Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
"Show Your Teeth" Official Campaign Thread!
Cristiane
Visit this Community
Santa Catarina, Brazil
KitMaker: 522 posts
Armorama: 316 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 01:04 AM UTC

Hi all!

Here is the kit I plan to build for the "teeth" Campaign: Harrier Gr. 7 from Italeri, 1/72.

The decal:

Diablo
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,699 posts
Armorama: 433 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 01:11 AM UTC
Thanks Jean-Luc,I will upload some pics in the gallery.having a good time so far with my airplanes looks like a fun build Cristiane,always have liked the looks of a Harrier.

greetings jeroen,.
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
Armorama: 503 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 01:39 AM UTC
Hi Cristiane!

Welcome aboard!

Nice to have someone from Brazil for this campaign! I like your choice and the design of the teeth. Looking forward to see some progress pictures...

Jean-Luc
wizard179
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 251 posts
Armorama: 22 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 03:40 PM UTC
Hi All

I'm building a 1/72 USAF F-4E from the 52TFW. I am a newbie when it comes to intermediate and advanced level modelling, so will be practicing my skills on an old, cheap, 2nd hand Revell Thunderbird kit before committing to one of the expensive Hasegawa ones. Don't worry I am taking this seriously though.

I bought the Hasegawa kit as well as a Tamiya F-4G with the intention of doing a SAM Hunter/Killer pair after reading an article on the same in some old "Take Off" magazine I have. The F-4G is waiting for the "Wild Weasel" campaign before it can take its place beside the F-4E.

They're both gonna be all over Euro 1 with the shark mouth.
wizard179
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 251 posts
Armorama: 22 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 04:06 PM UTC
[quote]Hi all,

Trying to hunt down if any US F-100 ever sported sharks teeth. That is what I would like to build for the camapign. Photo evidence is not encouraging at this time.

Sincerely,

Brian

Mate,

Don't know if it's too late but I remembered seeing an F-100 with teeth in one of my old magazine sets so I went hunting.... It's scanned in my galleries for you viewing pleasure. Hope it helps. Wizard

http://photos.kitmaker.net/showphoto.php/photo/117273/cat/500/page/1
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 04:34 PM UTC
Hi Wizard179!

Welcome on Armorama!

Beginner, intermediate, advanced, rivet counter etc... no problem! Everyone can participate... as long as you have fun! You can post in-progress pictures and ask all the questions you want! You will get an answer!
Thanks also for the F-100 picture... someone will be happy!
Looking forward to see some pictures soon!

Jean-Luc
fightnjoe
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 603 posts
Armorama: 25 posts
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2006 - 08:10 AM UTC
just an update from me. i have made some progress. the hawk is painted, decaled, and was given a couple of washes.

more from me soon i hope.

joe
bf443
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 895 posts
Armorama: 283 posts
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2006 - 12:22 PM UTC
Hi Wizard,

Thank you for the photo! Shark mouth F-100's in USAF Service are rare indeed. I did find one in natural metal that served in Vietnam (Pahokee Tiger) A nice color plate is shown in the Squadron F-100 in action book. It also stated by 1970 all aircraft were repainted in SEA Camo. I do not know if the sharks mouth survived or not. Maybe some artistic interpetation is called for.

With your info I have another direction to look at. Interesting thing about your picture that F-100 has the exhaust cone of an F-102 which the "In Action" book mentioned was a common replacement especially on National Guard F-100's.

The only other shark mouths that existed were on some French F-100's but the decals are special order (translated it may be months before they arrive) "Sorry Jean-Luc"

I'm leaning toward the Air National Guard (ANG) version. The natural metal one looks really neat but the only decals available for it are from the old ESCI kit of the F-100 which has been out of production for years. Found one on ebay I'm keeping an eye on it but it could go for unreasonable price.

Thank you again everyone for your help on this and not to worry an F-100 will appear one way or another!

Sincerely,
Brian
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2006 - 04:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The only other shark mouths that existed were on some French F-100's but the decals are special order (translated it may be months before they arrive) "Sorry Jean-Luc"

Hi Brian!

Can you tell me the refs of the decals? I'm going to my LHS in Metz tomorrow and they have some aftermarket decals. Maybe with a little luck...

Jean-Luc
bf443
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2006 - 09:40 PM UTC
Hi Jean-Luc,

That's really nice of you to check on my behalf. The decal set is;
Carpena 1/48 DC48009 F-100D Super Sabres USAF & French Air Forces

Thanks again and enjoy your trip to the store!

Sincerely,
Brian
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 03:40 PM UTC
Hi Brian!

It's noted...

Jean-Luc
klimmer
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 250 posts
Armorama: 36 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 11:39 PM UTC
Here is my completed 1/48 Academy P-40C Tomahawk.
Had fun building this one. I love the sharks mouth on almost anything. I lost all the in-process pics when I lent my camera to the kids, sorry.
Any comments are welcomed.

This kit was built OOB, with the exception of photo-etch belts, drilled out exhaust and aftermarket decals. I still have one in the stash that I want to build as a pearl harbor P-40.
I hope you guys like it.
Cheers
Darktrooper
Visit this Community
Delaware, United States
KitMaker: 581 posts
Armorama: 351 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 05:19 PM UTC
Ted, My pictures have been sent to you!

My A-7E Corsair II represents VA-93 "Ravens" assigned to USS Midway in 1983. The squadron was decommissioned in 1987.
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 11:47 PM UTC
Hi all!

