Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
"Show Your Teeth" Official Campaign Thread!
bf443
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 895 posts
Armorama: 283 posts
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2006 - 11:50 PM UTC
Hi everyone,

Jean-Luc, I sent you a PM about the decals.

Darktrooper, you mentioned A-10. Is there some A-10's flying around Afghanistan sporting sharkmouths? If so do you have access to pictures?

I must say I sure enjoy everyones pictures I hope to return the favor to all of you soon!

Sincerely,
Brian
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
Armorama: 503 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 02:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey Jean-Luc, I know my P-40 had some problems but is it so ugly that I don't get credit for building it?

Hi all!

Oooops! Sorry Hermon! With all these P-40īs I forgot yours! Letīs say itīs because Iīm working with a 56K modem...

So hereīs an updated list:

Eight participants have finished their models so far:
- CPT Kelley (P-40 E)
- Lampie (P-40 E)
- VonCuda (P-40E)
- Diablo (F6F Hellcat)
- TedMamere (T-6 Texan)
- Klimmer (P-40 C)
- Darktrooper (A-7E Corsair)
- Warlock0322 (Huey, is that right?)

Paul nice one! But, as you said the decals should be "revisited". It looks like they didnīt wanted to go on the model! Maybe thatīs what you meant by "this one fought me tooth and nail" :-) But itīs good to see a Helo for the Campaign!

Jean-Luc

P.S. If I make a mistake or forget someone, donīt hesitate and tell me. Again, Iīm not fully operational at the moment and itīs sometime difficult for me to follow the entire thread.
fightnjoe
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 603 posts
Armorama: 25 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 08:18 AM UTC
you can add me to the list. mine is finished.

pics on page 6 i believe

joe
Darktrooper
Visit this Community
Delaware, United States
KitMaker: 581 posts
Armorama: 351 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2006 - 11:53 AM UTC
Brian, I dont think these A-10's do, but I will try and find out for you. There are many pictures of the A-10 available in the European Green Camo with a color sharkmouth, and the Light Grey paintjob with the subdued grey sharkmouth.
LilAviator
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 - 10:35 PM UTC
Hi Jean-Luc, and everybody!

Jean-Luc, I wont be able to do my Aleutian Tiger for this campaign. The other night while I was at basketball practice my little brother played with my tiger and now it is all smashed up. I started a new plane and I hope that is ok.
This is a Hasegawa F-8 Crusader in 1/72 scale. I am almost halfway done with it. Almost everything is glued and painted and I hope to get the decals on this weekend with Dads help. The paint is from spray cans and dad helped show me how to tape off the areas where the two different colors met. I hope this is ok with you that I had to change planes.

Hunter Rector.

bf443
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 - 11:37 PM UTC
Hi everyone,

Here is my progress so far. ARII P-40E It's really not that bad of a kit despite the age of it. It went together pretty well. I need to do a little polishing stick work to engine panels and part of the tail fin.

The box and instructions show the kit has British decals but they were not included in the decal sheet. It does not matter as the quality of the US markings are not good enough to bother with them.

I'm going to use promodeler P-40E markings for Col. Robert Scotts aircraft in China.

Darktrooper thanks for looking into the A-10 sharkmouths and Jean-Luc the ESCI F-100 has not arrived yet but as soon as it does I will let you know about the those decals.

Brian
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
Armorama: 510 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 05:20 AM UTC
Here you go Jean -Luc, you can now add my name to the list of finished entrys.
Italeri F-86 Sabre, U.S.A.F- 336th FIS, K 14 Airbase, Korea 1952. According to my sources this plane was shot down.
Painted in Alclad 2. Decals from the box.

Andy (++)
Ripster
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 970 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 05:48 AM UTC
Don't want to sound patronising or anything here, but was browsing this thread and came across LilAviator's last post. I just wanted to say - what a polite kid! Not only that, writes nicely and makes models a heck of a lot better than I did when I was his age! His Dad should be proud.

LilAviator - look forward to seeing your finished Crusader, and many more - great stuff!
bf443
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 09:03 AM UTC
Hi Andy,

Great looking F-86 Sabre. I was curious now that you assembled the kit "What is your opinion of it's strength and weakness?

