Public pool
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 09:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Mike , thanks man , demolisher etraordinaire huh , has a certain Inspector Clouseau ring to it , .........love it

Voila! ... Monsieur Demolisher Extraordinaire ... zees weel be your nu tattle.

—mike
Stickframe
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,661 posts
Armorama: 1,202 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 08:22 PM UTC
Hi Cheyene - some seriously tedious construction of destruction going on here! This is looking great - I am confident that the debris work took plenty of time and patience, and it really shows - nice work.

For what it's worth, if you feel like it, you might consider a generous wash over all of it (the debris and floor) with a light color wash (I like lifecolor dust) to, yes, Show dust! - I've used highly diluted colors to tie it all together, and have been surprised and pleased wth the results - sorry, I don't mean to be a pain, as this already looks great; instead, you're so close, why not? - or, leave it!!

Ok - looking great -
Nick
cheyenne
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,185 posts
Armorama: 1,813 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 09:10 PM UTC
Hi Nick , thanks man slowly but surely .......
Yeah man the dust is on the calendar only I've got different color chalk pastels . I'm afraid the wash will bleed certain printed bits , course I could try air brushing [ I actually have Floquil " dust " ] .
Now that you mention it , yeah that's a good idea misting some on a test printie with the ab .
I'll have a lot of dust to add overall but that will be the last act before endgame .
Come to think , I've still got broken glass and roof slates to add also , then it's on to the bar debris .

Thanks for checkin in , ...... the new additions to Bladerunner rock !!!
strongarden
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 730 posts
Armorama: 624 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 05:04 AM UTC
Cheyene
The level of design construction displayed here is to the highest degree, and you are a true scale architect master.

I really enjoy all the subtle details too; cracked pool foundation, door handles, stairway walls coming apart, upper bannister metal deco detail, and on and on.

looking for more, Thanks man!
Cheers
Dave
pnance26
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 766 posts
Armorama: 518 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 08:08 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Nick , thanks man slowly but surely .......
Yeah man the dust is on the calendar only I've got different color chalk pastels . I'm afraid the wash will bleed certain printed bits , course I could try air brushing [ I actually have Floquil " dust " ] .
Now that you mention it , yeah that's a good idea misting some on a test printie with the ab .
I'll have a lot of dust to add overall but that will be the last act before endgame .
Come to think , I've still got broken glass and roof slates to add also , then it's on to the bar debris .

Thanks for checkin in , ...... the new additions to Bladerunner rock !!!

Looking at the work from you and the Bladerunner like dio is always, well... amazing. The level of detail is amazing and it just keeps getting better!

More, more, more!
cheyenne
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, June 03, 2016 - 12:09 AM UTC
Dave , thanks fer the kind words man , appreciate it .
What you call the highest degree my wife calls dioanal .
Sometimes she'll walk into my room and ask how's it goin , I'll reply with ..... I've gotta redo this or that it doesn't look right .
She'll walk out muttering ...... it looks fine you're being dioanal again .

Patrick , how's it goin with the move man , everything cool ?
Thanks fer the compliments man , ya know you're a very good modeler yourself , your attentive to detail , you ask questions , you don't shy from critiques and you're a good modeling buddy .
Hope the rest of the move goes well and you get back to the bench soon !!!
pnance26
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, June 03, 2016 - 03:35 AM UTC
@Cheyenne,

It has turned hot. We are mostly out of the apartment with just the big furniture to go and few more small boxes. It is the 10' x 30' storage space I am not looking forward to unloading. And that is where most of my real modeling gear is except I have spent a couple of hundred dollars on this diorama getting new tooling up and running. My new workspace is air conditioned but I have lots of work to do to get stuff cleaned out and ready for all those boxes.

I appreciate your kind words. This is my first armor in earnest in a long while (I did a Tamiya M60A1 recently just to make sure I still under what parts went where) and then to take on a diorama... I just couldn't think of anything better.

I have a couple of more Dragon tank kits in the storage space but I can't remember what they are... and a ton of autos including about 5 1/12th scale F-1 cars that have been around a long time. I gave my son the 1/32nd F-4 that I had kept intact in the box for about 10 years...

So I thank you for your words and your encouragement!
I will keep on chugging along! And keeping an eye on this little project. I love the building elements especially the tile roof. Just so much to look at...
strongarden
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Sunday, June 05, 2016 - 07:35 PM UTC
Cheyenne
Ah yes, the other half.
Besides feeling warm and fuzzy when some sick new product is released and she's says "...why don't you finish some of the ones you have already...", mine has also endured literally years of me stopping to pick up some miniscule plastic object of no value, watching patiently as I secure someone else's discard into my pocket. She's mellowed some, now just asking "..wad ya find this time...?" There's potential everywhere baby.
Seriously tho, this current project of yours is what keeps me interested and inspired to eventually get up off the bench and back into the game. Thank You

Cheers
Dave
cheyenne
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, June 06, 2016 - 02:32 PM UTC
Keep at it Patrick !!!

Dave , get to work man , after a long spell of nothing I just decided to get at it after looking at ref pics.

I've decided to put a snooker/pool table in the bar area before I start with the debris .
A little more work to go .

jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Monday, June 06, 2016 - 06:30 PM UTC
Nice idea with the table. Those pockets are cool.
J
pnance26
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, June 06, 2016 - 06:44 PM UTC
Great looking pool table but you didn't put slate down under the felt!

