An ambitious project
Stickframe
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,661 posts
Armorama: 1,202 posts
Posted: Monday, December 16, 2013 - 09:32 AM UTC
Hi Victor -

The parts i ordered from you arrived Saturday- wow! fast delivery!

they look great - nice and crisp! details seem to have all held

Thanks! These will eventually make their way into the second floor of the truck shop, so, likely to be built in early next year -

cheers!

Nick
sfctur1
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 643 posts
Armorama: 497 posts
Posted: Monday, December 16, 2013 - 05:50 PM UTC
Victor,
The sets were well worth the wait. They are by far some of the best resin kits I have purchased. Look foward to your future releases.
Tom
olivato
Visit this Community
Distrito Federal, Argentina
KitMaker: 127 posts
Armorama: 107 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 - 10:28 AM UTC
Hi everybody!

Gino, yes, with all the latest modern tanks and figures that companies are releasing, I believe that these sets will be useful if you want to make a modern diorama. Thanks for still following my work.

Hisham, I received your mail and we'll keep in touch. The kits are here waiting for you. Thanks for your interest in the sets and my work.

Nick, I'm glad you received the kits, and I am honored because they will be part of that fantastic dio you are making. I have never wanted to show a picture of the furniture painted, as I didn't want to influence other modelers with my choice of colours, so I can't wait to see them painted with your great skills. Thank you for your feedback on the sets!

Tom, it's good to know that the kits were worth the long wait because I kept you waiting longer than I had expected! Sometimes I think I made the sets so you wouldn't have to wait anymore after all your patience and encouragement. Thank you so much!

I've made a facebook page where I will upload what I am working on and my future releases

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Oli-Models-Resin-Pieces/258619780961230

It's been quite hard to start this "business" on my own, but all the feedbacks I have received are so encouraging and positive that I hope more people will trust in my work as much as I do.
Thank you!!!

1stjaeger
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,727 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 - 09:20 PM UTC

Hola Victor!

my sets have just arrived (fast service indeed)!

Had to open the boxes on the spot (of course ) and I can only agree with the others...

..the sets are fantastic, quality is top notch, no air bubbles detected, clever packaging, instruction sheets perfect...what can I say other than well done m8!!

These are products one must recommend without hesitation.
They are crafted with great care by a modeller for fellow modellers.

Thank you and may you produce many more interesting sets!!

Cheers and Feliz Navidad!!

Romain
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 - 10:29 PM UTC
I have been following this thread and I must say I'm very much impressed by your talent and the professional way you present your kits. The modern furniture and accessory sets are really useful and I think you found a great niche for your products.

Here's to many more Oli's Resin Pieces!

Mario

PS I just sent you a PM.
olivato
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 03:02 AM UTC
Hi people!

Romain: Thank you so much for such a nice feedback. Yes, this was really fast, more than I expected... the post office told me no more than 14 days, but only 6... super fast.
I try to pack the set in a way so that the pieces don´t hit one another and break, so the sets are like some kind of mamushka... especially the kitchen set.
Thanks again,
Have you and your family a Happy Christmas and may the new year bring you peace and hope!

Mario: Thanks for your words, and for your patience following this for such a long time. I hope I can fill this niche with my products... I´m making my best effort to offer you a good product in all aspects.

Because I have had some delays and shutdown problems with my e-mail server, I've made a new e-mail address for OliModels sets, so if you are interested in the furniture sets or if you have any questions about them, please contact me at [email protected]

Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2013 - 04:02 AM UTC
Hey Victor.. PM sent!

Hisham
3passa
Visit this Community
Berlin, Germany
KitMaker: 12 posts
Armorama: 12 posts
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2014 - 09:15 AM UTC
Victor, this is totally crazy, keep up the brilliant work! This is some of the most awesome scratchbuilding I´ve seen!! Fantastic!!
olivato
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2014 - 04:16 PM UTC
Thank you Alex for your words, and your support not only here, but also in Facebook, in English y en Español (and in Spanish)
Te mando un fuerte abrazo!

