_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
"Show Your Teeth" Official Campaign Thread!
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
Armorama: 503 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 03:54 PM UTC

Hi all!

A new year is beginning and the "Show Your Teeth" Campaign starts today!

I warmthly welcome all the participants and wish everyone good luck and to have fun with their projects. The rules of this Campaign can be found at the following link . So far we are 30 and I thank you all for showing interest in this.
The ribbon below will be awarded to anyone finishing an aircraft model showing teeth before May 31st, 2006.

An official "Show Your Teeth" gallery can be found here ! Thanks Gunnie!
It would be nice if everyone could at least post 3 pictures during the Campaign. The first one presenting the kit used (box, sprues, decals etc...), the second one with the kit in progress (before painting for example) and the last one showing the finished kit of course! But feel free to add more if you want!
If you plan to share your build in detail, you can also create an "individual" thread in the Campaign Forum. But come here from time to time and don't forget to post your 3 pictures. This way I will be able to keep an eye on all ongoing projects.

This is my first time as Campaign Leader, so feel free to make comments and remarks if I forgot or missed something! I wish everyone a good "Teethed" Campaign...

Jean-Luc
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 04:05 PM UTC
Hi all!

Here is the kit I plan to build for the "teeth" Campaign: Heller's 1/48 Texan in French markings.

The model is a reissue of the "old" Ocidental kit. It has a good level of detail and engraved panel lines. I have some references about French Texans used in Algeria so maybe I'll do some minor scratchbuiling if necessary to spice it up a little bit. Other than that it will be a relaxing OOB project I hope!

Can't wait to see what you plan to build!

Jean-Luc
Darktrooper
Visit this Community
Delaware, United States
KitMaker: 581 posts
Armorama: 351 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 04:18 PM UTC
I am building Hasegawa's LTV A-7E Corsair II. The Squadron that I am depicting is VA-93 "Bleu Blazers"

Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
Armorama: 630 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 06:10 PM UTC
I started this morning by taking a look through the parts, plastc, PE and resin of my Eduard ProfiPack P-40M (ex Mauve). Just confirming colours and looking to se if there are any potential fit issues and getting to understand the instructions.
I will start building this evening, hopefully, by cleaning up the resin pieces. This afternoon I hope to put the finishing touches to my new spray booth and I hope to use it tomorrow, I'm really looking forward to that, It's been a looooooooooooooong time since I last did any painting, or even building for that matter.
Mal
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
Armorama: 510 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 07:36 PM UTC
Well this will be my entry. Its the I.CM Mustang P 51C.
Yes i know it hasn't got any teeth on the box, but don't worry it will have a full set of gnashers by the end. I'll be making my own decals for this ( first time doing this), so expect the teeth to be painted on after i balls it up :-) :-) .
Andy (++)
Savage
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,405 posts
Armorama: 656 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 01, 2006 - 03:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Well this will be my entry. Its the I.CM Mustang P 51C.
Yes i know it hasn't got any teeth on the box, but don't worry it will have a full set of gnashers by the end. I'll be making my own decals for this ( first time doing this), so expect the teeth to be painted on after i balls it up :-) :-) .

Hi Andy, PLEASE tell me you're not doing a P-51 from 112 Squadron, as I was hoping to do one. I'm using ICM's P-51B with decals from Tamiya's RAF Mustang III, to hopefully finish with:

Picture from: http://www.mts.net/~royb/raf_kittyhawK_codes.html
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
Armorama: 510 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 01, 2006 - 03:41 AM UTC
Eric, my Mustang will be American ( well was !!! ) .
That will peek all your interests. I'll will say no more :-) .
Andy (++)
Savage
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,405 posts
Armorama: 656 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 01, 2006 - 03:47 AM UTC
Andy, if you're interested, I have a spare set of P-51 teeth from:

FOXBAT31
Visit this Community
Distrito Federal, Mexico
KitMaker: 21 posts
Armorama: 10 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 01, 2006 - 01:28 PM UTC
Drat! I'm out of town. I'll be joining as soon as I get home in a few days! I'm a slow modeller and need all the time I can get.

Cheers and Happy 2006!

Martin
bf443
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 895 posts
Armorama: 283 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 09:22 AM UTC
Hi all,

Trying to hunt down if any US F-100 ever sported sharks teeth. That is what I would like to build for the camapign. Photo evidence is not encouraging at this time.

Sincerely,

Brian
wampum
Visit this Community
Tekirdag, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Armorama: 661 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 12:55 PM UTC
I am not a aircraft modeller but this "show your teeth" campaign sounds very nice. I always loved the teeth on the airplanes. First of all thanks Jean-Luc for this interesting campaign. I want to be a part of it, I want that ribbon .
I searched my stock, I knew I must have some airplane kits there. What I found for this campaign is a A-10 Warthog at 1/72 scale from Monogram. I think the kit dates to early 80's..
For almost 20 years I didn't model an airplane. And then I was a child. We'll see how my tank and diorama building skills will help me on building this A-10..