I ask because there is one sitting on the self at a local hobby store for $23.00 and I have a gift certificate for twenty dollars. In your opinion is it worth the money and effort?

Sincerely,
Brian
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 05:15 PM UTC
Hi all!

Wow! Other great models are coming in!
Congratulations Andy for you Sabre. It looks very good near the Mig!
Hunter, too bad for your P-40! But a Crusader is good for me too!
Brian, that's an Exotic P-40E kit! This will make a nice comparison build with the Hasegawa kit.

Here's the finished entries list:
Ten participants have finished their models so far:
- CPT Kelley (P-40 E)
- Lampie (P-40 E)
- VonCuda (P-40E)
- Diablo (F6F Hellcat)
- TedMamere (T-6 Texan)
- Klimmer (P-40 C)
- Fightnjoe (P-40C) - sorry for the delay
- Warlock0322 (Huey, is that right?)
- Betheyn (F-86 Sabre)

Good luck for all those who are currently building their "Teethed" models!

Jean-Luc
lampie
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
Armorama: 97 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 05:49 PM UTC
Hi all.
There are some great finished models coming in!
Lil Aviator,,maybe you and Hunter should get little bro interested in modelling?,,or maybe lock the model room up?
Thats a great finished jet there Andy. How does that Alcad paint?,,do you get many problems with it?
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
Armorama: 510 posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2006 - 02:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Congratulations Andy for you Sabre. It looks very good near the Mig!

Hi Jean-Luc,
Its an Amorama exclusive, a Nigerian Mig parked next to a U.S Sabre :-)

Quoted Text

Hi Andy,

I was curious now that you assembled the kit "What is your opinion of it's strength and weakness?
In your opinion is it worth the money and effort?

Sincerely,
Brian

Hi Brian,
Hmmm, bit of a poser that question. The reason i bought the Italeri version was it was the cheapest Sabre i could see with Shark teeth ( it was a week before payday LOL ). As for the kit itself, it is not a difficult kit as there are not many parts. Cockpit detail isn't great and the panel lines are rather shallow. Fit wise it goes together great with only a little filler and sanding required. The undercarriage is a lot to be desired as it doesn't seem very sturdy. Where this kit excels itself is with the decal sheet. It is the size of the box with markings for six aircraft from five nations ( 2- U.S.A, 1- British, 1- German, 1-Canadian and 1- South African). The yellow bands have to be painted on which does require some thinking about to do. All in all a nice kit but how it compares to other manufactures kits i don't know. Hope this helps.

Quoted Text

How does that Alcad paint?,,do you get many problems with it?

Hi Nige,
I have only had one problem with the Alclad and that was when i sprayed it over an enamel paint, it worked as well as stripper . Other than that i always spray it and it comes out fine over Tamiya acrylics. The only downside of the stuff is that it stinks, so wearing a mask is essential.
Thanks for all your kind comments about my Sabre.
Andy (++)
vanize
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,954 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2006 - 06:11 AM UTC
ok, I'm in despite being a late arrival - I'm going to dust off an accurate minatures B-25 for the campaign and give it one of the fierce bat faces on the nose. I have to go fetch it from my storage unit in another part of the country first though! I'll put up pics in a few weeks.
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2006 - 12:27 PM UTC
Hi Vance!

Welcome to the Show... your Teeth Campaign!

I will follow our B-25 build with great interest as I have (like many others) the same kit, same boxing in my stash! As soon as you find it, could you tell us if yours comes with instrument panels on the decals? We found out some kits have some and others none... If your kit is of the second category, Rowan (Merlin) kindly scanned us the missing instruments and I can forward them to you if needed.

Jean-Luc
vanize
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,954 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2006 - 10:50 PM UTC
really?

I bought that kit about the same time Accurate Miniatures was going under a few years ago and then had to put it into storage soon after because of moving overseas, so I never did get a good look at the contents.

