LuckyLuke
Visit this Community
Belgium
KitMaker: 40 posts
Armorama: 34 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 - 01:45 PM UTC
Victor,

Wow, very,very impressive work.
Altough I dont do modern dioramas I found a lot of tips reading your progress.

Very inspiring and you should be very proud of your work !

Best wishes

Luk
sfctur1
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 643 posts
Armorama: 497 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 - 01:26 PM UTC
Victor,
How and where are you going to be selling your items? I am also very interested in purchasing your sets. You can also contact me at [email protected]. Your items will fill a large gap in modern house accessories. Keep up the great work and look foward to your next update.
Tom T
QUAX_MAXIMUS
Visit this Community
El Salvador
KitMaker: 46 posts
Armorama: 43 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 - 03:18 PM UTC
very nice work, you´re very skilfull. waitin´ to see more of your work.
olivato
Visit this Community
Distrito Federal, Argentina
KitMaker: 127 posts
Armorama: 107 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 22, 2012 - 12:26 PM UTC
Hi everyone!!!

Zon: Good idea! Any suggestions for the playlist? Thank you for your support!

Romain: While I was working in these latest pieces, I thought a lot about your words “it’s hard to stop once you are fully into it, isn’t it?” and I completely agree with you, I’ve gone beyond my own limits. Thank you!

Mike:Thank you for the compliments and for watching out for me! Yes, I had it in mind, but it’s not the first time I have forgotten things. The last time, it was my little daughter who reminded me that there were no switches to turn on the lights. As you said, there are so many things to do that it’s easy to forget some. Thank you for the reminder.

Jerry: If the music is related to the people in this place – that is, the rebels’ headquarters- I imagine something heavier than Coldplay… ACDC maybe? Thank you!

Callmehobbes: Thank you very much for your patience and your constant support. In this year and a half you’ve always had kind and encouraging words for me and my work. I really appreciate it.

Luk: Yes, I think some of the things I make can be adapted to other styles or times, for example the way in which I build the houses or the furniture. Thank you for your kind words.

Jose: Thank you for looking at my work and for your encouraging words. Un abrazo!

Thomas: Thank you for the patience and for still being interested in my resin “sets”. As regards this, I have some good news and some bad news. The bad news is that I won’t be able to sell them until February, because in January I won’t be at home because of my work. The good news is that I have most of the sets elements defined. Also, I’ve been researching on resins and found one with no contraction, so you won’t have to refill the gaps when you glue the parts together.
At the beginning, I’ll sell the kits myself, and we’ll see what happens later.
The living-room set will consist of these pieces.

This is what it will look like when the pieces are assembled.

There will be two kinds of lamps included in the set.
The price will be U$D 25 plus shipment.

The kitchen is made up of several modules that can be assembled and combined in different ways. These are all the modules included, and each of them has two different designs for the doors.

Once assembled, they will look like this:

The kit will include two types of sinks, the legs of the cupboards, the CD/MP3 player, the cooker, the taps, the microwave oven, which is the latest piece, a fridge –I’m working on it-four chairs and a round table that I’m about to finish and some ornament for the center of the table. As in the living-room, there will be two kinds of lamps. I’m hoping to finish everything by January, so I can show you the full set as I did with the living-room.
I still have to work out how much resin the whole set will take up, but I think the price will be around the same as for the living-room.
This is all I can tell you about the sets. If anybody is interested in them, let me know the city you live in so I can find out about shipping costs. My e-mail address is [email protected]

It’s been the support and encouragement of all the people that follow this post that has made me jump into this project. I hope my work is up to your expectations. I really enjoy making all these pieces and it’s a joy to be able to share them with other fellow modelers. I can’t thank you enough!

Back to my “ambitious project”, sorry for the delay but I have been away in December because of my job.
I’ve been making things for the rebels on the second floor. I added the ring to the chemical drums

I’ve also made a few crates

I’ve made a gas cylinder that will be connected to a burner (it’s a unique piece, too difficult to copy)

This is an organizer box

All these put together look like this:

The lamp and the tools aren’t mine…they are by Diopark, Factory Tools Set 1.

I have remade the armchair because it looked too narrow, so I cut one of the copies in halves, added some plasticard and putty and this is the result:

As I said in a previous entry, I have changed the buttons of the DVD player- they seemed too big- and I took the risk of adding some design lines. I think it looks much better now.

