'oh! We're all dying to see it finished! Fair play to Stefan to give you a dispensation. You deserve it. Your build log has been fantastic!

Eoin
gcdavidson
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2012 - 06:18 AM UTC
Hi Eoin & Stefan...wish I had read your post before bashing on! In any event, I scrounged the decal box and this is the best I could come up with. The 25th CIB flash is OK, but the white star is too big and the AoS # is incorrect. The Commonwealth Division patch is missing (but coming in the mail). Honestly, I think I will re-do the markings. I was hasty here for the deadline and I'd rather slow down and get it right before I seal the markings on with a gloss coat.

Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 04:04 AM UTC
Man, would you look at that! missed the end of my own campaign!

Thanks to all the participants! I will give out the ribbons soon and get to work on the feature.

Graeme, the M8 turned out great anyway, I hope to see it around in the forums finished soon.

Cheers!
Stefan
mecanix
Visit this Community
Kerry, Ireland
KitMaker: 201 posts
Armorama: 189 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 09:04 AM UTC
Stefan,
Well done for running a fine campaign.I look forward to going on campaign with you again soon.
regards
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 10:32 AM UTC
Okay gang, ribbons have been awarded to 24 finishers:

AgentG
andyman
barkingdigger
beefy66
Buckeye198
Charlie-66
Dangeroo
ElCapitan
Emeritus
eoinryan
Frigate
gcdavidson
GregCloseCombat
Grenadier37
ltb073
md72
mecanix
MichaelSatin
muttley
Nito74
qmccarthy
subin2006
tread_geek
VLADPANZER
warreni

If I missed anyone, please PM me.

We had 16 armor and 8 aircraft entries. Unfortunately no one from the shipwrights side joined in the fun.

Unfortunately the gallery is still down, so anyone who wants to add photos please just send them to me (dangeroo(at)gmx.ch) asap for inclusion in the feature.

Thank you to all the participants, it's been great fun! Please join me for my next campaign starting in June: US Halftracks Campaign. (sorry for the advertisement... )

Cheers!
Stefan
ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,662 posts
Armorama: 3,078 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 01:48 PM UTC
Stephan, thanks for running this campaign it made me build a wingy thingy for the 1st time in a looooong time And thanks for the cool looking ribbon it looks good with my others
Sal
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 05:00 PM UTC
Stefan,

Thanks for the fine ribbon and a GREAT campaign. It was a definite learning experience (especially about early Trumpeter kits). Nothing wrong or shameless about a plug for your next campaign. It's a good reason for a leader to build and complete a kit. As for your next campaign, I recall a US half-track in my stash begging to be buIlt.
Cheers,
Jan
MichaelSatin
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,909 posts
Armorama: 510 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 02:31 AM UTC
Stephan,

Great campaign man, thanks! And great models everyone!

Michael