No, seriously... that is amazing! What are you using for the pockets? It looks great!
strongarden
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Monday, June 06, 2016 - 07:13 PM UTC
You said it brutha, Thanks!
Dave
cheyenne
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 12:48 AM UTC
Jerry , Patrick , thanks guys , Patrick believe it or not that's real 1/1 scale treated pool table felt , industrial type for outdoor pool tables .
Kept some leftover scraps when they installed my 8' patio table .

Dave , Amen brudda ............
pnance26
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 08:07 PM UTC
I can believe it!

Great work!
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 01:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

... believe it or not that's real 1/1 scale treated pool table felt , industrial type for outdoor pool tables. ....

That is so cool!!!

—mike
Chapman
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 203 posts
Armorama: 198 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 01:24 AM UTC
Amazing work Cheyenne! I love the stairway and all the treatment of the debris on it, reminds me of a life size set for a movie.
Can I ask how you created the slate tiles on the destroyed roof? They look great as does your weathering of all the exposed wood. Thanks!
cheyenne
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 04:37 AM UTC
Thanks Mike , thanks Chris , the slate roof tiles are from a company called dioramadebris.com , silicone molds fer puttin plaster in , nice texture and relief .
Sorry I always cram tons of photos in youze guys eyes but when I take a lot of pics it helps me critique my own work , camera always finds stuff .
Still gotta put the lacy ball pockets on , an that's about it .
On to the bar debris !!!

jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 11:41 PM UTC
Holy cow man!!! That pool table is absolutely beautiful!! I never saw anybody put so much work into the stuff that will go UNDERNEATH the rubble.
J
cheyenne
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 03:13 AM UTC
Thanks Jerry , being a self nit picking , anal , wanna-be perfectionist can be a pain in the back pocket .
I'm just glad I didn't toss it and perform multiple re-dos till I was satisfied .
I just kept telling myself any small or glaring errors I can always cover in debris .
Now the FM will be to cleverly cover it in debris and still show a lot of the table , cause I like the way it turned out .

jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 07:10 PM UTC
That table is spot on dude. Too bad you can't sell the master pattern so others may benefit.
J
pnance26
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 07:20 PM UTC
Brilliant! I say, brilliant!
JGphins
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 249 posts
Armorama: 249 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 12:17 AM UTC
Hey brother, great turn out on that pool table along with all the other recent updates. I admire your attention to detail and as stated before, it is all the little details that are difficult to achieve the way you / we envision them.

Your build quality is remarkable and I'm sure every thought process takes a lot of planning to ensure the results turn out the way we want them to. Love the details brother, keep it up!

Happy modeling!

JGphins
cheyenne
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 02:05 AM UTC
Jerry , thanks man , ....... " master pattern " ...... really , the pool table was contrived while musing weather or not I should even try buildin it .
The master pattern is in my melon along with a couple of Miller Lites , general life worries , happy memories , childhood memories of Julie Newmar [ Cat Woman from the Adam West batman tv show ] boy was she hot , ............ ahem , and tryin to type .
Seriously though I build for fun , my own therapy so to speak , my happy place .
Not that I wouldn't wanna try mass producing them , my fifteen minutes of fame .
If anyone really , really wants one I'd just make em one fer free , provided they put it in a build .

Patrick , thanks man appreciate the sentiments .

JG , thanks brother , speaking of planning , attention to detail etc. ......... you already know you're the same as me , Jerry Patrick and Nick , and many others on the site ,we all do this , we all have the same basic mindset on constructing things to achieve our end game , and you're right it does make us brothers ............ cept with different Moms though .

Thanks again Brother !!!
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, June 17, 2016 - 02:16 AM UTC
Holy "Minnesota Fats!" ... Couldn't resist that one! 'The Hustler' has been playing on cable tv lately.

That table is a great little build in its own right ... nicely done! 🎱

—mike
Dioramartin
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,476 posts
Armorama: 1,463 posts
Posted: Friday, June 17, 2016 - 12:35 PM UTC
Hey Cheyenne,
I’m banking on this being my cue to take a shot – a combination of a foul deed gone to pot, but I’ll cushion the blow - no English will appear as you ain’t got no balls, but I’ll give you a break and pocket the difference. Enough with the puns already, I did wonder if they were shootin’ pool in Nazi Germany. There’s a Van Gogh painting (“The Night Café”) from 1888 Paris depicting a table similar in size and possibly partly boxed-in on the sides, with green baize and two cue balls & a red on it but no pockets. That was a simple carom game called “Straight rail” derived from American Four-Ball and original billiards. There was also a French champion (of ‘3-cushion billiards’ using pockets) named Vignaux who died aged 70 in 1916 so it’s probably safe to say they had various types of tables in Europe, including Germany, by WW2. Just in case someone challenges its authenticity in your masterpiece, and yours has a cool 1920’s art-deco style about it too.
Your craftsmanship blows me away and your imagination is boundless, what you’re doing is shaping up to be a truly Great Diorama. If you’re going for wreckage I’m tempted to offer you some of my 1:35 scale demolition charges but I think we’d both get into serious 1:1 scale trouble. Besides you don’t look like needing any help from anyone.
Here’s to you (I can recommend a stiff Talisker single malt for all forms of dio-itis) & roll on the next stage. Cheers, Tim