Campaigns: Completed Campaigns
Campaigns that are completed should be grouped here.
Hosted by Richard S.
Leopardmania 50 replacement campaign
Removed by original poster on 11/22/15 - 17:34:42 (GMT).
errains
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 362 posts
Armorama: 350 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 10:30 PM UTC
Flags

I was asked offline what Flags 5 and 7 are from the left, so I thought I would post the answer on here in case anyone else was wondering as well.

And…

Here is an article ”Aging Leopards Prowl The Andes”

Also here is an article with regards to Lebanese Leopards…not the best sources I know but anyways….
”Green light for the sale of Belgian weapons in Lebanon”
It is in French so you may have to translate

If anyone has additional information and/or insight please share with us here. This is after all how we learn new thing by the exchanging of information.
mshackleton
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 559 posts
Armorama: 517 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 10:46 PM UTC
Hi Eric. The Lebanon article is very dated and I still doubt whether they actually received any.

Romania has used Gepard for some years and Jordan are new recipients of ex-Dutch Cheetah. Poland uses Bergepanzer 2.
BlackWidow
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 1,732 posts
Armorama: 326 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 11:54 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Torsten
Believe it or not ... http://www.thinkdefence.co.uk/2012/08/the-beach-recovery-vehicle/

Lebanon is a little dubious....

You see me surprised! I didn't expect that.

I also searched the internet for some infos about Leos to Lebanon. I found only a little note, that says Belgium wanted to sell Leopards to Lebanon but the german government didn't give a permission for that. Sometimes even our politicians do something right. The reasons to do so are very clear to me. That region is political very unstable ....

Eric, that swedish Cent is not mine, it's Michal's. But it looks great indeed.
Grindcore
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 389 posts
Armorama: 358 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 05:12 AM UTC

Hey guys, not sure if this is the right place for this but I need a little help.
I want to join this campaign so I ordered the Perfect Scale Modellbau Leopard 1A2 turret to backdate an Italeri Leopard 1A5 I had sitting around since it's been surpassed by the Meng version. Problem is, when I opened up the Italeri kit I had glued the turret together years ago.

Does anyone have a lower turret half they don't need? Part 113.
I will gladly ship you the glued turret I have in exchange, along with any A5 parts you want.

Many thanks in advance,

Jimmy

If you think I should post this in the Buy, sell, trade forum I will or a mod can move it.
mshackleton
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 07:12 PM UTC
Leopardmania 50 campaign on FaceBook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/798668223575193/

I thought it might be fun if we could see what our entrants are building as we go along.

The Campaign rules only require photos at the start and completeion of the build. Of course you are free to post your build photos right here on Armorama. I just figured that FaceBook might be easier to use for those of you already there.
BlackWidow
Visit this Community
European Union
Posted: Friday, November 27, 2015 - 12:17 AM UTC
Hi Michael,
your little parcle has arrived here today. Thanks for that, but have a look ....

All eyes are broken off the base, one of them in 2 halves. But don't worry, I think I can fix it. All others are okay, they just need a little sanding. Fortunatly I have 2 sets, so the campaign build is not in danger. The growsers arrived unharmed Thanks a lot for them!

Torsten
mshackleton
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, November 27, 2015 - 02:02 AM UTC
Hello Torsten. I'm sorry about this. Email just sent.
roteck
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 274 posts
Armorama: 159 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 01:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ribbon Proposal

This is what I came up with this morning before I headed into work…

Full Size

Ribbon Size

Let me know what you all think.

It's perfect Eric! Good job!

Christian
jet
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 306 posts
Armorama: 295 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 29, 2015 - 10:24 AM UTC
Hello, I would like to post my subject. It will be the 1A5/C2 Leopard kit from Takom. I have several other Leopards under way at various stages of comlpetion, and to keep things simple and clear for me, I'm going to start fresh with this kit. I will build the Canadian option with this kit. I may keep it to a straight ahead out of the box build,(don't hold your breath) just to help me get something completed, as I often have very little time and or energy for modelling after the long hours I put into my job, as well as other interests and activities.
mshackleton
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 30, 2015 - 04:20 PM UTC
1st December has arrived and marks the official start of the Leopardmania 50 Campaign.

All I can say is get building! Any Leopard 1 model less than 50% complete can be entered.

The rules say:
9 A start photo must be posted proving the start date - for example, time and date on a mobile or a newspaper - with the model/kit box/whatever point you are starting at.

10 A photo of the finished model must appear in the thread to be eligible for a ribbon or to be in the running for a prize.

So once you get started, please take note of Rule 9.

I have started a FaceBook blog. Although the rules say you only need to show photos at the start and finish of your build, please feel free to post whatever you like either here in the Campaign or on the FaceBook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/798668223575193/

Everyone - have fun!!

Go to the start of the thread for the complete rules.
mshackleton
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 30, 2015 - 09:40 PM UTC
Danish United Nations Leopard 1A5DK

To kick off the Campaign, here is my start photo of my own particular entry. Legend 1A5DK conversion on the Meng 1A3/1A4 with lots of Leopard Workshop parts to be added:-)

Why is it so difficult uploading any photos on this site? Hate it!!
bwiber
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 436 posts
Armorama: 320 posts
Posted: Monday, November 30, 2015 - 09:46 PM UTC
Starting off on the BARV...

Here is how it is this morning.....

The Leopard Club road wheels and Orochi tracks are taken from the Leopard C2 build I was doing. It got put away for this campaign so that I could try and finish the BARV.