Thanks for the heads up.
LilAviator
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 11 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2006 - 11:24 PM UTC
Hi everyone. Here is my F-8 crusader all done and painted. This jet was pretty easy to build but it took alot of time to get the painting done right and the decals were pretty hard to do also. The way dad took the pictures you really cant see all the mistakes and the glue fingerprints.
I can't wait to get my ribbon in June! My art teacher at school has been keeping up with my progress here so he will be surprised to see that I finished my model.

This was a fun project but I think I will stick to just building planes for fun for a while. It is hard to do a good job and finish a model on time while your going to school and playing sports. I think I will start working on something now and try to have it ready for teh model of month in a few months.
Thanks everybody, Hunter Rector
Diablo
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,699 posts
Armorama: 433 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 12:45 AM UTC
WOW,very nice model Hunter I like the gray color very much.
this is a 1;72 kit right,can't wait untill you do one in 1;48.they will have to watch out in the MOM if you keep this up.I say a ribbon is well deserved with this one.,

greetings jeroen,.
lampie
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
Armorama: 97 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 12:47 AM UTC
Congratulations Hunter.
Thats a very nicely finished jet youve got there.
Hope you enjoyed building it.
Now all you have to do is get your day to put it on a really high shelf well away from your little brother!
Well done,,and enjoy your ribbon in a few months!
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 01:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I can't wait to get my ribbon in June! My art teacher at school has been keeping up with my progress here so he will be surprised to see that I finished my model.

Hi Hunter!

And I canīt wait to award you that well deserved ribbon! You made a very good job. If only the schoolboys I have in my modeling club would work as clean as you do!
Say a "hello from France" to your Art Teatcher for me!

Jean-Luc
VonCuda
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 02:17 AM UTC
Hey guys
Don't want to hijack this thread but I just wanted to say thanks for the kind words about my son (LilAviator).
He's a good kid, always makes straight A's in school and does well in all sports.
Pretty much all I did was help him mask this F-8 and helped with the decals. This is a great way for he and I to spend time together and also a really neat way for me to sneak in a history lesson while we're building. Again, thanks for the nice comments.

Quoted Text

Say a "hello from France" to your Art Teatcher for me!

Jean-Luc

Hey Jean-Luc, Hunters art teacher (Mr. Frisby) will get a kick out of that. He has really been a great influence for Hunter and a positive roll model. Who knows, we may get him into modeling as well one day. :-)

Hermon
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 02:54 PM UTC
Hi all!

I wanted to inform you the "Show Your Teeth" Campaign just hitted the 50 participants mark! With 11 models already finished (thanks again guys) we still can expect 39 more to come in!

Here's the finished entries list:
- CPT Kelley (P-40 E)
- Lampie (P-40 E)
- VonCuda (P-40E)
- Diablo (F6F Hellcat)
- TedMamere (T-6 Texan)
- Klimmer (P-40 C)
- Fightnjoe (P-40C)
- Warlock0322 (Huey)
- Betheyn (F-86 Sabre)
- LilAviator (F-8 Crusader)

Welcome to the last participants and good luck to all!

Jean-Luc
almonkey
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
Armorama: 192 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 09:35 PM UTC
are you going to "name and shame " the 39 guys who havent finished? three guesses which catagory i'm in! :-)
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 11:18 PM UTC
Hi Baron!

No, I wonīt publish a "shame" list... at least not now! :-) There is still plenty of time. Tick! Tick! Tick! Tick!

Jean-Luc
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,901 posts
Armorama: 553 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 01:55 AM UTC
Hello..................... my name is Frank, ............................... this is my first time here at Armorama Procrastinators Anonymous, ................... I have a problem

Seriously,.... if there wasn't a last minute, I wouldn't get anything completed! My two wings and a prayer build was completed in the last week of the campaign! So you will, no doubt see my entry come in right at the last minute....

Frank (late for my own funeral) Portela
Diablo
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,699 posts
Armorama: 433 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 02:38 AM UTC
LOL,well Frank ,the stuff you turn out on the last minute is always a pleasure to look at just to compare you should brake with this tradition and deliver a model way before a deadline,and if it will look like crap,you will have a solid alibi to deliver on the last possible moment the rest of your life :-) :-) :-)

greetings jeroen,.