Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Campaign OP Market Garden
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,210 posts
Armorama: 1,712 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 05:11 AM UTC
I've seen one by some off-beat company on eBay once. Forgot the manufacturer though.
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,275 posts
Armorama: 2,233 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 05:36 AM UTC
I just joined. Let me see what I gotz in da stash..hhmmm
ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,662 posts
Armorama: 3,078 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 05:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

hey all,

quick question, does anyone know of a kit that represents the lorry seen in the picture I provided earlier in this thread? I may go a head and attempt to build a battle damaged lorry to include in the dio.

thanks

Dave

Hey Dave,
Does this work for ya

Scalehobbyist has it but its pricey
https://www.scalehobbyist.com/catagories/Military_Vehicles/aec-matador-early-type-truck/AFV00035236/product.php?s=0&t=2&u=2&pg=1&ppp=48&sb=stocknumber&so=a&era=5,6&ct=2&sc=35
Hope that helps
rolltide31
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,481 posts
Armorama: 93 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 05:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

hey all,

quick question, does anyone know of a kit that represents the lorry seen in the picture I provided earlier in this thread? I may go a head and attempt to build a battle damaged lorry to include in the dio.

thanks

Dave

Hey Dave,
Does this work for ya

https://www.scalehobbyist.com/catagories/Military_Vehicles/aec-matador-early-type-truck/AFV00035236/product.php?s=0&t=2&u=2&pg=1&ppp=48&sb=stocknumber&so=a&era=5,6&ct=2&sc=35
Hope that helps

I do believe that will work. Thanks brother

Dave
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,275 posts
Armorama: 2,233 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 05:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

hey all,

thanks

Dave

Hey Dave,
Does this work for ya

Hope that helps

That is beautiful!! AFV Club...hmmm
So what did the Allies use during this operation..equipment & vehicle wise?
Can we do the Shermans? Did they use the Fireflies in this campaign? I have 3 Firefly kits
they air dropped 6lb'r guns, jeeps. What about Universal carriers?
I'm basing my opinion on the movie "a bridge too far".
What about the 25 lb'r? I know they used them to shell ahead of the Shermans.
Can we do the German side?
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 07:24 AM UTC

noddy927
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,273 posts
Armorama: 568 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 08:19 AM UTC
Hi David and welcome aboard. As to your questions Either side is acceptable, dioramas so you could do both .....sherman fireflys were used in Op M.G. Universal carriers were used in the Market phase as I have seen a picture in books of one coming off a glider. 17 pounders and 6 pounders were used by the 1st Airlanding brigade. Willys jeeps, Horsa gliders, welbikes by the Paras.
On the German side there was a Panzer division based at Arnhem so alot of scope for German hard and soft skins there and along the route.

Pete
canismalus
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 398 posts
Armorama: 394 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 09, 2014 - 06:07 AM UTC
Hey everybody -

Some great beginnings the last couple of weeks. Dave, your Panther from the 107th PB is off to a good start and your diorama plans sound really cool - looking forward to it!

Have fun,

Jerry
rolltide31
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, October 10, 2014 - 04:41 AM UTC
Hey all,

So another update, moving on to the individual tracks I purchased. Not sure if I will buy Tamiya individual tracks again but since I have them on hand I cant see a justification for buying a different set. That being said, the research I did indicated that the center guide for the tracks had a hollow center. Well of course Tamiya tracks are solid so I am hollowing them out.

that's 83 individual tracks per side plus the ones mounted on the side of the Panther.. so here we go.

woo hoo progress, one down and 170 to go...

thanks for looking

Dave

white4doc
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,086 posts
Armorama: 964 posts
Posted: Friday, October 10, 2014 - 06:15 AM UTC
@David, Okay after seeing the pile of indy links you're going to have to wade through hollowing the guide tooth and building I'm going to count my blessings that the worst thing I've faced is a somewhat warped litter support frame... You are a braver man than I.
rolltide31
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, October 10, 2014 - 09:31 AM UTC
@@John, not sure brave is the word that comes to mind, more like insane..but so far I have about 25 done with too many more to complete. I am crossed eyed at this point so it is definitely going to take me a while. Lesson learned though which is always a good thing...Tamiya individual tracks are to be avoided.

Dave
noddy927
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, October 11, 2014 - 01:01 AM UTC
David: Wow definately braver than most, that will take a few sessions.
Hope to start mine today, I should really as campaign leader! I have a show coming up this weekend and needed to get a few things finished on other builds but had a sneaky look in the box of the Bronco kit mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm looking forward to getting into it.

Pete
Bluestab
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,160 posts
Armorama: 1,906 posts
Posted: Monday, October 13, 2014 - 09:34 AM UTC
I kind of bogged down on this one. I'm still debating on markings.

I have a small update. I actually have had these on my camera for a while. I thought I had already posted them.

Two-fer picture of the front, showing interior and exterior.

Basic assembly done. Ready for paint.

Painted.