I have just finished the microwave oven, so here is the step-by-step. I think the pictures talk by themselves, but if there is anything in particular you want to know, just ask me.

I hope you like it! See you soon!
Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,312 posts
Armorama: 1,054 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 22, 2012 - 01:22 PM UTC
Victor, you are a scratch-building madman. I love your work.
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
Armorama: 1,468 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 22, 2012 - 03:13 PM UTC
Hey Victor, been awhile since I checked out your project, but alas, I was not disappointed. Things are progressing very well for you and look splendid. I think that the microwave might be improved a bit by using a flat push screen instead of buttons, maybe. But aside from that, what can one say but outstanding craftsmanship here. Looks like you'll have the bonus of a business as well. Congratulations. I will want to p/u a few of your sets myself, they are that good. Best of luck with the rest of your build. And I hope that the holidays are filled with joy and peace for you and your family.
maartenboersma
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 764 posts
Armorama: 742 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 - 11:47 AM UTC
One word ....TOP!!!!!!
sfctur1
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 - 12:12 PM UTC
Victor
As always your work is superb. Your skills at making furnatue and accessories is the best. I sent you an E-Mail for the items I would like. Keep up the great work,
Tom
xsoft_ej
Visit this Community
Guatemala
KitMaker: 18 posts
Armorama: 17 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 - 12:57 PM UTC
this look better every post you made, i can't wait to see the kind of work you add to the vehicles in this dio. Felices fiestas!!!!
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
KitMaker: 2,406 posts
Armorama: 2,224 posts
Posted: Monday, December 24, 2012 - 04:54 AM UTC
I'm jealous!

Have a nice Christmas

Claude
QUAX_MAXIMUS
Visit this Community
El Salvador
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2012 - 03:33 PM UTC
very nice improvement on the dvd player, the pics of the full sets make them look better, and the gas tank is great. can´t wait to see the whole escene come togheter. saludos desde El Salvador amigo!!!
jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 3,829 posts
Armorama: 881 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 10:49 AM UTC
wow, open mouth, droolin', almost had a hemmorage from that fantastic work,you have a great eye for details, and one heck of a modelling hand!

greetz
sfctur1
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 02:52 AM UTC
Victor,
Any progress to being able to purschase your furnature sets?
Tom
olivato
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 01:55 PM UTC
Hi everybody!

Long delay since the last time I posted... and not too much to show you.
I have been working out of my town in January and I came back in mid-February.
I hope you had a good new year beginning.

Martin: Welcome! I´m glad you liked my work. Thank you very much for taking your time to see my project.

Bob: About the buttons, you are probably right, my own microwave has that type of buttons, but if I had to reproduce those ones, I would have to use a decal... and as it is going to be part of a set, and I don't have this possibility, I have to do it this way, it doesn't look so bad, does it?
About the sets, I came back with the intention of making all the molds and I found that the suppliers are not importing silicone rubber... which is a problem for me.
As soon as I have everything ready I will post it here.
Thank you for still following my project.

Maartin: Thank you for the support and still following my work.

Edson: Thank you for your constant support. For the Abrams, a little bit of work, but for the Bradley I have been researching to make a complete interior of the cargo troops, and I have the kit from Legends to update it to a M2A3, so this is going to be a huge transformation.

Claude: I even imagine why? Thank you so much for following my work, I really appreciate it.

Jose: This is a very long project... so I ask you for patience. The project will continue by finishing floor by floor, and making the furniture for each scene (yes, on each floor there is going to be a different scene, and a different story too). Thanks for the support. Un abrazo!

Tha Pit: I´m glad you are still there!!! Thank you for your kind words, it´s very important to me, it keeps me focused on the project.

Tom: As I said to Bob, and you in private, I´m very surprised with the news about the silicon rubber. I´m looking for other suppliers, and as soon I can solve this, I will contact you. Thanks for the patience!

Just a little update of this Ambitious Project: I have re-done the buttons and the lines of the hi-fi system. I had to find a new reference point, as these are such small things that the soldier is too big, so I have been using a standard 1/35 hand.

The same happened to the telephone, which was by far the worst-looking appliance. I like it much better now.

Finally, I made the table for the kitchen set (which will probably appear somewhere in the diorama) It's a regular dining table.

