_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
"Show Your Teeth" Official Campaign Thread!
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,901 posts
Armorama: 553 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 07:19 PM UTC
Thanks Jean-Luc,

The interior was enhanced by an Ultracast seat. The exhausts are also Ultracast offerings.

There is alot of pre-planning needed to complete a 12 hour build. For the record out of 8 of us involved I was the only non-finisher Two other aircraft where completed, a Rufe float in 48th and a 48th T33 in Canadian markings.

Frank
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
Armorama: 2,447 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 07:45 PM UTC
Jean-Luc,

Take me out of the hall of shame, but keep me in the foyer; I have put aside the AVG P-40 until I get my ME-262 finished (maybe tonight!).

Who knows, as time rolls on, I may do my B-25 instead.
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
Armorama: 510 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 07:50 PM UTC
Well done Frank, your plane is looking fantastic.
A couple of questions though about the 12 hour build, how do you all keep going and motivated for that long ?,
Do you have any background noise like music or a telly on, i seem to model better when i have music on, and lastly (OK that's three ) do you all constantly ask each other what you are doing and why, personally i think i would snap after about 8 hours with people constantly bugging me ( not really that talkative when i model ).
thanks, Andy (++)
P.S i wish i could have nothing to do except model for 12 hours, but work and the Beloved keep getting in the way LOL.
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 11:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

A couple of questions though about the 12 hour build, how do you all keep going and motivated for that long ?,
Do you have any background noise like music or a telly on, i seem to model better when i have music on, and lastly (OK that's three ) do you all constantly ask each other what you are doing and why, personally i think i would snap after about 8 hours with people constantly bugging me ( not really that talkative when i model ).
thanks, Andy (++)
P.S i wish i could have nothing to do except model for 12 hours, but work and the Beloved keep getting in the way LOL.

We 're all very busy during the 12 hour build, talk is usually non modelling related, although we do take pot shots at each other being good friends with most of the guys you model with, allows you the flexibility to be yourself and it is alot of fun! We have a pot-luck dinner, and snack throughout the build, Mountains of treats are consumed and gallons of coffee and beer are downed. We have a couple of rules, one is, no more than 20 minutes at the air-brushing booth at a time, which can be limiting. We set up a second spray booth outside this year. Talk about difficulties, ever had your paint freeze on you while airbrushing!?!

Here are some photos... and yes that's one of our guys, Rene,.... airbrushing outdoors in Feb at about -10 below.

Diablo
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,699 posts
Armorama: 433 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2006 - 12:04 AM UTC
that looks like a fun thing to do,a 12hour build you can also learn a trick or two from the other guys your building with.are you the one sitting there on the first pic,or did you take the pictures Frank??.you could also have a rule about;when you fart you will have to spray outside :-) :-) :-) .

greetings jeroen,.
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
Armorama: 503 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2006 - 01:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Take me out of the hall of shame, but keep me in the foyer; I have put aside the AVG P-40 until I get my ME-262 finished (maybe tonight!).

Hi Fred!

What Hall of Shame? Is there a Hall of Shame? Noooo! Still three month to go...
Frank, thanks for those nice pictures! I presume you are the guy in red holding the Spitfire box. It must be fun to be with 7 other guys in such a small room! But you have a nice little playground outside to play with! You said you were the only person not to finish, does it mean you have to pay for the food and beer next time? :-)
Roderick, I hope to see pictures soon! By the way, did you gave your wife a kiss from me for the help on the D4Y instructions? This was of great help! I will post pictures of my progress in the "Flattop" thread soon...

Jean-Luc

P.S. I think I will start a second thread in the next days (hours?) as this one reached page 10...
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Armorama: 1,370 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2006 - 03:08 AM UTC
Hello Jean,
Little dilemma here, in the pic below you see a decal sheet showing teeth. Also there is a snake with it’s mouth open showing it’s teeth. I’d like to do the snake decal set but I wanted to clear it with you first. If not…no problem, I’ll go with the other set.

Thanks,
Joe
betheyn
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2006 - 03:14 AM UTC
Hi Joe,
As the campaign is called "Show Your Teeth" and the snake is showing its teeth ( well fangs ) i can't see its a problem. I think your helo will look kind of cool with the snake markings on. But Jean-Luc is the leader so its up to him really.
Andy (++)
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2006 - 05:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Frank, thanks for those nice pictures! I presume you are the guy in red holding the Spitfire box. It must be fun to be with 7 other guys in such a small room! But you have a nice little playground outside to play with! You said you were the only person not to finish, does it mean you have to pay for the food and beer next time? :-)
Jean-Luc

Yeah, thats me in the red...... the camera must add 20 pounds!... As far as finishing penalties, public knowledge of not completing is enough shame.

Frank
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2006 - 11:47 AM UTC
Hi Joe!

Andy is right. The snake's mouth is within the Campaign's rules. No problem!

Jean-Luc
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2006 - 11:56 AM UTC
Hey Jean that's cool, thats the one I was hopeing to do. Here is another progress pic with it painted, gloss coated and a gray wash added. I have about an hour left before I can start knocking of the oil wash, I'm going to pull an all-nighter

Tonight’s diet…nicotine and caffeine.

betheyn
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2006 - 09:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Tonight’s diet…nicotine and caffeine.

I like the sound of that diet, but I'd throw a few bacon butties in as well :-) :-) .
Andy (++)
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2006 - 12:13 PM UTC
Progress moving along on my cobra. Have most of the weathering done, but there is a few tweaks left to do. This is one dirty bird.

Need to add in some more black soot into the center of tail boom and some fine touch ups, then the dull coat. Should have her done on Wednesday.
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2006 - 12:18 PM UTC
Nice cobra Joe!, clean build with great weathering, not easy to pull off........

After this campaign is completed, you should suggest a helo campaign. I'm not sure if it's been done before, but it should be guarranteed to get plenty of support.

Frank
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2006 - 06:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

After this campaign is completed, you should suggest a helo campaign. I'm not sure if it's been done before, but it should be guarranteed to get plenty of support.

Hi all!

Looks better and better Joe! Can't wait until tomorrow to add a new one to the list!
I would be glad to do a helo campaign with a Focke-Achgelis FA223 or a Sikorsky R-4

Jean-Luc
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 12:52 AM UTC
Hi all!

I started thread n°2. So please don't post here anymore and go to the new one!

Thanks!

Jean-Luc
 _GOTOTOP