Campaigns: Completed Campaigns
Campaigns that are completed should be grouped here.
Hosted by Richard S.
Desertised, don't forget your water bottle!
Bluestab
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,160 posts
Armorama: 1,906 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 04:57 AM UTC
I got a bit of work done last night.

Assembled the ammo cases and water cans.

Added the vehicle's shift levers and assembled the seats. The frames are a little fiddly because they were slightly bowed.

Assembled the rollbars. I didn't cement them to the vehicle yet. I placed them to use the location holes as a jig to let them set up.

Assembled the 50 cal, the rocket-launchers, the small ammo cans and racks, and the roof weapon ring. The ammo cans were a bit rough.

And that's where I am at now. The paint tray is starting to fill up. I'm shooting for the weekend to start paint.
Bluestab
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 09:22 AM UTC
More progress on the RSOV.

Dash assembly. Not shown are the brake master cylinder and a cover plate on the fire-wall. I left the steering wheel and column off for now. I figured the instrument panel decal would be easier to add with it off.

Front fenders with wheel-well, washer fluid, and (I assume) radiator overflow reservoir all added. For painting purposes I left the headlight covers off.

The hood, brush-guard (with winch), and fender mounted storage boxes all assembled.

Passenger and rear MGs with mounts. The MGs look really nice. I'm not sure what the box item is. I'm guessing a storage box.

And with that, basic assemblies are done and the next step is primer and painting. It's pretty humid here with the recent rains but maybe I'll be able to shoot some black this weekend or next week. The other vehicle in the tray is a BJ212 "jeep" by Trumpy. I'm building it for an end of days/post-apoc project I'm doing.
kruppw
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,117 posts
Armorama: 1,115 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 10:10 AM UTC
Well I making some changes to my project; instead of building trumpy's 2s3,I'm going with trumpy's BMP-1P and Meng's Toyota pickup. I'm still going with the Afghan theme since I already have the figures and a base that I semi started a few years ago. I got these 2 kits yesterday from a newly opened local hobby shop I had no clue that even was around, found it by mistake.

Bluestab
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 06, 2014 - 04:49 AM UTC
The weather has been nice the past few days. I managed to get the RSOV painted. I've taken advantage of the weather to get a great deal of painting done.

I went ahead and scuffed up the ammunition cases for the back. I made some of them green just to break up the "blackitude" of the model.

I went ahead and added the decals. There aren't but five decals. I even added the decal for the radiator shroud. It'll be sealed up and unseen but I may at some point pop the bonnet and paint the engine.

I drybrushed the driver's area and crew compartment with panzer gray to try to bring out some of the detail the blackness seems to gobble up. I'm hoping that a sand based wash will blend everything together. Assembled the weapon ring and roll bars.

Front fenders on. The fit here was a little fiddly...the only real issue I've had with the kit so far...and it was remedied by some creative clamping. I did use the hood as a sort of jig while the fenders set up. I dry-fitted it let the fenders line up. I could of just went ahead and added the hood then. It's actually tacked on right now and drying in the next room.

And that's where she stands at the moment.
corsair924
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 403 posts
Armorama: 322 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 12:43 PM UTC
Getting into this one late with a Merkava IV
Assembly started this evening while waiting for the paint on my other projects to cure.
dweeb203
Visit this Community
Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
KitMaker: 59 posts
Armorama: 58 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 02:59 PM UTC
hello! i've enlisted this campaign few minutes ago, i'll probably start mine in about 1 or 2 days, for the theme deutsch afrika korps, probably only a small one (perhaps only figures because i'm in a budget constraint after buying a lot of kits, but none of them are for desert), is that okay?
Removed by original poster on 05/09/14 - 10:58:23 (GMT).
steph2102
Visit this Community
Isere, France
KitMaker: 735 posts
Armorama: 606 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 10:59 PM UTC
hello, here is my entry into the country, I think I'll embellished kit of photoetched eduard to give it a facelift
steph
1721Lancers
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,673 posts
Armorama: 1,640 posts
Posted: Friday, May 09, 2014 - 12:20 AM UTC
Alex firstly I must thank you for keeping the thread alive . I am now sure you will be longer on your own in here .
I have no excuses for being absent so long, so just forgive me
this time ok
Great build there Alex, nice to see some high level building at the start

Christopher I'm looking forward to seeing these two come together
Are you going to use the fiddly kit tracks, or do you have some fiddly Friuls to go with

J Poitras nice choice looking forward to seeing this one come together too .

