Campaigns: Completed Campaigns
Campaigns that are completed should be grouped here.
Hosted by Richard S.
Desertised, don't forget your water bottle!
1721Lancers
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,673 posts
Armorama: 1,640 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 02:37 AM UTC
Christopher nice to see you here , and that little dio looks a great already . A nice a different start there

Anthony if that's what you call "a little work", then I can't wait to see you do a lot .
Great start there , keep it up.

All you guys are giving me a guilty conscience, great starts and some almost ready for priming. And then there's me , heck I still have not chosen a build yet .

Paul
terminators
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 1,932 posts
Armorama: 1,907 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 06:02 AM UTC
Hi, I think to participe to this campaign.

I don't understand the word "Desertised". What does it mean ?

It refers to the operation theater or the color of the vehicle ?

Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 06:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi, I think to participe to this campaign.

I don't understand the word "Desertised". What does it mean ?

It refers to the operation theater or the color of the vehicle ?

See page one,it will give you the parameters of the campaign.In this case it refers to the place it operated,in any desert in history
terminators
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 1,932 posts
Armorama: 1,907 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 04:22 PM UTC
Oh, OK thank you.
1721Lancers
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 02:26 AM UTC
Anthony thanks there mate

Alex (Terminators) Welcome in here dude . I do not want to complicate things, but you don't have to stick to hot sandy areas . You can take any area where it is hard to find water or is plain and simply not meant for humans to survive.
This means you can go "what if" or "Scifi" if you wish , like Dune, Aliens etc. etc.

As I added the rules I was surprised that you namesake (Alex- (Bluestab)) didn't take up the offer ,he is usually the first to ask for "what ifs".

It will be fitting whatever you choose I am sure, and have fun whilst playing here too , or you will be in trouble

Paul
Bluestab
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,160 posts
Armorama: 1,906 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 04:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

As I added the rules I was surprised that you namesake (Alex- (Bluestab)) didn't take up the offer ,he is usually the first to ask for "what ifs".

I asked about what-ifs and the definition of a desert, with the idea of maybe doing something futuristic. What I try to do is build something that people don't expect...not necessarily unique or oddball subjects but ones that people will go, "I didn't even think about that".

I usually ask about what-ifs and partials. If what-ifs are allowed then basically anything goes. If not, you can redefine how much artistic license can be taken. It helps avoid the badgering questions or being surprised ater by being told that an idea won't be allowed. Partials are only asked about if theres still 75-85% assembly left to do or the kit will require major deconstruction and scratch building to become what I want to build.

Anyway, the RSOV just sort of jumped out at me and I went with it. I find it a bit of an oddball thing for a desert vehicle to be painted black. I like the HobbyBoss kits and it was on sale at Squadron. I actually avoid modeling subjects from ongoing conflicts so the RSOV is a bit of a break from the norm for me. I actually joined the Active Duty Campaign specifically to model something current.
1721Lancers
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 04:14 AM UTC
Sorry Alex B I was only trying to pull your leg
There was no offence meant what-so-ever .

Paul
Bluestab
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 04:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Sorry Alex B I was only trying to pull your leg
There was no offence meant what-so-ever .

Paul

None taken. I saw it as much of an observation as anything. I do, after all, ask about what-ifs (and partials) on most campaigns. I figured it'd be a good opportunity to sort of explain why.
All_You_Can_Kit
Visit this Community
Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
KitMaker: 599 posts
Armorama: 527 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 04:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

..And finished the french tankman (D)basics. Detailing and finishing are yet to done..

In the future, you have to sand down the seam line on the figures before you paint them, okay bro? Good luck for you in this campaign!

Cheers

Garry
Avarice
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 26 posts
Armorama: 26 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 02:09 AM UTC
Final got some time to get back to the Pz.III

Turret completed. Decided to keep the hatches closed, should be enough going on with the figures.

Dry fit of the turret on the hull. Ready for priming!
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,026 posts
Armorama: 1,604 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 03:34 AM UTC
Question: which Valentine was used in the desert by the Aussies? I am not that versed in this area and I would like to join this campaign.

Bob
Bluestab
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 05:52 AM UTC
A quick update on the RSOV.

I added the hood. Since it's a Landy I guess I should refer to it as a bonnet. I had thought that I had posted these two shots in the last update.

Wrapped up assembly with adding the tools, MGs, and stuff.

And that's about it for now. I've got some touch-up and dustings planned. I'm debating on how much stowage I'll add. And of course I'll add some water bottles...can't forget those.
kruppw
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,117 posts
Armorama: 1,115 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 06:31 AM UTC
Well here is an update on my progress so far. I have 4 of the many figures painted, 3 Muj ( 1 dead, 1 captured, and 1 child) and 1 VDV trooper. These came from ANT Minatures, Evution and Master Box. I also have more that need to be painted up from Rest models, Masterclub, and Ant.

