Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Matchbox AFV Nostalgia Campaign
panzerman1
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 430 posts
Armorama: 291 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 09, 2013 - 04:03 AM UTC
Hello everyone....time for an update.
@John, good start on the M-16 AA Halftrack.
@Tat, the beute Firefly looks really nice...like the painted out Allied markings...nice detail.
My M-19 is nearly finished....some pics................

Still have to add the driver figure climbing into the cab
and a few finishing details. Comments welcomed. Bill
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2013 - 12:19 AM UTC
Neat job Bill, I like the finish! -- not as dark / grungy as I tend to do on my builds (something I need to temper). Nice touch on the wear of the tire. Thanks for the comment on the beute, slowly working through it. Will post pics when done.

Cheers, Tat
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2013 - 12:50 AM UTC
Bill - Great looking build.
RybenUK
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 13 posts
Armorama: 11 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2013 - 09:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Some great looking work people, we are in the home stretch, just a reminder to include your images in the Campaign Gallery to ensure you get credit for your campaign time.

Hi, probably a daft question, but how do you do this? Where is Campaign Gallery?

Ryben
GaryKato
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,694 posts
Armorama: 2,693 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2013 - 12:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Some great looking work people, we are in the home stretch, just a reminder to include your images in the Campaign Gallery to ensure you get credit for your campaign time.

Hi, probably a daft question, but how do you do this? Where is Campaign Gallery?

Ryben

Matchbox Nostalgia Campaign Gallery
SgtRam
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2013 - 12:36 PM UTC
Gary

Thanks for the info.

Kevin
imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
KitMaker: 1,654 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 10:28 AM UTC
Gentlemen,I started this build back in October as a filler while I waited for My Humber to dry.
Now that I have some free time,I would like to start it up again for this campaign.I'm pretty sure I can get it done by the deadline.Will that work? Jeff T.
erhntly
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,426 posts
Armorama: 464 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 08:57 PM UTC
Hello everyone

I'm a fan of Braille Scale. Therefore I'm in this campaign.
I will do a precious kit in my collection SdKfz 234/2 Puma..

I'm starting..

First, meet with the kit

Regards
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 1,656 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 09:22 AM UTC
Hey guys, it's always amazing to see what can be done with these old kits with a little TLC. I actually managed to finish mine today.

Cheers!
Stefan
SgtRam
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 09:37 AM UTC
Stefan

Looks great. thanks

Kevin
panzerman1
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 05:08 PM UTC
@Stefan, Beautiful finish on the SAS vehicles. The packed stowage gives it that realistic look....Magnificent.
@Erhan, The Puma, very Cool kit, cause it comes with a nice street base and some decent figures. Good Luck with the build.
@Jeff, Jagpanzer, another Nice kit. I like the lone infantryman that comes with it. Have FUN building it.
@Tat and Kevin, Thanks for the comments, I appreciate it. Still got a little finishing up to do....will update and post soon. Best Regards, Bill.
casualmodeler
Visit this Community
Hame, Finland
KitMaker: 702 posts
Armorama: 665 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 09:37 AM UTC
Hi fellow campaigners!
Fyi, I have started building my kit and hopefully finish in time... My choice is Krupp Protze w/ 37 mm Pak. Some parts are painted and assembled plus base has got paint on it, just been soooo lazy to post any pics. Hopefully I got time during weekend to post something.
phantom_phanatic309
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,568 posts
Armorama: 423 posts
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2013 - 09:40 AM UTC
Bill, great work on the Diamond T. It makes me want to dig mine out and finally get it done.
Stefan, Love your LRDG vehicles. Am I right in saying that the chevy has one of those big vickers .50cal machine guns in the back?

Afraid to say work on mine has been a little slow as I've been working at getting another campaign finished. I managed to do a little more over the last few nights.
The little Renault is now more or less done. Just needs exhaust and machine gun fitted after painting.

Work has started on the lower hull of the Char B1. This is quite a complex multipart affair that needs a little care to line it all up properly. I had to dry fit the upper hull to make sure it set in place. I also drilled out the barrel of the hull mounted 75.

And lastly, cut off and cleaned up the scenic base parts. The left hand wall needs a little filler to smooth out a seam but nothing major. The window could probably use some smashed glass at the very end. Acetate might do that?

All going well I might be able to sneak it in right at the end
imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2013 - 01:07 PM UTC
Great to see all the progress by every one.I've got some things done also.
Roadwheels primed
Hull together
Got some seams to fill
Hope to get more done this week end.Jeff T.
imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2013 - 09:18 PM UTC
More work on the Jag.
Made and installed some grab handles,also took care of some seams
Almost ready for primer.Jeff T.
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 - 04:29 PM UTC
Hello,

Its been a while since my last post. Hmmm... let me see -- I had a broken track, a decal solution disaster, and a need to re-paint after the wash became too grainy... As always, it wouldn't have been fun without the challenges and frustrations.