Brian, I checked at my LHS and they didnŽt have the decals in stock. The shopkeeper said it would take about a month to get the decals if he orders them. Tell me if I should get them for you. Bad luck for you but good luck for me as I found a Carpena reference that is perfect for the project IŽm currently working on!
Ted, well done! IŽll keep a ribbon for you!
AJ, I received your pictures from Afghanistan! They will travel through France to end up here at Armorama tomorrow! My DSL connection is still down and I will use my work PC!
Six participants have finished their models so far:
- CPT Kelley (P-40 E)
- Lampie (P-40 E)
- Diablo (F6F Hellcat)
- TedMamere (T-6 Texan)
- Klimmer (P-40 C)
- Darktrooper (A-7E Corsair)

I hope we can see more soon!

Jean-Luc
Diablo
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 12:54 AM UTC
yes i have finished the hellcat,but begun working on my second entry the Kittyhawk from hasagawa,also i very nice kit the progress is slow but still got a few months before the campaign ends. to all who finished a kit already i say job well done, everything looks very good.and also to the people who are building i say keep gooing and hope to see some great models later on and have fun ,i know i have with this campaign.i really start to like airplanes:) #:-)

greetings jeroen,.
Martinnnn
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 5,435 posts
Armorama: 2,762 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 01:28 AM UTC
Oh man what a beautifull work there is in this thread!

I really need to join one of these aircraft campaigns once and build an aircraft again...the subject I started with in this hobby! (my first kit ever AH-64D)

Martin
Diablo
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 01:46 AM UTC
your more then welcome to join this campaign Martin

greetings jeroen,.
fightnjoe
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 603 posts
Armorama: 25 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 04:10 AM UTC
i am finished. thanks for letting me do this. i am really thrilled with the results this time.

again the academy 1/48 p-40c

joe
bf443
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 04:33 AM UTC
Hi Jean-Luc,

Thank you for checking on those F-100 decals. I think my best bet is to get started right away on something else as I'm also singed up for some other builds that all end at the same time

I have a P-40E on hand that is looking prety lonely and would be a quick build. That's my new plan the official entry will be a P-40E and If I can manage I will try to complete the F-100 as a second entry.

Thanks again Jean-Luc for helping out.

Brian
lampie
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
Armorama: 97 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 04:55 AM UTC
Hi all.
These completed models are looking pretty spectacular!
Im finding the way that people are finishing the same kit very interesting.All the subtle differences that make each one individual.
As I expected its looking a little bit like a P40 Campaign,and Im looking forward to seeing some of the more unusual subjects finished.
I wonder if the people at Hasegawa have noticed a surge in demand for the P40 since Jan 1st?

Question for Jean-Luc.
Ive noticed that campaign ribbons are only displayed on a members profile page.Is it possible to get this changed so your ribbons appear in a members "callsign box",the one that displays number of posts,rank etc?
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 07:34 PM UTC
Hi all!

I'm happy and honored to present you Darktrooper's entry for the "Show Your Teeth" Campaign. The pictures arrived from Afghanistan to Armorama via France! Isn't that great!

Thanks AJ! That's a great addition to the Campaign!

Nigel, ribbons can't be placed on your callsign box unless you design your own banner for them...
Brian, should I order the Carpena F-100 decals anyway?

Jean-Luc
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
Armorama: 510 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 07:52 PM UTC
WHOOHOO, an entry thats not a P-40 :-) :-) .
Nice one A.J, the first finished jet entry.
My Sabre still about a week from finishing as i encountered a slight hiccup, i to wait for my Alclad 2 Polished aluminium to arrive.
Andy (++)
VonCuda
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2006 - 10:14 AM UTC
Darktrooper, nice build man!
You may want to be a little more carefull with the hobby knife next time though. That's a hell of alot of blood on your workbench! Have a and see the medic. And let me say thank you for your service to our country.

- CPT Kelley (P-40 E)
- Lampie (P-40 E)
- Diablo (F6F Hellcat)
- TedMamere (T-6 Texan)
- Klimmer (P-40 C)

Jean-Luc

Hey Jean-Luc, I know my P-40 had some problems but is it so ugly that I don't get credit for building it?

VonCuda
warlock0322
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
Armorama: 153 posts
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2006 - 01:27 PM UTC
Ok here is my entry for this wonderful build. Not my best work, but this one fought me tooth and nail.

It was a great kit. I just got impatient with it. I will revisit this kit again. To get better results.

Darktrooper
Visit this Community
Delaware, United States
KitMaker: 581 posts
Armorama: 351 posts
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2006 - 03:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Darktrooper, nice build man!
You may want to be a little more carefull with the hobby knife next time though. That's a hell of alot of blood on your workbench! Have a and see the medic. And let me say thank you for your service to our country.

- CPT Kelley (P-40 E)
- Lampie (P-40 E)
- Diablo (F6F Hellcat)
- TedMamere (T-6 Texan)
- Klimmer (P-40 C)

Jean-Luc

Hey Jean-Luc, I know my P-40 had some problems but is it so ugly that I don't get credit for building it?

VonCuda

Hey Hermon, THats isn't my workbench thats the Airconditioning unit outside of my b-hut. and some knucklehead spilled red paint on it.

Thanks guys for the compliments!

Here's a hint to someone that wants to build a jet for this campaign, the A-10 Thunderbolt II!!!!!!!!!