The cabin you see is just a paper test to make sure that the drawings I did for the cabin would work. I don't make any guarantees about the accuracy but you can see/download the drawings HERE

Now the fun begins....
Bob
bwiber
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 30, 2015 - 10:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Why is it so difficult uploading any photos on this site? Hate it!!

Michael...... Nice looking Leopard. Will be watching you finish this one off. Is the tan from the conversion or is that a non-slip coating?

As for the photos... I use Imgur and have no issues. They give me the various codes to use to show off the images.... I just copy and paste the right one and the images show up. As for using the on site system.... well, it could be a lot easier. That is one reason I don't use it.

Bob
mshackleton
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 30, 2015 - 10:04 PM UTC
It is a plastic textured aerosol paint for use in the garden to stop rust. It is called Rustoleum and has the perfect fine texture for non-slip surfaces.

What is Imgur? A bit like PhotoBucket?
MichalBT
Visit this Community
Województwo Kieleckie, Poland
KitMaker: 326 posts
Armorama: 275 posts
Posted: Monday, November 30, 2015 - 10:16 PM UTC
[url=http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb337/Michal_Bartusiak/IMAG4010_zpss2z3img5.jpg[/url]
Here is a photo of my Leo As1 which was taken today
Happy modelling for all
mshackleton
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 30, 2015 - 10:23 PM UTC
Someone else with photo upload problems!!
jet
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, November 30, 2015 - 10:32 PM UTC
Can't you not upload your images to a folder on your leopard club website? And then link the url here? That's what I do. I can help sort it out if you wanna figure it out later.
jet
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, November 30, 2015 - 10:44 PM UTC
For the above the wrong htlm was used should be the img one
mshackleton
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 30, 2015 - 10:46 PM UTC
I've figured mine out but Michal is having probs, as you see. he has posted his pic on the Leopardmania FaceBook page though.

Thanks for sorting him out:-)
bwiber
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 30, 2015 - 10:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

It is a plastic textured aerosol paint for use in the garden to stop rust. It is called Rustoleum and has the perfect fine texture for non-slip surfaces.

What is Imgur? A bit like PhotoBucket?

Imgur is basically like PhotoBucket. It just was easier for me to figure out and use.

My problem with the textured paints is the same as my problem with an airbrush..... I WANT COLOR AND I WANT IT NOW!!! Tend to have paint that is as thick as the model parts....

Bob
BOB506
Visit this Community
Denmark
KitMaker: 23 posts
Armorama: 23 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 12:00 AM UTC
German Army Leopard 1A4

Hi fellow cats
I'll join the Leopardmania 50 replacement campaign with a Meng 1:35 Leopard 1 with lots of Leopard Workshop resin goddies, ET Models etch, SKP lenses, Meng tracks and Eureka Tow cables.
This will be my third Leopard 1 in a row. The first was a C2 and I am nearly done with a Danish UNPROFOR Leopard 1A5 from Meng.

Regards
Bobber
Denmark
BlackWidow
Visit this Community
European Union
Posted: Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 01:57 AM UTC
It will take me still a few days before I can start this campaign (maybe 2 more weeks) because I still work on my Focke-Wulf 190, which I want to finish before starting something new. My build will be the Leopard 1A4 in german markings from Tamiya. Will post a start pic then. Good luck to all your campaign builds. Wanna see lots of lovely Leos here ....
For anyone who needs a motivation kick, maybe my 3 from the fuel station can help ....

Michael, I use Photobucket and beside that they are a bit slow because of all the ads, I don't have problems with them. Oh, and I will post my progress pics only here in the campaign build, as I'm no user (and fan) of Facebook.

Happy modelling!
Torsten
MichalBT
Visit this Community
Województwo Kieleckie, Poland
KitMaker: 326 posts
Armorama: 275 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 02:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

For the above the wrong htlm was used should be the img one

Quoted Text

I've figured mine out but Michal is having probs, as you see. he has posted his pic on the Leopardmania FaceBook page though.

Thanks for sorting him out:-)

Thanks for Your help.
errains
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 362 posts
Armorama: 350 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 06:19 AM UTC

So here is my little contribution to this AWESOME Campaign…

Anthony Sewards outstanding two DVD set provides 3283 images plus 14 videos is a staggering amount of reference material on the C2 MEXAS and is a must have for this project.

Not a bad piece of kit even with the molded on details.

A Model Build without aftermarket goodies is like a day without….Anywho here is just a few things that will brighten my day along the way.

For every build I undertake the first step is building what I call an assembly platform. It is nothing more than a 12in x 6in x 1in (30cm x 15cm x 2.5cm) foam core sandwiched between cork board with a hole for the wooden block. This platform serves as work area and place holder for the hull while I work on other sub-assemblies and is great for transporting the model to and from club meetings.

When fitting the turret I like to cut away the locking keys so that the turret just drops into place. However the turret was sitting to high on the upper hull.

The solution…Cut away the upper hull turret ring.

After removing the ring the turret now sets nice and properly on the upper hull.

Before attaching the upper hull to the lower hull a few things needed to be addressed.

The two long rectangle intakes are opened up in preparation for installing PE screens from Real Model. Replaced handles on four access plates with wire and removed some molded on details. Drilled out the engine cover securement bolts as I felt the detail was on the soft side.

Then drilled out the main intake screen part way to increase detail definition.

It’s time to get back to the workbench. Thoughts and comments welcome as always