I hereby declare my Beute Firefly done. I've posted pics at the gallery, and here are some more:

Comments most welcome.

Kevin, thanks for having me on this campaign. My best to all fellow campaigners!

Cheers,

Tat
panzerman1
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 01:51 AM UTC
@Stephan, good start with the Renault FT-17...are you doing the whole set?, cause it's another Favorite of mine.
@Jeff, the jagpanzer is coming along nicely...like the detailing with the grab handles.
@Tat, Fantastic Beute Firefly....love the weathering effect you achieved. Rumbling up that bridge it looks Perfect.

Wow! Keep up the Good Work everyone. Bill.
erhntly
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,426 posts
Armorama: 464 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 09:34 AM UTC
Hi friends,

all of them, very nice progress, please continue

and some update about my PUMA...

before here is turret ,

very old kit

suspension system and wheels..basic but solid

SgtRam
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 10:25 AM UTC
Seeing alot of nice progression, nice work folks. Looking forward to seeing the finished builds.

firstcircle
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,249 posts
Armorama: 2,007 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 11:55 AM UTC
Bill, Tat and Stef, great builds; the Diamond T is super and along with the LRDG Chevy, I believe those are the two kits that never made the final cut of the last MBNC campaign, so nice to see them done at last!

Also further nostalgia from the last Nostalgia campaign for me - the Puma and the Jagdpanzer are two of the kits that I did then, and I think the Jagd, of all the MB kits, is the duck's guts.

I have a month I know, but I did clean up then paint the tyres on my Priest over last weekend, so I am still determined to get there (despite a few modelling distractions...)
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 06:40 PM UTC
Bill and Matthew -- thanks for the feedback. Nearly gave up on it especially when this last disaster struck:

The re-paint was a no-brainer, but I had to be extra cautious as there were no more decals to spare. The single color scheme was a challenge as well -- I'd like to try the modulation technique in a future build.

Jeff (@imatanker) -- I like the detail you've put on your Jagdpanzer, grab handles and all. I built the same for the previous Matchbox campaign, but I don't think I have the patience (like yours) in painting those wheels individually

Cheers,

Tat
imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2013 - 01:18 PM UTC
Everybodies builds look great.I really like doing these kits.
Tat,thanks for the comment,I find doing the wheels one by one and by hand is the only way I can get them to look the way I want

I see some of you other guys have built this kit and I have a couple of questions.

1.Did any of you thin the side skirts?If so how did you do it?

2.How did you glue the side skirts on?It doesn't look like the attatching points are very big.

3.After some dry fitting I think the tracks are going to be a challenge.Any tips?

Oops,that's three,sorry Jeff T.
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2013 - 03:56 PM UTC

Quoted Text

...I see some of you other guys have built this kit and I have a couple of questions.

1.Did any of you thin the side skirts?If so how did you do it?

2.How did you glue the side skirts on?It doesn't look like the attatching points are very big.

3.After some dry fitting I think the tracks are going to be a challenge.Any tips?

Oops,that's three,sorry Jeff T.

Jeff, my shameless plugs:

1. THIN SKIRTS: I went as far as trying to thin (combination of knife and sand paper) the rear part of the left schurzen, and it got so screwy thin I threw it out. Then I realized I would also need to provide for new hangers / attachment points -- thus I didn't pursue the thinning idea. The one I placed was just a replacement card and told myself that it was a field-mod.

One thing I did was to cut the schurzen into panels (right side) so I can individually mount, and put a bit of angle in them.

2. ATTACHMENT POINTS: I don't recall having issues with it, as I just glued the them on.

3. TRACK CHALLENGE: I stretched mine, so you may want to try that -- but do it very carefully as it might break. On the other extreme it can stretch too much (it happened to me on another Matchbox build). Rubber-band tracks are tricky, another thing to watch out for is too much tension that it pops either the drive or idler out.

I assume you'll be puting in all of the schurzen panels -- so why not do away with the top-side part of the track since most of it will be hidden from view. In that way you'll have more track to work with.

Hmmm...thinking about it I should have done the same for my Beute Sherman, and just used the extra lengths to depict additional protection.

HTH and good luck!

Tat
imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2013 - 12:50 PM UTC
Tat... Thanks for the input.I was thinking of maybe leaving one or two of the schurzen panels off,so I'll have to just deal with the tracks.I may try to thin the panels and see what happens.

Erhan...Your build looks very nice.I built a Puma in 1/48 not to long ago and really enjoyed it.I may have to do a "baby" to go with it.Jeff T.
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2013 - 01:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

...I may try to thin the panels and see what happens....

Come to think of it, I should have sanded / thinned the schurzen from the outside. The bolt details may have been less challenging to reproduce than the hangers. Hmmm...