I’ve also started work on the BMP and have finally decided to build it as a BMP-1PK-3 command vehicle that has a folding antenna mast on the rear hull. I’ve also decided to do something different by having one of the swing arms damaged and missing a road wheel tied up to one of the return rollers. I’ve replaced one of the fenders from plastic sheet and copper wire so I could damage it up some. Most of the rifle ports had to be filled in to match the photos I have.

I detailed the inside of the cab for the FJ75. I’ve added the missing bracket for sliding the seats back and forth. I’ve also added the missing seat belts to the seat and the side of the cab, I will add the belts after painting. I made a head liner from TP using white glue and water and damaged it some.

jkb_sprint
Visit this Community
Thessaloniki, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 402 posts
Armorama: 394 posts
Posted: Friday, May 23, 2014 - 04:56 AM UTC
Hi people, time to start with this campaign too. I'm sorry to say that i cant go for a Syrian T72 AV as i wanted, due to the time that project requires, but another tank i like is up to get built this time OOB. Time to start researching for good pics and info.... Lots of interesting subjects getting built on this one, just started looking at them.

Tojo72
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, May 23, 2014 - 11:35 PM UTC
I git some more done on my Semovente,Lower hull and tracks are done,ready to be closed up.

dweeb203
Visit this Community
Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
KitMaker: 59 posts
Armorama: 58 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 08:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

..And finished the french tankman (D)basics. Detailing and finishing are yet to done..

In the future, you have to sand down the seam line on the figures before you paint them, okay bro? Good luck for you in this campaign!

Cheers

Garry

Oh, i'll do it on my next figure
-----------------------
some updates
Flak

Sd.Ah 52
Tojo72
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2014 - 10:24 AM UTC
All ready for final filtering,chipping,weathering,and detail painting.Looks a little monochromatic at this point,but has been a nice Tamiya build

steph2102
Visit this Community
Isere, France
KitMaker: 735 posts
Armorama: 606 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2014 - 11:40 PM UTC
hello, here is my progress

steph

Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,386 posts
Armorama: 4,727 posts
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2014 - 12:32 AM UTC
Got my PzIII turret half done... I need to finish some other Campaigns to shift my focus on this one.

Some very nice work so far guys !
We're having a great Gallery one this one too...
1721Lancers
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2014 - 02:29 AM UTC
Hello fellow campaigners, I said that without turning red for shame . Sorry for being such a lousy campaign leader on this one, but I just can't seem to find the mojo to get going .
Maybe that will change now that I have finally made my up what to build .

Benjamin you are presenting us a really nice and clean build there , keep it up buddy.

Bob I'm afraid I can't answer your question . All I found on Aussie stuff is Matildas in all shapes and sizes.
Maybe you could give Frenchy (Henri-Pierre)a PM to see if he knows anything. After all I have yet to see him say "sorry can't do it" , (no offence Frenchy).

Alex very nice indeed , that will look "me so horney" when she gets dusted up . Keep it coming dude

Christopher fantastic looking figures there , and what a great "crew fast fix-up" to keep the BMP running . Looking forward to seeing more specially from the pickup

John jkb looking forward to seeing your Chally II , you will have to add the anti-slip coating as the kits is as smooth as a babys rear . I did that kit a while back and used chinchilla sand for it, but I'm sure if you just nip over to Corfu you could get some fine sand from Sidari or Lefkimmi . Just watch out for those crazy sunburned Brits .
Oh yeh, I'm going down the same road, only with the Tamiya kit. Which also needs anti-slip.....

Anthony also a lovely clean build there , those decals are just great Looking forward to seeing the weathering

Fernanda nice looking Flak and Sonderanhänger , just remember to take it easy and everything will be great

Steph great progress my friend . Tell us what you have used for the sand colour, it looks damned good

John Nito take it easy bro look at me I haven't even started yet .

Well as promised here is my choice , now to start .

Happy Weekend All

Paul
dweeb203
Visit this Community
Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
KitMaker: 59 posts
Armorama: 58 posts
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2014 - 02:41 AM UTC

got it paul! I've done it slower this time
with Some more updates
Flak 43

The flak's flat black wasn't totally completed, it'dry fit for pictures only, will finish the black later
and dry-fitted theChassis
Uncabbed

Cabbed

the engine has the same issue with the flak, and the black stain besides the seat (on the battery) is caused by an accidental touch while wy fingers are full of black paint
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,026 posts
Armorama: 1,604 posts
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2014 - 02:55 AM UTC
John: thanks for the information. I will keep looking for a kit.

Bob
steph2102
Visit this Community
Isere, France
KitMaker: 735 posts
Armorama: 606 posts
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2014 - 10:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Steph great progress my friend . Tell us what you have used for the sand colour, it looks damned good

hi, Paul
thank, I use paint Tamiya XF78 wooden deck
step
Tojo72
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2014 - 12:33 PM UTC
Very nice kit Paul,I will definitely follow along as I had that kit in my stash for years.
xagant
Visit this Community
Philippines
KitMaker: 41 posts
Armorama: 34 posts
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2014 - 02:38 PM UTC
This is a nice timing for me also doing a panzer iv f2 in el alamein afrika korps. Just waiting for the am parts.