Campaigns: Completed Campaigns
Campaigns that are completed should be grouped here.
Hosted by Richard S.
Big Cats Mk.IV
Armored76
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 1,615 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 06:51 PM UTC
I was not able to do much over the last week but the camo has been finished. Free-handed using Revel Aquas:

j76lr
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,081 posts
Armorama: 1,066 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 06:58 PM UTC
nice job guys
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 07:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

nice job guys

Thanks Lou,why don't you jump in ?
Thirian24
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 2,493 posts
Armorama: 2,344 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 12:08 AM UTC
Anthony - That Tiger is looking amazing. Really nice job.

Cristian - Great looking Camo sir!
Hudson29
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,156 posts
Armorama: 1,024 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 01:39 AM UTC
Cristian - I love this tank so much I might just have to try one myself even though I have never built anything beyond the Cold War period. What kit is it?
GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 4,648 posts
Armorama: 2,248 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 02:13 AM UTC
Anthony,
Tiger looks great!

Cristian,
Awesome soft blend of those colors!

Gary
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
Armorama: 1,860 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 02:29 AM UTC
I think I might be calling this one just about done. I am starting school again next week and have several other projects to work on so I probably won't touch this cat again until I make a base for it. Had some issues/accidents during the build so it's not my best work. I plan on getting a newer tool G down the road to replace this one.

Also finished her friends:

Thirian24
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 02:50 AM UTC
Awesome job Shell! Congrats
GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 4,648 posts
Armorama: 2,248 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 02:59 AM UTC
Shell,
Excellent! I love them all!

Gaz
wedgetail53
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 658 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 03:56 AM UTC
G'day Shell

Great looking Panther (my favourite WW2 tank). Just a small point - the crew are unlikely to have left the tow cable dangling like that. If it got caught by the tracks, the results could be interesting!

Regards

Rob
supaderpa
Visit this Community
Malaysia
KitMaker: 157 posts
Armorama: 140 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 05:09 AM UTC
Great work on that Panther Shell. Nice soft blending between the colours and subtle weathering giving it a dusty but not worn appearance. Also, the other "non-kitties" are equally superb.
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 07:20 AM UTC
Your Tiger's looking good Anthony. Nice Panther Shell - I like the dusty finish on it. Cheers, Tat
Armored76
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 10:29 AM UTC
@Shell: Great finish! Not sure what those issue were but to my untrained eyes, this looks very-very good. Same goes for the "friends", by the way

@Paul: This is the new Meng Leopard 2A7. My first Meng kit and I really like it.

@Lou, Garry: Thank you, guys! The soft blend comes as a result of free-hand painting. It is _very_ time-consuming (around 6-8 hours for the black and brown) but well worth the effort in my eyes.
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 07:33 PM UTC
Hello,

Sturmmorser Tiger I build done:

Cheers,

Tat
Hudson29
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 01:29 AM UTC
Shell - I love the colors and the way you got them to work together. I can believe a real vehicle would look that way.

Tat - What a brute your model is. What sort of gun was that? It looks enormous!
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 03:10 AM UTC
Thanks Paul!

Yes, it does deliver one awesome punch. It's a 380mm rocket launcher, that fires something like this:

Cheers,

Tat
Thirian24
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 03:41 AM UTC
Looking good tat. Can't wait to see some paint on it
Hudson29
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 03:54 AM UTC
That is a huge rocket/shell. I'll bet it was nasty to fire it as well as receive one of those babies. Was it a late war vehicle made in small numbers? It should be a fun model to build.
Hudson29
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 05:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

@Paul: This is the new Meng Leopard 2A7. My first Meng kit and I really like it.

@Lou, Garry: Thank you, guys! The soft blend comes as a result of free-hand painting. It is _very_ time-consuming (around 6-8 hours for the black and brown) but well worth the effort in my eyes.

Between the shapes and the colors I was so impressed with your build of this big modern kitty that I just ordered one myself. I usually don't mess with post Viet Nam subjects but this one is too pretty to pass up. Thanks for showing it off!

Now I need to work up my building chops to be able to make a good job of it . . .
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 05:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

That is a huge rocket/shell. I'll bet it was nasty to fire it as well as receive one of those babies. Was it a late war vehicle made in small numbers? It should be a fun model to build.

Hey, man, hop on the Google train! All the kids are doing it these days:

Sturmtiger
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 05:39 AM UTC
Thanks Dustin!