However, if a modeler wants to use it in a more chaotic situation, you will find a nice metallic structure below.

I am working on other pieces too. I'll show you when I have finished them.
See you soon!
jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2013 - 11:37 AM UTC
Victor this is a must follow, glad you take the time to share these things with us,keep it up !

Greetz
olivato
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2013 - 04:42 PM UTC
Hi everyone!

Tha Pit: And I´m really thankful for your support. This year I propose to maintain a more regular update of this post. Thanks again.

I'd finished the refrigerator, but as I don´t have silicon rubber, I think that it can be improved a little bit, so I´m working a little more on the doors.
I started with the things to repeat, as the shelves, the drawer for fruit and vegetables and the shelves for the door.

Then I made the body of the refrigerator.
Nothing special, only plasticard, and plastic heated and stretched.

Of course, as always say, a previous drawing help a lot.

See you soon!!!
bronzey
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 300 posts
Armorama: 256 posts
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2013 - 08:17 PM UTC
Olivato,

I have been following this thread for over a year now and it NEVER gets old! Infact I believe this was the 1st thread I ever started to follow. Your skills are second to none. Your improved items are a great step up from what you had, and I thought those was amazing before you improved them lol I love the level of detail you go to, all that fridge needs is half a dozen cans of red bull and it would look just like mine! Can't wait to see the many more updates and as for you making these items into sellable products, can I give you my pay check now?.... Lol keep it up your a great inspiration to me.

Bronzey
Lagumiles
KitMaker: 156 posts
Armorama: 135 posts
Posted: Monday, March 04, 2013 - 01:39 PM UTC
Only fantastic Victor!

Moreno
olivato
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 - 03:32 PM UTC
Hi everyone!

Alex: If you want to give me your pay check now, it´s OK, but I prefer to wait until I can give you something in return...
I´m still waiting for someone to import the silicon rubber again. Thank you so much to be there all this year, and always with kind words.

Moreno: Thanks, not only for the support here with your words, but also with the material you sent me to help in my project, I really appreciate it. Thank you again!

The post from " xfasfdsfg" was apparently a spam, and he is no longer a member of Armorama. I hope no one had trouble reading that post.

Finally I've upgraded the doors of the fridge and it looks like this outside

and inside.

Unfortunately I don´t have any pictures of the previous one, but believe me, it was very poor.

From the bad experience I had when I made the armchair, I've picked the idea of cutting something in halves and adding something in the middle, so starting with this idea, I made a sofa.
I started by cutting the arms of the armchair's copies.

I copied the shape of the sofa on a piece of plasticard.

Then, I glued both armchairs together with the piece of plastic in the middle.

Now I am covering the piece with Tamiya epoxy to give it its final shape.

I will try to maintain the updates of the post this way throughout the year, so as not to spend a month without any news and then six or seven things all together. I hope I can keep up.
See you soon!
Lagumiles
KitMaker: 156 posts
Armorama: 135 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 - 04:24 AM UTC
Nothing to thanks Victor, anyway there is something new at the same link you have
Regards Moreno
olivato
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2013 - 03:16 PM UTC
Hi everyone!

Moreno: I checked the link again, and as all the other things, it´s going to be very useful for the project. Thank you so much!!!

With the fridge ready, the pieces for the second floor are complete and now I have to organize the things in the apartment as I have planned, and see how they look.
I want to put in the soldiers too and check if the scene is not too stuffy.

Meanwhile I´ve started some details for the first floor and the first one I finished is this book holder
Some pictures of the process.

An one picture for reference.

More things coming.
See you soon!
QUAX_MAXIMUS
Visit this Community
El Salvador
Posted: Saturday, March 09, 2013 - 06:59 PM UTC
great work as allways Victor, refrigerator it's a great add, and the books holder a pretty nice detail. Keep up for the great work you're doin'!!!! saludos y un abrazo amigo!!
jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 - 10:19 AM UTC
so oldschool Victor, I expected an I pod docking staion ,not the old CD player :)

blew my wife away with your post when she started naggin I was overdetailing my Kraz truck

look honey, he's even more infected then I

greetz, always eyecandy from you!
Alejandro
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 5 posts
Armorama: 5 posts
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2013 - 03:20 PM UTC
Incredible work!!
Felicitaciones, y enseñame!