_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Churchill Mk III Interior Build
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 10, 2010 - 05:45 AM UTC
Hi Guys,

Well finally, this is the last part for now. Added the small mike bags, a map, copy of Life magazine and did a bit of weathering and added the PE brackets for the spare track. Over all the tank probably needs to be dustier.

Al
Matt182
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 269 posts
Armorama: 243 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 10, 2010 - 09:27 AM UTC
Hi Alan,

Cant' believe I missed this build log until now! I think it looks brilliant and you have done a great job. Really like the weathering. Only one thing, the number on the side stands out quite a lot. Maybe tone it down a little to match the rest of the weathering?

Apart from that, superb!
ChrisDM
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 717 posts
Armorama: 697 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 10, 2010 - 09:36 AM UTC
This looks truly superb Alan, and I can't tell you how gratifying it is to see the ITA interior assembled painted and weathered to such a high standard

Of course the outside is equally well handled and personally I think you've got the weathering spot on. I can just imagine the crew, fresh back off exercise, attending to all the niggles and idiosyncrases of their churchill highlighted by the rigours of exercise

For my money, I'd leve the markings as they are. The Calgary Regiment had only just taken over their churchills at this point and the markings would have been pretty freshly painted

Chris
SteveReid
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 212 posts
Armorama: 159 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 10, 2010 - 02:08 PM UTC
Alan-
a very ambitious project and beautifully done!

That was fun to follow!

Great work.

Steve
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 10, 2010 - 10:49 PM UTC
Hi Matt, Chris and Steve,

Thanks for the feedabck folks. Matt I tend to agree with Chris on the markings, you can see where the chalked WD numbers are still visible on the tank sides, which would have been put there so that the WD numbers could be painted on.

The only key build element not added at this stage are the tow cables. This is becasue I'm undecided about the final finish and may replace the kit string offerings with picture wire.

The tools, 6pdr ammo, food and stores and some more personal kit are all yet to be completed.

For a final base a field type setting would seem appropriate or possible a hard surface with a Nissan Hut and Field workshop type setting. Still thinking in it and I want to build a Tilly to go with it.

Thanks for the comments and help and support, this one has been a lot of fun.

Al
 _GOTOTOP