Campaigns: Completed Campaigns
Campaigns that are completed should be grouped here.
Hosted by Richard S.
Desertised, don't forget your water bottle!
thueser
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 45 posts
Armorama: 36 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 09:52 AM UTC
Weekly update - Week 1

Here some pictures of my progress in the last week. The pics are shot with my Android Tab, so they lack a bit in quality.

Steps 1 - 10 almost complete.

Suspension, wheels and hull assembled.

Added a rough texture to the muffler, added handles to the rear engine hatch and on the upper engine deck.

Improved the casting structure on the final drive housing.

More detail work to do in the upcoming week. I'm anxious of the next steps in this build.

Thank you for watching.
1721Lancers
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,673 posts
Armorama: 1,640 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 02:47 AM UTC
Peter a cool idea there with the Merkava and Panzer IV . Are going to put it into being ?

Torsten nice update , you can tell it's a Tamiya production just due to the speed it's going together .
Next weeks update will be paint then yes ?

Paul
Removed by original poster on 04/09/14 - 16:05:42 (GMT).
Removed by original poster on 04/09/14 - 16:04:22 (GMT).
IronOwl
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 572 posts
Armorama: 302 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 04:07 AM UTC

Heres the start

Sascha(Ironowl)
IronOwl
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 572 posts
Armorama: 302 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 04:10 AM UTC

Heres where ive stopped at the moment should have a few more pics within the next few days. so far the fit is great and very little flash to contend with.

Sascha(Ironowl)
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,386 posts
Armorama: 4,727 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 12:11 PM UTC
Added more details, Pz III turret in progress.

noddy927
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,273 posts
Armorama: 568 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 09:12 AM UTC
You know what Paul I just might go with it

Pete
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 06:20 AM UTC
Turret details, still a lot to work here...

1721Lancers
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 02:47 AM UTC
Sascha nice and speedy start there

John that's a different way to start a tank .
I take it you are saving your favorite parts till last yes

Peter now that will look great .

Paul
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 03:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

John that's a different way to start a tank .
I take it you are saving your favorite parts till last yes

Paul

That's it Paul, you got it right !!

I've tried this method a few times, I work the tank as 2 separate builds ( turret & hull ), it works better for my motivation and I'm more careful, break less small parts, loose less too.

thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 04:06 AM UTC
Some very nice work going on in here ,.. I was just looking for a campaign to build my Panzer III H kit ,or my Matilda,..or my.... Well you get the picture .. I still have a Panzer IV F2 in a desert scheme half finished that is too advanced to join in with ,but I want to finish it before starting something new . I might post a few pictures of the build without joining in and if there is enough time left I'll join in for real..
Keep up the good work guys . I'll be following this one with interest.

Rick
Avarice
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 26 posts
Armorama: 26 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - 12:40 PM UTC
Managed to get a bit of time last weekend to sniff some glue, bit slow uploading the photos. Made a couple of newb mistakes... used too much glue at one point and now have some fingerprint marks . Hope to be able to sand them off and cover it up with the primer at the paint stage.

Wheels

Rear/Exhaust

Upper Hull
thueser
Visit this Community
European Union
Posted: Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 01:07 AM UTC
@ Benjamin

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR! The primer brutaly reveals any mistakes like Fingerprints, gluewelds, bad sanded putty and many more mishap. Take the time and correct most of this before you prime.
1721Lancers
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 03:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Some very nice work going on in here ,.. I was just looking for a campaign to build my Panzer III H kit ,or my Matilda,..or my.... Well you get the picture .. I still have a Panzer IV F2 in a desert scheme half finished that is too advanced to join in with ,but I want to finish it before starting something new . I might post a few pictures of the build without joining in and if there is enough time left I'll join in for real..
Keep up the good work guys . I'll be following this one with interest.

Rick

Hello Richard, I had the same discussion with Graeme a page back, he also wanted just to show the painting stage.
I refused his entry because the way I see it is, it's not in the spirit of the campaign.
But as you are now two who wish to do this I'll put the question out to the rest and see what they say.

To all members of the campaign, should we let Graeme and Richard in, so they can show their painting skills and ignore
the building part?

Please let know, here on the thread, what you think by tomorrow evening (20:00 GMT).

Paul
thueser
Visit this Community
European Union
Posted: Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 03:42 AM UTC
My vote: NO

Paul has stated the rules before this campaign starts, so this discussion is rather unnecessary. Sorry guys, no personal offense. But if we alter the rules anytime someone would like to join with an almost completed build, most of this campaigns are nonsense in any means.