Thank you to all those who have visited my Facebook page. I recognised many fellow modelers from here. I really appreciate it!
3passa
Visit this Community
Berlin, Germany
KitMaker: 12 posts
Armorama: 12 posts
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2014 - 11:53 PM UTC
Denada Che ;-)
I think this is great news for all modern dio builders, I haven´t seen much along these lines and in this quality and love for detail.
Thanks also for sharing all your techniques. Some people would sell this as a book, you give it away and share with everyone.
Very cool. I will follow this thread closely
Saludos a Bs As desde Berlin!
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 04:20 AM UTC
Congratulations Victor. Been watching this thread for some time, and have seen the posts on FB with your products. I knew immediatly what they were although I didn´t know you had intended to starting selling. You did right to take your time to get it right from the start.
dexter059
Visit this Community
Region de Valparaiso, Chile
KitMaker: 1,569 posts
Armorama: 1,385 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 11:52 AM UTC
Victor, the sets arrived in excellent condition, the casting its's really good and the packaging it's great, well protected inside the small boxes.

The sets are really great stuff, and I think you get a lot for your money. Hope more new sets appropiate for a modern setting be released by you. Maybe plaster /resin buildings?

Much recommended and Victor it' s a great guy to deal with, was really concerned during the whole shipment process that was delayed a bit during the holiday season.

Best Regards
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 12:10 AM UTC
Hey Victor, I finally received the sets today.. I guess they took the scenic route No, seriously.. the way things are going in Egypt lately, I'm thankful I got them.. and in one piece!

All I can say is that everything is absolutely first rate.. from the box to the careful packaging to the items themselves, which are excellent! I'm glad I ordered them.

I hope you are planning on doing some more sets in the future.. maybe an air-conditioner set with different types and sizes.. and other fixtures that can be used with modern buildings.

Thanks again
Hisham
olivato
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 03:51 PM UTC
Hi people!!!

If I thought that when I launched the kits things would be more relaxed… I was VERY WRONG!!! Here I am, making more and more copies, packing the kits, answering mails and trying to sell my products the best possible way… far from what you can call being relaxed!

Alex, a book!!! No now, with the sets I have enough in my hands…
I honestly don’t think that sharing techniques is such a big deal; even if you know them, you have to experiment with them for a long while until you master them… I know it from my own experience. I always thought that there is a lot of art involved in this hobby, so if you have it in you, you will master it right away; otherwise, for all the other ones like me, what is left is trial and error and a lot of patience… until we get to do something more or less decent.
Thank you for following my work.

Frank, yes, it did take a lot of time, but people who have already received the kits tell me they liked the product and some have even asked me about future releases, which makes me really proud. As they say, first impressions are the most lasting, and these three sets were that impression, so I did my best. Thank you for your support , both here and in Facebook.

Klaus, thank you so much for your words. It’s unbelievable what happens with the post. It took 6 days to send a parcel to Austria and 25 just to cross the Andes. Anyway , the important thing is that you got it and in good conditions. As for the building, I am working on something, but it will take a while. Te mando un abrazo y muchisimas gracias!

Hisham, thanks God the Track and Trace system works in your country … otherwise I would have been really worried!!! I wasn’t so anxious in your case, because I was able to follow it and I could see that it was moving forward to you! Also, this was a key test for the packaging, over a month on the road (it certainly did take the scenic route ) and you got everything in one piece… now I can honestly say that the packaging works really well!
Thank you for the feedback! I am working on new sets but there are problems again in my country importing the materials, I won’t have more supplies until March/April.
I’ve made a Facebook page where you can see updates and the upcoming www.facebook.com/OliModels
Thanks again and I hope you find the new sets interesting too!
olivato
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 12:31 PM UTC
Hi everyone!

Having organised my life a bit after so many changes -and sorting out some problems not so unusual in my country-, I am back to my ambitious project, which also means starting up new sets to offer in the market.

The structure of the building is complete, and the project was in the furnishing stage. I started from the terrace downwards, and I had reached the second floor. So, with this home entertainment cabinet I am beginning the first floor.
Here are the pictures of the building process. If you have any questions, do ask me. I am always happy to answer.