Fernanda welcome to Armorama and welcome to my campaign. It doesn't matter how big your budget or build is dude, just sign up, show us what you can do and have fun doing it

Steph a nice and speedy build you bring my friend . Or are you gonna go crazy with the AM on there

It's Friday and I hope you're all in the weekend now, so get to the benches and start producing those masterpieces

Paul
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,386 posts
Armorama: 4,727 posts
Posted: Friday, May 09, 2014 - 01:42 AM UTC
Nice progress everyone !!
My PzIII turret is still looking at me angry, it wants some workbench time.
PzIII turrets don't like to be on the sidelines and seeing T-62 tanks get all the action.

It would be great to get some work done this weekend.

dweeb203
Visit this Community
Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Posted: Friday, May 09, 2014 - 01:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Alex firstly I must thank you for keeping the thread alive . I am now sure you will be longer on your own in here .
I have no excuses for being absent so long, so just forgive me
this time ok
Great build there Alex, nice to see some high level building at the start

Christopher I'm looking forward to seeing these two come together
Are you going to use the fiddly kit tracks, or do you have some fiddly Friuls to go with

J Poitras nice choice looking forward to seeing this one come together too .

Fernanda welcome to Armorama and welcome to my campaign. It doesn't matter how big your budget or build is dude, just sign up, show us what you can do and have fun doing it

Steph a nice and speedy build you bring my friend . Or are you gonna go crazy with the AM on there

It's Friday and I hope you're all in the weekend now, so get to the benches and start producing those masterpieces

Paul

thanks! i'm actually building a modified humvee, but i've painted (most of) it with jungle camouflage, and i already enlisted it to armored car campaign (is it allowed to use one kit for 2 campaigns?)
1721Lancers
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, May 09, 2014 - 02:36 AM UTC
Fernanda that is the big rule that nobody is allowed
to break. It is also unwritten.
Well now you know it, this goes for all campaigns.
I'll shall now add this rule to the list, sorry Fernanda but I forgot to write this one in.
You must build for one campaign only, and as stated in the rules you have to show in progress pics of before and during painting.

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Campaigns&file=index&req=showcontent&id=713

The only way around this is to make your Humvee for the other campaign, and for this one use it in a diorama with some figures or another vehicle that isn't in the other campaign.

Paul
dweeb203
Visit this Community
Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Posted: Friday, May 09, 2014 - 02:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Fernanda that is the big rule that nobody is allowed
to break. It is also unwritten.
Well now you know it, this goes for all campaigns.
I'll shall now add this rule to the list, sorry Fernanda but I forgot to write this one in.
You must build for one campaign only, and as stated in the rules you have to show in progress pics of before and during painting.

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Campaigns&file=index&req=showcontent&id=713

The only way around this is to make your Humvee for the other campaign, and for this one use it in a diorama with some figures or another vehicle that isn't in the other campaign.

Paul

hmm, i see, now i guess i'll build a DAK forward operation base, because i found a cheap seller and i got extra fund (now about 40 USD if converted, but in IDR, it's enough to buy lots of figures[indonesian currecy: 1 USD=11.500 IDR, usual figure sets of four are 150.000 IDR])
and by the way, DAK uniforms are in dark yellow, right?
EDIT: suddenly, out of nowhere, i got an idea, here it is

or should i replace the rocket launcher (this}
with flak? (this)

terminators
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 1,932 posts
Armorama: 1,907 posts
Posted: Friday, May 09, 2014 - 04:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The weather has been nice the past few days. I managed to get the RSOV painted. I've taken advantage of the weather to get a great deal of painting done.

I went ahead and scuffed up the ammunition cases for the back. I made some of them green just to break up the "blackitude" of the model.

I went ahead and added the decals. There aren't but five decals. I even added the decal for the radiator shroud. It'll be sealed up and unseen but I may at some point pop the bonnet and paint the engine.

I drybrushed the driver's area and crew compartment with panzer gray to try to bring out some of the detail the blackness seems to gobble up. I'm hoping that a sand based wash will blend everything together. Assembled the weapon ring and roll bars.

Front fenders on. The fit here was a little fiddly...the only real issue I've had with the kit so far...and it was remedied by some creative clamping. I did use the hood as a sort of jig while the fenders set up. I dry-fitted it let the fenders line up. I could of just went ahead and added the hood then. It's actually tacked on right now and drying in the next room.

And that's where she stands at the moment.

Hi Alex, nice color on your model. I was wondering what color you used for exterior. Black or very dark green ? I believe the color indicated by Hobbyboss is wrong.