Armorama is currently running an campaign for unfinished builds, why not join there?
Bluestab
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,160 posts
Armorama: 1,906 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 04:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

To all members of the campaign, should we let Graeme and Richard in, so they can show their painting skills and ignore
the building part?
Please let know, here on the thread, what you think by tomorrow evening (20:00 GMT).
Paul

As someone that often asks about the inclusion of partials, I'm probably going to sound like a hypocrite and say "no". To me, the building phase is half (or more) of the entire project. I think you have to show some of the build. Even just sort of skipping through the build phase works for me, especially if the build is pretty standard.

That said, I don't have an issue with a person sharing their work. I know that it was a topic on some other campaign threads. We do have the Unfinished Campaign and probably should keep one active start/end of each year.

Maybe a compromise is that a partial counts as a half build and you can do two partials to get credit.
steph2102
Visit this Community
Isere, France
KitMaker: 735 posts
Armorama: 606 posts
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2014 - 05:53 AM UTC
Hello, I think not. there are rules and are made ​​to be followed. but the decision, my friend, is your responsibility as a leader

steph
1721Lancers
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 01:21 AM UTC
Hi Richard, well I know not everyone has answered, but I'm afraid that what you wanted to do is not allowed.
It's either a complete build or nothing.

Paul

Bluestab
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 05:18 AM UTC
Time to get cracking on this one. Weather is nasty out so I've had a couple good days inside to build. For a refresher, I'm building HobbyBoss' 1/35 RSOV. I picked it because it's a desert vehicle that is painted black.

Starting off with the engine, which won't be seen. This is a very nice engine out of the box.

On to the frame. Each frame arm composed of two lengths that are sandwiched together.

Cross-members added. The basic frame went together well and required very minimal adjustment to make it all square.

Suspension components added.

Differentials and drive shafts. Instructions were a bit vague on the some of this. I left the transfer case loose and should find its placement when I combine the frame to the engine.

Differentials went on perfect.

Sway bars, roll bars, traction bars, and bracing all added. It gets a bit fiddly here but considering the small pieces the assembly was bang-on.

And that's where I am at with that one.

35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
KitMaker: 3,212 posts
Armorama: 2,807 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 06:57 AM UTC
Only seeing it now but you were right to say "no" Paul. A campaign is all about the full build and there is always Unfinished Business for these cases.

Alex, looking good. I do like those HB Landys. Done 3 of em so far including the RSOV. Can't recall any real issues with it
1721Lancers
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 01:56 AM UTC
Benjamin very nice progress there with your shake n bake kit

Alex a nice and speedy start you have given us there

Thanks for the support lads, I just wish that people would read and stick to the rules. It makes the world of a difference if you're the campaign leader that way.

Paul
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 04:12 AM UTC
Oh I know how campaigns work and it was only an offer to show what I was doing before joining the real campaign ,,wasn't looking for any ribbons or glory just thought it could help some people out ... Hey I'll post them on the constructive comments ..you can check it out if you want ... But I think you are missing the point ..So have fun with your campaign and we'll see if I have time to join later on .. I still have a Pz.IV G and and Pz III H (not started) .. Wasn't trying to infringe ..sorry .

Bluestab
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 04:18 AM UTC
Thanks guys. The Landy is a really nice kit. I figured I should get some work done on it.

As far as the rules, I like to push the rules a bit. For me it's more about the subject and putting a little unexpected twist to it. My thing is to always ask, even if you think what you're doing is okay.

I didn't take Graeme or Richard's posts as being that bad. I took Graeme's as him showing us a desert scheme Puma that he was doing. I took Richard's as him saying "I need to finish my F2 before I start, I'll share some pictures of it." I can see how they could be taken either way.

I've been working on some unfinished StuGs for the past few weeks. That's why I backed out of the StuG Campaign. I've got five partial StuGs that need finishing before I should even think about buying a new unstarted StuG. I've thought about posting some of the work over on the StuG and Unfinished Business Campaigns. Similar situation with a M113 project I plan on starting in a month or two, using a partial.
Bluestab
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2014 - 05:49 AM UTC
Update on the RSOV. I'm building with the plan to have the subassemblies ready for paint. Overall black should a be a hoot to work with.

Engine mounted to the chassis.

Rand the exhaust, added the last frame cross-member, front skid-plate, and assembled the rims.

Started work on the body tub. Added the cab rear panel, under-seat storage covers, and (you can't see it) the gas tank is assembled and mounted underneath. Side and rear panels added.

And that's just about where I am at the moment. I've got a Trumpy US Army figure set I might try to use for crew. The Legend set is out of my budget....costs substantially more than the RSOV kit cost.