A well-known modeler here in Armorama, who also has a page of his own, Todd Michalak (modelerssocialclub.proboards.com), has made a very thorough review of the kitchen set. You can find it here http://i78245.wix.com/msc-sponsor-news#!oli-models-kitchen/c6t0
I want to thank him for such an honest and complete review.

As for Oli Models, our next release is a set of decorative bricks.

At present a big box with 100 bricks is available for U$S 26 and I am planning to have a smaller set of 50 bricks for U$S14. If anybody is interested, send me an email to [email protected]
See you soon!
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,159 posts
Armorama: 707 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 12:50 PM UTC
Some more fine work Victor!! Great little TV cabinet!!! Love the bricks too!! Keep up the excellent work!!
pdelsoglio
Visit this Community
Mendoza, Argentina
KitMaker: 561 posts
Armorama: 553 posts
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2014 - 02:00 AM UTC
Victor,

Your work continues to amaze me.
The level of details of your pieces are simply astonishing.

Haces unos trabajos de otro mundo! Lástima que no es del período que yo modelo, sino te los compraba todos !
Felicitaciones! Excelente!

Pablo
WilliamDeCicco
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 392 posts
Armorama: 373 posts
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2014 - 02:40 PM UTC
There are only a few big middle eastern diorama ' s with this much detail an I will be following this thread closely . I have been wanting to do one myself but it just haven't had time or the skill level. And good reference pictures of the buildings.i would appreciate if you could send me the plan's for the building's I would be very grateful.

Happy modeling
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2014 - 06:32 PM UTC
Victor, do you have any plans to use CAD and a 3-D printer? You could make masters quicker as well as making shapes that are difficult by hand.
olivato
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2014 - 12:02 PM UTC
Hi everybody!

My apologies for not answering sooner...but here I am!

Todd, as always, thank you for your positive feedback. I also want to thank you for your latest review of Living Set A.

Pablo, thank you for your constant support. At present I am focusing on modern furniture but in the future I may be launching a couple of sets for WW2 dios.

William, of course I can send you the plans for the buildings. Please send me an email address (here, in an inbox or to [email protected]). I have a zip with these plans and a few other things you might find useful. Thank you for seeing my work.

Biggles2, as a matter of fact I have been looking into some 3Dprinters (I have even asked for some samples from the manufacturers), and I am hoping to get one in the future. Unfortunately, I don't have a big budget at present, as I have just started, so every new step is taken with the money I collected in the previous one.

As I said earlier, I want to thank Todd Michalak for his review of my Living Set A. You can read it in http://www.myhobbyinfo.com/reviews/2014/04/20/oli-models-living-set-a/

As the first set of bricks has had quite a big demand, I am launching a new set with a different decorative brick. Here are the picture of the masters' making-process, form which I am making the molds now.

Here is a picture with both decorative bricks masters

See you soon!

1stjaeger
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2014 - 05:47 PM UTC

Hi Victor,

Another great product from you showing up!!?!

Good luck with it m8!!

Cheers

Romain

olivato
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 05:24 AM UTC
Hi!

Romain, I hope these bricks are as welcomed as the others. I am glad that the people who bought the first sets are interested in the new ones, because it means that they liked the quality of my products.

Here is a picture of the test mold with some of the copies. Everything worked out really well!

Also, I am very proud to say that Hobby Easy (www.hobbyeasy.com),one of the most important hobby shops in the market, is selling my furniture sets.I hope that now it will be easier for modelers to purchase my products.

See you soon!

1stjaeger
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
Posted: Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 06:24 PM UTC

Hola Victor!

if retailers are selling your products, you have a foot in the door!!

Reason enough to open a good bottle of......?? Your choice now!

Cheers

Romain

olivato
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2014 - 03:23 PM UTC
Romain, Yes, having my products sold by such an important store is a really big step for Oli Models.
I don't know if I can uncork a bottle right now, but I can certainly make a toast for all the people that took the risk and bought the kits the minute I launched them.
Thank you and...cheers!
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,159 posts
Armorama: 707 posts
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2014 - 04:24 PM UTC
Great looking additions to the line Victor!! These blocks will definitely work out in many applications I am sure!

Congratulations on getting Hobby Easy on board with Oli Models...BIG STEP forward!! Well done!!