I'll start on crew before I get back on assembly. I still have to get my stowage together.
noddy927
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, October 14, 2014 - 09:57 AM UTC
Alex looking good buddy. I did away with the tarp for the back it looks to toy like. I tried putting tissue paper over it , that made it look a bit better but I ended up putting gerry cans on the back instead.

This I recently finished for a show this weekend, it is not my entry for the campaign. Alex the figures are quite good in the kit and I only changed the head on one. The tracks are a bit of a pain to get on, be careful you don't pull any idlers off. I found a picture of the fire extinguisher in a book, and the one on the engine cover was gold.

Pete
Bluestab
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 14, 2014 - 03:34 PM UTC
Thanks Pete. This is my third Tamiya Universal Carrier. I know what you mean about pulling the idlers off. I also agree about the rear tarp. I think that for its age it's still a great little kit.

Nice looking Carrier. This is my favorite one....it's a captured Carrier pressed in to service as a tow vehicle for a Fallschirmjager gun crew. The idea was that the vehicle would pass a knocked out Sherman. That's why they are looking to the one side. I plan on reworking it at some point. I'm going to replace the 75mm gun with a 50mm gun and give the figures a facelift.

I'll start putting together a stack of crew parts. I'd like to add at least one extra and maybe tweak one the kit's crew so they look a little different. That way the two should look different when I put the dio together. I'm probably going to pick up another M4A4 and start from scratch.
noddy927
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, October 15, 2014 - 12:37 AM UTC
Nice work Alex. I totally agree with you on the Tamiya kit, it has aged very well, and that is why they are so good as a beginners kit and for us pros lol. I enjoyed building it, and it will be in the dio section in Glasgow this weekend, along with a few others

Look forward to seeing what you do with the figs on this one Alex. I like the tarp on the PAK it looks the part.

Pete
Dragon164
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,909 posts
Armorama: 1,066 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 02:32 PM UTC
Just came across this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa7ftYVLqC8

Cheers Rob.
noddy927
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Friday, October 17, 2014 - 12:43 AM UTC
great link.

Pete
Bluestab
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, October 17, 2014 - 03:16 AM UTC
Nice video Rob. Lots of little details for inspiration. As an aside, I found the chainlink fence at 3:30-ish interesting. It had a curved section at the gate...and to be honest, I would not have thought that style fence would have been in use at that time.
rolltide31
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, October 19, 2014 - 10:22 AM UTC
hey all,

So a little update. After spending nearly a very monotonous week drilling out the center guides of the tracks, oh along with a certain amount of physical pain (the amount of pressure required to grip each individual track so as to drill and file leaves a tender finger tip and sore joint). Anyway, the tracks are done and I am in the process of linking them together, since this is my first time it is defiantly challenging. Any suggestions on an easy method please feel free to let me know.

At this point my Panther is ready for a shot of paint but I am going to wait until the second Panther is ready.

Here is a pic with both Panthers next to each other. The second Panther is being built for the Panther II Campaign but will join the original in y dio depicting the 107 PB cutting Hells highway.

Anyway, still a lot to go before she done but Im working through both of them as quickly as I can.

Hope everyones build is moving along smoothly.

Dave
Dragon164
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Sunday, October 19, 2014 - 01:22 PM UTC
Dave,
I use a square brass tube to help assemble the track.

Cheers Rob.
rolltide31
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, October 19, 2014 - 01:27 PM UTC
Rob

Thanks for that. Will definitely help. So my follow on questions are what glue do you use and do you connect all required links and then route around the sprocket and idler? How do you thread the track once glued?

Thanks

Dave
Dragon164
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Sunday, October 19, 2014 - 01:50 PM UTC
Dave,
I assemble enough track for one run then use Testors plastic cement (purple label) I wait a few minutes for the glue to set a bit them I wrap them around the running gear leaving one opening near the center bottom. Sometimes it is necessary to leave more than one opening. There are some pics in my Panther Campaign gallery. Hope that helps.

Cheers Rob.
erichvon
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,694 posts
Armorama: 1,584 posts
Posted: Monday, October 20, 2014 - 02:34 PM UTC
I've been looking at the Bronco Airborne accessories pics in the reviews bit and it looks like there's some of the chest pouches for Sten mags. Can anyone confirm this please before I buy one? I've had a look through my stash and found stacks of British paras that I'd started years ago so am giving them a repaint as I've improved my technique.

Also would I be allowed to rebuild a Bren carrier that I did years ago as I want to convert it to the airborne spec with potentially a 3" mortar on the back as opposed to the standard infantry spec. Obviously it will get a full repaint etc as I need to take quite a few bits off and add some bits. The reason I ask is the amount of stuff I've found and the length of time for the campaign I may do more than one dio and although I want to rejig the Bren carrier it doesn't fit into the dio I've got in mind for my original idea.
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - 04:13 AM UTC
Hi Karl,

There are 3 Sten chest pouches on the tree with the Bergen's.

Personally I don't see an issue with re-worked kits but you'd have to check with the campaign organiser and check the rules for this one.

Cheers

Al