Paul, here's one in action (see at 1:12):

There was a prototype and about 18 built on refurbed Tiger I chassis, late in the war. Figured in the Warsaw Uprising, and the Battle of Bulge (I think).

Cheers,

Tat
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 06:40 AM UTC
Thanks all for the positive comments.

Tat: I commend you for working in the smaller scales. My eyes are past that stage; hopefully I won't be forced to move up to 1/16 as I haven't the room for that.

Rob: Probably right about the tow cable, but it was fighting me trying to lay it down so it ended up where it ended up. I might end up doing a scene with some figures lounging around and play it off like they were in the middle of doing something and hadn't finished putting it away.

Paul: The color scheme for the Panther was cribbed from late war patterns shown on some Bison Decals sets, as was the Wespe. The Stug's camo came from the centerfold of the Osprey New Vanguard #37 on the III and IV series. And the Pz III was "easy" because it practically one color except for where it's worn off (obvious hairspray job, but I put on more than I thought so I got a few chunks off but I have seen a few examples of severe paint loss before so I went with it).

I credit a good deal of the paint success to my new Iwata I got to supplement my old Paasche VLS. Big improvement plus it feels better in my hand which helps.

I have a commission build to do a 1/30 Bandai Hummel in a Western Front scheme which I'll post pics of if anyone's interested. It's an old 70's kit with thick ugly rubber tracks (it's a motorized kit) made of metallic dark gray plastic with a strange textured surface but otherwise not too terrible, but when you collect 1/32 21st Century and FOV as my friend does, you take what you can get. The figures are comically horrible - I think the driver has on swim flippers. The thing goes for stupid money; there's one on ebay with a $250 BIN. Don't know what my friend paid but I hope it wasn't anywhere near that.
Armored76
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 10:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Between the shapes and the colors I was so impressed with your build of this big modern kitty that I just ordered one myself. I usually don't mess with post Viet Nam subjects but this one is too pretty to pass up. Thanks for showing it off!

Same here! I'm on a Soviet trip lately but this was a must have! It was my first impulse acquisition in a loooong time as I really enjoy planning my builds upfront.

I'm sure you're going to have a lot of fun with this kit. It builds up very nicely with as good as no problems. The part count is reasonable and the fit is excellent. The only tedious part is the three color camo but that is "daily business".

Make sure you show us some pictures when you get around to build it!
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 12:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks all for the positive comments.

Tat: I commend you for working in the smaller scales. My eyes are past that stage; hopefully I won't be forced to move up to 1/16 as I haven't the room for that.

Rob: Probably right about the tow cable, but it was fighting me trying to lay it down so it ended up where it ended up. I might end up doing a scene with some figures lounging around and play it off like they were in the middle of doing something and hadn't finished putting it away.

Paul: The color scheme for the Panther was cribbed from late war patterns shown on some Bison Decals sets, as was the Wespe. The Stug's camo came from the centerfold of the Osprey New Vanguard #37 on the III and IV series. And the Pz III was "easy" because it practically one color except for where it's worn off (obvious hairspray job, but I put on more than I thought so I got a few chunks off but I have seen a few examples of severe paint loss before so I went with it).

I credit a good deal of the paint success to my new Iwata I got to supplement my old Paasche VLS. Big improvement plus it feels better in my hand which helps.

I have a commission build to do a 1/30 Bandai Hummel in a Western Front scheme which I'll post pics of if anyone's interested. It's an old 70's kit with thick ugly rubber tracks (it's a motorized kit) made of metallic dark gray plastic with a strange textured surface but otherwise not too terrible, but when you collect 1/32 21st Century and FOV as my friend does, you take what you can get. The figures are comically horrible - I think the driver has on swim flippers. The thing goes for stupid money; there's one on ebay with a $250 BIN. Don't know what my friend paid but I hope it wasn't anywhere near that.

Thanks Shell! I need visual amplification even at 1/35.

Yeah, do show that Bandai build -- such an odd one at 1/30. Why not put it for the Dog Campaign, it's still on till the end of the year. Now that reminds me of my participation as well.

Cheers,

Tat
Hudson29
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 03:55 AM UTC
Tat - Thanks for the video, it great to see the beast in action.

Shell - Thanks for the link. It pretty much answered my Qs plus lead to another page on the "bouncing Betty" mines. I had no idea that these were thrown from vehicles.