I think the type of seat included in the kit is wrong for an US version.
This should be this type of seat :

Bluestab
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, May 09, 2014 - 04:35 AM UTC
Yeah HobbyBoss calls for gunship gray, but I already saw where they were actually black. I think the dark gray would actually look better for a model, to help see the details. I've seen pictures of RSOVs with both types of seats. The weapon mount is a bit different as well. I read somewhere that the mount used in the kit is the British style. Anyway, there appears to be a degree of variation in different ones. I guess that's to be expected though.

terminators
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 1,932 posts
Armorama: 1,907 posts
Posted: Friday, May 09, 2014 - 05:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Yeah HobbyBoss calls for gunship gray, but I already saw where they were actually black. I think the dark gray would actually look better for a model, to help see the details. I've seen pictures of RSOVs with both types of seats. The weapon mount is a bit different as well. I read somewhere that the mount used in the kit is the British style. Anyway, there appears to be a degree of variation in different ones. I guess that's to be expected though.

Thank you for reply.

You are right for the color I have read too that US RSOV are black. It is writing in this book:

dweeb203
Visit this Community
Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 12:42 AM UTC
I've just bought this two few minutes ago, i'll use this as my entry, will paint it desert camo

And for the infantry

I'll paint the german uniform with dark yellow (DAK uniform), and for the french tankmen, let's pretend they're british tankmen
steph2102
Visit this Community
Isere, France
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 02:12 AM UTC
hello,
Fernanda, you can use the French soldiers. the French army fought the Germans in 1943 in southern Tunisia with the same uniforms during the 1940 campaign
steph
http://12rcahistorique.canalblog.com/

http://www.ecpad.fr/la-campagne-de-tunisie-17-novembre-1942-13-mai-1943-2
down the article, click "voir la galerie de photos"
dweeb203
Visit this Community
Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 03:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

hello,
Fernanda, you can use the French soldiers. the French army fought the Germans in 1943 in southern Tunisia with the same uniforms during the 1940 campaign
steph
http://12rcahistorique.canalblog.com/

http://www.ecpad.fr/la-campagne-de-tunisie-17-novembre-1942-13-mai-1943-2
down the article, click "voir la galerie de photos"

thanks steph! the links tou provided really help for reference! i'll start painting it tomorrow
-----------------------------
i decided to open the box of the figures, 'coz i can't wait 'till morning, but HOLY COW, is this what i get?

last month, i bought german wiking division from the same manufacturer (dragon) and i got 3 sprue (1 for figure, 1 big weapon sprue, 1 small shovel sprue), while this one, one figure sprue and weapons smal sprue? the difference is a dollar!
dweeb203
Visit this Community
Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 11:52 PM UTC
Bit of updates, painted the cab armor

Prepainted the interior (it's a long story why i havr to do so)
And finished the french tankman (D)basics. Detailing and finishing are yet to done
barny
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 273 posts
Armorama: 272 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 12:15 AM UTC
Here you go Alex

Terry
steph2102
Visit this Community
Isere, France
Posted: Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 02:17 AM UTC
hi
not crazy but almost, I just finished the cargo part. I hope that all these small parts will hold after painting

steph
1721Lancers
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2014 - 02:33 AM UTC
Fernanda nice speedy progress there , but take it a little slower dude. You have some missing paint there in some places, this you need to sort out before start going further
There is no need to rush these campaigns, we got plenty of time yet

Steph nice PE there, is from the big "E" ?

Paul
kruppw
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,117 posts
Armorama: 1,115 posts
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2014 - 05:29 AM UTC
Well Paul as promised here are some photos of my project. I’m kind of working a$$ backwards on this build and going with the figures and base first. This tends to slow me down the most, so I felt to work here first to keep the interest going. I idea is Soviet VDV trooper are moving along a mountain pass in Astan and encounter a Muj pickup and open fire on it killing the driver while chasing down the other occupants in the truck only to discover hidden weapons in the bed. Now I’ve watched 9th company the other night on youtube to get some ideas and forgot I had a figure set from Rest that has each of the characters from the movie in the set that can ride on the BMP. So now the figure count has risen. I’m not going to use the tracks in the kit since they SUCK, the pins are too short and the tracks don’t stay together at all. I may use my masterclub set instead, the pins are longer but more fragile. I’m either going to build a BMP-1D with extra armor or go with the Object 768 with the newer enlarged two man turret. For now I have 4 of the multiple figures finished and some in the middle of being painted. I’ve detailed out the cab of the FJ75 truck (I’ll post photos later on it). The base I have all the molded rocks in place. I have a smaller version that was ment for a M1117 ASV that I’m using as a guide for the newer base.

My original base
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2014 - 10:25 AM UTC
I got a little work done on my Semovente

I plan to assemble and paint the roadwheels,then snap them in