Alguhan
swingbowler
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 162 posts
Armorama: 52 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 01:46 PM UTC
hi guys this is the kit i'm going to do:

did a bit of test fitting, this is not going to be a straightforward build...

still cleaning resin parts at this stage...
CPTKelley
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 206 posts
Armorama: 50 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 03:17 PM UTC
Hasegawa 1:48 Curtiss P-40E Warhawk
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was finally motivated to pull mine off the shelf and start it New Years' Day. The seat harness is Eduard PE, and I added a few Reheat placard decals. The rest is kit stock, and the instrument panel is the kit decal(s). I took the easy way out this time, I want this to be a fun break from some other ongoing sagas.....I finished primering and Micromeshing this evening, I'll post more pics soon.....

PolarBear
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 820 posts
Armorama: 165 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 04:58 AM UTC
Well, I simply haven't decided yet...

Either I will be going with the old Heller kit of the Saab J21A in 1/72...

Otherwise, I'll be going with the ancient Heller kit of the Saab J21A in 1/72...

:-) :-) :-)

Word from the dealer is that I will not get the vac-formed (!!) conversion set for the jet-version (J21R) and the angry gun pod ("the toad") for quite some time. Well, the Prop version isn't that bad a subject, anyway...

Cheers!
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 01:52 PM UTC
Hi all!

That's a nice collection of teeth we have so far! It's also nice to have so many different subjects: P-61, P-40, A-10, Saab J-21, P-51, F-100 etc... great!
Looking forward to see them all!

Jean-Luc

P.S. Great cockpit by the way James!
VonCuda
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 05, 2006 - 01:49 AM UTC
Howdy everybody
This is my entry. Yes, another Hasegawa P-40E. I just got it through the mail this morning. I plan on building it with the markings of Ed Rectors plane as he was my Uncle. My kit was supposed to contain PE seat belts etc. but there were none in the box.
I have a set of resin wheels and exhausts on the way as well.

Darktrooper
Visit this Community
Delaware, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 05, 2006 - 10:14 AM UTC
I just recieved the paint from Dave, Thanks!!!!!, and I will begin working on my A-7 Corsair II today.
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
Posted: Thursday, January 05, 2006 - 10:57 AM UTC
Hi all!

It's good to see some of you already started their models... maybe I should start mine as well!
Hermon, that's too bad about the PE parts. Do you mean they were supposed to be in the box? Is yours a limited edition? I didn't noticed PE parts in my boxing...

Jean-Luc
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,901 posts
Armorama: 553 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 05, 2006 - 10:06 PM UTC
After giving it some thought, (It's a simpler build than the Seaking, and I've got alot of campaigns to work on!) I'll be building the MkVIII 'Grey Nurse' flown by Wing Commander Robert "Bobby" Gibbes on No.457 Squadron RAAF, Morotai 1945. It will be the Hasegawa 48th scale release, with Ultracast seat and exhausts, and Victory Productions (Cartograph) decals.

Frank

CPTKelley
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 206 posts
Armorama: 50 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 07, 2006 - 07:37 AM UTC

P-40E Warhawk Nears Completion....
Well, I got quite a bit done today....it's decaled and glossed over, ready for an oil wash. I should have it finished tomorrow sometime. Project begun on New Year's Day.This kit is a TON of fun to build, and the level of detail is quite magnificent. A nice break from some other projects. Really well done, Hasegawa! The only issue I encountered was the area directly behind the cockpit, which is assembled (2 pieces) seperately then dropped in as a "plug". Ugly seam there, but filled easily.Enjoy.

TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
Posted: Saturday, January 07, 2006 - 12:52 PM UTC
Wow James!

It looks cool! You could almost leave it at it is! But it wouldn't have teeth... :-)
It's too bad there's no special ribbon for the first one to finish! In almost one week you are almost done! I really have to start mine!

Jean-Luc
newtothegame
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 588 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2006 - 12:12 AM UTC
Oops. I missed that we were supposed to take a pre-starting picture. I'm sorry...

Anyway, I am doing the hasegawa 1/72 hellcat with cat mouth. Here's a pic of the box:

The cockpit is incredibly basic, so the fuselage is already closed up and I decided to try rescribing the plane. I'm sure with lots of practice, this becomes a fairly manageable task, but man it is driving me crazy! Struggling through though and may finish that task soon. Can't wait to primer and see all the mistakes that need fixed .

Well hope all is well.
Leon
Minuteman
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 261 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2006 - 01:16 AM UTC
Seldom do I find my way to this forum, let alone build modeling things with wings, however after seeing the campaign I figured time to check the stash and see what I come up with. I found this 1/48 P-39 Monogram kit at a garage sale about 10 years ago and it is from the late sixties-early 70’s so this will become my entry. I am waiting for a few extras to complete this build.

Jay
Diablo
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,699 posts
Armorama: 433 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2006 - 02:32 AM UTC
This will be my entry : a F6F-3 Hellcat from Hasagawa.started on the cockpit today,and that is coming along nicely.I think,first one i ever did so pro's on building a aircraft is that there aren't a gazillion roadwheels to assemble :-) will post some pics of the progress later on.

greetings jeroen.
Darktrooper
Visit this Community
Delaware, United States
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2006 - 01:59 PM UTC
my Corsair is almost finished. Waiting on new decals for the squadron markings, the kit decal for the squadron markings on the tail shriveled up after being applied.

The corsair will have a bomb load on it.
 _GOTOTOP